PUBLIC OPINION > Mitt Romney Is Ahead in SodaHead Poll

With less than a month before the election, now is a great time to start looking at how people are going to vote. There's still time to decide, and you can be sure the candidates are going to make these last few weeks stretch, but most people probably have a pretty good idea of who they're voting for. We asked SodaHead users who they're casting their ballot for.

The people have spoken, and it looks like Mitt Romney is way out in front! SodaHeads were 18% more likely to pick Romney over Obama. Naturally, liberals and conservatives voted in favor of their own party, but only 84% of liberal voters picked Obama compared to the 93% of conservatives who picked Romney. SodaHead voters were also 24% more likely to be conservative. But how did the rest of the demographics break down?

Big Incomes Pick Obama

With more than 2,500 votes overall, we had a pretty big sample size for voters who make over $100,000 a year. It was interesting to find that people making that much were about twice as likely as any other bracket to say they're voting for Obama. Unemployed voters, on the other hand, were more likely to pick Romney.

Libertarians Look Elsewhere

Conservative voters were absolutely on Romney's side, with 93% of the vote in his hands. However, libertarians were a little more likely to look elsewhere. About 36% of them plan on voting for someone else, while 35% of them are planning to vote for Romney. Progressives, on the other hand, were only 5% less likely to vote for Obama than liberals.

The Unemployed Don't Want Obama

Breaking it down by employment status, students were the only demographic going for Obama. Next to full-time workers, the unemployed were the least likely to vote for Obama, with only 28% picking the current president. However, full-time voters were more likely than the unemployed to pick Romney -- 58% of full-time workers compared to 45% of the unemployed.

If you'd like to vote on this question, dig deeper into the demographics, or engage in existing discussion about the topic, visit our poll about the 2012 election. We'd love to hear from you!

• The Lib Hater 2012/10/18 08:37:31 (edited)
    The Lib Hater
    +66
    I wish there were ten more debates like this, because the longer 0bama is on the stage with Romney the more Mitt destroys 0bama's platitudes with the relationship to the reality of the world we live in. See Libs, everybody that has common sense now knows that the MSM leans left, meaning that ugly lib moderator, Candy Crowley, did everything she could to help 0bama last night, knowing he is not as smart as the media made him out to be, which takes me back to the Clint Eastwood remark, "0bama is the greatest hoax ever perpetrated on the American people." When you try to make things fair, you don't put Martha Raddatz on a stage for the Biden/Ryan debate, knowing she had Muslim 0bama at her wedding. We have now seen the last act of desperation; last night was a last act of desperation that was obvious to voters. We saw a media figure do all she could to bail 0bama out of trouble; the results are, it's over for 0bama and his MSM, who's ability to influence, to be neutral observers, moderators, or referees is gone, and we have drawn them out for what they are; they are desperately clinging to the authority that they once had. Romney is pulling away because people have caught on, thanks to networks like Facebook, Twitter, The Great RUSH Limbaugh, Savage, Beck, Hannity, Drudge, and Fo...
    I wish there were ten more debates like this, because the longer 0bama is on the stage with Romney the more Mitt destroys 0bama's platitudes with the relationship to the reality of the world we live in. See Libs, everybody that has common sense now knows that the MSM leans left, meaning that ugly lib moderator, Candy Crowley, did everything she could to help 0bama last night, knowing he is not as smart as the media made him out to be, which takes me back to the Clint Eastwood remark, "0bama is the greatest hoax ever perpetrated on the American people." When you try to make things fair, you don't put Martha Raddatz on a stage for the Biden/Ryan debate, knowing she had Muslim 0bama at her wedding. We have now seen the last act of desperation; last night was a last act of desperation that was obvious to voters. We saw a media figure do all she could to bail 0bama out of trouble; the results are, it's over for 0bama and his MSM, who's ability to influence, to be neutral observers, moderators, or referees is gone, and we have drawn them out for what they are; they are desperately clinging to the authority that they once had. Romney is pulling away because people have caught on, thanks to networks like Facebook, Twitter, The Great RUSH Limbaugh, Savage, Beck, Hannity, Drudge, and Fox News. Too bad it’s it over for you libs; your high hopes that you were going to get something for nothing are gone, now. When Crowley bailed 0bama out from that Benghazi attack, that was the knockout blow that was felt all around the world on who 0bama really is. Sorry, again, I had to pee on your evening of fun, Libs.

