PUBLIC OPINION > The Death Penalty Is Necessary

SodaHead Infographics 2012/04/30 16:00:00
California is getting ready to vote on whether or not to repeal capital punishment, so we took it to the broader public first, asking one basic question: Is the death penalty necessary? Though capital punishment is not practiced in most countries, it is practiced in the four most populous countries (China, India, Indonesia, and most of the U.S.), making it a complex and controversial topic. But don't worry, we broke it down for you by country, state -- and much more. Want to know how they feel about it in California? You might be surprised. Let's dive!

death penalty sodahead infographic

• Striker 2012/04/30 17:24:35
    Striker
    +14
    Tell ya what. That 35% who think horrid criminals should live and stay in prison can now pay the costs of storing them and providing their care and feeding.

The rest of us will pay for a bullet.

• missoni 2012/05/12 10:46:44
    missoni
    +3
    No. I will never, ever, be in favour of the death penalty. It seems only cold states, with cold people support it. I doubt America will ever be a country where it is completely wiped out. Unless you know and understand the full extent of the death penalty, you can't agree with it. Its an easy way out for so many complex situations. Whilst the perpetrator. waits to be killed, thats costing a lot of money, and the death its self racks up to a lot of money too. I will never see the sense in killing someone to prove what they did was wrong. It really has no justification what so ever. I mean, wheres the proof its actually stopping crime? There is no proof. It doesn't fix a damn thing.
  • THAT WA... missoni 2012/05/14 20:46:00 (edited)
  • missoni THAT WA... 2012/05/15 00:22:19
    missoni
    Listen in many countries that don't have the death penalty, things seems to be very fine. And in relation to the money reference, are you kidding me? Thats all people care about in America in regards to the death penalty. How much money its going to cost the 'tax payer'. Which is another joke considering America doesn't even rack into the 15 highest tax paying countries. Wah wah wah, thats a whole other story though. I'm not going to bother to even go into my own PERSONAL experience of the death penalty. I don't think you deserve the account I experienced. People like you keep saying its for the victim and the victims family. The victim is dead. The family is just trying to move on. There is no peace after the perpetrator is killed. The feelings don't go away. They never do. So there really is no point. Its not going to stop others from killing. It seems people who are in support of the death penalty see it as some sort of 'fear wielding threat'. Thats a joke. The death penalty has certainly not scared murderers and rapists away or there wouldn't be such a large number of detainees on death row. Its mindless and stupid. It is not your CHOICE who lives and who doesn't. Another human cannot take another life even if that life has killed someone else. It doesn't make sense. Now this is the last reply you will get from me. I'm sick of talking and replying to a bunch who people who think they know best when the whole world is just laughing at them. Goodbye.
  • THAT WA... missoni 2012/05/18 06:24:32
  • kobidob... missoni 2012/05/25 05:30:13 (edited)
    kobidobidog
    When the death penalty is wiped out all methods of killing to try to save the body will be wiped out. Militarily army bases will be like gold rush ghost towns.
  • BUD LITE 2012/05/12 10:12:36
    BUD LITE
    +1
    I favor the death penalty. I just think it should be carried out within 6 months not 10 years.
  • kobidob... BUD LITE 2012/05/25 05:34:54 (edited)
    kobidobidog
    All humans that die are under a deathly penalty .Kill,and the soul will die with the body. It would be good for you to recant that statement.
  • BUD LITE kobidob... 2012/05/26 21:12:00
    BUD LITE
    Sometimes different people have different interpretations of the Bible.
  • kobidob... BUD LITE 2012/05/27 00:44:55 (edited)
    kobidobidog
    There is an interpretation leading to peace or one not leading to peace. One or the other. One that glorifies God or one that calls him a murdering monster one or the other. One that persecutes, and one that does not persecute.
    The SIXTH Commandment - Thou Shalt Not Kill, is there another interpretation?
    Hell is Gods light seen to the human that kills or hates not being like Jesus is like it was fire. KJV, 1 John 1;5This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light. Heb; 12:29;For our God is a consuming fire. James 1:17 Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, Hell is the face of God Moses could not look into or become ashes. Do you possibly see hypnotherapy interpretation?
    Do you agree hell is as I say it is as not being a place according to scripture?
    After reading this is it agreed that sex of any kind is thing God does not hate, but rather the humans against the sexualities call Pedo, and zoosexual?
    KJV, Pro; 6;16These six things doth the LORD hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him: A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood, An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief, A false witness that speaketh lies...
    >>

