Prosecutor Will Not Use Grand Jury in George Zimmerman Case: Smart or Sketchy?

Special prosecutor Angela Corey has announced that she will not use a grand jury to decide whether or not indict George Zimmerman, the man who fatally shot Trayvon Martin, ABC News reports. She says a grand jury will not be necessary in making the decision and assures the public, "The decision should not be considered a factor in the final determination of the case."

Analysts are calling Corey's decision "bold" and "shocking" because grand juries can be used as political cover in controversial cases. Prosecutors can shift the burden of the decision (in this case, whether or not to indict Zimmerman) onto the jury to avoid public scrutiny. Some suspect the reason she bypassed a grand jury in the George Zimmerman / Trayvon Martin case was to block racial agendas that have developed around the case in either direction. But was it the right move?

• C. C. Rider 2012/04/10 15:45:49 (edited)
    Smart
    C. C. Rider
    +32
    NOTICE ZIMMERMAN HAS BEEN ARRESTED ON 2nd DEGREE MURDER WITH NO BAIL

Smart. She is going straight for the arrest and not waste time and our tax payers money on this racist murderer.

zimmerman racist murderer zimmerman racist murderer

• S123 Nica24 2012/04/10 16:58:02
    S123
    +5
    Arn't juvenile offender records for minors?
  • critter171 Nica24 2012/04/10 17:44:50
    critter171
    +1
    someone has no clue what a record is i would look up the would juvenile if i were you nice24... since you have no common sense
  • Geenie ... Nica24 2012/04/10 15:43:39
    Geenie Nabottle
    +8
    Really, you think a school suspension is a criminal charge?!?

You want to know what REAL CRIMINAL CHARGES look like?
    -Felony assault of a police officer
    -Domestic abuse charges
    -Providing ILLEGAL SECURITY for ILLEGAL PARTIES, that provided drugs & alcohol to minors
    -Contributing to the delenqucy of a minor by providing alcohol to a minor

While not criminal here is what a violent past looks like:
    -Fired from job as security job because the person is unstable, aggressive and a liability to the business
    -Throwing a woman across the room and spraining her ankle in a fit of unwarranted rage

Who is this criminally violent person you ask????
    Why one Mr. G. Zimmerman aka JEYKLL & HYDE!!!!
    Zimmerman
  • Nica24 Geenie ... 2012/04/10 15:57:30
    Nica24
    +2
    I'm just going to direct you to below instead of wasting my energy. WhiteWulf posted exactly what I was thinking & needed to be posted. Scroll down, will the real Mr. Martin please stand up!!!
  • Geenie ... Nica24 2012/04/10 16:20:52
    Geenie Nabottle
    +2
    Ohhhh I see, you are just another sheeple incapable of independent thought, so you just parrot misinformation that others post...... Awwww that's so cute NOT!
  • Nica24 Geenie ... 2012/04/10 16:43:02 (edited)
    Nica24
    +2
    No. I just think your wasted energy. No use in talking to a brain dead person;)
  • Geenie ... Nica24 2012/04/10 16:54:15
    Geenie Nabottle
    +3
    So is that why you have yet to display a single independent thought?

Awww, make sure you wear your little helmet, when you go outside oh-kay. I wouldn't want you to hurt your soft spot on your head anymore than you already have.
    Crank tankers puppet yayy
  • alun.pa... Nica24 2012/04/10 19:11:10
    alun.palmer
    +1
    And you think with a user name like WhiteWulf this person is not a Nazi - think again
  • Singerar Geenie ... 2012/04/11 02:42:10
    Singerar
    +1
    Exactly. Zimmerman had all these charges yet was cleared by his father...the Judge. If they had proceeded in prosecuting him like a normal criminal, we wouldn't be mourning another child shot in cold blood.
  • Bella Nica24 2012/04/10 16:00:56
    Bella
    +4
    Nope, the teen had no criminal history
  • chgo Nica24 2012/04/10 16:32:26
    chgo
    +2
    No. he didn't, you DA. how about you actually take the time to research the incident for a change?
  • Nica24 chgo 2012/04/10 16:35:32
    Nica24
    I have. That's why I have a brain. I think you should take your own advice.
  • chgo Nica24 2012/04/10 16:40:15
    chgo
    +2
    No, you don't have one. You seem to be really challenged upstairs.
  • chgo Nica24 2012/04/10 16:39:03
    chgo
    +2
    Zimmerman was stalking him.

