Proof of god?

sodabox 2012/06/29 23:44:49
Related Topics: God

• StupidGreedyRightWingButtKi... 2012/06/30 03:48:09
    StupidGreedyRightWingButtKisser
    +3
    Awesome video!
    As an aside, one might wonder if people knew that lightning strikes are attracted to fire pits because they are full of carbon. Adding water to the ground should increase the conduction into the ground even more. Could it be people knew this at one time and used lighting to start their fires? That would be something.

• Karen Jonsson 2012/07/01 21:56:58
    Karen Jonsson
    When I gave birth to my children and saw them move and cry I knew that there must be God. No one can tell me different.
  • sodabox Karen J... 2012/07/02 01:10:42
    sodabox
    OK, so there _might_ be a creator, now show me that the creator of the universe and the god of the bible are the same being. Because I can't imagine that a being powerful enough to create the universe would only try to communicate to us through the bible.
  • Cleaver62 2012/07/01 21:13:00
    Cleaver62
    +1
    How can there be proof of something that does not exist.
  • elijahin24 2012/06/30 23:51:38
    elijahin24
    +1
    I love this!!!!
  • Curmudgeon 2012/06/30 22:01:33
    Curmudgeon
    +1
    The problem that happens over and over is every faith in the history of faiths has asserted that it was their god or gods that created everything. Since none of these faiths have ever put forward a single piece of evidence to support their claims, and nobody has ever proven or disproven the various gods that has been said to exist in popular mythology, how does one decide?

Just for the fact that people do not know everything on the story of how we got here is not instant proof that gods did it. There was a time when people thought that demons made people sick, science put that debate to sleep many, many centuries ago.