KJV, Pro; 6;16These six things doth the LORD hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him: A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood, An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief, A false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren. The humans against the sexuality are like that. Is there any other interpretation?
    Jeremiah 5 >>King James Version;26;For among my people are found wicked men: they lay wait, as he that setteth snares; they set a trap, they catch men.
    The wicked men against the Pedo, and others do that. Is there any other interpretation?
    This says circumcision is not the penis being figuitivly the heart. Can it be agreed humans told us lies plainly spoken in the KJV since the beginning of time?
    There are 8 places I can find old,and new combined where the KJV says the heart figuratively is to be circumcised,and the not the penis tip at all. Deuteronomy 30:6, Deuteronomy 10:16 ;Jeremiah 4:4 , Jeremiah 9:26; Colossians 2:11-15;Acts 7:51;Leviticus 26:41;Romans 2:29,
    From reading this it can be agreed that whatever sex is not abominable?KJV,
    Proverbs 12 22Lying lips are abomination to the LORD:
    Proverbs 3, 32For the froward is abomination to the LORD:
    Proverbs 20 :10Divers weights, and divers measures, both of them are alike abomination to the LORD .
    From reading this is it agreed that zoosexuality is not perverse?Rather what comes out of the mouth is perverse making the humans against the zoosexual perverse?
    Proverbs 19 :1Better is the poor that walketh in his integrity, than he that is perverse in his lips, and is a fool.
    Proverbs 15 4A wholesome tongue is a tree of life: but perverseness therein is a breach in the spirit.
    Proverbs 17 :23A wicked man taketh a gift out of the bosom to pervert the ways of judgment.
    Proverbs 4 24,Put away from thee a froward mouth, and perverse lips put far from thee.
    From reading this it is agreed that sex or being naked is not a thing that defiles the soul?
    Matthew 15:11 ,King James Bible
    Not that which goeth into the mouth defileth a man; but that which cometh out of the mouth, this defileth a man.
    Is it agreed that the human destroying whoever with his mouth is a hypocrite wanting love not giving love?
    Proverbs 9An hypocrite with his mouth destroyeth his neighbour: but through knowledge shall the just be delivered.
    Can it be agreed the human against the human having sex with another species is the human that is the hypocrite? is there another interpretation?
  • BUD LITE kobidob... 2012/05/27 04:50:50
    BUD LITE
    In reply I will tell you that I believe in God and also believe that what is written in the Bible is true. The Bible can be a hard book to read for many including me. Over the years I have heard many different people interpret many scriptures in different ways. Even Pastors preach the same scriptures with different interpretations. I personally think "Thou Shalt Not Kill" means malicious murder, not execution for a crime against innocent people. I also think that God approves of laws that govern people to the extent of controlling crime and making the Earth a bearable place to live for Christian people. Some people differ but I believe the death penalty does deter crime and is just punishment for certain crimes. I do respect other peoples beliefs that the death penalty is not a deterrent but that will not change mine. Hope you have a good holiday!
  • kobidob... BUD LITE 2012/05/28 02:42:35 (edited)
    kobidobidog
    +1
    It is a breeze for me to read. I meditate on it all of the time. Verses pop into my head,and new things are taught now, and again by the holy spirit. KJV. There are verses the scribes, and Pharisees clasped onto to use to harm humans making them feel artificially better. The stone throwing incident is a classic example. Thou shalt not kill is thou shalt not kill. The soul either goes to God or to Satan's prison to await final Judgment. The unrepentant ender of life, and the ones feeling happy for the death are just as guilty. God says hate your brother, and be a murderer. 1 John 3:15; Whosoever hateth his brother is a murderer: and ye know that no murderer hath eternal life abiding in him. If hater to God is murder how could an execution not be murder?
    I have the truth religions won't at this time teach. If you find one that does you will be lucky.
  • Tom Dundee 2012/05/11 22:01:53
    Tom Dundee
    Necessary.
    Luckily the vote will come after today's conviction of an illegal alien for killing a father and his 2 sons.

