Public Opinion Rules Prop 8 Unconstitutional [INFOGRAPHIC]

SodaHead Infographics 2012/02/13 16:31:53
California's controversial ban on same-sex marriage voted into effect in 2008, known as Prop 8, could soon land in the Supreme Court as smaller courts have decided the amendment might be unconstitutional. It was passed by a tight margin four years ago, and when we asked SodaHeads what they thought about the proposition's constitutionality we found that it hasn't gotten any less controversial. Political views were obviously an enormous factor, but we decided to zero in on other demographics, instead -- gender, age, location. We hope you find the results as interesting as we did! Let's dive.

prop 8

• That1Guy That1Guy 2012/02/26 22:34:46
    That1Guy
    +1
    and with that I'm leaving this discusion.
  • Super l... Kibbles 2012/04/21 17:24:53
  • Kibbles Super l... 2012/04/21 17:29:03
    Kibbles
    You see I believe the bible can be rewritten, it should be apparent to most people that many a person could make "adjustments". I may have read the book but that doesn't believe all of it is right. I believe it it wrong in some hateful aspects.
  • Super l... Kibbles 2012/04/21 17:43:43
  • Kibbles Super l... 2012/04/21 18:41:55 (edited)
    Kibbles
    I'm sorry I simply could not get past the second paragraph, it seems the pique of naivete to imagine the lord sent you the book and every other copy in existence and make it unchangeable. The hatred and intolerance spouted in the good book comes from man, that is my belief.
  • Lee The... That1Guy 2012/02/26 15:27:46
    Lee The Hybrid Snowflake
    +1
    Live and let live.
  • That1Guy Lee The... 2012/02/26 22:33:12
    That1Guy
    +1
    Okay I'll live here where and they can live elsewhere.
  • Lee The... That1Guy 2012/02/27 00:52:53
    Lee The Hybrid Snowflake
    OK =)
  • That1Guy Lee The... 2012/02/27 01:05:21
    That1Guy
    Or maybe I'll move, It doesn't matter.
  • AnonRanGER That1Guy 2012/02/27 09:57:22 (edited)
    AnonRanGER
    Angry comment removed...
  • That1Guy AnonRanGER 2012/02/28 22:23:06
  • Aes Sedai That1Guy 2012/02/26 20:53:46
    Aes Sedai
    +1
    How do you know what god intended?
  • That1Guy Aes Sedai 2012/02/26 22:32:11 (edited)
    That1Guy
    +1
    I look between my legs and I know how to make children. Secondly do you think god intended men to have children with other men or their daughters? If so then why are the offspring of incest usually mentally challenged and why is it impossible for two men to have children?
  • Aes Sedai That1Guy 2012/02/26 23:18:11
    Aes Sedai
    +1
    You're assuming that god's master sexuality requires procreation and that he damns all others because of the lack thereof.
  • That1Guy Aes Sedai 2012/02/27 01:04:28
    That1Guy
    +1
    No but some thing just are not natural and were not meant to be.
  • AnonRanGER That1Guy 2012/02/27 10:10:51
    AnonRanGER
    You mean like modern medicine? People with such a high life expectancy are not natural.
    Hm. Maybe we should put up some sort of camps for "unnatural" people like gays, mentally challenged and left-handed people, people living in celibacy (like priests and monks, for example), gingers etc.
    What do you think? Great idea, eh?
  • That1Guy AnonRanGER 2012/02/28 22:32:28
    That1Guy
    +1
    Nope gingers don't choose neither do mentally challenged and left-handed people. Gays however do no matter how hard they try to convince you that its not a choice. If it wasn't a choice then it'd be genetic, like red hair, mental diseases, and hand dominance, and it'd be a recessive gene since it is uncommon. However as you should know two gays can't have children with each other so the only way it could have possibly been involuntary is actually not possible. Concluding, they chose and can choose not to be gay.
  • AnonRanGER That1Guy 2012/02/28 23:01:02
    AnonRanGER
    "Gays however do no matter how hard they try to convince you that its not a choice."

What, because you say so? Did you choose to be heterosexual?
  • That1Guy AnonRanGER 2012/02/28 23:05:34
    That1Guy
    +1
    Yes as a matter of fact I did.
  • AnonRanGER That1Guy 2012/02/28 23:26:28
    AnonRanGER
    What? When? You just thought about it and went "I think I'm gonna go with straight.", et voila?
  • That1Guy AnonRanGER 2012/02/29 05:21:36
    That1Guy
    Yes I looked at a girl's ass when I was about 9 years old and thought "I like that, that girl is good looking." are you telling me that someone forced your sexual orientation on you? How is it even possible to force someone to like a certain thing?
  • AnonRanGER That1Guy 2012/02/29 06:49:31
    AnonRanGER
    Right. And then you "chose" to grow chest hair and let your balls drop. What would you have said if you looked at a GUY'S ass and thought "I like that, that guy is good looking."?

"How is it even possible to force someone to like a certain thing?"
    Ask the many gays who have been forced to "like" people of the opposite sex by people like YOU who think homosexuality is a choice and EVIL.
  • That1Guy AnonRanGER 2012/02/29 06:52:58
    That1Guy
    If you are gay then you do not like people of the opposite sex unless they're not actually gay and I can do nothing about that I can however oppose their marriages.
  • AnonRanGER That1Guy 2012/02/29 06:58:29
    AnonRanGER
    "If you are gay then you do not like people of the opposite sex"
    Yet heterosexuals have tried to force countless homosexuals to do that so they are "normal", more often than not because otherwise, they'd be killed.

