Public Opinion Says Accidentally Bringing Pot Brownies to Work Is Hilarious [INFOGRAPHIC]

SodaHead Infographics 2011/09/07 23:00:00
Last week we asked SodaHeads what they thought about a woman who accidentally brought "special brownies" to work. Was it a laughing matter or a horrible mistake?

Here's a quick recap of the original story:

After divulging on the chocolate treats, three of the co-workers said they started feeling lightheaded, numb and disoriented and were taken to the hospital.

Investigators later found that the brownies were of the marijuana variety. It turns out, the co-worker's son had baked the pot brownies about a year ago -- nasty, we know -- and put them in the freezer, only to be discovered by his mother a year later and brought into the office.

The majority of people who responded, and there were a lot of you, thought the story was hilarious, so we've sent out notices to all of your employers informing them you might be under the influence of marijuana at work.

Just kidding! Your secret is safe with us.

But we did dig into your responses to look for interesting trends, and took a quick dip into the government's database to fill you in on some big-picture statistics.

Let's dive.

safe dig responses interesting dip governments database big-picture statistics dive

• Fef 2011/09/08 00:02:09
    Fef
    +9
    Duuuude? Funny to get people high accidentally? More evidence America has headed in the wrong direction.

We don't mind if we get people high on illegal drugs, but don't dare knowingly smoke a cigarette or cigar at work.

• sally 2011/09/08 04:47:01
    sally
    +2
    Of course it's hilarious, I wish my history teacher would get accidentally stoned, it would be hilarious. He already acts like it half the time.
  • alex 2011/09/08 04:31:48
  • Helmholtz alex 2011/09/08 05:13:11
  • alex Helmholtz 2011/09/08 05:37:24
  • Helmholtz alex 2011/09/08 05:37:55
  • dave alex 2011/09/08 06:08:12
    dave
    +1
    Makes me hopeful for legalization some day
  • James 2011/09/08 03:43:06
    James
    Getting anybody stoned is quite hilarious....especially with the schmucks I work with.
  • Sophia Eulalia 2011/09/08 03:42:54 (edited)
    Sophia Eulalia
    Ugh, that's just disgusting. How is it funny at all to put your fellow co-workers' health at serious risk - not just because of the drugs, but the fact that the brownies were a YEAR OLD? If you don't remember making it, don't serve it.
  • dave Sophia ... 2011/09/08 06:10:43
    dave
    I'd be more worried about the age of the brownies than what's in them- pot is shown to be harmless- people were probably freaked out because they weren't expecting the effect - I'll bet no one died or had any I'll effect unless it was food poisoning
  • Sophia ... dave 2011/09/08 06:20:37
    Sophia Eulalia
    I still don't want that crud in my system, but yeah, the age is what got me the most. It makes me think of my grandmother's fridge, probably full of stuff that's older than me. At home, my parents do regular clean-outs, and I'm usually the one stuck getting rid of the stuff that goes bad.
  • dave Sophia ... 2011/09/08 06:29:56
    dave
    She was probably trying to kill people at her work and I'd now pissed because she got them high
  • Sophia ... dave 2011/09/08 08:29:12
    Sophia Eulalia
    Now THAT is funny, I have to admit. It wouldn't have been funny if anyone actually died, but yeah.
  • dave Sophia ... 2011/09/10 00:27:01
    dave
    It definitely would make the story more interesting
  • autumn 2011/09/08 03:34:41
    autumn
    I don't care if people find this one hilarious.

I think it's terrible. Just like with medication you do not know how they will react to it. Plus the idea of being a pot head does not appeal to me.
  • lcky9 2011/09/08 03:03:25
    lcky9
    OK those 35 and older are lying their rears off.. I was not a party girl and I even tried pot.. although I didn't like passing around a joint and having other people sucking on a joint I would ONLY take a hit FIRST and that was it.. BUT I will say I liked the COOKIES/toll house.. but you have to hide them from others and remember to QUIT eating them..LOL..Now I have 1 or 2 drinks a year and that's it for me.. lol..
  • Jack the Dude 2011/09/08 03:02:59
  • Chris 2011/09/08 02:47:49
    Chris
    +1
    How can you be in your 20's or 30's and never tried pot? Jesus, live a little.
  • autumn Chris 2011/09/08 03:35:54
    autumn
    +2
    Some people are just not into that. Plenty live a little without the aid of pot.
  • Chris autumn 2011/09/08 04:18:59
    Chris
    +1
    And I am sure many have never tried Bailey's Irish Cream... which is delicious. I guess you don't know what you're missing if you never tried it so it's not that big of a deal.
  • Dub 2011/09/08 02:46:00
    Dub
    Thats really funny.
  • abubincrazy 2011/09/08 02:21:50
    abubincrazy
    +2
    Pot brownies? Pretty 70s, but what is your point?
    It's a relatively harmless, non-addictive plant.
    Those regular users are addictive personalities, not addicts.
  • cccp~ma... abubinc... 2011/09/08 03:11:25
    cccp~marxist-leninst
    Not addictive? The reason for cannabis being illegal is because it is addictive.
  • Chris cccp~ma... 2011/09/08 04:22:54
    Chris
    +1
    Maybe in Sweden that was the reason... but here in the United States hemp threatened the profits of the timber industry... so instead of them adapting, they decided to eliminate their competition by making all cannabis illegal (hemp & marijuana).

