Public Opinion Says Accidentally Bringing Pot Brownies to Work Is Hilarious [INFOGRAPHIC]

SodaHead Infographics 2011/09/07 23:00:00
Last week we asked SodaHeads what they thought about a woman who accidentally brought "special brownies" to work. Was it a laughing matter or a horrible mistake?

Here's a quick recap of the original story:

After divulging on the chocolate treats, three of the co-workers said they started feeling lightheaded, numb and disoriented and were taken to the hospital.

Investigators later found that the brownies were of the marijuana variety. It turns out, the co-worker's son had baked the pot brownies about a year ago -- nasty, we know -- and put them in the freezer, only to be discovered by his mother a year later and brought into the office.

The majority of people who responded, and there were a lot of you, thought the story was hilarious, so we've sent out notices to all of your employers informing them you might be under the influence of marijuana at work.

Just kidding! Your secret is safe with us.

But we did dig into your responses to look for interesting trends, and took a quick dip into the government's database to fill you in on some big-picture statistics.

Let's dive.

safe dig responses interesting dip governments database big-picture statistics dive

• Fef 2011/09/08 00:02:09
    Fef
    +9
    Duuuude? Funny to get people high accidentally? More evidence America has headed in the wrong direction.

We don't mind if we get people high on illegal drugs, but don't dare knowingly smoke a cigarette or cigar at work.

• JoeKnows 2011/09/08 00:10:20
    JoeKnows
    I woke up at 4am to go to work and was rushing out of the house. I didn't have time to make breakfast so I grabbed 2 slices of banana bread that my roommate made the night before. I ate them on the way to work. What my roommate didn't tell me is that he used 1/2 of a pound of pot butter.

By the time I got to work, I was totally wasted. I had no idea what was going on - I thought I was having a heart attack. I went into first aid and the safety guy drove me home. I layed there for a while and then got hungry so, I ate another piece of banana bread!

My roommate got home after work and asked me who was eating all the pot cake...? Very disturbing being high and not knowing why but, we laughed about it for quite a while. I never ate his baking again without confirming the ingredients.
    +1
    Pot is harmless, it's pretty funny.
  • KoAm 2011/09/08 00:04:45
    KoAm
    +2
    Anyone who knows me would say that I have a great sense of humor -- but I don't think this story is funny at all. I don't see the humor in putting people under the influence of drugs without their consent or against their will.

After all, those people are at WORK and may, you know, have important things to do. After work, they may be getting behind the wheel of a CAR to pick up their kids from soccer practice.

And at least one or two of them may be recovering alcoholics or drug addicts -- and their recovery will be completely screwed up by some IDIOT who wasn't satisfied with frying his/her OWN brain with drugs.
  • S123 KoAm 2011/09/08 00:41:12
    S123
    +1
    Did you read the original story? It says that she found the brownies in the fridge and found out later that they were pot brownies that her son made.
  • KoAm S123 2011/09/08 07:19:53
    KoAm
    +1
    It doesn't matter. What matters is that people found it "hilarious" that people were being put under the influence of drugs without their consent. How the drugs got there is really besides the point.
  • intoler... KoAm 2011/09/08 14:29:19
    intolerantrwj
    ..... Thank You and a Huge Amen to that thought ! ! !
  • Gianni ... KoAm 2011/09/08 00:55:52
    Gianni Crivello
    +4
    Erm, using alcohol or drugs is ALWAYS a decision.. if they were too 'weak' to resist relapse after this temptation, then they don't understand the nature of decision-making. It's always the responsibility of the individual to deny or accept his cravings. Trust me, I'm a Ph. D. Neurologist, minor in psychology, with a history of addiction.. and IT WAS AN ACCIDENT. Stop. Being. Ignorant. Just. Because. You. Might. Have. To. Concede. That. You. Were. Incorrect. ..Jen.
  • intoler... Gianni ... 2011/09/08 14:35:54
    intolerantrwj
    .... could you please explain how, with all that education you claim, you could possibly have overlooked Jens point ... the point that ' People find it funny that others were unknowingly drugged ' ?