• Margaret Jacobson 2012/11/19 07:11:03
    Margaret Jacobson
    Oh well....election day says it all.....better luck next time
  • Margaret Jacobson 2012/11/19 07:04:13
    Margaret Jacobson
    I think both parties are playing us r suckers ??
  • rbeas 2012/11/12 19:09:47
    rbeas
    and like most of the skewed right wing nut polls got them what?
  • manny 2012/11/04 23:02:38
    manny
    Smart guys
  • hippycat 2012/11/01 14:37:22
    hippycat
    I think i had as much of Sodahead as I can take. I have come across conservative sites before but this one is just the worst. Look at the 'top opinion' (who decides what constitutes a top opinion - number of people who give it a thumbs up|?) - she or he even calls her/himself Lib hater. To think that hating is ever positive is just dumb and ignorant. And people applaud this self-deluded drivel. Yuk.
  • Runaway ✩ 2012/10/25 02:37:07
    Runaway ✩
    +5
    The unemployed don't want Obama? Typical - few Americans seem to see more than a couple months into the past, or the future.

When did the stock market crash? On Bush's watch, of course. Why did the stock market crash? Due to deregulation, which Bush pushed really hard for.

Obama hasn't improved the economy a whole lot - but he's at least preserved what he was handed, and added a little bit to it. What's Romney going to do? He'll sell every business in America to foreign investors, most of whom will move all the infrastructure possible to China, or anywhere outside the US.

Don't like Obama's economy? Well, you better FEAR Romney's economy, 'cause it's ten times worse than Obama's!
  • hippycat Runaway ✩ 2012/11/01 14:27:02
    hippycat
    Shame that most people don't see it. So many just vote by 'I want change' without even looking closely at what this change entails. On the plus side, I'd say that Sodahead is not exactly representative; it seems to have more cons than other sites (which makes for some amusing reading at times, sometimes though it's scary.
  • MO.gal 2012/10/25 02:34:54
    MO.gal
    +2
    No surprise there! I'm sure all the cons AND their sock puppets voted. republican sock puppets republican sock puppets
  • Jon Bergen MO.gal 2012/10/31 12:24:08
    Jon Bergen
    As long as Hart Intercivic isn't allowed to invent sockpuppet voters (?) the way the neocons do here, all should be fine, seeing as the electoral map looks something like this...

hart intercivic allowed invent sockpuppet voters neocons fine electoral map

• Jon Bergen 2012/10/22 19:58:21
  • Malie Jon Bergen 2012/10/25 12:52:34
    Malie
    +1
    Obama the snake oil salesman, talk is cheap, action speaks louder than words, Obama's last 4 years' performance is so dismal , anybody who would vote for him must be out of his or her mind, I guess some people are gullible and naive.
  • Jon Bergen Malie 2012/10/25 16:00:36 (edited)
    Jon Bergen
    +1
    Actually, it turns out the majority of people are smarter than either you or Romney think.

turns majority people smarter romney

turns majority people smarter romney

turns majority people smarter romney

turns majority people smarter romney

turns majority people smarter romney

REUTERS POLL: Obama Is Going To Trounce Mitt Romney In A Landslide
  • ilovemymac 2012/10/22 15:59:05
    ilovemymac
    +2
    The debates mean nothing. It was leaked that there is a contract between the 2 parties and the debate committee. They know what questions are being asked ahead of time. For the town hall debate they had people in the audiance who were planted to ask questions and they had people standing by to cut mics if anyone asked a question that was not pre approved by the debate committee and both parties.