Trayvon Martin has no criminal record.
    http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-5...
    George Zimmerman's story about Trayvon tackling him and beating him in the face and bashing his head into the pavement are complete lies, and here's why:

If Zimmerman had been punched in the face repeatedly (claiming a broken nose) and had his head bashed into the pavement, then he would have marks on him. The cops that processed him would, by standard procedure, have worn gloves if there was blood present on his body. Here is a security video from the police station when he was processed: no gloves on the cops, and you can clearly see that he has no bruises or cuts on his face or the back of his head: http://abcnews.go.com/US/vide...

Also, if Zimmerman shot Trayvon from the ground as he claims, with Trayvon on top of him, then he would have been covered in the kids blood, again requiring the cops to wear gloves. No gloves means no blood, which means he was a safe distance from the kid when he pulled the trigger.

Lastly, when you punch someone your knuckles take damage from that impact as well: bruising, cuts, etc. The funeral director testified that he saw no injuries whatsoever on Trayvon's hands and knuckles: http://www.hlntv.com/article/...

Zimmerman killed this kid i...
    Zimmerman was stalking him.
    zimmerman racist murderer

Trayvon Martin has no criminal record.
    http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-5...

Zimmerman killed this kid in cold blood, he was never in any danger and this evidence proves that. If someone tells you different, remember this post.
  • Nica24 chgo 2012/04/10 16:41:42
    Nica24
    +1
    Media puppet...sigh....
  • chgo Nica24 2012/04/10 16:45:25 (edited)
    chgo
    +3
    the Mentally deranged...sigh....
  • Geenie ... Nica24 2012/04/10 16:59:15
    Geenie Nabottle
    +4
    Oh yeah, stupid media right? They are never as reliable as the voices in your head right!

LMAO!!! You are such a joke!
  • smitty Geenie ... 2012/04/10 19:28:07
    smitty
    Oh yeah NBC was perfect in their "reporting"
  • Geenie ... smitty 2012/04/10 19:35:51
    Geenie Nabottle
    +1
    Yeah because editing a tape changes what happened on 2/26/12. If only NBC had not edited that tape TRAYVON MARTIN would still be alive today....

(((your red herring is a bit rotten)))
  • smitty Geenie ... 2012/04/10 19:39:45 (edited)
    smitty
    What's rotten about it? Most of what the people are speculating was brought to them by the media. The media has a horrible reputation with facts.

That is my point.

You know innocent before proven guilty? Or have we forgotten.
  • Geenie ... smitty 2012/04/10 19:43:51
    Geenie Nabottle
    +1
    You know innocent before proven guilty would apply to TM as well... Or have YOU forgotten.
  • smitty Geenie ... 2012/04/10 19:46:53 (edited)
    smitty
    That's why we have to wait... The media isn;t gonna give it to you straight. We will find out through the court process. If it so that TM did nothing wrong then the other dude will be sent to prison.

It seems you have already judged the other guy. You weren;t there. You can't possibly know. The other can... What he has to offer is 100x more important than what you speculate.. even if it is lies.
  • Geenie ... smitty 2012/04/11 15:36:32
    Geenie Nabottle
    Oh so I should rely on the comments section for my news then?? Seriously, where do you get your news from, if not the "media"?!?

And call me all "judge-y" if you like, but yes I do think there is more than enough information to arrest this guy!!! I never said what punishment or spoke on his guilt..... I SAID ARREST HIM!

In the state of Florida if you shoot a dog, the police has grounds to arrest you for animal cruelty. You mean to tell me if you shoot another human, the law is soo murky that they are not sure if they can arrest him?!?

And I think WE ALL KNOW that GZ SHOT AND KILLED TM. Or are you saying there is a question as to whether or not, what TM shot himself?!?

Where is your moral compass BTW, where you think that lies are a good thing?
  • smitty Geenie ... 2012/04/11 17:21:40
    smitty
    What are you going to arrest him for? Apparently the facts so far lead to him not being a threat or he would be arrested.

Sure.. let's just arrest everyone.

If you shoot a person out of self defense, yes they won't arrest hime. Apparently you are too stupid to understand that. That's okay stupid people are allowed to be stupid.
  • Geenie ... smitty 2012/04/11 18:53:29
    Geenie Nabottle
    Yes let's arrest anyone who shoots and kills another human being.