How about voting on ending their treasonous sanctuary laws?
  • kobidob... Tom Dundee 2012/05/25 05:36:48 (edited)
    kobidobidog
    The human that kills will get their reward. It does not matter who kills who.
  • Tom Dundee kobidob... 2012/07/22 19:14:19
    Tom Dundee
    +1
    Send some love (reward) to Holmes.
  • kobidob... Tom Dundee 2012/07/22 19:24:25
    kobidobidog
    All need love. Overcome evil with good. Jesus frees. When he is in us freeing others not jailing them or killing them eternal life will be in whoever building a good foundation for eternity.
  • Tom Dundee kobidob... 2012/08/22 04:19:43
    Tom Dundee
    +1
    yah, right
  • kobidob... Tom Dundee 2012/08/22 05:09:22
    kobidobidog
    Let me think abouit this. You don't believe what I said do you? You think giving evil for evil is better?
  • Tom Dundee kobidob... 2012/09/26 19:18:31
    Tom Dundee
    I know what I said and I believe what I said. I mean what I said. Executing a killer is not evil. Allowing that person to kill again is evil.
  • kobidob... Tom Dundee 2012/09/26 21:49:00
    kobidobidog
    Guess what you want to do? exactly WHAT THE PERSON YOU ARE ACCUSING OF DOING. that IS EVIL FOR EVIL. CAN ANYTHING GOOD COME FROM GIVING EVIL WHEN EVIL IS GIVEN? DON'T GET A MICROSOFT KEY PAD.THE KEYS STICK. i AM STUCK WITH THE CAPITALS RIGHT NOW.
  • Tom Dundee kobidob... 2012/11/21 03:43:01
    Tom Dundee
    A society has a right to protect itself from evil. Some people have no right to live in a civilized world.
  • kobidob... Tom Dundee 2012/11/21 05:38:51 (edited)
    kobidobidog
    All people die.That is all bodies having evil in it. Evil evil = evil. Is my math correct? That is what you want calling it good. Have good in the soul, and the person will not give evil giving life. Life is good, correct? Good is good right? Gods word says:<< 1 Peter 3 >>8Finally, be ye all of one mind, having compassion one of another, love as brethren, be pitiful, be courteous: 9Not rendering evil for evil, or railing for railing: but contrariwise blessing; knowing that ye are thereunto called, that ye should inherit a blessing.
    King James Version
    Give evil for evil, and what is left is the human that gave evil being evil, You say you don't want evil in the world being evil giving evil. Wouldn't you be divided against yourself? Jesus did not jail either. That means jailing is evil too.
  • Tom Dundee kobidob... 2013/03/01 20:22:10
    Tom Dundee
    Do you just pick a topic of interest every day and then use that to respond to your questions whether it makes sense or not