Would it be okay if I slipped a drug into your wife or daughters drink and did the Wild thing with them ... likely not ... but then, I'd likely be just uneducated and ignorant for throwing that comparison into the mix, right ?
  • Gianni ... intoler... 2011/09/16 03:17:25
    Gianni Crivello
    +1
    I didn't miss the point, I actually addressed it in one of her other comments. Excuse you, Mr. Appeals-to-personal-emotions-...
  • intoler... Gianni ... 2011/09/18 15:09:42
    intolerantrwj
    .... yes, excuse me for following the thought, and chastisement of her thought ... how dare she inject logic and sense .... should be flogged
  • S123 Gianni ... 2011/09/08 19:27:20
    S123
    How did the that people who ate the brownies have a choice? Even the woman who brought them didn't know at the time that they were pot brownies.
  • Gianni ... S123 2011/09/16 03:18:03
    Gianni Crivello
    They didn't - but, the temptation to use that experience as a gateway into relapse IS the choice.
  • S123 Gianni ... 2011/09/16 16:19:51
    S123
    But Jen wasn't talking about that, she was talking about how those people were put under the influence of marijuana without their consent.
  • gamerbambi 2011/09/08 00:04:18
    gamerbambi
    +2
    bahahah! it *is* hilarious!
  • KoAm gamerbambi 2011/09/08 00:08:42
    KoAm
    +3
    Really? Putting people under the influence of drugs without their consent is hilarious to you?

People who may be recovering addicts or alcoholics? People who may have to get behind the wheel of a car to pick their kids up from school? People who are in the office and, thus, actually have WORK to do to support their families?

Fry your own brain with drugs if you want. But don't drag unwitting people down with you.
  • JoeKnows KoAm 2011/09/08 00:26:21
    JoeKnows
    +2
    Had it been done on purpose, it would have been a really stupid and dangerous thing to do. It happened to me by accident (see my comment above) and it was very disturbing but, once I realized what was going on, it was beyond hilarious.

you're right about the danger the people were put in though, there was no way that I was capable of driving and I worked in a very dangerous industry - high rise construction. Had I have actually gone to work - I could have been a dead man.
  • intoler... JoeKnows 2011/09/08 14:43:29
    intolerantrwj
    .... I think you're missing her point Joe.

The Post / Question ...

..... " Public Opinion Says Accidentally Bringing Pot Brownies to Work Is Hilarious "

People find it hilarious that others were unknowingly drugged ... huh .. what ?

As I asked the fellow above ... suppose your wife or daughter was drugged and someone did the Wild Thing with them ... would that be hilarious ... legit comparison, is it not ?
  • JoeKnows intoler... 2011/09/09 07:13:56
    JoeKnows
    +1
    I see you're point and no, that would not be hilarious but, the post did not read...

"Public Opinion Says Accidentally Bringing Pot Brownies to Work And Then Raping Your Co-workers Is Hilarious"

... so, "No" I would not consider that to be a legitimate comparison.
  • intoler... JoeKnows 2011/09/12 12:08:25
    intolerantrwj
    .... okay
  • griffin... intoler... 2011/09/12 03:34:45
    griffinigin
    +1
    Well if they did the wild thing while on marijuana then they must have been loose to vegin with because pot isnt gonna make you start doing it with everything you see
  • intoler... griffin... 2011/09/12 12:09:46
    intolerantrwj
    .... likely not, but suppose the Unknown Drug was something a little more potent
  • Shawna 2011/09/08 00:03:19
    Shawna
    +2
    When I was in high school a girl brought pot brownies to school. Her parents were stoners. Several of the girls in my gym class had some and it was quite a wasted period in more than one sense. We had a substitute teacher and she kept saying, "these girls are so happy about volleyball."
  • JoeKnows Shawna 2011/09/09 07:58:09 (edited)
    JoeKnows
    +1
    forget pot brownies... a friend and I tried chewing tobacco and got suspended because our history teacher accused us of being high. We kept swallowing the spit because we didn't know any better and it got me higher than I've ever been from smoking pot. Where's the legislation on chewing tobacco because that sh#t is brutal!
  • Shawna JoeKnows 2011/09/09 14:08:18
    Shawna
    That sounds like a very nasty experience!
  • Fef 2011/09/08 00:02:09
    Fef
    +9

• KoAm Fef 2011/09/08 00:11:43
    KoAm
    +5
    I agree. It's pretty distressing that people read a story about people being put under the influence of drugs against their will or without their consent ... and then think it's funny.

How low we've sunk.
  • Gianni ... KoAm 2011/09/08 00:52:55
    Gianni Crivello
    +7
    "How low we've sunk"?

It was an accident.