Wake up people its a sham. This whole 2 party thing is a sham. There is not a dimes worth of difference between the 2. We need to wake up and vote 3rd party. Will they win? Not unless people vote for them. This coward like attitude that people have and afraid to vote 3rd party in fear of the "other person" winning is stupid. It was put out by both parties when Ross Perot ran and almost beat them. So they spread this nonsense to keep people in check.
  • TheTruth1313 2012/10/22 07:20:41
    TheTruth1313
    And he is ahead in the Gallup poll.
  • Patriotic 2012/10/22 01:38:46
    Patriotic
    +4
    This really doesn't surprise me...it's a SH Poll.
  • poet4justice 2012/10/21 23:59:53
    poet4justice
    +3
    Is this counting people who can't afford a computer ?
  • Jon Bergen poet4ju... 2012/10/22 10:04:03
    Jon Bergen
    New Washington Times/Zogby Poll: President Leads By 3 (Forbes)

washington timeszogby poll president leads 3 forbes

(Most recent graph shows Obama at 288 electoral votes, Romney at 250, still a pretty solid defeat, with odds for Obama's victory at 68% and Romney down at only 32%. This may explain why Europe’s largest betting company has called the election for President Obama and why Paddy Power has already paid out €1 million to bettors convinced Obama has a lock on his re-election.)
  • ★Calliope★ 2012/10/21 23:44:14
    ★Calliope★
    Yeah, this despite all the MSM in the bag for 'bama.

Despite a debate that was 2 against 1.

Despite the MSM refusing to investigate the death of our Ambassador and others.

Romney better win if we want even a remote chance of digging out of this mess.
  • John Boy 2012/10/21 23:30:14
    John Boy
    +2
    That is great, more than that, I want a landslide win for Romney. !!!
  • Merry 2012/10/21 23:06:26
  • HappyGuy 2012/10/21 21:37:09
    HappyGuy
    This is great and is a sample of what it will be like on election day
  • 4570GOVT 2012/10/21 15:55:06
    4570GOVT
    +2
    On Mitt Romney (information to pass on and share with others)

After going to both Harvard Business School and Harvard Law School simultaneously,

he passed the Michigan bar, but never worked as an attorney.

As a venture-capitalist, Romney’s first major business deal involved investing

in a start-up office supply company with one store in Massachusetts that sold office supplies. That company, called Staples, now has over 2,000 stores and employs...over 90,000 people.

Romney or his company Bain Capital (using what became known as the “Bain Way”) would go on to perform the same kinds of business miracles again and again, with companies like Domino’s, Sealy, Brookstone, Weather Channel, Burger King, Warner Music Group, Dollarama, Home Depot Supply, and many others.

Got your calculators handy? Let’s recap:

Volunteer campaign worker for his dad’s gubernatorial campaign for 1 year.

Unpaid intern in Governor’s office for 8 years.

Mormon missionary in Paris for 2 years.

Unpaid bishop and state president for his church for 10 years.

No salary as president of the Olympics for 3 years.

No salary as MA governor for 4 years.

That’s a grand total of 28 years of unpaid service to his country, his community and his church. Why? Because that’s the kind of man Mitt Romne...

Mormon missionary in Paris for 2 years.

No salary as MA governor for 4 years.

That’s a grand total of 28 years of unpaid service to his country, his community and his church. Why? Because that’s the kind of man Mitt Romney is! And in 2011 Mitt Romney gave over $4 million to charity, almost 19% of his income; Obama gave 1%; Joe Biden gave $300 or.0013%. This is real character vs. well you know what!

Romney may not be the best representative the Republicans could have selected.

At least we know what religion he is, and that he won’t desecrate the flag, bow down to foreign powers, or squander my money on vacations. I know he has the ability to turn this financial debacle that the “Tax-And-Spend President” has gotten us into.

We didn’t know that when Obama said he’d give us change, he meant nickels and dimes, and he would get the big bucks.

We won’t like all the things necessary to recover from this debt, but someone with Romney’s background can do it.

BUT, on the minus side, he never was a “Community Organizer”, never took drugs or smoked pot. Never got drunk. Did not associate with communists or terrorists.