Of course Jesus did not jail poeple, that is the govt's job and Jesus and Jesus was a man of God.
  • kobidob... Tom Dundee 2013/05/24 22:57:53 (edited)
    kobidobidog
    Be a man of God be like Jesus. God's spirit in Jesus perfectly to be in our soul to a save our soul. Those that have a saved soul will not arrest or kill even as Jesus did not arrest or kill. That teaches people to not arrest and kill to be like Jesus is observing the character of Jesus. The death penalty is intrinsically entwined in what the devil wants to do. God in us will break the cords of the devil. Jesus in the governmment will be like Jesus is. People without God in them will rebel. Jesus is God. I tell you the truth. When Jesus said before Abraham was I AM Jesus meant it. When Jesus had blood in him is the same being Moses and Abraham saw. Resurrected exactly what Abraham and what Moses saw.
  • MissingTheO.C. 2012/05/11 09:44:04
    MissingTheO.C.
    I agree.
  • Larissa Haig 2012/05/11 02:20:25
    Larissa Haig
    good that it is
  • santa6642 2012/05/11 01:42:36
    santa6642
    +1
    Yes.....
  • bpf 2012/05/10 22:59:31
    bpf
    +2
    I am still waiting to hear an intelligent debate on how one can equate a person ( An Adult) who knows the difference between right & wrong should not be executed and an unborn innocent baby who never did anything wrong is butchered because 99% of the time it's an inconvenience. The left cry over an adult getting a slow working drug that puts them to sleep then stops the heart and then compare to ripping a baby out by the means of metal forks, chemical burning, chopped into pieces or the worst of all pulling the baby half way out and plunging a long metal needle into the base of the baby's brain. That's the horror of this Nation and the World the systematic murder of babies being compared to an knowing adult murdering someone.
  • Twinky bpf 2012/05/13 00:52:07
    Twinky
    +1
    What about the argument that both are wrong?
  • kobidob... Twinky 2012/07/22 19:31:47 (edited)
    kobidobidog
    You are right. To call jailing or killing of a human in what is known as capital punishment or war of justifying the killing of a sexuality is war. Idol worshipers war. Clothing just so happens to be an idol if it upsets whoever when it is removed from a living being. Abortion is just as much a human sacrifice as the practice of taking a living heart out of the chest of a person like the Aztecs. Jailing is not giving mercy. Hence jailing is also an anti Christ thing to do.
  • kobidob... bpf 2012/05/25 05:40:17 (edited)
    kobidobidog
    I know what is wrong, and I know what is right. All killing in Gods eyes is wrong. He has the last say. Try to have a say before he has his say makes that Human abominable before God. God is equal. God will give what a human gives to whoever whatever it is. If it is bad repenting is necessary for the soul of whoever.
  • Johnathan Cage 2012/05/10 17:42:23
    Johnathan Cage
    We have laws and penalties that keep people from moving from "the norm" . If you steal and get caught you go to jail. If you rape and get caught you go to jail. Killing someone takes everything from the innocent victim. Friendships and families and whole communities suffer . If you make the ultimate crime then you should also pay the ultimate penalty . Oh and even in jail murderers still kill others at times. So even a rapist killed in jail should have his or hers murderer pay for ending their life ..

I am not a vengence minded person but more of a justice and fairness minded person
  • amelia 2012/05/10 05:07:43
    amelia
    +6
    no one should have the power to leagally kill someone. it's primative and barberic.
  • kobidob... amelia 2012/07/22 19:35:56 (edited)
    kobidobidog
    The human that kills or jails act like the humans that did the same to John the baptist, and wanted to kill Jesus, and Lazarus.
  • frank 2012/05/09 17:36:19
    frank
    +2
    Yes I believe in the death penalty. Thank goodness for Texas and Florida who enforce it.
  • KilrQueen 2012/05/09 13:38:36
    KilrQueen
    +2
    The way I see it is if you are no longer a productive member of society and are set on doing harm to those of us that are, then you no longer need to be part of this society and we should not have to pay for you to sit in a prison cell for the rest of your life. The person or persons that you murdered did not get any extra time....so why should I feel sorry for you? And for all you bleeding hearts who think they can be rehabilitated, have them move into your home and you support them on your own dime...not mine.
  • Patric 2012/05/09 10:43:31
    Patric
    +3
    I back the death penalty for the felon that commits the crime ..

if nothing else, I / you / we do not have to deal with that criminal ever again..

and that is all she wrote..
  • missoni Patric 2012/05/12 10:50:32
    missoni
    +1
    Yes but there always going to be bad apples among the many good....
  • Patric missoni 2012/05/12 15:00:39
    Patric
    +1
    and , by the elimination of the " bad apple " we no longer have the

one bad apple ruins the bushel ,,,,

weed them out , eliminate them from the rest of us, to never commit a crime again..

end of story,, right or wrong, it does detere that felon from ever hurting any one again.
  • Patric 2012/05/09 10:37:26
    Patric
    +3
    well hell damn, if the illegals are able to get in with out an ID and vote , the measure will get voted down,,

wonder which way the death row killers / rapist / terrorist will vote ???

death penalty , best deterent for that criminal to never commit a crime ever again...
  • JessyBear 2012/05/08 19:18:32
    JessyBear
    +4
    Now if it could only be enforced. To may outs to many appeals

2014/07/25 13:49:23