Why would you even WANT to oppose their marriages?
  • That1Guy AnonRanGER 2012/02/29 22:19:54
    That1Guy
    It's a waste of time, energy, and money. Why do they want to get married?
  • That1Guy AnonRanGER 2012/02/29 06:55:19
    That1Guy
    Read my reply to FRED it'll explain everything, and do me a favor read his too.
  • AnonRanGER That1Guy 2012/02/29 07:46:21 (edited)
  • That1Guy AnonRanGER 2012/02/29 22:36:47 (edited)
    That1Guy
    1. I however do not.
    2. I have some psychological evidence, many gays were abused in some way in their early lives and it lead to their homosexuality, as with obsessive compulsive disorder, and schizophrenia.
    3. I am not a religious nut job I rarely go to church but I do however know what is appropriate behavior.
    4. Why do gays need marriage for a union with exclusion of all others if they love each other, I don't cheat on my girlfriend.
    5. To single us out is stupid, and even if I was atheist I would oppose it, all my atheist friends do.
    6. Point 6 was aimed at FRED because he brought up abortion, so don't worry about it.
    7. Ever meet someone who is constantly flirting and dirty talking women, it is immature because there is more to life than just sex. Tell me if you had to choose between a life without sex, or a life without music, art, or literature in any form, which would you choose?
    8. You'd be surprised how much, and gays can be gay all they want and I won't disrespect them but a marriage is a religious union as I've shown in Point 4, civil marriage has more to do with children, tax, and support money. Point 8 was to point out that it is not because I'm a christian that I oppose this, and to try to set religion aside of this political debate.
  • Aes Sedai That1Guy 2012/02/27 19:48:30
    Aes Sedai
    First, instant oatmeal is not natural. Should we condemn that as a sin too?

Second, who are you to judge what is or isn't natural? What standard are you following?
  • That1Guy Aes Sedai 2012/02/28 22:36:31
    That1Guy
    +1
    1. instant oatmeal isn't an action.
    2. what genders were your parents, mine, and every person who has ever lived? would it be natural if a man were to get pregnant? the answers to both of these questions can be found just about anywhere.
    3. Natures standard.
  • Aes Sedai That1Guy 2012/02/29 11:27:02
  • That1Guy Aes Sedai 2012/03/01 03:01:56
    That1Guy
    calm down man
    1. was a joke
    2. ???, men don't have wombs.
    3. well other than plants it is male and female giving birth.
  • Aes Sedai That1Guy 2012/03/07 18:50:57
    Aes Sedai
    1) sure.

2) I never said they did.

3) Yes, men and women make children. I believe this is established. How is this an argument against gay marriage and gay parenting?
  • That1Guy Aes Sedai 2012/03/08 00:41:32
    That1Guy
    well 1&2 require no answer and for 3 that was the standard I was following
  • Aes Sedai That1Guy 2012/03/08 03:29:19
    Aes Sedai
    I think the root of this is the generally unnoticed but at the same time quite problematic misunderstanding of what marriage can mean for some one else.

People, presumably yourself included based upon what you said, apparently think that a couple exists for the sole purpose of baby-making and that only baby-making couples a) can get married to meet that end and b) parent children and c) be quote on quote natural.

Who is to say that a) gay people can't get married for strictly love and spiritual reasons without planning on personally giving birth b) parent adopted or surrogate children or c) not conform to the standard, but instead be personally diverse of the majority on their own terms.

Why people are reluctant to allow these two different types of marriage, one for male-female, which involves baby-making and love, and male-male/female-female which involves parenting and love, to coexist is completely beyond my understanding.
  • That1Guy Aes Sedai 2012/03/08 04:00:43 (edited)
    That1Guy
    A civil marriage has more to do with legal issues such as child, or spousal support, known or at least assumed paternity, survivor's rights, and procreation. Child support is between the blood related parents so gays need not worry about that, spousal support is required by marriage, but if gays love each other then I don't see any problem with it not being required, paternity is again between blood related parents, survivor's rights can easily be taken care of with a will, and procreation isn't something involved in a gay relationship. Religious marriage has more to do with love, but that has to be taken up with the church. I feel that the government can spend its time, attention and money doing something more urgent, like fixing the economy for example.
  • Aes Sedai That1Guy 2012/03/08 17:55:36
    Aes Sedai
    Well yes I agree that there are more urgent things but I disagree that strictly religious marriage has to do with love. Atheists that don't want children can still get married because they love one another, not because they're religious or because they want to make babies. Same deal here.

We wouldn't have to waste time on this issue if everyone opposing gay marriage just stopped giving a damn and let it go through so everyone can get on with their lives and onto more important things.
  • That1Guy Aes Sedai 2012/03/12 00:34:16
    That1Guy
    +1
    That sounds reasonable.
  • AnonRanGER That1Guy 2012/02/27 09:56:10
    AnonRanGER
    What does God have to do with this? Keep your religious... things out of politics.
  • That1Guy AnonRanGER 2012/02/28 22:39:11
    That1Guy
    +1
    Well the fact that marriage has to do with god.

2014/12/19 22:48:28