Public Opinion Rules Prop 8 Unconstitutional [INFOGRAPHIC]

SodaHead Infographics 2012/02/13 16:31:53
California's controversial ban on same-sex marriage voted into effect in 2008, known as Prop 8, could soon land in the Supreme Court as smaller courts have decided the amendment might be unconstitutional. It was passed by a tight margin four years ago, and when we asked SodaHeads what they thought about the proposition's constitutionality we found that it hasn't gotten any less controversial. Political views were obviously an enormous factor, but we decided to zero in on other demographics, instead -- gender, age, location. We hope you find the results as interesting as we did! Let's dive.

prop 8

• Sherloc... FordCrews 2012/02/25 17:19:42
  • Billy the kid 2012/02/21 14:32:55
    Billy the kid
    +6
    There is absolutely nothing 'controversial' about the ban on "same-sex" marriage. 'Marriage' in its true meaning is the spiritual union of a man AND a woman for the purpose of procreation i.e. to produce a child. People of the same sex-no matter how they may argue otherwise-are unable to do this. So why make a mockery out the tradition of marriage to suit their own ends? I love my dog but I am not in the least upset that I cannot 'marry' him! In my opinion, 'marriage' between members of the same sex is equally as preposterous and ludicrous.
    man marrying his dog
  • FRED Billy t... 2012/02/22 09:04:09
    FRED
    +3
    Love is a human emotion.The right of adults to enter into consensual marriage is enshrined in human rights standards. To compare this matter to married your dog is thriving at straws, your dog is not a consenting adult. Discriminating against individuals based on their sexual orientation in the context of civil marriage rights is unjust.
  • Billy t... FRED 2012/02/22 09:15:14
    Billy the kid
    +2
    Pretentious ,non-sensical clap-trap.A 'marriage' is purely that of a union, enshrined in law, between a man and a woman-nothing else.
  • FRED Billy t... 2012/02/22 16:48:28
    FRED
    +1
    That's the point!!! it needs to change to be fair for every American tax payer.
  • Billy t... FRED 2012/02/22 19:41:05
    Billy the kid
    +2
    Paedophiles are also tax payers-as are also Fathers/Mothers who engage in incestuous relationships with their (sometimes willing) children) Should we also change the law to make it 'fair' for them as 'tax-payers'??
    No, of course, we shouldn't. Just as we should not change it to suit your morally skewed values, either.
  • FRED Billy t... 2012/02/22 20:33:42
    FRED
    +1
    I do not understand the link of your question with gay marriage, the two groups you mentioned in your post are free to get married anyway, and no I do not believe the law for them should be changed.
    F.Y.I. Rarely does a pedophile experience sexual desire for adults of either gender. They usually don't identify as homosexual-the majority identify as heterosexual, even those who abuse children of the same gender They are sexually aroused by youth, not by gender. In contrast, child molesters often exert power and control over children in an effort to dominate them. They do experience sexual desire for adults, but molest children episodically, for reasons apart from sexual desire, much as rapists enjoy power, violence and controlling their humiliated victims. Indeed, research supports that a child molester isn't any more likely to be homosexual than heterosexual.
    In fact, some research shows that for pedophiles, the gender of the child is immaterial. Accessibility is more the factor in who a pedophile abuses. This may explain the high incidence of children molested by Christian Priests and Preachers in the Church communities and fraternal organizations, where the pedophile may more easily have access to children. In these situations, an adult male is trusted by those around him, i...
    In fact, some research shows that for pedophiles, the gender of the child is immaterial. Accessibility is more the factor in who a pedophile abuses. This may explain the high incidence of children molested by Christian Priests and Preachers in the Church communities and fraternal organizations, where the pedophile may more easily have access to children. In these situations, an adult male is trusted by those around him, including children and their families. Males are often given access to boys to mentor, teach, coach and advise. Therefore, a male pedophile may have easier access to a male child. In trying to make sense of an adult male's sexually abusing a male child, many of us mislabel it as an act of homosexuality, which it isn't.
  • Somkey ... FRED 2012/02/24 10:34:38
    Somkey the Hores
    You seem to know a LOT about pedophiles...
  • Somkey ... FRED 2012/02/24 10:33:52
    Somkey the Hores
    It's NOT about being taxpayers.
  • Somkey ... FRED 2012/02/24 10:33:20
    Somkey the Hores
    WHERE is it enshrined? Be specific.
  • FRED Somkey ... 2012/02/24 17:37:38
    FRED
    Why do i know a lot? I am a human rights activist and I studied social issues, thank you for asking ;-) .......Whether or not you favor gay marriage as a social institution, there is not denying That marriage confers many rights, protections and benefits, both legal and practical. Some of them vary from state to state, but the list typical includes: tax benefits, medical benefits, consumer benefits, death benefits, estate planning benefits, gobernment benefits, employment benefits, housing benefits, family benefits and many other legal benefits and protections.
  • Shayla Billy t... 2012/02/22 09:10:44
    Shayla
    By that reasoning, straight people who are not able to have a child or simply don't want to have a child shouldn't be able to marry. Now THAT'S preposterous.
  • Billy t... Shayla 2012/02/22 09:18:03
    Billy the kid
    +2
    Not NEARLY as preposterous as Shirley and Sheila- or George and Peter becoming 'betrothed'!
  • Mike Mu... Billy t... 2012/02/22 12:53:28
  • Billy t... Mike Mu... 2012/02/22 13:15:11
    Billy the kid
    +2
    Take the trouble to look and you will see that I am actually from the UK! Of course, if people of YOUR ilk consider that I am "nutty" because I am actually in possesion of some basic common-sense then I am very happy that I am a "nut"!!
  • Somkey ... Mike Mu... 2012/02/24 10:35:09
    Somkey the Hores
    Look in the mirror for a loony.
  • D'eath Billy t... 2012/02/22 16:36:34
    D'eath
    +3
    Ray,