Covered in detail here if you're interested:
    http://www.thc-ministry.net/u...
  • abubinc... cccp~ma... 2011/09/08 15:29:17
    abubincrazy
    No.
    The reason is brewers and distillers and cops and loggers want it to be illegal.
  • JoeKnows cccp~ma... 2011/09/09 07:48:12 (edited)
    JoeKnows
    Again... you should really do some research before you make statements like that... unless you enjoy being completely ignorant and then boldly announcing the fact on random social networks.
  • Keen Tojones 2011/09/08 02:01:50
    Keen Tojones
    Absolutely hilarious. At the same time, not so funny.
  • cccp~marxist-leninst 2011/09/08 01:58:49
    cccp~marxist-leninst
    Cannabis is illegal and harmful. The it is deal on the street with gangs and it is addictive and gets you high. It is used only to get you high.
  • Angela ... cccp~ma... 2011/09/08 19:27:33
  • JoeKnows cccp~ma... 2011/09/09 07:41:33
    JoeKnows
    What planet did you say you're from?

Here on Earth cannabis is legal and tolerated in several countries...including an ever increasing number of US states - you simply need to refer to any Compassion Club network to get the stats on that.

Addictive!?! Dude, the stuff on your planet must be incredible! Again, here on planet Earth, people don't get treated for Marijuana addiction, they get treated for dependency. There is NOTHING addictive about earth grown pot.

Used only to get you high? Did you know that marijuana is widely and successfully used for several medical conditions and treatments throughout planet Earth... no really, I'm not pullin' yer leg... hell, earthlings even use its lesser counterpart - Hemp - to make rope and t-shirts.

I feel for you, man. Here on planet Earth pot is just a weed... your planet's weed sounds a lot like Crack.
  • Account Closed 2011/09/08 01:21:36
    Account Closed
    The story maybe funny to some, however, those of us who worked in a dangerous environment know potentially dangerous and life threatening this can be, in respect to my shipmate, I will leave out the name of the ship this happened on.

Date: September 26, 19?? (I know the year I was there when it happened)
    Place: Indian Ocean 6-9 Month Deployment

Job: Transferring supplies below decks to main deck using a pallet conveyor.
    Substance: Marijuana, I will not say how it was ingested.

Result: E-2 after ingesting marijuana during a ship to ship transfer of supplies via a conrep or vertrep, E-2 started conveyor to send up to the main deck supplies weight in excess of 500-1000 lbs. E-2 being under the influence did not realize that the pallet conveyor forks were in an upright position, while trying to centralize load, E-2 lost balance and fell head first in the a moving pallet conveyor, pallet conveyor caught E-2 by the collar lifting up through the narrow passage as the fork came into a lateral position, subsequently the force of the conveyor decapitated E-2, sending his head onto the main deck while leaving his body below decks. Investigation revealed Sailor had ingested marijuana causing him to be unaware of a dangerous and potentially life threatening situation.

The below pictu...

The below picture is a picture of what a package/pallet conveyor on a Navy Ship looks like. A pallet conveyor is almost 2.5 times as big.

packagepallet conveyor navy ship pallet conveyor 2 5 times Pallet conveyor onboard Ship
  • S123 Account... 2011/09/08 05:31:59
    S123
    I am very sorry to hear about what happened to your shipmate. That's why I think what happened with the brownies is only funny if nothing happend to anyone. If something like that happend, it would not be funnny at all,it would be tragic.
  • Dum Luk Account... 2011/09/08 07:05:30
    Dum Luk
    Gives new meaning to the term "buzzkill."
  • Aurora 2011/09/08 01:21:32
    Aurora
    +3
    Man if only this happened at my work...some of those miserable people need something the loosen them up....
  • volubleasteroid 2011/09/08 01:17:48
    volubleasteroid
    LOL!
  • jokeriser 2011/09/08 01:15:56
    jokeriser
    funny
  • ed 2011/09/08 00:53:17
    ed
    +1
    it's about as funny as the jokers working at sodahead
  • lynne 2011/09/08 00:50:48
    lynne
    If I were one of the coworkers -- I would be pretty mad that I had to pay for an ER visit and that I had been given drugs without consent. I realize the lady "said" she didn't know that her son made them a year ago. So...I'd REALLY be p****d if I found out she served something she had no idea how old it was or what was in 'em! Just...dang!
  • Chido 2011/09/08 00:40:43
    Chido
    It wasn't done on purpose. Nobody was hurt. Charges were not filed. To me, if someone sees it as funny, its not that bad of a stance. And if so many see it as funny, it probably is.
  • S123 2011/09/08 00:32:12
    S123
    I voted "Hilarious" but I don't think it was hilarious or horrible. I think it's a bit funny, as long as nothing happened to the coworkers but I also think it was unfortunate.
  • TheMadChameleon 2011/09/08 00:25:51
    TheMadChameleon
    Heck, I just can't believe she brought them to work. That story was FUNNY.

2014/10/23 04:02:21