Public Opinion Rules Prop 8 Unconstitutional [INFOGRAPHIC]

SodaHead Infographics 2012/02/13 16:31:53
California's controversial ban on same-sex marriage voted into effect in 2008, known as Prop 8, could soon land in the Supreme Court as smaller courts have decided the amendment might be unconstitutional. It was passed by a tight margin four years ago, and when we asked SodaHeads what they thought about the proposition's constitutionality we found that it hasn't gotten any less controversial. Political views were obviously an enormous factor, but we decided to zero in on other demographics, instead -- gender, age, location. We hope you find the results as interesting as we did! Let's dive.

prop 8

• AnonRanGER That1Guy 2012/02/29 07:03:40
    AnonRanGER
    What? I'm not following.
  • That1Guy Ejayt7 2012/02/28 23:15:11
    That1Guy
    +1
    That is what I have been saying.
  • Somkey the Hores 2012/02/24 10:30:09
    Somkey the Hores
    Public opinion is WRONG.
  • Aes Sedai Somkey ... 2012/02/26 20:52:09
    Aes Sedai
    +1
    opinions can't be wrong, my friend.
  • Somkey ... Aes Sedai 2012/02/28 02:48:40 (edited)
    Somkey the Hores
    Keep believing that, child.
  • Aes Sedai Somkey ... 2012/02/28 20:08:08
    Aes Sedai
    +1
    lol all right buddy.
  • Teri- Oregon 2012/02/24 01:28:24
    Teri- Oregon
    +1
    it is unconstitutional

check this link it's not just an opinion it's a fact!

