Prosecutor Will Not Use Grand Jury in George Zimmerman Case: Smart or Sketchy?

SodaHead News 2012/04/10 13:00:00
Special prosecutor Angela Corey has announced that she will not use a grand jury to decide whether or not indict George Zimmerman, the man who fatally shot Trayvon Martin, ABC News reports. She says a grand jury will not be necessary in making the decision and assures the public, "The decision should not be considered a factor in the final determination of the case."

Analysts are calling Corey's decision "bold" and "shocking" because grand juries can be used as political cover in controversial cases. Prosecutors can shift the burden of the decision (in this case, whether or not to indict Zimmerman) onto the jury to avoid public scrutiny. Some suspect the reason she bypassed a grand jury in the George Zimmerman / Trayvon Martin case was to block racial agendas that have developed around the case in either direction. But was it the right move?

angela corey

• C. C. Rider 2012/04/10 15:45:49 (edited)
    Smart
    C. C. Rider
    +32
    NOTICE ZIMMERMAN HAS BEEN ARRESTED ON 2nd DEGREE MURDER WITH NO BAIL

Smart. She is going straight for the arrest and not waste time and our tax payers money on this racist murderer.

zimmerman racist murderer zimmerman racist murderer

• Kern EdVenture 2012/04/11 07:14:24
    Kern
    +3
    You are correct. This incident went without due dilligence.
  • Franklin EdVenture 2012/04/11 12:21:51
    Franklin
    +2
    BS - the MEDIA reporting an "innocent little boy shot by a white man" created this . Those are not the facts of the case but no one cares about the facts as they get in the way of the agenda - Black congress
  • EdVenture Franklin 2012/04/11 12:42:25
    EdVenture
    Dear Frankli, IMHO, the resulting traction of this tradgedy was self inflicted at a time and place where tensions have already been elevated by systemic shortfalls and probably other injustices abroad. This is not a conspiracy its a call to justice!
  • Franklin EdVenture 2012/04/11 14:25:20
    Franklin
    +2
    your ideas of MOB justice are evil and self serving - make your move liberal , we are waiting for your attack on the constitution ....Trayvon has nothing to do with any of this he is just the poster child for a fight to take away the second amendment ...systematic shortfalls ? now what would those be , to many Black people breaking laws and going to jail for it ????? Society has no room for your hate and will reject it-
  • EdVenture Franklin 2012/04/11 15:01:48
    EdVenture
    Franklin, This is not about Trayvon, he was the victim, nor is it about 2nd amendment, An admittedly, the law was written poorly and may need to be tweaked so that justice can be served not circumvented, sep issue. Lets not stop putting up stop signs where their needed. Perhaps you feel vigilante-ism is your answer. The authorities need to step up to the plate!
  • Franklin Kern 2012/04/11 12:19:44
    Franklin
    +3
    read the bill before shooting your mouth off ! your being a tool , the MEDIA has been playing lose with the facts on this case + Blacks need a race case in this election .
    But go ahead big guy you tell me how beaten do you need to be before you have a right to use force to defend yourself ? ....go stand with the anti- second amendment retards... you have selected your side in Obama's class war hope its all worth it for you Black congress
  • Kern Franklin 2012/04/11 14:08:07
    Kern
    "But go ahead big guy you tell me how beaten do you need to be before you have a right to use force to defend yourself ". This is the problem with the law. It's too open ended. If you look at me in a threatening way, I can shoot you. If you're dead and there was no one around to verify my story, I simply say you came after me and I felt threatened so I HAD to shoot you. Please tell me how this wouldn't go my way? You're dead so your side of the story is mute.

And laws like make the punish for everything death. You don't get a trial, no one get held accountable for your death. Too bad for you.

Why when put into a corner, do people immediately claim that I am against the second amendment? I am against stupid laws that allow the amount of justified homicides to triple in 6 years.

I've had a gun held to my head on a few occasions and believe me, it's a fear like no other. I grew up in very bad neighborhoods were people were getting shot all the time. I never felt I needed a gun. The house next door to me got robbed 11 time in one summer because an older couple lived there and weren't home often. I never thought a gun was the solution. If you had any experience in this area you would know that 99% of the people who come into your house will run away when they hear you enter.

Your ...

Your statement about "Blacks" needing a "Blacks need a race case" to win the election shows just how scared you are of things you don't understand. The cheap route, the route taken by those who are either too weak minded to understand what is happening or just willfully ignorant. I pity you.
  • Franklin Kern 2012/04/11 14:29:01
    Franklin
    +1
    you have not read the law so stop pretending you give a dam about this law or even the facts of the case ...you have your head up Obama's ass and will fallow anything he tells you to fallow ...your anti-gun liberal BS will not stand . If YOU ever really had a gun pointed at your head it was probably by a police officer as you have to look and outlook of a typical drug dealing+ using thug who fears free citizens who might fight back when you chose to rob them
  • Kern Franklin 2012/04/11 15:03:45
    Kern
    Sorry meathead, it wasn't the cops. It was pussy gang banger. Like Obama I grew up on the South Side of Chicago. One thing I learned about gang bangers fun nuts, they're scared of their own shadow. They have limited opportunities in life so they blame everyone else.

