Protesters disrupt John Boehner’s golf game in Newport Beach What is he doing playing golf instead of working to get america back on track

cut and paste king 2012/12/04 21:53:51
A weekend of worldwide protest spilled over into Orange County on Monday as about 40 left-leaning activists protested House Speaker John Boehner's visit to the Pelican Hill Golf Club in Newport Beach.

"He knows he can't go anywhere without the people going with him," said Rick Jacobs, founder of the Courage Campaign, a progressive group. "I hope that even while he's up there, raking in millions in cash, he knows there's people here and everywhere. We're going to make clear that this isn't a funny time anymore. This is a real time. It's time for him to get busy on jobs and not on his golf game."

Jacobs and nearly 50 others drummed, chanted and — with the help of bullhorns — shouted the morning away on Pelican Hill Road, a quiet street off Newport Coast Drive, where the Orange County GOP was holding its Reagan Cup golf tournament, the Daily Pilot reported.

They were calling for Boehner and Republicans to approve President Obama's $447-billion jobs bill, which stalled last week in the Senate.

Under the guise of having a tee time Monday morning, Jacobs was able to get into the golf clubhouse and speak with the Ohio representative and Republican leader.

He said he tapped the speaker on the shoulder. Boehner then turned and smiled until Jacobs said he was actually with the Courage Campaign, at which time Boehner turned and walked away.

Jacobs was trying to hand him an online petition signed by more than 26,000 people that called for Republicans to move the jobs bill forward; however Boehner's assistants took it.

"Speaker Boehner always appreciates hearing the concerns and opinions of all Americans, and he'll continue working to find areas of common ground where Democrats and Republicans can come together to help create jobs," said Cory Fritz, Boehner's communications director.