http://www.usconstitution.net...
  • David 2012/02/22 21:54:05
  • Ejayt7 David 2012/02/23 04:24:55
    Ejayt7
    Penis and wrong hole = mess!
  • jdh 2012/02/22 20:32:33
    jdh
    +5
    For all the people slamming Christians and claiming this is organized religion attacking the poor gay community, that is absolute nonsense. If you really believe that then please give us your opinion on bestiality and incest. Is it organized religion that makes us believe those are wrong? Could biology, science, psychiatry and the history of family counseling have anything to do with people's conclusions that we should not normalize perversions of any kind? Animals live by pure instinct whereas humans live by reasoning and intelligence. I am more and more convinced that the reason people want to believe we are just animals is because they desire to behave like them. If that is the case leave the civilized institution of marriage alone and be the animals that you are. My dog has never asked to marry grandmas leg, though he has shown great interest in it.
  • Ejayt7 jdh 2012/02/22 21:45:50
    Ejayt7
    +4
    Well stated, Amen! Well stated gif Amen gif
  • FRED Ejayt7 2012/02/23 20:23:27 (edited)
    FRED
    +1
    Amen???...... Bestiality and incest are wrong acts in any community including the gay community, homosexuality is not a prevention(your bible may said other wise and is wrong) is a sexual orientation, gays are part of American families like yours, they are children, siblings, uncles, etc why do we want to discriminate our own? I believe is more about your religion beliefs, two gay men or two lesbians getting married infringes on no ones rights, it has no effect on anyone. Going against gay marriage, shows me that Christians like you are selfish and expect everyone to follow Your beliefs.
    Which makes me wonder if you guys pro-life stance is really as selfless as they try to make it out to be. We are talking about two consenting adults together for reasons of love and commitment.
    How can so many Christians be so selfish, yet follow one of the most loving and accepting religious figures throughout History - Jesus?
  • Ejayt7 FRED 2012/02/23 20:47:50 (edited)
    Ejayt7
    +2
    I beg your pardon, Jesus did not and do not endorse homosexual life style. How can you said things you are stating? Because you are yet in your sins. Homosexuality is in the same catagory as bestiality, incest, rape adultery, and fornication. You are the selfish one. You are the selfish and foolish one  gif You are the selfish and  one  gif
  • FRED Ejayt7 2012/02/23 21:21:15 (edited)
    FRED
    "bestiality, incest, rape adultery, and fornication. " which category are you guilty of? Do no judge, or you too will be judged. Matthew 7:1, why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your eye?
  • Ejayt7 FRED 2012/02/24 02:24:21
    Ejayt7
    +2
    Have your mess!
  • Sherloc... Ejayt7 2012/02/25 17:14:26
  • AnonRanGER Sherloc... 2012/02/29 07:07:11
    AnonRanGER
    Jesus Christ, Why The F*** Do You Capitalize Every Single Word? It Makes You Look Like A Retard.
  • Sherloc... AnonRanGER 2012/02/29 16:20:42
  • The Alb... Ejayt7 2012/02/24 04:24:31
    The Albertan
    +1
    oh well then since all sins are viewed as equal then i suppose you also shouldn't be wearing clothing made of two different fabrics or perhaps you should stone your wife because she burnt your food. or how about we stone your neighbor johnny because he decided to go to work on the Sabbath. you see people pick and choose what they want to believe from the bible. The bible is not and should not be taken as literal fact.
  • Ejayt7 The Alb... 2012/02/25 00:56:55
    Ejayt7
    +1
    Some laws were abolished after Jesus died on the cross... funny thing that you mentioned the mixing of fabrics... the lesson of that is ye cannot mix things that cannot be mixed when God says no. I am a Sabbath keeper, and it is on Saturday by the way. You know and read the Bible that much then ye need to accept the truth about the big issues, such as the Sabbath. Homosexuality breaks the seventh commandments... but of course ye know this but you are haveing trouble accepting it.
  • The Alb... Ejayt7 2012/02/25 04:02:21
    The Albertan
    +2
    so a book from 2000 years ago with laws from that time is still applicable now?
  • Ejayt7 The Alb... 2012/02/26 01:03:14 (edited)
    Ejayt7
    +1
    Yes, it is older than our Consitution which is man-made.
  • The Alb... Ejayt7 2012/02/27 04:42:52
    The Albertan
    k then. you're constiution btw.. i'm Canadian.
  • AnonRanGER Ejayt7 2012/02/29 07:08:32
    AnonRanGER