That is beautifully put, what you have said is a perfect description of the holy sacrament of marriage, anybody who tries to equate the vows of marriage with the laws of a civil ceremony is either a homosexual dwarf or a gay misery.

Marriage is as you have said "a spiritual union of a man and a woman for the purpose of procreation" anything else is a legal contract between two people. It is there to protect each of the parties from being excluded from the normal contracts to do with cash, and is in no other way a union.

When will homosexuals and their Liberal minders, realise that they have chosen to step outside of the normal codes of behaviour to do with marriage and therefore are not entitled to the privileges that a marriage brings to a man and a woman.

As soon as I hear the words Human Rights I hear the bleating of a lily livered liberal.
  • jdh Billy t... 2012/02/22 20:04:23
    jdh
    +2
    I agree. I have had several people use the "animals engage in homosexual behavior so it is natural" argument. But when you turn it around on them they try to wiggle out of it. If people want to be perverted that is their business. But attempting to normalize their perversions and cram it down people's throats so they will feel a little less guilty is asinine.
  • Ejayt7 2012/02/20 21:24:03 (edited)
    Ejayt7
    +3
    I am voting for marriage! There is only one definition of marriage. It is not a one, and two, and three. Two in contrast as melody and harmony is contrasting. If the two are alike, then it is not the best music. Two differnt things make a new creation. A Battery have a positive and a negative and the car starts. Positive posiive = 0 negative negative = 0 man man = 0 woman woman = 0 man woman = marriage Man     woman   Marriage gif
  • Cameryn (◠‿◠✿) 2012/02/19 21:28:00
    Cameryn (◠‿◠✿)
    I can't wait till I can vote. I'm voting to let gay marriage be legal.
  • Bureauc 0Bamao 2012/02/19 01:42:07
    Bureauc 0Bamao
    +4
    Polls and studies as we know can be made to 'prove' anything the pollster desires.
    The Vote is what counts, or at least it used to.
  • rk 2012/02/18 20:34:04
    rk
    +2
    Amazing how the Photo that I posted was removed. HUMM IT IS TRULY OFFENSIVE AS HOMOSEXUALITY IS
  • FalconFlight 2012/02/18 20:27:29
    FalconFlight
    +4
    When does the will of the Voters matter? Only when Leftist causes are supported? Newt Gingrich's discussion about openly attacking the Judiciary is Constitutional on its face, there is precedent, and is vitally necessary for a healthy so called Republic.
  • NatAlex23 FalconF... 2012/02/19 20:41:25
    NatAlex23
    +1
    Technically, in the case of rights, the will of the voters SHOULDN'T matter. Because 99% of the time the majority will not grant a right to a minority. Pure Democracy is mob rule, which is why we are set up as a Federal Republic.
  • FalconF... NatAlex23 2012/02/20 06:35:04
    FalconFlight
    +1
    So, the Legislative, Judiciary, and Executive Branch are the rulers then?
  • NatAlex23 FalconF... 2012/02/21 19:20:43
    NatAlex23
    +1
    On matters of RIGHTS they kind of are; the judiciary in particular. Here's an idea. Let's vote to amend the Constitution banning white, straight, Jewish males in Texas from owning a gun. We'll let the public vote on it. Is that seriously the way a country should be run?
  • FalconF... NatAlex23 2012/02/23 04:56:58
    FalconFlight
    And the connection is based on what societal model?
  • scbluesman13 2012/02/17 23:14:33
    scbluesman13
    +2
    Wow, so 8% of gays and lesbians think prop 8 is constitutional? Talk about stockholm syndrome...
  • FalconF... scblues... 2012/02/18 20:29:54
    FalconFlight
    +1
    A real Citizen of a real Republic has enough knowledge and ethics to have a personal opinion and their Constitutional opinion. Otherwise, it is rule by the Rabble now itinit?
  • Redneck scblues... 2012/02/21 05:09:22
