Protests Get Violent Across the Middle East Over Anti-Muslim Film: Should the Film Have Been Made?

AdriHead 2012/09/14 19:00:00
As if the death of U.S. Ambassador Chris Stevens and three other U.S. officials wasn't enough, violence continues in the Middle East in protest of an American-made, anti-Muslim film that portrays Prophet Mohammed as a womanizer, killer and child molester.

Clashes between protesters and security forces outside the U.S. Embassies in Tunisia, Egypt, Yemen and Sudan have resulted in a handful of deaths so far. Protesters continue to burn U.S. flags and attempt to storm U.S. Embassies across the Middle East.

Do you think the controversial film should have been made in the first place? Or was it a poor move considering the hyper-sensitive relationship between the East and West right now?

CBSNEWS.COM reports:
Clashes outside U.S. Embassies in Sudan, Tunisia and Cairo; At least 3 dead in demonstrations held in several nations after Friday prayers, as protesters denounce anti-Islamic film
3 dead demonstrations nations friday prayers protesters denounce anti-islamic film

Read More: http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-202_162-57512841/wides...

• Daryl 2012/09/14 20:02:19 (edited)
    I'm not sure
    Daryl
    +74
    1. It was not an 'anti-Muslim' film. It was a youtube clip critical of Mohammed.

2. The murders and riots are not anti-film, they are anti-US

3. The liberal narrative is to blame the movie because if they did not, it would lead them to the obvious conclusion: Obama's foreign policy of bow and scrape generates more violence against Americans.

Obama foreign policy failure

• Bear 2012/09/19 00:20:56
    I'm not sure
    Bear
    Really; there should never be a film against any religion, after all; Yahwea/God created man and then man created religion. However now is not the best time for a film about this.
  • Israel Bear 2012/09/20 19:52:14
  • drdos1943 Bear 2012/09/20 20:44:18
    drdos1943
    +1
    I posted this before.
    What would you think about this? What if a thousand filmmakers from countries all over the world made videos criticizing Islam and Mohammed and uploaded them to the Internet all on the same day, what would happen? Then do the same thing once a week thereafter.

The Muslims would be so exhausted from protesting, that they just might get the message of tolerance.
  • Albert Rogers 2012/09/18 23:42:27
    Yes, it's free speech
    Albert Rogers
    Free speech is not necessarily wise, tolerant, nor polite. I understand that the movie was indeed none of these. Whether the Prophet, peace be upon him, sinned in other ways I know not, but the question of whether his responsibility for killing idol-worshippers is good or evil is a question of faith.
    I in fact do not believe it was any worse than the murders committed by Ferdinand and Isabella when they took Spain from the Muslims.
    But I reckon such persecution to be endemic to religions as absolutist as either Islam or Christianity.
  • Pronatalist Pronatalist 2012/09/18 23:13:48
    Yes, it's free speech
    Pronatalist Pronatalist
    +3
    Yes, apparently, Islam has something to hide, that they are strangely refusing to fess up to?

And why blame an expose film anyway? It seems radical Muslims, like an excuse, any excuse, to cause trouble. If it wasn't this, they would have found something else. What a worthless and false and stupid and barbaric religion.
  • EllЕ Pronata... 2012/09/19 00:52:24 (edited)
    EllЕ
    +3
    .
    .
    These riots show true colors of Muslims.
    .
    .
    Australia

riots true colors muslims

Kashmir (university of)

riots true colors muslims australia kashmir university

Indonesia

riots true colors muslims australia kashmir university indonesia

Australia

riots true colors muslims

...

riots true colors muslims httpspbs twimg commediaa
  • Pronata... EllЕ 2012/09/19 01:26:32
    Pronatalist Pronatalist
    And they commit child abuse, having little children holding such hateful signs, that they probably can't even read yet.