..have you 1. ever tried pot? It's veritably harmless, unless you're making important decisions on it 2. ever laughed at something that was misfortunate for another? Unless you're with people that might be affected or you're a fundamentalist Christian, it's not 'low' to laugh at other people's follies. You've got no reason to call others low for their sense of humor. Don't come back with "It's my right to speak my opinion," because I understand that, I just think your opinion is totally nonsensical and I really doubt you ever put much (valuable) thought into it XD
  • Account... Gianni ... 2011/09/08 01:27:08
    Account Closed
    +1
    The story maybe funny to some, however, those of us who worked in a dangerous environment know potentially dangerous and life threatening this can be, in respect to my shipmate, I will leave out the name of the ship this happened on.

Date: September 26, 19?? (I know the year I was there when it happened)
    Place: Indian Ocean 6-9 Month Deployment

Job: Transferring supplies below decks to main deck using a pallet conveyor.
    Substance: Marijuana, I will not say how it was ingested.

Result: E-2 after ingesting marijuana during a ship to ship transfer of supplies via a conrep or vertrep, E-2 started conveyor to send up to the main deck supplies weight in excess of 500-1000 lbs. E-2 being under the influence did not realize that the pallet conveyor forks were in an upright position, while trying to centralize load, E-2 lost balance and fell head first in the a moving pallet conveyor, pallet conveyor caught E-2 by the collar lifting up through the narrow passage as the fork came into a lateral position, subsequently the force of the conveyor decapitated E-2, sending his head onto the main deck while leaving his body below decks. Investigation revealed Sailor had ingested marijuana causing him to be unaware of a dangerous and potentially life threatening situation.

The below picture is ...

The below picture is a picture of what a package/pallet conveyor on a Navy Ship looks like. A pallet conveyor is almost 2.5 times as big.

packagepallet conveyor navy ship pallet conveyor 2 5 times
  • exsecrare Account... 2011/09/08 03:07:26
    exsecrare
    +4
    And Benadryl makes you drowsy. Should we make it illegal because some individual fell asleep at the wheel?
  • Account... exsecrare 2011/09/08 11:04:21
    Account Closed
    +1
    No one said anything about legality, only what happened to a shipmate, a friend, a brother of mine. He was under the influence and unfortunately that led to his death at 19 years of age. My experience shows what can happen on a job site particularly one that has a high level of danger to it and what does happen when people are under the influence of pot, alcohol even perscription or OTC medication.
  • Lolaita Account... 2011/09/10 03:48:17
    Lolaita
    +1
    Wow that's really messed up.
    And a horrible death, which is why you don't smoke when you're handling heavy machinery/making important decisions.
  • intoler... exsecrare 2011/09/08 14:48:59
    intolerantrwj
    .... was the Benadryl administered without his / her consent ?
  • JoeKnows exsecrare 2011/09/09 07:22:30
    JoeKnows
    ... and how was the Benadryl administered? It's ok if it's taken orally but, shove a couple tablespoons of that stuff up your ass and things get out of control... especially if someone does it without your consent.
  • Gianni ... Account... 2011/09/16 03:26:19
    Gianni Crivello
    Your story is tragic. However, if you read the article carefully, it describes an office environment. I hardly accept this as any sort of relevant argument, and neither should anyone here.
  • cccp~ma... Gianni ... 2011/09/08 02:01:11
    cccp~marxist-leninst
    +1
    Pot is not harmless, it is addictive and it gets you under the influence and it has criminal history.
  • exsecrare cccp~ma... 2011/09/08 03:09:33
    exsecrare
    +4
    I believe you have your facts mixed up, you just described alcohol.
  • zero re... cccp~ma... 2011/09/08 08:19:00
    zero resistance
    +2
    A small blob of pot oil (concentrated THC) about the size of your pinky nail, taken orally twice daily can CURE CANCER in 2 - 3 months. Pot oil can cure or vastly improve most chronic medical conditions.
  • intoler... zero re... 2011/09/08 14:51:08
    intolerantrwj
    ..... congrats .... you just described something Knowingly Ingested
  • zero re... intoler... 2011/09/08 19:04:50
    zero resistance
    +2
    I was responding to the assertion that "pot is not harmless".
  • intoler... zero re... 2011/09/08 19:13:44
    intolerantrwj
    +1
    .... apology for misunderstanding .... I took it that you were following the thought of others, that being Unknowingly Ingesting was humorous and okay ... sorry about that

2014/12/22 05:46:09