PUBLIC OPINION > Europeans Would Vote for Obama

Politics 2012/11/01 21:00:00
Say what you will about the presidential candidates, but public polls are cutting the 2012 presidential election as very close. So what if this election was being held in Europe? You don't have to take sides to speculate how other countries would vote. So we asked who the public thinks Europeans would vote for.

Political landscapes are always changing, but most respondents feel Europeans would go for Obama. Of course, some respondents noted that it's hard to lump together countries as diverse as Germany, Poland, Greece, Russia, and Sweden; but it's also hard to lump together fifty diverse states. Still, let's break it down a bit.

Europeans Speak

Sure, "the public" thinks Europe would vote for Obama, but what do Europeans think? And does it differ by country? Well, we didn't get votes for ever European country, but nearly all of the ones that did picked Obama. The only ones that didn't were Poland and Portugal. Overall, 88% of Europeans said they -- their continent, not the individual voter -- would pick Obama.

Liberals Are Sure of It

On the political front, there was actually a group more likely to say Europe was for Obama than Europeans were: Liberals. Nearly all liberal respondents felt Europe was pro-Obama, compared to just 60% of conservatives. Incidentally, this is the first political recap we've done where the majority of conservatives picked Obama.

Doubt From Young Adults

Usually, younger voters lean predominantly left, and this is especially true with college-aged voters. However, this time college-aged voters were one of the least likely age groups to say that Europe would pick Obama. They were still mostly convinced (74%), but people between the ages of 25 and 55 were much more likely.

If you'd like to vote on this question, dig deeper into the demographics, or engage in existing discussion about the topic, visit our poll about Europe and the election. We'd love to hear from you!

• Ryan 2012/11/02 00:02:30
    Ryan
    +23
    What do you expect? We have a president who wants America to be more like Europe rather than the free nation our Founding Fathers intended!

• Ginger 2013/04/11 02:13:39
    Ginger
    Europeans barely know your policy , mostly are socialists and for them its or a Democrat or a Republican , they see the Democrat near to their/our socialist one while they dont know a lot about Republicans , it has nothing to do with Obama , put
  • Okie Lady 2012/12/30 00:29:51
    Okie Lady
    Europeans would vote for the idiot! Then why would WE want him? Send him to any of the countries that are deluded enough to like him.
  • TidBit 2012/12/16 04:16:26
    TidBit
    +1
    .....and look at the mess europe is in (and America because look who's in office...OBAMA THE DESTROYER)!
  • OneLastWord 2012/12/15 19:48:00 (edited)
  • jesus.blanco.7792 2012/12/08 16:31:32
    jesus.blanco.7792
    +1
    they would vote 4 obama
  • knothead 2012/12/03 22:18:01
    knothead
    +2
    They are so used to socialism that they think Oscumo is the greatest. Boy do thay have plenty to learn. Wake up and smell the coffee!!!!!! Socialism and communism will kill you and leave you with absolutely NOTHING. Look at the former Soviet Union or Cuba for openers.
  • Mike W 2012/12/03 20:50:46
    Mike W
    +2
    So what? Europeans do a lot of stupid things that undermine their own freedom and security. There are a lot of European countries that are basically being taken over by fundamentalist muslims because the europeans are more worried about political correctness than doing what is right.
  • OneLast... Mike W 2012/12/15 19:49:34
    OneLastWord
    I agree, but we seem to be right behind them on that.
  • lclon 2012/11/10 04:45:29
    lclon
    +4
    Europeans don't have a lot of hate toward President Obama. They look at the way he has managed the affairs of America and they approve it. They look at the action rather than the man to determine their like for President Obama.
  • Mike W lclon 2012/12/03 20:54:18 (edited)
    Mike W
    +2
    The europeans are idiots, they want Obama as President because they see how weak he is and how he is leading US down the path of decline and weakness. They have some snobish euro elitest attitude that looks at the freedom and greatness of America with disdain and contempt even when we have time after time bailed their ass out. They see themselves as superior to US and want Obama to weaken America to suit their snobish beliefs. They want America brought down a notch or tow and they see Obama as the one to do it.
  • lclon Mike W 2012/12/04 02:08:20
    lclon
    +1
    Conservatives like you are idiots because you hate president Obama. and live in a country where you are not happy because he is President. Europeans will look at you and listen to your lies and call you ignorant and hateful.
  • Mike W lclon 2012/12/06 00:27:07
    Mike W
    +2
    show me senile liberal where anything Obama has done has made our country stronger economically or internationally . Everything he has done has allowed foes of the US to advance internationally and grow stronger, Russia exerting its will on it's former satelite countries which had hopes for freedom. Iran working towards an atom bomb and laughing at a weak US President while they do it. The taliban and other redical islamists returning to Iraq and Afghanistan while Obama is more concerned about appeasing a left wing base and retreating from countries which we were helping to free from thiology tyrannts all the while pissing on the brave sacrifice of our military. Internally he does nothing for this counmtry except devide US into splinter special interests groups and pander to each in order to stay in power. He looks at US in the terms of black, hispanic,gay, white, female and every other splinter demographio in order to lie and pander instead of AMERICANS . He has instilled government in the financial world taking control of all aspects of the US economy that he can either by BS Obamacare or by executive control, instead of free business owners. He does not want to lead america he only wants control over Americans. He is not a true american president he is a want to be tyrannt,...