BTW, why aren't we having more children? Do we actually want radical Muslims taking over the world?

pregnant belly painting

pregnant belly painting

large families babies
  • aRcaNum69 Pronata... 2012/09/19 05:12:59
    aRcaNum69
    +1
    Dude, right on.. It's really good to see some brains on display.
  • Pronata... aRcaNum69 2012/09/19 06:22:00
    Pronatalist Pronatalist
    One thing I believe I should NOT criticize Muslims for, is for actually obeying God, and allowing their babies to push out freely. I believe it very good, if at all possible, that more and more people have the wonderful opportunity to experience life.

But rather than criticize other people for obeying God, shouldn't we also obey God? If Muslims apparently think they have, or assert their God-given right to "multiply like rabbits," can't we also do that? Besides, many guys don't like to use condoms anyway. We can still have more human life upon the planet, without so many people being born only into the Muslim cult. There are lots of other good reasons for letting families grow naturally large, than just "it's the old traditional way." What about respect for nature and the immense and sacred value of each and every human life? There's so many reasons that people can cite, as to why to not take "precautions" against the prospect that natural sexual acts may cause human life to spread prolifically.

large population good
  • aRcaNum69 Pronata... 2012/09/19 19:14:56
    aRcaNum69
    +1
    Yes but the average non Muslim, Latinos excluded have 1.8 kids. At that rate our population is in decline to extinction. While Muslims take 4 wives typically and have two to three kids per wife. We are doomed at those rates. And where the rest of the population is only allowed by law one wife, the Muslims are granted concession and are legally allowed to take four.
  • Pronata... aRcaNum69 2012/09/20 05:13:35
    Pronatalist Pronatalist
    So how exactly are we doomed, by Muslims actually obeying God, in being fruitful and multiplying and filling the earth? God didn't make what populates the planet, pleasurable enough for us, so we think it's such a chore to allow a baby to conceive?

Perhaps where we are doomed, as you say, is that those greedy Muslims are snatching up all the women, with their polygamy, and not leaving enough women left, for the rest of us to marry?
  • Israel Pronata... 2012/09/20 19:59:13
  • Pronata... Israel 2012/09/21 05:29:42
    Pronatalist Pronatalist
    To claim human "overpopulation," is to imply that each and every human life is not of immense value and is not sacred, which is wrong. I don't believe such a thing, but that children are a wondrous blessing from God.

We do NOT need to reduce birthrate, for there's lots of places most everywhere, where we could put lots more people.

Now yeah, Islam is a barbaric religion, certainly not true. How come they don't accept the Bible as the scripture to follow? How come they don't want to know the truth about Mohammad? And certainly polygamy could be complicated or have problems.

But there's nothing wrong with responsibly married couples, respecting the natural reproductive rhythm of their bodies, and welcoming babies to push out freely, naturally, without any means of "birth control." More and more people would be glad to live, and with just 1 wife to a man, typical family size is around 5 or 6 children.

So why are we inviting Muslims to take over, with our weak and immoral cultures, and our pitifully-low birthrates?
  • aRcaNum69 Pronata... 2012/09/21 21:52:20
    aRcaNum69
    +1
    Our culture is not immoral yor dead wrong but Yes the European and Western birthrates are incredibly low. Because it's harder to get ahead now so both parents work and that doesn't leave time for a lot of children. Muslims don't work, they live on the dole. So they have plenty of time to raise their brood.
  • Israel aRcaNum69 2012/09/21 23:15:42
  • Pronata... aRcaNum69 2012/09/22 05:27:11
    Pronatalist Pronatalist
    No, I don't think it's quite that simple, or quite the way you say. What you cited is a contributing factor, but not the real reason. Seems like the Duggars, and their 19 children, are all white. Suggesting that it probably isn't a genetic problem, but that our appallingly low birthrate, is caused by our own unquestioning acceptance of RAMPANT CONTRACEPTIVE PUSHING. Can you imagine how the white "minority" population would naturally soar, if for some reason, there was a great revival, people felt the call to be match-makers, and we started marrying young and pushing out our babies without any means of "birth control," not even rhythm nor "pulling out," because we came to believe that large families, are a great treasure to seek?