And we will see this afternoon when the FL prosecutor holds that press conference to announce his charges and arrest today!!

BREAKING NEWS- Prosecutor Angela Corey announces that she is prepared to announce her decision this evening at 6pm et.
  • smitty Geenie ... 2012/04/11 19:05:54 (edited)
    smitty
    That's fine. That is what I happen to be all about. Let the dang courts decide it instead of raking the dude through the coal. Wait.. and then rake him if you so choose.

Personally I don;t find it breaking news.. but whatever.
  • Geenie ... smitty 2012/04/12 06:13:02
    Geenie Nabottle
    Oh and looks like the question you asked of "What are you going to arrest him for?" has been answered!

Second Degree Murder is what he HAS BEEN arrested for!
  • smitty Geenie ... 2012/04/12 12:42:57
    smitty
    yup, I heard on the radio. Let the courts play it out. That is what they are there for. Unless you have some inside knowledge of the case or where there at that precise moment.

We can always look at the Duke Lacrose team and that case as well. Yeah right..
  • Geenie ... smitty 2012/04/13 19:17:22
    Geenie Nabottle
    How exactly is the duke lacrosse case even remotely similar??

You just sound silly grasping at thin air to justify your obviously fallacious premise you've espoused.
  • smitty Geenie ... 2012/04/13 19:49:11
    smitty
    Oh wait.. do you even know about that case? If you have to ask... then I doubt you know.
  • Geenie ... smitty 2012/04/14 00:00:36 (edited)
    Geenie Nabottle
    Sorry Charlie I know quite a lot about that case.... I'm really interested in reading how you think these cases are similar???

I'll help you and start it out...
    Duke case
    - no one was killed
    - justice system worked those boys names were cleared
    - woman who accused them was proven to be not credible and a total loon to boot. I believe she is in jail now for stabbing her boyfriend.

TM/GZ case
    -TM was shot & killed by GZ
    - justice system was not working as GZ was initially allowed to walk scott free after taking a life despite contridictory evidence being available to contridict his self defense claim
    - GZ has a documented violent criminal past

I hope you are going to save face and say something like both GZ & the lady who wrongly accused those boys of rape were both pathological liars and don't take responsibility for their actions.
  • smitty Geenie ... 2012/04/14 19:01:53
    smitty
    Newp..

Similarities.

Blacks cried racism. even though gz was Hispanic.

The media blasted the accused without a trial. They were both shown as the "evil" white guy.

One thing I will agree with. They should have arrested him on the spot. He turned himself in and did not run. Now let the courts decide. On a side note, I think the kid parent's are admirable in their spirits.
  • Geenie ... smitty 2012/04/15 08:05:33
    Geenie Nabottle
    Oh I get it, you are some kind of race baiter that does look at the issue or scenario. You are just fixiated on race and who is speaking up for whom.

And I dont know who told you that prejudice and racisim only exists between black and white people, but they told you wrong.
  • smitty Geenie ... 2012/04/16 12:38:18
    smitty
    Oh yeah. You got me. You are so smart. A genuis. You make Einstein look like a baby. Way to go.
  • Elementer Nica24 2012/04/10 17:18:50
    Elementer
    +3
    I raved your status because you're so blissfully ignorant. Martin didn't have a criminal record. Otherwise he'd have a juvenile record.
  • JulieSo... Nica24 2012/04/10 17:50:58
    JulieSomeone
    +1
    And ya know this how? Ya wanna come shoot me too? I was suspended from HS for going to school drunk. Heck, i was a total bad azz..i stole a candy bar and stole cigarettes, as a child!! wanna come shoot me?
  • smitty JulieSo... 2012/04/10 19:28:36
    smitty
    Not a bad azz, just a fool.
  • Singerar Nica24 2012/04/11 02:42:45
    Singerar
    No he didn't. Goggle it. I can show you if you can't find it. Really, no problem.
  • Charles... critter171 2012/04/10 18:09:59 (edited)
    Charles Eldredge
    He also is not the innocent child the media and his family portrayed. Let's tell the WHOLE story please. See his school record and fb page.
  • critter171 Charles... 2012/04/10 19:03:51
    critter171
    +1
    let me ask you something charles is any child going to be innocnet? get over it what did martin do wrong that day please tell me.

2014/07/29 23:11:14