PUBLIC OPINION > Piers Morgan Shouldn't Be Deported

SodaHead Politics 2013/01/15 21:00:00
Piers Morgan may have a funny British accent -- but is the CNN host actually a threat to the American people? Not quite, the White House says. And apparently, so do most of you!

After a petition signed by 100,000 people asked to deport Morgan back to the U.K. due to his critical words about America's gun laws, the White House was obligated to respond, ultimately reporting that "the Constitution not only guarantees an individual right to bear arms, but also enshrines the freedom of speech and the freedom of the press." Long story short: Morgan can stay on this side of the pond for as long as he wants. Though most SodaHeads agreed with the White House's decision not to deport the TV host, there were some exceptions. Let's get to it!

piers morgan

POLITICS PLAY A ROLE

Due to the fact that this subject has to do with a political issue (gun control), it's certainly no surprise that politics played a big role in the voting. Liberals (86%), progressives (87%) and even moderates (79%) all voted for Piers to stay. Conservatives and libertarians, on the other hand, wanted the Brit out -- with only 27% and 48% saying he should stay.

SENIORS SAY 'STAY AWAY!'

Practically every age demographic agreed that Piers Morgan shouldn't be deported based on his comments on gun control -- except for one. That was the "65 and over" crowd. Though it was a narrow vote, those who were 65+, said that the CNN host should be deported at 51%. Teens and young adults were much more sympathetic to Piers -- with 73% and 77% saying he should stay, respectively. We're pretty sure this has some political undertones, as the young generation is more inclined to be liberal, while the older crowd steers more conservative.

FEMALES ARE MORE FORGIVING

In the grand scheme of things, both males (54%) and females (67%) voted that Piers Morgan shouldn't be deported -- but, judging from the stats, females were a bit more enthusiastic about him staying. Maybe it's his charming British accent? Or more realistically, perhaps it's because women tend to be more empathetic and forgiving in general, no matter their politics. But... that accent is still pretty darn cool.

If you'd like to vote on this question, dig deeper into the demographics, or engage in existing discussion about the topic, visit our poll about Piers Morgan and deportation. We'd love to hear from you!

• cc 2013/02/15 08:27:35
    cc
    hmmmm....publicly drawn and quartered?...perhaps?
  • solidconservative 2013/02/02 19:56:46
    solidconservative
    Piers Morgan??

Did he say something of any importance? You know what they say about opinions?
  • Bug 2013/01/27 19:17:43
    Bug
    He is an angry an...stopped watching him.....can't they do better..he attacks his guests
  • Ryan 2013/01/25 19:12:37
    Ryan
    Piers Morgan isn't even a US citizen. Yet he is here imposing European values on us. Deport the guy.
  • golem48 2013/01/23 09:19:33
    golem48
    He is worthy of defenestration..
  • Tina 2013/01/19 01:58:45
    Tina
    He has his right to an opinion. Stupid to think he should be deported.
  • AnimaniacClur 2013/01/18 00:08:42
    AnimaniacClur
    I don't watch the dude, don't know anything about him.
    However, stating your political opinion is not a crime.
  • billanator 2013/01/17 18:15:32
    billanator
    +2
    Go home, at least the crime rate is higher, across the pond.
  • democoach 2013/01/17 17:45:11
    democoach
    +1
    Let him stay and put a big sign on his hoise welcoming thieves ny letting them know jis stance on guns lol
  • dominic garcia 2013/01/17 16:53:23
    dominic garcia
    +3
    Just put him on the list of communist, radicals in America......Who knew two hundred years ago that we would be in this kind of rut. We give people, like Pier an opportunity to live out of his country, in the greatest country in the world. Then he wants to come here and encourage people to change our laws!!!! How very pathetic!!!!
  • Jim dominic... 2013/01/17 17:02:27
    Jim
    +3
    Good idea because if he is placed on a Gov. list of communist radicals then we would have some legal precedent to help deport him. Unfortunately his native country doesn't want him either. I wonder if Canada or Australia will take him. It seems he would fit right in one of those places.
  • dominic... Jim 2013/01/17 17:36:44 (edited)
    dominic garcia
    +2
    Communism is already in our government. That is why people, like Pier are flocking into our country. They want their idealogy to take over America....all you have to do is dig a little!!!! http://rense.com/general32/am...
  • Mary B dominic... 2013/01/18 12:36:01
    Mary B
    +1
    and that is why obama is supporting him
  • NymRod Jim 2013/01/17 21:26:58
    NymRod
    +5
    His country does want him, for crimes he committed there, that's why he wont return.
  • dominic... NymRod 2013/01/17 21:32:17
    dominic garcia
    +2
    Well isn't that special..........I guess I have to do my own digging. Thanks for the heads up. Now we can get the mainstream media to report that! Thats is really good stuff, but I won't hold my breath, cause don't communist own the media too?
  • Mr. Won... dominic... 2013/01/20 04:30:24
  • Apache 2013/01/17 16:36:58
  • Nicholas DeShane 2013/01/17 15:57:19
    Nicholas DeShane
    +3
    I find it funny that supporters of the 2nd amendment have no respect for the 1st.
  • truther1 Nichola... 2013/01/17 16:21:05
    truther1
    +6
    The Bill of Rights applies to Americans, not to every pinko-commi-globalist foreigner who slips in the back door... He can say what he wants, and US citizens have a right to kick his a$$ back out.