• Spy Master 2012/12/05 01:17:10
    Spy Master
    Better hitting a ball with a club; than Obama's head.
    I hope Obama has a good time in Hawaii on vacation till after the turn of the year...
    give it a rest..Obama; joke of the US Presidency..
  • cut and... Spy Master 2012/12/05 02:38:06
    cut and paste king
    +1
    Why dont you google how the u,s economy was in dec 2008 and. How is the economy on dec 2012 and tell me that again
  • Spy Master cut and... 2012/12/05 13:36:23 (edited)
    Spy Master
    I don't need to google a damn thing sir..you need to wake up; and by the way; you all owned the Congress; not the GOP...in 2008
    You need to Wake Up; and quit following a "pretend" black leader...
    you are SO deaf; dumb and blind
  • cut and... Spy Master 2012/12/05 13:53:27
    cut and paste king
    So what. You guys own the congress for the past 2 years
  • cut and... Spy Master 2012/12/05 13:52:04
    cut and paste king
    This country is better off today than it was in december 4 years ago thanks to president Barack Obama
  • Studied 2012/12/04 23:47:00
    Studied
    Pardon me, but what is Obama doing playing golf and flying around the country instead of working seriously on the problem?
  • cut and... Studied 2012/12/05 00:16:04
    cut and paste king
    What day ? Yesterday ?Last week? Or is just your mouth running with no proof
  • Studied cut and... 2012/12/05 14:28:18
    Studied
    You should really keep your mouth shut when you do not know what you are talking about. Here are the dates for you to check on. 11/10/12 - 11/23/12 - 12/1/12. Add to that his continued campaigning instead of staying and negotiatioing. The facts are the facts and will not go away no matter how much you folks try to deny them. This country needs to reposess Air Force One forcing this president to DO HIS JOB.
  • cut and... Studied 2012/12/05 14:35:47
  • Studied cut and... 2012/12/05 23:51:37
    Studied
    Idiot? Did I mention Romney? NO, I answered your question. The truth is the truth and for some reason you folks are still mad and continue to use foul language. Just what in the world are you so angry about? Your guy won. Again, I will say, Obama needs to be the one negotiating not Geithner. Since when does the Treasury Secretary negotiate? Never! Time to learn how this country really is supposed to run. For goodness sake, Obama is our president, I do not want him missing in action, I want him on the job.
  • cut and... Studied 2012/12/05 23:58:25
    cut and paste king
    When did geithner negociated with boehner ? Never heard of that get your facts straight pachuco
  • RogerCoppock 2012/12/04 23:20:07
    RogerCoppock
    +1
    Boehner gets protested. Who would of thought of that? Snicker! Snicker!
  • **StarzAbove** 2012/12/04 23:04:18
    **StarzAbove**
    +2
    If that were the President we would never hear the end of it and poll after poll would be going up on Sodahead. Now wonder what they'll say about one of their own. Why isn't he working to get the fiscal cliff averted? Huh, what say all you haters of the president?
  • cut and... **Starz... 2012/12/04 23:07:59
    cut and paste king
    +3
    A man with a tan all year round tan year
  • **Starz... cut and... 2012/12/04 23:14:37
    **StarzAbove**
    +2
    Right......so we know he's out there golfing or using a tanning booth. He sure can't get that tan in Ohio or D.C. boehner tanning booth
  • JustBeingAtPeace 2012/12/04 22:29:33
    JustBeingAtPeace
    +1
    I could swear I had to go through at least 3 posts about Obama going on vacation and when I came up on this I was like "Go figure, both sides do odd things at bad times".
  • The Elitist Libtard SodaJerk 2012/12/04 22:00:47
    The Elitist Libtard SodaJerk
    +4
    Heavens forbid if that were President Obama on the Golf Course can you imagine the posts? And I already know he played Golf with Bill Clinton the other day. However, I have a feeling the game was a front for the advice from the last president who oversaw a successful economy.
  • Studied The Eli... 2012/12/04 23:48:54
    Studied
    Too bad he doesn't take some of Clinton's advice. Clinton knew how to work with both sides of the aisle, Obama never will.
  • The Eli... Studied 2012/12/05 06:10:17
    The Elitist Libtard SodaJerk
    +1
    Yeah Clinton's experience with His Republican Congress was smooth sailing. That's how I remember it happening too.
  • Studied The Eli... 2012/12/05 14:31:06
    Studied
    I did not say it was smooth sailing, it never is no matter who the president is, but WE The People hire the president to fix things and no one ever thought it would be easy. This president acts like a bully and then expects everyone to do everything he wants. He needs to grow up and realize NO ONE elected him to be king. I just want him to grow up and do the job he was hired for.
  • The Eli... Studied 2012/12/05 22:36:53
    The Elitist Libtard SodaJerk
    You didn't say it was smooth sailing, But you implied that the thematic elements under speaker Gingrich were easier. When it comes to reaching across the aisle, Liberals lambasted President Obama for him trying to coddle republicans in his first term. It wasn't until after the Debt ceiling insanity when the President broke his denial about the obstructionism and the filibuster of everything. Kings aren't elected. You want him to grow up and do the job he was hired for. How bout telling the HOR to grow up and accept the fact that they lost the election (by alot) And what he's aspiring to do shouldn't come as a surprise since he campaigned on it.
  • Studied The Eli... 2012/12/05 23:53:42
    Studied
    No I merely stated they worked together. Do not put words in my mouth. Right they lost, but now once again the football has been moved and much more is being demanded that what Obama ran on.
  • The Eli... Studied 2012/12/06 00:21:34
    The Elitist Libtard SodaJerk
    Back then they did work together, something has definitely changed over the years. Of course a lot will be demanded of him, he's the freaking President. The Onion was only half kidding when the called it the worst job ever. The Fiscal Cliff is just the immediate thing to deal with, and is a consequence of the Debt ceiling. President Obama isn't the only person we expect more out of than we're used to getting.
  • cut and paste king 2012/12/04 21:57:42
    cut and paste king
    +7
    The bastard is always on vacation with a 365 day tan or playing golf with his lobyst
  • cut and paste king 2012/12/04 21:55:16
  • Studied cut and... 2012/12/04 23:49:22
    Studied
    Go protest the president!
  • cut and... Studied 2012/12/05 07:40:21
  • Studied cut and... 2012/12/05 14:31:53
    Studied
    OOOOH! So Scarry! Dumb
  • cut and... Studied 2012/12/05 14:36:45
    cut and paste king
    Shut up and go kiss obamas ass boy
  • Studied cut and... 2012/12/05 23:54:24
    Studied
    So I guess freedom of speech only pretains to the Obama supporters.

2014/10/24 07:56:43