Yes, we need some financial reforms, but waiting for these means we do little or nothing in the meantime, so nothing gets reformed. Ending the government welfare state, would also take the burden off of families, create more high-paying good jobs, and end that "unfair advantage" that "living on the dole" Muslims seem to have found.

We may have to consider some material sacrifice, such as actually building our own larger homes, or asking ourselves whether it's more blessed to have a naturally-large family crammed into a single-wide trailer, or a big house...

We may have to consider some material sacrifice, such as actually building our own larger homes, or asking ourselves whether it's more blessed to have a naturally-large family crammed into a single-wide trailer, or a big house that is mostly empty due to too few children?

Some families feel a need to end the "2nd wage earner," and to have a Stay-At-Home Mom, but aren't in a very good financial position yet, to do so. One suggestion I have heard is, start budgeting for the one income only, while reducing debt and bills, so as to make it a reality of actually soon reaching that goal. And of course, much prayer about it.
  • aRcaNum69 Pronata... 2012/09/20 21:59:41 (edited)
    aRcaNum69
    +1
    You obviously missed the extinction part. At our birth rates our society will go the way of the dinosaurs. Not snatching women ding dong. I don't want a Muslim chic. We go extinct, they multiply. So unless you have at least 4 children your family does not exist in three generations. What's so hard to follow about that?
  • Pronata... aRcaNum69 2012/09/21 05:34:02
    Pronatalist Pronatalist
    Well I certainly agree with encouraging families everywhere, to have 4 or more children.

But I think polygamy is too complicated for me anyway. It's hard enough to maintain a proper relationship with 1 wife, let alone 4. Not all of us are rich kings, or lady magnets. Is polygamy even moral?

All the children I could possibly conceive with 1 wife, shouldn't be all that "too many." But if I had 4 or more wives, would I even be able to remember the names of all the children? And wouldn't it be a little complicated, trying to maintain the schedule of which wife to sleep with each night? Maybe just go with 7 wives, that way, you can have a wife for each day of the week?
  • aRcaNum69 Pronata... 2012/09/21 21:46:22 (edited)
  • Israel aRcaNum69 2012/09/21 23:17:19
  • Pronata... aRcaNum69 2012/09/22 05:33:55
    Pronatalist Pronatalist
    Men should be more than just baby-making studs. They should also be good and loving fathers.

If Muslim culture seems to be so dominant, then why not also ask why, our culture seems to be so weak? Who really reads and believes their Bibles anymore? Surely, that is not an adequate way to treat the God who we claim to believe in? Now how hard can it really be, to put a little more effort into reading the Bible and prayer? Just shut the TV off, and you will have several more hours in each day, and a clearer mind to boot.

tv brainwashing

tv brainwashing

tv brainwashing
  • Israel aRcaNum69 2012/09/20 19:54:59
  • aRcaNum69 Israel 2012/09/20 22:01:43
    aRcaNum69
    +2
    You haven't read most of my posts. Although I'm liberal I'm deeply involved in this creeping sharia threat. We need to take it seriously and do something about it.
  • Israel aRcaNum69 2012/09/20 23:28:54
  • aRcaNum69 Israel 2012/09/21 00:21:13
    aRcaNum69
    +1
    There's more of us than you think. But really I'm a very center independent. I think which ever political side your on has total nuts at the far ends. I've voted both ways almost evenly. I have both liberal and conservative views but the Repubs have fractured too much right now for me to consider them. If you guys put up a Jon Huntsman I'd be in a tough position for my vote. Anyways were all American and I will lay down my life for your rights.
  • aRcaNum69 Israel 2012/09/21 00:30:02
    aRcaNum69
    +1
    I call myself a total lib to draw fire.
  • Israel Pronata... 2012/09/20 19:54:25
  • Pronata... Israel 2012/09/21 05:38:03
    Pronatalist Pronatalist
    Well of course I wouldn't argue with that. That the Muslims won't even use a proper accepted name for God, certainly gives it away. Do Muslims ever refer to Adonai, or Elohim, Yahweh, or any name at all that Christians or Jews might use?