Nor did he attend a church whose pastor called for God to damn the US…

There were many others that preceded Romney. Guys like Henry Ford, Thomas Edison, Glenn H, Curtiss, Sears, J.C. Penney, William Kellogg, Wrigley, William Boeing, Donald Douglass and a whole army of hard working, creative innovators that built this great nation that we used to enjoy, before Obama. And, just like Romney, they didn't always succeed on the first try but they persevered and got the job done for the benefit of the country and all of us. And, just like Romney, if you succeed you get the rewards for your efforts. If you fail, you pick up the pieces and try again and again until you get it right. Now, we need to help Romney pick up the pieces and put our greatest nation on earth, back together again!
  • hippycat 4570GOVT 2012/11/01 14:50:27
    hippycat
    And? What'syour point? Romney is stinking rich and if I had his money, I'd also only work for causes I believe in (don't like anything Romney did).
  • 4570GOVT hippycat 2012/11/01 15:39:46
    4570GOVT
    MY point is to " point out " the kind of person that Mitt Romney IS !

The campaign ads against this man and his family are SICK ! Here in Ohio , we are subjected to " At Least 12+ Hateful LIES " Every Hour on Every Station coming from Obama . ALL are attack ads , all lies , all hateful coming from Obama . Wren you compare that to Romney's ads offering HOPE for tomorrow , and very positive .
    Obama HAS NO PLAN , just personal attacks . Romney HAS A 5 Point Plan for all to see .
    So what if Romney is rich ? Obama has become quite rich himself as well ......... since he took office in JAN. 09 - He Has Increased His Personal Wealth EIGHT TIMES (8) in 3 1/2 years . He is getting stinkin' rich on Our Dime !
    Romney is a very smart business man AND could save America if allowed to .
    You just sound envious of Romneys wealth . He GIVES AWAY more than ANYBODY else . He is VERY generous !
  • hippycat 4570GOVT 2012/11/02 19:51:39
    hippycat
    Well, you honestly don't think that I fall for that - I see someone who is hateful - you!
    I am for the right to have an abortion, believe the rich should be taxed sky-high, like a multi-cultural society - well, I am an old hippy. Much further to the left than Obama. Don't think we could ever agree on anything ;)
  • 4570GOVT hippycat 2012/11/03 02:25:46
    4570GOVT
    I'm an old hippy as well ................... then I grew up ! - Hateful ? ........ not in the least . I grew up with sex , drugs and rock & roll , wasting my youth as you sound like " you " have . I , however , look at the big picture and the 60's & 70's are a distant memory ............. some good , some not .
    You're right ! We could not agree on much . Abortion is NOT at the top of the list ( and is not at the top of Romney's either ) . The health of our country is #1 to me . ........ sorry your priorities are so backward .

BTW : I am on Social Security and certainly NOT rich -and- have not paid fed. income tax in years .
  • hippycat 4570GOVT 2012/11/05 16:47:17
    hippycat
    I am sorry, this si just a lot of baloney. 'the health.....to me'....maybe you should care about the health of the millions without health care. Seems you didn't just grow up, you lost your compassion too. Sad.
  • 4570GOVT hippycat 2012/11/06 00:54:26
    4570GOVT
    NOBODY wants ANYBODY to be without health care , fool ! - It's the method and direction taken that is the problem . I am All For health care insurance for the POOR ........... we have HADthat for years ( it is called Medicaid and the POOR have never been without insurance ) . The OLD & DISABLED already HAVE insurance as well ( MediCare ) but Obama ROBBED Medicare of $716 , 000 , 000 , 000 , 000 Dollars ( $716 BILLION DOLLARS ) and set Medicare Up For Bankrupcy !
    I Am On MediCare " NOW " but thanks to Obama ....... it will be gone in a few years and We will be hung out to dry !

The " ONLY " Baloney / Balogna I Hear IsComing From YOU !

The " OTHER UN INSURED " Need Our Help , And I Support THAT Fully . ObamaCare is NOT THE WAY to do this however . Obama REFUSED to work with republicans and met behind closed doors to pass it . Congress Was NOT Allowed To Read It For Gods Sake ! It was Basically Written In The 1970's and Hillary tried to pass it . It Stunk Then & It Stinks Now !

We need to SCRAP IT and work on a REAL health care bill .
  • hippycat 4570GOVT 2012/11/06 01:09:23
    hippycat
    what is it with you republicans? you can't make a point without adding some insults. which makes for an amusing read. thanks.
  • 4570GOVT hippycat 2012/11/06 01:12:57 (edited)
    4570GOVT
    I am NOT a republican - and " what " insults ?

