PUBLIC OPINION > Obama Would Beat Romney in a Fist Fight

The presidential campaign is heating up as the election draws near, and both parties have come out swinging. Fortunately for the candidates, that's just a figure of speech. This isn't the Bolivian House of Commons. But what if the election really did come down to fisticuffs? Could Romney throw a knock-out punch? How is Obama's left hook? We took this all-too-important question to the public. You know, just in case.

It looks like Obama took this one by a hair, but you know what they say. Close only counts in horseshoes and grenades. And maybe KOs. It would be quite the brawl, to be sure. In Romney's defense, he's definitely the larger man and doesn't have a history of smoking. On the other hand, Obama has proven himself a tough physical competitor on the basketball court.

Repping Your Party

We wanted this to be a fair fight, but based on the political breakdown, it seems most people just went with their party anyway. Few conservatives gave Obama the benefit of the doubt, and even fewer liberals did so for Romney. It's probably not going to happen anytime soon, so it's not like anyone's going to lose a bet here.

Teens Back Obama

Going by age, the youngest voters were much more likely to pick Obama. As voters got older they were less likely to pick the President, until about age 45 when it leveled out completely in favor of Romney. Of course, we have to allow for the possibility that this was also politically-minded, as younger people do tend to vote left.

Men Split the Vote

Men and women often have different attitudes toward violence, and also different perspectives on the relative strength of male competitors. For instance, there are more men interested in boxing and MMA than women. (Though, according to UFC president Dana White, the female audience is catching up.) Men were completely split, but women pushed the vote in Obama's favor.

If you'd like to vote on this question, dig deeper into the demographics, or engage in existing discussion about the topic, visit our poll about an Obama-Romney fist fight. We'd love to hear from you!

• Nareen ... rodrigo... 2012/09/24 20:16:53
    Nareen Lake
    And who is taking sides Rodrigo? Saying 70% of republicans are racists..... you've got to be kidding. If he had done a decent job of running this country instead of using all of his time vacationing & playing golf, I would respect Obama. But don't and can't and I don't care if he has black & white stripes. And I do love my country and I don't want it turned into a socialist/communist dictatorship as he is doing!
  • Boris D. 2012/09/22 02:28:16
    Boris D.
    +4
    Obama has a glass chin.
    He can't take a hit.
  • Nareen ... Boris D. 2012/09/24 20:17:47
    Nareen Lake
    +1
    He can't take criticism. That's for sure. Nothing is his fault.
  • Brother Bo 2012/09/22 02:20:21
    Brother Bo
    +4
    It would have to be Romney. Obama wouldn't know which fist to throw without a tele-fighter handy.
  • frankie 2012/09/22 01:53:30
    frankie
    +1
    mitt wouldn;t get down to that level. barry lived on the streets of chicago so he probably had to learn though being limp wrist I don.t know,
  • garyt212 frankie 2012/09/22 05:35:40
    garyt212
    He was raised and educated in the middle east....
  • Bob 2012/09/22 01:37:16
    Bob
    +2
    Obama because he has no values and would do anything.
  • Timothy Wright 2012/09/22 01:23:01
    Timothy Wright
    +2
    i feel like standing around in a circle screaming fight, fight ,fight as obama ran away.
  • Bureauc 0Bamao 2012/09/22 01:11:51
    Bureauc 0Bamao
    +6
    If a picture is worth a thousand words, here's 8 thousand........

obama effeminate
    Plus I hear Michelle whoops barack's @ss on the basketball court too.
  • B Lawrence Bureauc... 2012/09/27 23:02:07
    B Lawrence
    Hahaha! Classic...
  • Donnie 2012/09/22 00:56:48
    Donnie
    and if they did that it would probably be the smarted thing they did.
  • CODE 11 2012/09/22 00:31:18 (edited)
    CODE 11
    +4
    Obama doesn't have the balls to fight anyone
  • garyt212 CODE 11 2012/09/22 05:37:20
  • jade 2012/09/21 23:40:43
    jade
    Go
  • biggerman 2012/09/21 23:20:34 (edited)
    biggerman
    +3
    What kind of lowlife came up with this? This has to be the dumbest and most irrelevant question/topic on this site and one that not wothy of an answer. Picture of Obama the nerd
  • Pm biggerman 2012/09/21 23:40:42
    Pm
    +1
    Libs cannot discuss the issues
  • gimini210 2012/09/21 22:26:32
    gimini210
    +2
    Had a friend whose husband, who was over 6 ft tall and 200+ lbs, loved to start bar fights with smaller men than him. One night he started picking on his usual 98 LB. weakling. He pushed the guy off his stool, knocked over his drinks and other little irritating things until the little guy said to take it outside. About 20 minutes later the little guy comes in and settles his bill then leaves. Needless to say, two black eyes, a broken nose and getting scraped off the parking lot taught my friends husband a lesson, never start a fight against anyone because they may take it outside and whip up on your sorry butt big time. So the lesson behind this story is, don't look at anyone and think you can beat them because you never know what the other person has learned in life.
  • Nareen ... gimini210 2012/09/24 20:21:04
    Nareen Lake
    Obozo would have his posse outside waiting and it would take 10 of them to whoop Mitt.
  • DUGGINS 2012/09/21 22:02:04
    DUGGINS
    +3
    This has to be he dumbest question ever on sodahead, how can you predict something like this? Who knows what kind of training either one has gotten from their college days.
    Obama has a girly walk so he might ride and hide when somebody got in his face, or it might be the opposite. I've been in a lot of fist fights and did boxing at the Boys club.
    I've also seen a lot of wimpy looking guys that could handle themselves very well.
    On the other hand I seen some big loudmouth bullies turn tail and run when they are confronted. Now if you asked who seems to be more presidential that's a no brianer Romney takes the title.
    My reasoning is Romney wants to see America get strong and prosperous, while Obama wants to turn America in to a third world country, he already has us in a recession and debt it will take 20 years to get out of.
  • B Lawrence 2012/09/21 19:32:58
    B Lawrence
    +3
    Obama??? Haha!! That skinny little twerp wouldn't do anything to Romney. Obama has a glass jaw for one. Obama has no muscle. He's just cut. Being cut doesn't mean you're strong...idiots.
  • DavidK 2012/09/21 18:25:44
    DavidK
    +7
    Wow, what the liberal won't do to make Obama appear better than Romney! Figuring that Romney never did cocaine, drank or smoked, I'd put my money on Romney!
    What we should be asking is.....
    1. Who's had more success prior to politics?
    2. Who's better qualified to handle our economy?
    3. Who is more trustworthy?
    4. Who is more honest towards Americans?
    5. Who is more respected by his peers?
    6. Who's religion was never in doubt?
    7. Who's more likely to have Congress work for them?
    8. Who's the rest of the World more likely to respect?
    9. Who's contributed more to his Country?
    10. Who is the obvious choice to get our Country back on track?

