Public Opinion Rules Prop 8 Unconstitutional [INFOGRAPHIC]

SodaHead Infographics 2012/02/13 16:31:53
California's controversial ban on same-sex marriage voted into effect in 2008, known as Prop 8, could soon land in the Supreme Court as smaller courts have decided the amendment might be unconstitutional. It was passed by a tight margin four years ago, and when we asked SodaHeads what they thought about the proposition's constitutionality we found that it hasn't gotten any less controversial. Political views were obviously an enormous factor, but we decided to zero in on other demographics, instead -- gender, age, location. We hope you find the results as interesting as we did! Let's dive.

prop 8

• AnonRanGER That1Guy 2012/02/28 23:01:49
  • That1Guy AnonRanGER 2012/02/28 23:06:58 (edited)
    That1Guy
    +1
    Alright, now that we're on the same page. I don't care if they get married or not, I don't see why it matters whether it's on paper.
  • AnonRanGER That1Guy 2012/02/28 23:27:20
    AnonRanGER
    Well, it matters to them - equal rights and all that.
  • Super l... That1Guy 2012/04/21 17:23:53
  • Daryl Lee The... 2012/02/27 11:02:49
    Daryl
    +1
    I am not trying to play 'gotcha'.

I am showing you that you changed the definition of marriage and you excluded people.
  • Lee The... Daryl 2012/02/28 00:06:44
    Lee The Hybrid Snowflake
    I saw what you did there, it was a broad statement I made but I think you know what I meant! Even though I think it's gross and wrong the reason that fathers and daughters can not get married "legally" is because of the offspring they produce and not because Christians said it was a sin.
  • Daryl Lee The... 2012/02/28 12:34:56
    Daryl
    +2
    1. Actually no single marriage between father and daughter creates birth defects only prolonged in-breeding after generations.

2. We do not restrict marriage based on birth defects as dwarfs, people with sickle cell anemia, mothers likely to give birth to children with Down Syndrome and all other birth defects are not limited on marriage.

3. There is no group with higher mortality base on lifestyle than homosexual men.

4. If we make laws because we find them 'gross' then wouldn't homosexuality be first on the list as many Americans find it repulsive?

Every major religion finds homosexuality to be a sin:

Islam
    Judaism
    Christianity
    Hindus
    Sikhs
    Buddhists

Why do we change the definition of marriage just for homosexuals and not for polygamists and practitioners of incest?
  • That1Guy Daryl 2012/02/28 23:13:49
    That1Guy
    +1
    3. through my observations is mostly incorrect, because (and this doesn't apply to all of them just the ones I've seen) all they think about is sex, virtually nothing else, that's why they talk how they do. The ones who don't talk like that, are the ones I'm not talking about.Theoreticly
  • Lee The... Daryl 2012/02/29 01:09:54
    Lee The Hybrid Snowflake
    +1
    Polygamists don't bother me either, if a woman is silly enough to share her man than who am I to say it's wrong?
  • That1Guy Lee The... 2012/02/29 04:08:53
    That1Guy
    +2
    Well you have to admit that there's more to life than just sex, it is, in my opinion, one of the lesser pleasures in life. If you had to choose between a life without sex and a life without music, art, or literature which would it be?
  • Lee The... That1Guy 2012/02/29 13:17:20
    Lee The Hybrid Snowflake
    I'd have to agree with you there. =)
  • Daryl Lee The... 2012/02/29 11:48:47
    Daryl
    +1
    But why do the homosexual rights activists exclude polygamists?

If the defend marriage people are bigots for excluding gays are homosexual activists bigots for excluding polygamists?
  • Lee The... Daryl 2012/02/29 13:23:53
    Lee The Hybrid Snowflake
    If that's true then they are! The way I feel is it could make you gag if you see two men kissing or a man walking with his six wives but if we stop people from living the way they wish where will it stop? To me you are born gay, it's not a choice. I have a friend that at nearly 40 years old is just finally coming out as gay, why, because it's not easy to be different but he can't change it. It is what it is.
  • Daryl Lee The... 2012/02/29 13:32:21
    Daryl
    +1
    I think poorly of both unions but I consider it none of my business.