Aside from that, he's a criminal! He needs to be extradited to face the hacking charges back in Britain!
  • RH truther1 2013/01/21 14:47:45
    RH
    Although I can't stand Piers Morgan and would love to see him deported for any reason... You're incorrect on who the 1st Amendment covers. It covers anyone, citizen or non-citizen, that is standing on US Soil.

Sadly, Piers Morgan can not be deported for speaking his mind. I just wish we had rules against idiots like him.

And if he were to happen to take a flying leap off a cliff somewhere I would only be upset that I didn't get to watch.
  • Its Me, Joel 2013/01/17 15:34:21
  • Vieuphoria 2013/01/17 15:33:01
  • RH Vieuphoria 2013/01/21 14:49:55
    RH
    +1
    I'd be willing to pay you to take him back.

pay

Sadly, I've been told so many times from people in the UK that they don't want him back.
  • Ava Alexander 2013/01/17 12:04:13 (edited)
    Ava Alexander
    +6
    I can't stand the man. My husband likes to listen to the liberal side of the news so he can laugh at the distortions, the ommission, the outright lying and I can't believe the stuff coming out of that man's mouth and he's not even a citizen. If he was a citizen, then I'd say, fine, you have an opinion you're entitled to, but he's not even a citizen and he should therefore, keep his trap shut. If I was a news anchor living on a green card in England, I sure as hell wouldn't say horrible things about that country, and believe me, it screams to be criticized, but I wouldn't say a word since I'm not a citizen and its strictly my opinion, but if you aren't a citizen, then you don't have a right to criticize your host country. I think they should deport his ass out of here and not tomorrow, but today
  • Thomas 45 Ava Ale... 2013/01/17 15:26:14
    Thomas 45
    +4
    Thank you, finally someone with the guts to say what the sane still think. The Liberals want to end violence by killing those opposed to them! What a mess BHO has made!
  • demetric 2013/01/17 11:01:29
    demetric
    +10
    I think everyone thats against gun or as piers morgan say military assault weapons, should shut up. Yall wake up every morning waiting to hear about shootings, just so you can have another reason to say something bad about them. Now yall want to ban assault rifles because its whats use now for mass murders. For one any gun can cause mass murders easy, without needing a 100 round drum of ammo. To America ten people getting killed in a shooting is a mass murder. A person that kill one person everyday will be consider a mass murderer. So whats the difference on what kind of gun it is. If yall put it that way, all these mass shootings have been done by white people. So are you going to ban them? Not every white is out there shooting, and not every assault rifle is used for a shooting. Why do yall even think banning assualt rifles is going to stop these mass killing. If you stop selling the legally there just going to be obtained illegally, without tax. Just like marijuana, crack, speed, acid, pills, and etc. If you ask me, I think banning them is going to have the same effect that banning alcohol did. All your doing is giving illegal seller more to sell. Another reason all this is still going on, is because the way its broadcast. they do it to be talked about. So why are yall stil...
    I think everyone thats against gun or as piers morgan say military assault weapons, should shut up. Yall wake up every morning waiting to hear about shootings, just so you can have another reason to say something bad about them. Now yall want to ban assault rifles because its whats use now for mass murders. For one any gun can cause mass murders easy, without needing a 100 round drum of ammo. To America ten people getting killed in a shooting is a mass murder. A person that kill one person everyday will be consider a mass murderer. So whats the difference on what kind of gun it is. If yall put it that way, all these mass shootings have been done by white people. So are you going to ban them? Not every white is out there shooting, and not every assault rifle is used for a shooting. Why do yall even think banning assualt rifles is going to stop these mass killing. If you