show me senile liberal where anything Obama has done has made our country stronger economically or internationally . Everything he has done has allowed foes of the US to advance internationally and grow stronger, Russia exerting its will on it's former satelite countries which had hopes for freedom. Iran working towards an atom bomb and laughing at a weak US President while they do it. The taliban and other redical islamists returning to Iraq and Afghanistan while Obama is more concerned about appeasing a left wing base and retreating from countries which we were helping to free from thiology tyrannts all the while pissing on the brave sacrifice of our military. Internally he does nothing for this counmtry except devide US into splinter special interests groups and pander to each in order to stay in power. He looks at US in the terms of black, hispanic,gay, white, female and every other splinter demographio in order to lie and pander instead of AMERICANS . He has instilled government in the financial world taking control of all aspects of the US economy that he can either by BS Obamacare or by executive control, instead of free business owners. He does not want to lead america he only wants control over Americans. He is not a true american president he is a want to be tyrannt, and idiots like you look at a smile and think how nice this biracil president is INSTEAD of how he lies and what his actions have really done and what they will really do.

See if you can use fact and logic to answer me one question. I'll type slow so you can understand. Why if Obamare is so good , does Obama , his wife and his precious girls never have to go on it ? Or any other of the democrat demigouges who pushed this lie on us have to go on it????? And why does it not go into effect right away ? I'll give you a hint on the last part...(Because it will ruin healthcare in america and Obama would not be re eleceted if the voters eyes were open to the actuall functioning of Obamacare)
    Huh why ??? Answer the question or keep your ignorant superficial comments to yourself
  • lclon Mike W 2012/12/06 04:50:42
    lclon
    +1
    Keep on believing your lies. Liberals expect hateful conservatives to lie and tell fibs on everything the democrats and President do. Europe and every other countries have heard about how hateful those conservatives are toward President Obama.
  • Mike W lclon 2012/12/06 06:49:57
    Mike W
    +1
    Typical liberal, YOU DIDNT ANSWER the question with any facts or logic. BECASUE YOU CANT. Now if you cant honestly debate with any common sense keep your elitest fantasy world BS to yourself becasue you and other idiots like you are euining this country with your ignorance. WHERE is the money you want to piss away on all yourt hand out programs gonna come from. Your just like the homeless guy the NY cop helped with his own money, not with Obama money. You just cant get enough, scam every program out there and then keep asking for and giving away more of other people's hard earned money.
  • lclon Mike W 2012/12/09 02:23:19
    lclon
    I only answer or write what I want to. I don't abide by what others like you want me to abide by. Just keep lying if that pleases you.
  • Mike W lclon 2012/12/11 02:42:17
    Mike W
    +1
    Still didnt answer the simple question which you ignore so that you can keep believing that ignorant liberal point of view, because an honest answering of the question blows open the flawed basis of your philosophy. typical liberal
  • lclon Mike W 2012/12/12 03:43:05
    lclon
    Keep wishing.
  • Mike W lclon 2012/12/12 04:08:26
    Mike W
    +1
    Your failure to answer intelligently only proves my point and your fantasy world ignorance
  • lclon Mike W 2012/12/20 19:10:25
    lclon
    You can prove, make points, and do whatever you want to. That doesn't affect me. It only make you sound ignorant.
  • OneLast... lclon 2012/12/20 20:16:12
    OneLastWord
    +1
    "You can prove, make points, and do whatever you want to."
    "It only make you sound ignorant'

Stupidest statement I’ve ever heard.

Not making points, and not proving your statement is ignorant.
    Damn, that’s dumb. LMAO.
  • lclon OneLast... 2012/12/21 02:50:13
    lclon
    You are a sick soul. You need Jesus in your miserable life.
  • OneLast... lclon 2012/12/22 17:42:42 (edited)
    OneLastWord
    YOU need to get the RIGHT Jesus in YOUR life.

Your statements up and down here on S.H. indicates you’re a raciest, and I see you’ve been calling people idiots and other things just because you don’t agree with them.

What a hypocrite.