I am NOT against people having guns. I am for holding people accountable for their actions. Laws like the Stand Your Ground law gives puts the interpretation of the law into the hands of one person.

If anything these laws prove one point. Republicans act more on feeling than logic.
  • EdWhiteSpace 2012/04/11 01:11:22
    Smart
    EdWhiteSpace
    +3
    A grand jury is only necessary for a 1st degree murder case and it does not look like this was planned out. Smart move: examine the facts and then try him for what he did do, with a charge she can win, and not an overstated charge just to please some of the public.
  • fayette EdWhite... 2012/04/11 01:46:07
    fayette
    Curious E, what did he do?
  • EdWhite... fayette 2012/04/11 02:57:14
    EdWhiteSpace
    +2
    Armed himself, followed someone, continued following them after they ran away from him, not knowing who he was or why he was following), continued following even after being told not to by the police, shot and killed and unarmed young man.
  • mblack EdWhite... 2012/04/11 09:50:54
    mblack
    +1
    There has to be some sort of crime for stalking and killing an unarmed minor. And thank you, so many people leave out the fact that Trayvon did run once he realized he was being followed. Zimmerman never said he is running towards me. He told the dispatch the direction that Trayvon was running and it was not in his direction. Real question is how did Zimmerman and Trayvon come face to face. If you follow logic Zimmerman must have pursued.
  • Franklin mblack 2012/04/11 12:37:05
    Franklin
    +1
    Your right , if we ignore eyewitnesses and the last part of the tape you make you stalking case from then we can use logic to lynch Zimmerman ...its only logical that for two lines to intersect the WHITE (near-white) man MUST HAVE DONE (something) WRONG ...sad thing is your to dam dumb to even see the irony of your own profound stupidity -
  • EdWhite... Franklin 2012/04/11 18:59:11
    EdWhiteSpace
    Incorrect. Take race out of it. One guy is following another with a gun. Is told to stop doing so by police. The guy being followed runs away. Later, its shown the pursuer did not stop following the other guy and they fought. The pursuer / stalker pulls a gun and kills the unarmed guy that he had been following.

And you want to blame the guy who was being followed that didn't have a weapon?

Ridiculous.

I'm all for shooting intruders or defending oneself. But if you pick a fight, follow people, disobey cops, and go around packing a gun while doing all that you are looking for - and will find - trouble. Zimmerman was no victim walking home or beat up as he found a robber in his living room. He was out looking for trouble and found it and should not be allowed to blame the victim.

None of that has anything to do with race. Personally, I don't even think Zimmerman is truly prejudiced, although I do think its clear he pre-judged Trayvon that night.

Race enters later on when the police do not arrest him, as I truly believe if a black man had done all that to a white kid he would have immediately been arrested.
  • EdWhite... Franklin 2012/04/11 19:00:24
    EdWhiteSpace
    And you'll see how in my reply I didn't even just resort to insults and last resort name calling. Try it sometime. Then again, you'll have to try facts and common sense, too. ;-)
  • EdWhite... mblack 2012/04/11 18:53:39
    EdWhiteSpace
    Zimmerman admits Trayvon was running away, mumbles about how 'they always get away', is told not to follow, and then went in that direction anyway. At that point he is looking for a fight and escalating a situation that is going awry. Even if Trayvon eventually jumped Zimmerman after being followed and fought him, I'm sure he did because he felt like he was defending himself from some crazy guy following and stalking him. He has a better claim to self defense than Zimmerman does, as Zimmerman initiated the whole thing.
  • Franklin EdWhite... 2012/04/11 12:38:50
    Franklin
    legally armed himself - don't forget that part , you oppose legally owned guns and that is what you will fight to end in America this year ...time to get ride of that silly old Second Amendment once and for all ...its your time you and Obama will CHANGE the world ! Your awesome kid-
  • aneed2know fayette 2012/04/11 08:43:50
    aneed2know
    +2
    he killed some one.
  • mblack fayette 2012/04/11 09:54:43
    mblack
    +1
    Stalked and killed a minor.