    Yeah, you just have to CHERRY-PICK the LAWS OF GOD that you want to follow and the ones you don't, right?
  • That1Guy FRED 2012/02/29 05:10:51 (edited)
    That1Guy
    +2
    1. Just because the gay community might reject things like bestiality and incest doesn't make them right, it makes them hypocrites.
    2. Sexual orientation describes an enduring pattern of attraction—emotional, romantic, sexual, or some combination of these. Which means that both incest and bestiality are both sexual orientations, wrong sexual orientations, but sexual orientations none the less. So homosexuality being a sexual orientation makes it no less a perversion.
    3. Gays having blood related families not only makes it no less wrong, but more wrong because it can ruin peoples relationships, and dignity. (If you are wondering how ask)
    4. There is no need for gay's right to civil marriage because the reasons for ordinary civil marriages are: known or at least presumed paternity (which can't be in a gay marriage), procreation (which gays don't need marriage for), Child support (which again can't be in a gay marriage), and Survivor's rights (which once again gays don't need marriage for, since one can write a will). So gay marriage by law is completely unnecessary and religious marriage is ultimately up to the church.
    5. To talk badly about christianity because we oppose same sex marriage is unto its self idiotic because we are one of many religions who do so. Nearly all religions ...

5. To talk badly about christianity because we oppose same sex marriage is unto its self idiotic because we are one of many religions who do so. Nearly all religions in fact oppose homosexuality.
    6. If you are for choice in abortion then why aren't you trying to make prostitution, heroine, meth, cocaine, ecstacy, alcohol, tobacco, marijuana, and suicide legal at all ages? After all it's a persons body and choice right.
    7. We are talking about adults, yet gays have more sex, and origies than many people watch porn, and are nearly always talking in gay voices trying to seduce other gay and have more sex, which is not mature.
    8. Christians follow Jesus and go by a moral code in order to be good people and follow chivalry, I'll respect and talk kindly to any person I meet regardless of who they are, whether I don't like them, or what kind of person they are, including those of other races and religions, and do so because it is the right thing to do, because it is what our lord commanded us to with the ten commandments, and because it is in our bible. What do athiests do to make the world a better place?
  • FRED That1Guy 2012/02/29 16:56:32
    FRED
    Atheists use intelligence to make the world a better place, we don't expect a god to solve the world's problems. We Look to science, technology and humanity for help. These items were repressed in the Dark Ages by religious leaders who feared losing power over their ignorant followers.
    I'am a good person, no because I fear the wrath of god but because I want to help.I am kind to all living things because I respect life and capable of making good choices on my own.
    You are right not just Christians but most religions are the roots of racial and sexual prejudices. Remember the history of religions is bloody, cruel and repressive, no matter how much they claim to be based on love.
    There is no evidence of a benevolent creator. There is much cruelty on earth, from a cat toying with a mouse, to snakes slowly squeezing the life out of their prey, to children born with terrible handicaps. To say that this is "all God's plan" seems like a pretty poor excuse.
    To say that Satan is the cause of the world's ills makes no particular sense. If God is all powerful and all merciful, he would have rid the earth of Satan a long time ago, rather than let millions of innocents suffer.
    Life on earth demonstrates survival of the fittest, strongest or most intelligent - all traits developed through natura...
    Life on earth demonstrates survival of the fittest, strongest or most intelligent - all traits developed through natural selection. Random acts of cruelty are part of this system.
    If god is as merciful as some religions would like you to believe, then he'll forgive those who think logically. If he is as vengeful and unforgiving as other religions claim, then who would want to live with a tyrant like that?
  • jdh FRED 2012/03/22 17:11:54
    jdh
    Bestiality and incest are not considered wrong in the community of people who participate in such things. Homosexuality used to be considered wrong in every community. Your argument does not hold water and you know that.