stop selling the legally there just going to be obtained illegally, without tax. Just like marijuana, crack, speed, acid, pills, and etc. If you ask me, I think banning them is going to have the same effect that banning alcohol did. All your doing is giving illegal seller more to sell. Another reason all this is still going on, is because the way its broadcast. they do it to be talked about. So why are yall still giving them the satisfaction. I must say to piers morgan i cant stand you, how can you and all these anti-gun people say what guns are needed in homes for defence. For one the military use these kind of weapons because there great for HOME LAND DEFENCE. So what makes that different from my HOME and other HOMES. Some people need more then seven bullets, or eight shells in there handgun or shotgun. For one they make these guns to be better protected and to reload less. If piers morgan ever found himself in a situation where he had to protect himself i feel sorry, not really but i hope his pepper spray or rape whistle save his life.
  • Thomas 45 demetric 2013/01/17 15:33:27
    Thomas 45
    +2
    You are correct. A true assault weapon is full automatic, and is already controlled by the NFA, and require a FBI check and the BATF director to sign off after you pay the $200.00 tax stamp. I know from experience.
  • beanpole 2013/01/17 09:47:56
    beanpole
    +1
    I think that if I had the influance to as many households and people as he does, it wouldn't matter what he says, but alas untill SH I could only make my opinion known in my own house. Send him back to the ones that already have no right to guns of any kind.
  • ticker 2013/01/17 08:17:42
    ticker
    +5
    No one was stopping him from speaking his mind. To me the argument is simple- you don't like Americas gun laws fine; you don't have to live here. The funny part is that thousands of Brits also signed a petition to keep him in America because they hate him more than we do.
  • RevBH 2013/01/17 07:30:09
    RevBH
    +1
    Flat-out silly. And so is the "deportation" comment.
  • Riley 2013/01/17 04:35:07
    Riley
    Stay, go I couldn't care less about some Brit with a big mouth... Personally he annoys me, his opinions and the sound of his voice but that's no reason to deport somebody.
  • hatter 2013/01/17 04:24:15
    hatter
    +3
    Nah deport his ass. But I guess its not against the law to be a bitch.
  • Sagan 2013/01/17 02:38:56
  • Brendan... Sagan 2013/01/17 06:10:44
    Brendan Young
    +2
    Technically, since he's not an American, the constitutional right of Freedom of Speech does not apply to him... technically... O.o
  • Sagan Brendan... 2013/01/17 16:45:44
  • Rude&Reckless 2013/01/17 00:52:34
    Rude&Reckless
    +3
    I don't agree with any of the propaganda that spews out of his elitist mouth, but deported? Have we finally become the Fascist States of Amerika, or what?
  • carol the cat 2013/01/17 00:34:02
    carol the cat
    +2
    Deported? Piers Morgan is an Intelligent Man who by the way is a Citizen! I have not been on Sodahead for a long time & now I realize why! We will get a Ban on Machine guns & High capacity Amio...Keep your guns & your single rounds of amio...Everyone after Newtown..agrees Ban Machine guns NOW!!! and Piers Morgan states the case with more grace than anyone...Do you even bother to listen to him? Or are you all just judgemenal?
  • Lillsista carol t... 2013/01/17 02:13:53
    Lillsista
    I listen to him, but I like to listen to others opinions. I usually learn something I did not know before. Things get so blown out of proportion and some really make themselves sound like fools.
  • Slayer Tudd 2013/01/17 00:24:18
    Slayer Tudd
    +4
    I don't buy that this is the public's opinion. There's enough pissed off Americans that have had it with this idiot's "British Supremacist" crap! My mother is British, and she don't come off with this "I'm better than everyone else in Canada because I'm British" attitude. Piers Morgan makes good Brits look like crap!
  • Bill 2013/01/17 00:18:26
    Bill
    +1
    think of how much better off America would be without the Piers Morgans, Matt damonds, & Alec Baldwins

2014/04/16 21:34:49