Never mind what the media is telling you. Read the official 911 transcripts, look at the surveillance videos. Zimmerman stalked and murdered an unarmed minor that was not in the act of committing a crime.
  • Stan Weinstein 2012/04/11 00:04:49 (edited)
    Smart
    Stan Weinstein
    +3
    If you're the defendant you don't want to talk with the prosecutor - not a good move. Zimmerman is probably out here in California hiding out with Casey Anthony.
  • Patriotic 2012/04/11 00:02:45
    Smart
    Patriotic
    +4
    Grand Juries are always dicey, so I think it would be better to do it this way. LOL! I heard she got a phone call from Zimmerman, who also placed calls to Sean Hannity. That guy is guilty as hell! His attorneys have dropped him like a hot potato!
  • C. C. R... Patriotic 2012/04/11 01:07:16 (edited)
    C. C. Rider
    +4
    His attnys were also pissed he was getting money from his website while they go unpaid. They also pointed out where Zimmerman is. To tell you the truth his attny looked as dirty as he is. The older one was an out and out pig and I thought he was going to punch out a few reporters and it was HIS press release.

Seems he can't control questions as he wants to out side of a courtroom. The media gave him way to much time. Reporters even commented that only an attny can take a hour and half to tell you they dropped a client. LOL I bet Zimmerman brings charges against him.
  • Patriotic C. C. R... 2012/04/11 01:11:51
    Patriotic
    +3
    I think Zimmerman will be too busy trying to stay our of custody. I think the prosecutor will issue an arrest warrant by this Friday. He is a flight risk now, and I think they need to get him in custody before too long. I think the warrant will be issued in secrete, and Zimmerman's arrest won't be known until after he is caught.
  • C. C. R... Patriotic 2012/04/11 01:52:49
    C. C. Rider
    +2
    IT may just go go down that way. I hope they pull a Casey on him and have reporters and cameras up his ass.
  • Patriotic C. C. R... 2012/04/11 01:57:52
    Patriotic
    +2
    Only this time be found guilty!
  • Common ... C. C. R... 2012/04/11 05:23:53
    Common Sense Conservative
    +2
    How do you people know he's guilty?
  • C. C. R... Common ... 2012/04/11 10:59:10
    C. C. Rider
    +1
    Please sit this one out Jack, WE got it.
  • Common ... C. C. R... 2012/04/11 17:18:27
    Common Sense Conservative
    +1
    Really? If he's so damn guilty why is it he's not even in custody?

Brilliant!!!
  • C. C. R... Common ... 2012/04/11 17:47:07 (edited)
    C. C. Rider
    +1
    Who's to say he won't be soon. Like I said JAck, sit this one out. You are way tooooo far behind to be brought up to speed.
  • C. C. R... C. C. R... 2012/04/11 23:09:50
    C. C. Rider
    +1
    LMAO ole ormond beach gal...you blocked me? LOL Guess you don't need my help anymore with an ex. LOL LOL What a hypocrite.
  • Common ... C. C. R... 2012/04/11 23:26:21
    Common Sense Conservative
    She probably figured out your true person.

Brilliant!!!
  • C. C. R... Common ... 2012/04/11 23:30:48
    C. C. Rider
    +1
    She asked for my help long ago. I was pretty good then. She turned on me dear, I did not turn on her now would I. Infact I wished her good luck on her marriage. She deserves it.
  • Common ... C. C. R... 2012/04/11 23:25:30
    Common Sense Conservative
    He's not even in custody and how long ago did this take place?

Now, who's not up to speed?

Brilliant!!!
  • C. C. R... Common ... 2012/04/11 23:32:11
    C. C. Rider
    LMAO Cons really are a mess. Go back to sleep. LOL

He is charged with 2nd degree murder without bail. HE is in custody now. And has been for hours.
  • Common ... C. C. R... 2012/04/12 16:00:05
    Common Sense Conservative
    I think it's great that you already have a man hanging by his neck with a rope without any facts.

Brilliant!!!
  • Deborah... Common ... 2012/04/11 20:09:40
    DeborahLakeHelen
    +1
    Right?
  • C. C. R... Common ... 2012/04/11 23:11:07
    C. C. Rider
    Zimmerman was arrested and is in custody now for Murder in the 2nd dagree with no bail.

Like I said dude...sit this one out. WE got it coverd for justice.
  • Common ... C. C. R... 2012/04/11 23:30:12
    Common Sense Conservative
    Was he found guilty? No, of course not. 2nd degree?

Brilliant!!!
  • gvc C. C. R... 2012/04/12 05:18:41 (edited)
    gvc
    They haven't even had a bail hearing. A Prosecutor does not determine If he will get bail A JUDGE DOES....FREAKING NIT WIT.
    I think YOU are the one that needs to sit this one out.
    Even the "Special Prosecutor" said the judge could dismiss her case before it goes to trial...ps: if that is the case, they will not be able to charge him again.

2014/04/20 16:08:45