Jesus accepts and loves everyone but with His love and acceptance He offers the grace to be born again and to be changed by his love and power. Those who do not take that gift remain lost and children of darkness and sin.

Yes we have all sinned and come short of God's glory and I have sinned greatly and still have to resist sin. I have come to Jesus and He has changed me into a new person and is giving me power to overcome sin. He will do the same for anyone. Saying homosexuality is sin is no more "judging people" than saying incest is sin. We are not judging people we are judging behavoir. Judging others is putting them down and exalting yourself. My message to homosexuals is that their behavoir is perverted becasue they were born in sin as I was. They need to be born again as I do. We are all in the same boat and Jesus came to rescue us and take us out of the boat of sin. He came to destroy the works and accomplishments of the devil and I believe the manipulation of genes and perverstion of human sexuality is a major part of that.

To say a person was born messed up is exactly what the Bible teaches. There is a way out.
  • FRED jdh 2012/03/24 07:13:31
    FRED
    Flash news!! Your value (marriage)was change long time ago with divorce.
    Is not place to educate you but you have your facts wrong, I am Atheist however most gays I know are good people and devoted Christians including my uncle and my brother; but the fact is that all religious leaders deceive their unsuspecting flock brainwashing and poisoning their brains and/or some people want to be told untruths; they are too lazy to work hard so it is preferable to wait for miracles. Even Jesus decried such an attitude.
    Do we seriously want a return to the discriminatory practices between slaves and freeborn? Do we wish to return to the Dark Ages (not that we have moved so far away) when everything strange was considered a threat? When those who said anything contrary to the diviner's 'message' was killed? When rich men had to be buried with heads of innocent victims? When women were nothing more than pleasure goods for men? When every wound or illhealth could only be explained as an attack by stronger forces? When people lorded it over others just because they could inspire fear with their magic? When it would have been an abomination for someone to write(?) or say something against a people's god?
  • FRED jdh 2012/02/23 20:23:12
    FRED
    +1
    Bestiality and incest are wrong acts in any community including the gay community, homosexuality is not a prevention(your bible may said other wise and is wrong) is a sexual orientation, gays are part of American families like yours, they are children, siblings, uncles, etc why do we want to discriminate our own? I believe is more about your religion beliefs, two gay men or two lesbians getting married infringes on no ones rights, it has no effect on anyone. Going against gay marriage, shows me that Christians like you are selfish and expect everyone to follow Your beliefs.
    Which makes me wonder if you guys pro-life stance is really as selfless as they try to make it out to be. We are talking about two consenting adults together for reasons of love and commitment, no dogs nor legs; what pleasure do you get out of mucking and hurting other people feelings?
  • That1Guy FRED 2012/03/24 05:17:32 (edited)
    That1Guy
    I will conclude, and clinch all my points with this one comment:
    You say how bestiality and incest are perversions and since the gay community reject them and is a sexual orientation it is not a perversion. Well bestiality and incest are both sexual orientations which is defined as such; Sexual orientation describes an enduring pattern of attraction—emotional, romantic, sexual, or some combination of these, so this invalidates your argument that since homosexuality is a sexual orientation it is not a perversion because incest and bestiality are both perversions and sexual orientations. You also said that gays are part of American families, and that this justifies their actions, yet Charlie Manson had a family too, as with Hitler, but more importantly people who commit incest ( which wouldn't be possible without families ) however these people having families does not justify their acts, at least not in my christian view. You say how it doesn't infringe anyone's rights, which is true, but neither does bestiality or incest. It does however have an effect on other people, like children for example, and how it does this is when gays are acting inappropriately in public ( I will have a picture in a reply to myself ) and impose their position, orientation, and beliefs on people like ...
    You say how bestiality and incest are perversions and since the gay community reject them and is a sexual orientation it is not a perversion. Well bestiality and incest are both sexual orientations which is defined as such; Sexual orientation describes an enduring pattern of attraction—emotional, romantic, sexual, or some combination of these, so this invalidates your argument that since homosexuality is a sexual orientation it is not a perversion because incest and bestiality are both perversions and sexual orientations. You also said that gays are part of American families, and that this justifies their actions, yet Charlie Manson had a family too, as with Hitler, but more importantly people who commit incest ( which wouldn't be possible without families ) however these people having families does not justify their acts, at least not in my christian view. You say how it doesn't infringe anyone's rights, which is true, but neither does bestiality or incest. It does however have an effect on other people, like children for example, and how it does this is when gays are acting inappropriately in public ( I will have a picture in a reply to myself ) and impose their position, orientation, and beliefs on people like children who are influenced by everything from gang violence to drugs to ads. You single out Christians and Christians only for opposing gay marriage, yet you have no idea what religion people on here are ( save for me since I told you I am christian earlier ) and you only criticize Christians for this when most religions oppose this, but I will give my side to this judgement, I and most Christians don't expect gays to be straight or do as we do, I do however would want them to leave my institutions and practices alone, like marriage, and baptism, I wouldn't appreciate it if someone told me I can't use water in baptism anymore and had to use Gatorade to support the economy, it is my practices, beliefs and religion so don't try to change them. I am not the most generous person in the world, but to give people the choice to kill their child for the sake of the freedom to do what one wants with their bodies isn't exactly selfish since we have laws in place against prostitution, and drugs to protect people who would do these, and it is known that abortion has a negative effect on peoples bodies. Gays are adults, but are not always mature ( same goes for anyone, I will demonstrate this in a reply to myself ) and should be able to have love and commitment without marriage ( like how straight people do) and shouldn't go screwing with other people's practices ( marriage ). I get no pleasure in mocking and hurting other people's feelings, and it shouldn't hurt gay's feelings if I don't want them to change things that I value ( marriage ). Not all Christians are selfish, and not all Christians are loving and accepting, but true Christians try to be like Jesus and be loving and accepting, but not all things should just be accepted ( war, murder, violence, lust, rape, perversion, greed, gluttony, suicide, exesive laziness, arrogance, and envy ) and such things should not be loved either.
  • That1Guy That1Guy 2012/03/24 05:24:05 (edited)
    That1Guy
    The example I was talking about:
    Gays
    Straight people can also be inappropriate ( we Christians call this behavior lust )
  • S123 jdh 2012/02/23 22:30:51
    S123
    +1
    Who said the people are just animals?
  • Somkey ... S123 2012/02/24 10:32:30
    Somkey the Hores
    +1
    Liberals.
  • S123 Somkey ... 2012/02/24 23:24:57
    S123
    Which liberals are you referring to?
  • Somkey ... S123 2012/02/25 00:21:08
    Somkey the Hores
    Duh. The ones who say people are just animals. Look 'em up.
  • S123 Somkey ... 2012/02/25 02:20:09
    S123
    I don't think most of them say that.
  • Somkey ... S123 2012/02/25 06:01:11
    Somkey the Hores
    Don't think what you want.
  • Sherloc... Somkey ... 2012/02/25 17:17:38
  • Kibbles jdh 2012/02/26 10:55:00
    Kibbles
    Actually sir, I don't need god to tell me whats wrong I need my conscience, what I look to god for is strength not restraint. I do not attack the christian faith but when you try and dictate whats wrong in others lives and what they're sinners for, if who they love harms no one then who are you or I to tell them how to live.
  • FordCrews 2012/02/22 14:34:13
    FordCrews
    +3
    Shows that the liberal plan to have an uneducated population started in the mid 60's is working perfectly. Sad for freedom and our kids, but I guess evil always beats out over good. Hail Obama.

2014/10/20 23:07:55