As nobody is ever going to say "sorry guys, we lied and our faith is a lie."
  • goblue1968 2012/06/30 18:58:41
    Wait
    goblue1968
    +1
    That was a pretty amusing video. It just "created" more questions that the "creator" believers can't answer with any logical explanations.
  • Jana ♥ ♥ ♥ 2012/06/30 13:45:34
    Jana ♥ ♥ ♥
    Absolutely everything we hear, see and feel in every moment of our lives is a sign. Everything in nature is a sign, The presents of dung is evidence that a camel was there, the presents of foot prints in the sand is evidence that man was there, and the evidence of the earth and all the planets are proof of some great power was there. If you can’t see what’s been created then you cannot see the creator. There are plenty of signs if you will only take a look god
  • sodabox Jana ♥ ♥ ♥ 2012/06/30 16:34:20
    sodabox
    OK, so there _might_ be a creator, now show me that the creator of the universe and the god of the bible are the same being. Because I can't imagine that a being powerful enough to create the universe would only try to communicate to us through the bible. Please connect the dots for me :)
  • Jana ♥ ♥ ♥ sodabox 2012/06/30 20:11:52
    Jana ♥ ♥ ♥
    In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.If you just read chapter 1, it will tell you all.....Got to remember that all stories have some truth to them. Even some folklore stories are true. Just because you don't understand does not mean its not so.The creator God what ever you want to call him can be the maker of the universe and us. We are not here by chance,as the evidence is all around us.I cannot connect the dots for you but would have loved to have been able too. I can only say you will only believe what your heart tells you,and if your heart tells you that there is not God,then who am I tell you differently.
  • sodabox Jana ♥ ♥ ♥ 2012/06/30 22:15:28
    sodabox
    All religions say their god is the creator.
  • Jana ♥ ♥ ♥ sodabox 2012/07/02 13:29:32
    Jana ♥ ♥ ♥
    Nothing wrong with that as we all know there is only one God and I really do not mind what he is called, he still is the one that made everything!!!!
  • sodabox Jana ♥ ♥ ♥ 2012/07/02 16:45:01
    sodabox
    Fine, as long as you don't think you know what that god wants from us. That would be very dangerous.
  • Jana ♥ ♥ ♥ sodabox 2012/07/03 02:39:18
    Jana ♥ ♥ ♥
    Who is us? are you talking about yourself or everyone. I know what God wants of me,and I am giving it to him the best way I know how..
  • sodabox Jana ♥ ♥ ♥ 2012/07/03 03:34:38
    sodabox
    So, you think your god only cares about what you are doing?
  • Jana ♥ ♥ ♥ sodabox 2012/07/03 13:10:23
    Jana ♥ ♥ ♥
    Really!! is that what you just read!!! You need to look further than what you are looking at,maybe the whole picture,not just a piece of the puzzle. DUH!!!!!!!
  • sodabox Jana ♥ ♥ ♥ 2012/07/03 13:12:40
    sodabox
    You said "who is us?" Us is obviously everyone on the planet. Then you went on to talk about yourself. You seem very self-centered to me.
  • Jana ♥ ♥ ♥ sodabox 2012/07/03 21:41:13
    Jana ♥ ♥ ♥
    Because you don’t understand God you just don’t get it do you? The relationship I have with my God you would not understand, and I don’t see the point in trying to explain it to you. God only cares about what I am doing because it’s a personal thing between him and me. He cares about what others do, and that is everyone's personal thing, but yes we are talking about me, got a problem with that? And I do know what God wants of me, and it’s not a dangerous road as you put it.. It’s a shame in the 20 years you searched you did not find your God. Maybe you just did not try hard enough as really, it’s not that hard.
  • sodabox Jana ♥ ♥ ♥ 2012/07/04 01:57:25
    sodabox
    You think the creator of the ENTIRE universe cares about your particular life? That is the most egotistical thing I have ever heard! XD
  • Jana ♥ ♥ ♥ sodabox 2012/07/04 03:02:19
    Jana ♥ ♥ ♥
    Yes he does,and everyone else too,and you my friend are very ignorant .You dont even know God so how can you even comment on what he cares about or not..
  • sodabox Jana ♥ ♥ ♥ 2012/07/04 03:17:57
    sodabox
    I was raised in a christian family. I went to christian schools where I studied the bible. As a child I tried with all my heart to find some sign of god/jesus. Nothing. Zip. Didly-squat. Why would your god not reveal himself to a child? I cannot help but assume that people like you that feel god are just delusional. There is no other plausible explanation.
  • Jana ♥ ♥ ♥ sodabox 2012/07/04 13:12:38
    Jana ♥ ♥ ♥
    Like I said, you’re ignorant. God does not come to us when we want something, and when he does come you don’t always get what you want. He came to me as a child and as an adult, but then again I knew him when I was a very small child way before I could even know anything about God and I sure did not read the bible or did I attend church. So he has always been in my heart. God does not intervene with everyday problems and that is something people don’t understand. Everybody thinks he should come to them when they have problem, well that’s not the case. He gave us a brain and we need to figure things out for ourselves, not have someone else do it for us. You seem to have a lot of Envy with people that have a personal relationship with God, you should try to be more positive then you just might see him too..
  • sodabox Jana ♥ ♥ ♥ 2012/07/04 17:32:44
    sodabox
    How do you know this god you feel is the god of the bible? How do you know it isn't a delusion?
  • Lefty 2012/06/30 11:26:15
    Lefty
    I believe I have proved it to myself. Read below statement.
  • American☆Atheist 2012/06/30 05:21:46
    Wait
    American☆Atheist
    haha i just watched this tonight on youtube
  • Kitty_Cat_Shea 2012/06/30 05:12:50
  • Dynasty Fighter 2012/06/30 05:09:43 (edited)
    Wait
    Dynasty Fighter
    we could be created by aliens for all we know im a Christian and the bible contradicts itself too much that's why i don't read it
  • sodabox Dynasty... 2012/06/30 16:34:57
    sodabox
    Then why be a christian?
  • Pam 2012/06/30 04:55:28
    Pam
    +1
    Something/someone had to have made us, right? Look at how our bodies are made: how detailed our eyes are (how we can see), look at our lungs(how we breathe), how our circulatory system works(all of our veins and arteries that go from our head to our feet). Our bodies are so complex and there are so many of us. We couldn't have just appeared by accident? Look at the animals that live on earth. We don't care for the animals we don't own nature does. Look how complex the bodies of animals are. As a human I like to think there is a place to go when I cease to exist. I like to think the bible is our manual like everything we buy has a manual. It shows how we should live and how we should act. Since, at this time, I am free to voice my opinion this is how I feel. There will come a time, soon I think, when freedom of opinion won't be allowed.
  • StupidG... Pam 2012/06/30 05:03:29
    StupidGreedyRightWingButtKisser
    +2
    The hallmark of a bad opinion is when people say "it must be" or "it can't be". You don't know.
  • Pam StupidG... 2012/06/30 06:03:45
    Pam
    +1
    I can't prove for sure that there is or isn't a God. I also don't think it's a bad opinion thinking that God exists. We can't see a God but yet we can't see air and it exists. Whose to say the bible isn't true? It is one of the oldest books in the world.
  • elijahin24 Pam 2012/06/30 23:54:40
    elijahin24
    +1
    We are able to perceive air with our five senses. We feel it enter our lungs, we feel it move past us in the wind, or when we run, or ride a motorcycle. We sometimes hear the wind blowing it around. I've never perceived of God using any of my senses...especially my common sense.
  • sodabox Pam 2012/07/01 01:34:08
    sodabox
    We can measure air. We can't measure god. The air analogy makes you look like you haven't given this any thought.

There are religions that are older then the bible. Does that make them true?
  • Pam sodabox 2012/07/01 05:22:09
    Pam
    Ok the air analogy was not thought out properly. I'll give you another example for instance an atom. We all know what an atom is. We know that they exist yet we can't sense them or feel them.
  • sodabox Pam 2012/07/01 17:14:26
    sodabox
    We can measure atoms too. Try again.
  • Pam sodabox 2012/07/01 18:53:35
    Pam
    So you believe in the bang theory?
  • sodabox Pam 2012/07/01 20:03:45
    sodabox
    That theory says the universe is expanding because there is evidence that it is expanding. That's all it says. So, yes, I do.
  • Pam sodabox 2012/07/01 20:33:25
    Pam
    Okay so if God didn't make us than an explosion did?
  • sodabox Pam 2012/07/01 21:28:51
    sodabox
    Something else created it. I am willing to wait for the discovery. Believers, I guess, aren't willing to wait. They just want to believe whatever comes along first.
  • Pam sodabox 2012/07/01 18:54:51
    Pam
    I said that we can't sense them or feel them. I never said we couldn't measure them.
  • sodabox Pam 2012/07/01 20:04:31
    sodabox
    Yes, but you are saying they are like your imaginary god. I can't measure you imaginary god.

2014/10/25 22:56:11