What is sad is you don't even know how stupid a woman you really are.

Anybody with an I.Q. of 105 can see this with your pitiful replies here on S.H. and your racial worship of Obama, who is just another man or politician.
  • lclon OneLast... 2012/12/27 00:44:43
    lclon
    I will not agree with any lying conservatives who lies on this site. You can call it whatever you want to. I will continue to call out lies and will continue to support President Obama and will call out racism when I detect it. I won't be stopped. You need to get a life and stop living in misery because President Obama is President. Get Jesus in your life and rely on Him to give you peace that surpasses all understanding.
  • Haole OneLast... 2013/02/06 02:31:16
    Haole
    Yeah I caught that too. that's what we are up against as Americans
  • Mike W lclon 2012/12/06 00:28:46
    Mike W
    +1
    Show mer where europe has done anything in the last century worth a crap where America didnt have to save their ass. hOW ARE THEY DOING ECONOMICLY RIGHT NOW GENIUS ?
  • lclon Mike W 2012/12/06 04:51:56
    lclon
    +1
    Go to Europe and see for yourself. Keep believeing your hateful lies and keep living in misery.
  • Mike W lclon 2012/12/06 06:52:49 (edited)
    Mike W
    +1
    Europe who the US has been protecting with US blood and treasure for all these years ? typical liberal still no facts or answers as to why europe is so superior to the US. Because they can't give out stuff fast enough ? Well liberal they have been giving out free stuff too fast and are struggling with not being able to support the socialist system and are on the verge of Bankrupcy becasue of liberal socialism promoted by liberal idiots. Go ahead tell me they are not on the verge of economic collapse......
  • lclon Mike W 2012/12/09 02:24:43
    lclon
    +1
    I care less about Europe. I live in America and I love living in America with President Obama being President. Keep up with your lies if that please you.
  • Mike W lclon 2012/12/11 02:43:12 (edited)
    Mike W
    +1
    Still didnt honestly answer the question.,,,, cant can you ? I imagone your next step in ignoring reality will be to block me....
  • lclon Mike W 2012/12/12 03:43:29
    lclon
    Keep wishing.
  • Mike W lclon 2012/12/12 04:09:48
    Mike W
    +1
    your just a society leech
  • lclon Mike W 2012/12/20 19:11:00
    lclon
    You wish. I am a child of the most high God.
  • OneLast... lclon 2012/12/15 19:58:54 (edited)
    OneLastWord
    +1
    Woe, wait a minute, how many times have you visited Europe?
    Well I have at least 30 times, mostly Western Europe, and there is an underling dislike and distain by them for Americans, he is telling you the truth, and all you can do is be blinded by Obama your messiah, and insult Mike.

I’ll bet you are most likely a Georgian, African American woman.

Also people that keep calling other people liars again, and again, are either mentally challenged or that's what they are,... liars.
  • lclon OneLast... 2012/12/20 19:15:43
    lclon
    Jesus doesn't like you making a God out of Obama. Jesus is the only Messiah. He is my Messiah. You can bet all you want to. I am a child of the most high God who made me because he loved me so. I detect lies and I called out liars who make those lies and I will continue doing so. You need Jesus as your Messiah, Lord, Savior and Master. Otherwise, you will find yourself on your way to Hell.
  • rbeas 2012/11/09 19:03:33 (edited)
    rbeas
    send them a provisional ballot. they dont count those either
  • Gone baby gone 2012/11/09 10:45:31
    Gone baby gone
    There is the "popular vote" of which is what is going on here on this blog,.. the electoral college is the stock market.. and they are voting Obama economics down..
  • janineA j 2012/11/08 15:25:52
    janineA j
    +1
    We know that Europeans resent America & are jealous they pine for the fall of America. Europe is obsolete now nothing worthwhile has come out of it in the last century. No more American handouts or military interventions for those Godless losers. Europe will always be a decayed backward mess.
  • Laura janineA j 2012/12/02 15:31:02
    Laura
    Read history.....what you are saying makes you look really stupid.
  • Mike W Laura 2012/12/06 00:33:29
    Mike W
    actually since the early 1900's she is right, in reading history. Who stared WWI and WW II and who had to finish it ? Who put a man on the moon / Who leads the world in health care innovation and cures (Until Obama began to choke that off) Who is (for now anyhow, until Obama chokes that off too) the economic power in the world where every third world socialist sh*t hole has to run to for bail outs ? AND that includes all those sh^tholes tyrannts and a$$holes at the UN who stab US in the back until they need are money,
  • dnvigerjr 2012/11/07 19:24:11
    dnvigerjr
    +2
    I can't stand Europeans, and will no longer ear French Fries!

2014/09/17 13:37:23