    Redneck
    Not all gay people want the publicity and attention, and some just don't have the desire or feel the need to be able to get married.
  • scblues... Redneck 2012/02/21 18:11:16
    scbluesman13
    It's got nothing to do with publicity and attention. It has to do with not being treated like a second class citizen in this country. You'd think everyone would want that.
  • Redneck scblues... 2012/02/22 01:17:45
    Redneck
    +1
    no one is treating them like second class citizens, there are simply boundries that have been set since forever. They have every right that anyone else has, but there are a few privilages that are reserved for particular purposes.
  • jdh scblues... 2012/02/22 20:10:15
    jdh
    +1
    I have been a chaplain in jails and I have had a few murderers, pedophiles, rapists, etc acknowledge they should not be allowed to continue those behavoirs by their government but most justify their behavoir and feel mistreated. It is the nature of the beast. People who want to marry animals, children and immediatte family members will be next to shout for their rights.
  • scblues... jdh 2012/02/22 22:36:13
    scbluesman13
    Nice try on that argument, but gays and lesbians getting married is not even remotely akin to people marrying animals, committing crimes, or leading lives outside the law.
  • jdh scblues... 2012/02/23 05:24:34
    jdh
    What is wrong with immediate family members getting married? What is wrong with people marrying animals?
  • scblues... jdh 2012/02/23 20:32:28
    scbluesman13
    If inter-species dating is your thing, vaya con dios...
  • Xinea 2012/02/17 03:13:51
    Xinea
    +4
    This is getting kind of annoying. Fact is, gay marriage will probably win out. Once the present younger generation become legal voters, their votes are going to make a bigger difference than simply being a stat on sodahead, and you've already seen what most of us feel about gay marriage. Complain. Insult us. See if that sways us.
  • jdh Xinea 2012/02/22 20:12:25
    jdh
    I won't insult you. I truly feel sorry for you. You have been indoctrinated by television to think that the radical moral shift in this country is positive and liberating. Monkey see, monkey do.
  • Xinea jdh 2012/02/23 01:43:50
    Xinea
    For decades television has held a strong position supporting the ideal family - heterosexual parents, 2.5 kids, etc. Just because it's changing in the last decade, you'll turn against it?And I was supporting gays before I even heard it mentioned on television. No, it's not television that's at "fault." Just an ancient idea of equal rights that is slowly gaining strength. Thank you for your concern, but patronizing me is also an equivalent of insulting me.
  • Cra*Christopher*fty 2012/02/17 00:21:46 (edited)
    Cra*Christopher*fty
    +4
    Organized religion will always be used as a tool to dictate the lives of those who don't subscribe to them just because the majority believes they are the only beings that matter. The systems will continue to be defended by those who benefit the most from them, and from those who desperately want to fit into it. But I respect those who refuse to take the path of least resistance, cuz that is the only respectable thing to do.

A lot of people say they hold no contempt or hatred for LGBT people, but by the way some of them fight and claw, how emotionally invested they are into this whole situation, I find it difficult to believe them. You can feel the passion radiating off them as they quote their bible verses, and throw the words "abomination" and "sin" around like daggers. Do you feel fuzzy at night knowing you tried your hardest to stop a same-sex couple from marrying? is God going to instantly recognize you at the pearly gates because of your work against the Gays with their dreaded chaps and tassels? lmao. how pathetic.

2014/10/30 12:57:30