I stay out of the personal lives of other adults unless they ask for my help.

The world is a better place when one man marries one woman but I don't run the world.
  • Lee The... Daryl 2012/02/29 13:33:40
    Lee The Hybrid Snowflake
    LOL It's not a perfect world Art, but I always wonder when it will be us on the chopping block if we allow them to tell others what to do.
  • Daryl Lee The... 2012/02/29 13:47:02
    Daryl
    +1
    We allow other people to tell us what to do all the time.

They are called laws.

The debate is to where we draw the line.
  • Lee The... Daryl 2012/02/29 14:41:34
    Lee The Hybrid Snowflake
    Laws are great and necessary to protect us but I don't see how a law against gays being married is necessary, I feel no threat. We could have the equality discussion but nothing is equal anymore we have special groups, special laws and that should all be tossed too.
  • Daryl Lee The... 2012/02/29 15:16:47
    Daryl
    +1
    There is no law against gays. This is a trick used by the activists.

There is a definition of marriage. It is centuries old and exists in almost every country with the same rules. These rules apply equally to everyone so there is not denial of rights.

The activists want to change the definition to include some types of unions and exclude others.

Laws protect us from the collapse of civilization. If you don't think tinkering with marriage affects civilization I would encourage you to visit countries where marriage no longer matters.
  • Super l... Lee The... 2012/04/21 17:20:03
  • Scream Daryl 2012/04/13 09:28:00
    Scream
    Yes.
  • Ejayt7 Lee The... 2012/02/25 00:45:47 (edited)
    Ejayt7
    +2
    Yes, who said gay men and women cannot married straight men and straight women, such shall have problems of the flesh I spared ye! Marriage is defined by God, not man. Boy, when will this new generation degenerates get it together? The Bible still rules. The Constitution shall be based on natural laws. Nature teaches you that somethings are not natural and are not equal. Natural things cannot be denied!
  • Lee The... Ejayt7 2012/02/25 01:35:31
    Lee The Hybrid Snowflake
    +1
    If it's defined by God then why is the government allowed to tell people whether or not they can get married?
  • Ejayt7 Lee The... 2012/02/25 01:44:27
    Ejayt7
    +1
    We do not have the perfect Government that comes after when Jesus sets up His kingdom on the earth.
  • Lee The... Ejayt7 2012/02/25 01:46:17
    Lee The Hybrid Snowflake
    The way people behave here I doubt he'll ever come back.
  • Ejayt7 Lee The... 2012/02/25 01:50:54 (edited)
    Ejayt7
    +1
    Oh, He is most differently coming and the "gay" question of marriage is one of the signs. We are living in a wicked generation that trys to endorse evil things and call it the pursuit of happiness. There is no happiness in destructive ways of lives.
  • Lee The... Ejayt7 2012/02/25 01:55:44
    Lee The Hybrid Snowflake
    +1
    How is being gay evil, they're not evil, that's why they're called "gay". =)
  • Ejayt7 Lee The... 2012/02/25 03:34:19 (edited)
    Ejayt7
    +1
    From whom are they called "gay"? By themselves, they are called gay. Gay life-style is a sin, because God says it's so. Common law marriages are a sin. Man says "shacking-up or living together. God calls it fornication or whoredom. Man does not and cannot make his own way. God tells man how it is and it's not the other way around the fact. Natural Laws were put in motion before man was created. To push evil things forward in laws and do not want to submit to God' authority are just plain foolish. There are no blessings or grace in something God distinquish sin. The mere question is devilish. it is devish  gif
  • Lee The... Ejayt7 2012/02/25 05:16:48
    Lee The Hybrid Snowflake
    I am not gay and I'm married so I don't live in sin but I do not believe in forcing my beliefs on others and I don't think the government should make laws based on what the bible says.
  • seantom... Ejayt7 2012/02/25 09:51:18
    seantom1983
    +4
    Romans 3:23 "For ALL have sinned and come short of the glory of God" Everyone sins everyday, so by you way of thinking no one should have rights, because we are all sinners. Luke 6:37 "Do not judge and you will not be judged. Do not condemn and you will not be condemned. Forgive and you will be forgiven." Of course most homophobic people tend to forget about that part of the Bible. I am an Atheist that actually knows the Bible very well, so I'm Christians worst nightmare.
  • Sherloc... seantom... 2012/02/25 17:06:43
  • Ejayt7 seantom... 2012/02/25 17:54:37 (edited)
    Ejayt7
    "I am an Atheist that actually knows the Bible very well", AND so, ye are "christians worst nightmare". In first of all, why do ye quote something that ye do not want to accept the ultimate lesson of the Bible, God is real and "a FOOL has said in his heart there is no GOD." An Atheist quoting the Bible and using scriptures to uphold the ".gay" lifestyle, Boy, if that isn't a Catch 22, What is one! Prove God exist by the Bible and post your scriptures. Ye are having neurons and neuro-transmitters problems. My, my, ye are confused and really blind and cannot see yourself or others. I quess, ye will prove God does exist
    someday. Ye are blind
  • AnonRanGER Ejayt7 2012/02/27 10:19:54
    AnonRanGER
    +1
    "Gay life-style is a sin, because God says it's so."