I see who I am trying to educate with the TRUTH , now , and am wasting my time . You answer a truck load of FACTS without reading them and offer NO counter ............... only BALONEY !

Bye - Bye !
  • Gordon.Peterson.9081 2012/10/21 14:00:48
    Gordon.Peterson.9081
    +2
    Here are a few of the 923 executive orders Obama has signed, looks like a Government takeover to me.

* Executive Order 10990 allows the Government to take over all modes of transportation and control of highways and seaports.

* Executive Order 10995 allows the government to seize and control the communication media.

* Executive Order 10997 allows the government to take over all electrical power, gas, petroleum, fuels, and minerals.

* Executive Order 11000 allows the government to mobilize civilians into work brigades under government supervision.

* Executive Order 11001 allows the government to take over all health education and welfare functions.

* Executive Order 11002 designates the Postmaster General to operate a national registration of all persons.

* Executive Order 11003 allows the government to take over all airports and aircraft, including commercial aircraft.

* Executive Order 11004 allows the Housing and Finance Authority to relocate and establish new locations for populations.

* Executive Order 11005 allows the government to take over railroads, inland waterways, and public storage facilities.

* Executive Order 11049 assigns emergency preparedness function to federal departments and agencies, consolidating 21 operative Executive Orders issues ov...

* Executive Order 11049 assigns emergency preparedness function to federal departments and agencies, consolidating 21 operative Executive Orders issues over a fifteen-year period.

* Executive Order 11051 specifies the responsibility of the Office of Emergency Planning and gives authorization to put all Executive Orders into effect in times of increased international tensions and economic or financial crisis.

* Executive Order 11310 grants authority to the Department of Justice to enforce the plans set out in Executive Orders, to institute Industrial support, to establish judicial and legislative liaison, to control all aliens, to operate penal and correctional institutions, and to advise and assist the President.

* Executive Order 11921 allows the Federal Emergency Preparedness Agency to develop plans to establish control over the mechanisms of production and distribution of energy sources, wages, salaries, credit, and the flow of money in U.S. financial institutions in any undefined national emergency. It also provides that when the president declares a state of emergency, Congress cannot review the action for six months.
  • ilovemymac Gordon.... 2012/10/22 16:03:05
    ilovemymac
    +1
    The thing is Romney will not change any of these orders. In fact Romney is a very controlling person. Just look at what they did to shut out anyone who did not agree with them at the RNC. There are rules for a reason and not following these rules and shutting out those who disagree with you is wrong. If Gerald Ford had done that in 76 Ronald Reagan would never have gotten to speak and made himself known and then got elected in 80.

They changed the rules so that next primary season it doesnt matter how you vote the GOP the RNC and the presemptive nominee will decide what delegates they want and ones they dont like which are any that of course do not vote for him will be dismissed and replaced with delegates that do. What this does is essentially keep anyone from having a voice in the election.
  • Gordon.... ilovemymac 2012/10/25 20:14:52
    Gordon.Peterson.9081
    Now that you have figured that out, don't vote is your message.
  • 4570GOVT Gordon.... 2012/11/03 02:26:26
    4570GOVT
    BINGO !
  • P®Φ₫!ĢҰ™ 2012/10/21 02:51:26
    P®Φ₫!ĢҰ™
    +5
    Hate to break it to you guys but polls mean nothing. This will be the biggest landslide in our history. McCain had a better chance of winning than this clown.
  • HappyGuy P®Φ₫!ĢҰ™ 2012/10/21 21:38:03
    HappyGuy
    +2
    Obama MUST LOSE IN ORDER FOR AMERICA TO BE SUCESSFUL
  • P®Φ₫!ĢҰ™ HappyGuy 2012/10/21 23:54:36
  • Gordon.... P®Φ₫!ĢҰ™ 2012/10/22 02:15:57
    Gordon.Peterson.9081
    +2
    Because Socialism has never worked, that's why.
  • Bilingu... Gordon.... 2012/10/22 02:40:09
    Bilingual required sucks
    +2
    It's working in Europe right now....where have you been?
  • HappyGuy Bilingu... 2012/10/22 03:10:05
    HappyGuy
    +1
    No it is not working in europe --what kind dope have you been smoking , Jack

2014/07/23 14:07:44