If you said Obama to any of these questions, just try and state why you chose him without looking totally naive and out of touch! I dare you!
  • Ronni DavidK 2012/09/21 20:09:23
    Ronni
    Not money boo boo Twit Romney lol!
  • DougE Ronni 2012/09/22 03:13:27
    DougE
    +1
    NIce grown up discussion!
  • Ronni DougE 2012/09/23 14:29:25
    Ronni
    What do you expect from a stupid question!
  • DougE Ronni 2012/09/24 15:38:21
    DougE
    Little of nothing from a liberal... It was more of an observation about you!
  • DavidK Ronni 2012/09/22 04:25:31
    DavidK
    +2
    great answer for a libtard! NOTHING!!!!!
  • Ronni DavidK 2012/09/23 14:14:51
    Ronni
    Oooooo I guess you told me ignorant fool!
  • DavidK Ronni 2012/09/24 02:51:39
    DavidK
    yes, you are an ignorant fool!
  • DougE Ronni 2012/09/24 15:39:56
    DougE
    He told you ignorant fool? Wait, seems to be a few words missing that would finish your statement. Are you calling him an ignorant fool, or are you admitting you are an ignorant fool?
  • Ronni DavidK 2012/09/23 14:23:29
    Ronni
    I know you are upset. The worst Presidential Canidate in the last Century. Willard ha ha ha!
  • DougE Ronni 2012/09/24 15:40:48
    DougE
    and an unrepentant idiot from the left. How ignorant are you to join in on name calling?
  • SW Ronni 2012/09/25 16:46:29
    SW
    This is for David K who's blocked me cause he can't handle the truth!

All of those questions I'd answer Obama FOR SURE. Hitler never drank or smoked either! Gotta love that argument.

1. Well if you look at Robme's record as governor it's obvious "prior success in politics" doesn't apply to him.

2 Again look at the Ma economy before and after Romney --and tell me why he can handle the economy AT ALL.

3 Who is more trustworthy? Hahahaha OMG Romney has 2 complete opposite positions on EVERY issue and his core campaign is based on 100% lies about Obama. Proven obvious lies.

4. Again HAHAHAHAH OMG. I'll give you a hint... Not Romney. Not by a long shot.

5. Obama is far more respected by his peers. Romney is not one of them in any sense of the word. Obama has more class in his pinky than in Romney's whole family.

6 Who's religion was never in doubt? It's not Obama's fault haters lie about his religion...Most reasonable thinking people never doubted it. But I can tell you this: Obama doesn't believe in Magic underpants or getting his own planet when he dies (and you thought 72 virgins was scary!)

7 Again are you blaming Obama for the fuktards in congress who hate him more than they love America? Get rid of them... problem solved! God help us if congress works for Romney!

8...

8 I think we've already seen in Romney's gaff/piss-off-the-world-tour how much the world respects him.

9 Without a doubt Obama has contributed more... unless you count destroying companies and communities a "contribution." But who knows how much he's contributed... Robme still won't show us his tax records! Must be cause he's so "honest."

10 OBAMA! Unless by "back on track" you mean back on the track we were on when Bush was president.
  • Ronni SW 2012/10/07 12:54:23
    Ronni
    He is probably in his bunker with his bible and shotgun, thinking of an insult for me like " l am rubber you are glue " Typical right wing brainiac. Lol
    lol
  • krayzrick DavidK 2012/09/21 23:35:21
    krayzrick
    +1
    Now if only Romney were black, we could call everyone RACIST...
  • DUGGINS DavidK 2012/09/24 14:49:01 (edited)
    DUGGINS
    +1
    DavidK, Those are the ten best reasons to distinguish between the two men, Obama's got a negative attitude against America, while Romney sees a bright future like the one we used to have, the sooner we get back to the way it used to be the better. Compare david's reason to each man and see who comes out with the most out of ten. From where I sit it's Romney 10 to 0.
  • Papillon 2012/09/21 18:25:33
  • Suzie 2012/09/21 18:14:57
    Suzie
    Really?
  • Beat Magnum True Hero 2012/09/21 18:05:46
    Beat Magnum True Hero
    Say what you want, the Pres. is pretty cut.
  • Papillon Beat Ma... 2012/09/21 18:28:57
  • B Lawrence Beat Ma... 2012/09/21 19:39:38
    B Lawrence
    +1
    And being "cut" has ZERO to do with strength...ZERO!!!!!!!!! Skinny guys that don't eat or work out, can be cut.... Ive seen the shirtless Obama pics. He has no chest or mass. Being cut doesn't mean your strong...AT ALL.

2014/12/19 22:44:47