No, because the MEN who wrote the bible say it's so.

You sicken me, calling people "evil" while trying to suppress them because they aren't like YOU and your ancient fairy tale collection want them to be.
  • That1Guy Lee The... 2012/02/28 23:16:18
    That1Guy
    +1
    It's an abomination not evil but still an abomination.
  • AnonRanGER That1Guy 2012/02/29 07:02:41
    AnonRanGER
    In your bigoted world maybe. Because an ancient book written by homophobic morons like yourself tells you your loving God hates fags.
    Religion is the abomination here, really, giving simple-minded people ever more reasons to HATE people.
  • Kibbles Lee The... 2012/02/26 10:51:40
    Kibbles
    +2
    Lee don't bother there's too much fear of change, and I agree with funny how a loving savior would come back to such cruel people.
  • Ejayt7 Kibbles 2012/02/27 01:18:44 (edited)
    Ejayt7
    +1
    That same lovely God destroyed Sodom and Gormohra for simipler reasons!
  • Somkey ... Ejayt7 2012/02/28 02:50:18
    Somkey the Hores
    +1
    Do you have any idea what those reasons actually were?
  • Ejayt7 Somkey ... 2012/02/28 16:25:02
    Ejayt7
    Yes, I do .
  • AnonRanGER Ejayt7 2012/02/27 10:15:07
    AnonRanGER
    "Marriage is defined by God"

Where?

"The Bible still rules."

Good thing it only rules YOU.

"The Constitution shall be based on natural laws. Nature teaches you that somethings are not natural and are not equal."

Okay, no more unnatural medical treatment for any Christians anymore then. Deal.

"Nature teaches you that somethings are not natural and are not equal."

"Homosexual behavior in animals refers to the documented evidence of homosexual and bisexual behavior in various (non-human) species. Such behaviors include sex, courtship, affection, pair bonding, and parenting among same sex animals. A 1999 review by researcher Bruce Bagemihl shows that homosexual behavior has been observed in close to 1,500 species, ranging from primates to gut worms, and is well documented for 500 of them."

"Natural things cannot be denied!"

Then stop doing it.
  • That1Guy AnonRanGER 2012/02/29 04:15:50
    That1Guy
    According to that logic no one exept for native americans can use rubber, corn, buffalo/bison meat, showers, soap, and are the only ones allowed to care for their teeth.

2014/11/23 04:48:01