But I do think "Allah" is supposed to start with a capital letter, for it is a proper name, even if it is that of a false god.
  • Israel Pronata... 2012/09/21 23:19:53
  • Pronata... Israel 2012/09/22 05:43:00 (edited)
    Pronatalist Pronatalist
    Well I certainly agree with stripping scumbags like tyrant Obama, of the title of "President," because how can he possible be "President" when he was NOT born in this country and is not eligible to run for the office of "President." So what else can he be, but an imposter, liar, or tyrant? He is NOT worthy of the title of "President," as we currently, apparently, have no President.

But what I am still wondering, do we accomplish anything, by violating the laws of English? Can you not find some other way to "disrespect" Allah? One idea that comes to mind. During the Jewish and Messianic Purim plays, retelling the story from the Book of Ester, we Messianics make much noise to drown out any mention of the name of Haman, because we want to erase him from history. Part of the "fun" of the play too, I suppose? So what would be valid, is to "gray out" any typed reference to Allah. However, do we have any stylized text or manual HTML coding access here on Sodahead? Or you could do [strike]Allah[/strike]. (Use greater-than and less-than symbols. I tried, but SH server stripped out my HTML coding.) On another forum when I have composed polls, I quite often "gray out" "wrong" answers. Oh, you can still vote "wrong," but you are already warned that you are an idiot if you do so.
  • Israel Pronata... 2012/09/22 13:42:18
  • Pronata... Israel 2012/09/23 10:39:35
    Pronatalist Pronatalist
    +1
    Expose the lies, with the truth. A little tricky to do, in a world, where not many really seek God, and do the work, to uncover the truth.

Study the "conspiracy theories," because "1000s of people can't keep a secret."
  • Israel Pronata... 2012/09/23 10:55:37
  • Pronata... Israel 2012/09/23 22:10:20
    Pronatalist Pronatalist
    +1
    The supposed benefit of lying diminishes, as everybody finds out that you are a liar. Isn't that then a weakness of Islam? Why not educate everybody, to understand better, what liars Muslims are?

A friend told me that the Koran is a book of spiritual pornography, written by a victim of abuse. Does not anybody read the Koran, to see why it should not even be considered to be a "holy" book?

People, stop going with the crowd, stop believing the lies, and do your own diligent research, so that you can know the truth, and set people free.
  • Israel Pronata... 2012/09/23 22:46:23
  • Pronata... Israel 2012/09/24 02:38:38
    Pronatalist Pronatalist
    So what good are these corrupt governments then? We should organize into a huge taxes boycott. And what for do we need a military, if it exists to do the bidding of the New World Order criminal elitists, rather than defend us from possibly real enemies such as radical Muslims.

However, if 9-11 was an inside job, that sort of lets Muslims off-the-hook, for at least that.

9 11 was an inside job

9 11 was an inside job

9 11 was an inside job

9 11 was an inside job

So why would government do such evil to us? Research "false flags" in history, and it will start to make sense.
  • Israel Pronata... 2012/09/24 08:47:28
  • aRcaNum69 EllЕ 2012/09/21 00:11:45
    aRcaNum69
    +2
    Truly disgusting.
  • WRLO56 2012/09/18 22:44:10
    Yes, it's free speech
    WRLO56
    +4
    Oh, yeah, right - let's respond to a bunch of murderous religious fanatics by apologizing for offending them. THAT won't encourage them in the slightest, will it?
  • evangel... WRLO56 2012/09/18 23:04:35

2014/07/28 12:22:51