Progressive's, what happens next?

John "By God" American 2012/12/11 14:00:40
When the rich decide to take their money elsewhere, and evil businesses

decide to close their doors because it's too expensive to stay in business and

tax revenues plummet, how do you suggest we pay for obamacare, welfare

and all of these government jobs and all the rest of the entitlements? Oh, and

lest I forget, the little matter of paying for the infrastructure and the military?

• John Galt jr or Ron/jon 2012/12/11 18:08:51
    John Galt jr or Ron/jon
    +5
    how about we stop bombing peasants in foreign countries?
    bombing peasants foreign countries

Obamacare doesn't exist, The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act is a restructuring of medicare
    Social security, unemployment, medicare, and medicaid are all presented as government insurance programs, if you want to be in the insurance business, you have to assume the risk of losing. If the government had not stolen all the money and spent it on wars, they would not have this problem for you to whine about.

• Rick Armin 2012/12/15 14:42:36
    Don't bother us with details, we just won't let them leave or close.
    Rick Armin
    +1
    That appears to be SodaHeads choice. I can't reply to responses to my posts, in fact, I can't get to new replies. I just get sent to the start of the topic with no indication of new replies to what I wrote. My apologies to those I don't answer. I've apparently been "closed" by SodaHead.
  • John "B... Rick Armin 2012/12/15 16:12:40
    John "By God" American
    +1
    That happened to me too, Rick. I fact, in several instances, when I do click on new replies, I'm sent to a page with only a few responses. This is the first time in many attempts that I've actually been sent to the person who responded to me...
  • Rick Armin John "B... 2012/12/15 16:18:40
    Rick Armin
    +1
    Okay! Looks like it's working now. Don't know if it's SodaHead censorship or just a glitch in their programming. Some of the stuff will be on its way later today.
  • Cuckold 2012/12/12 14:43:15
    Obama will figure it out.
    Cuckold
    +2
    Ah c'mon, have a little faith...
    stupid obama
  • kiwimac 2012/12/12 02:10:21
    kiwimac
    You do realise, of course, that that will not happen? Top tax rates under Ronald Reagan were 90% for the highest income earners. If they would stay for that they'll stay for much more gentle tax increases.
  • Heptarch 2012/12/11 21:12:28
    Heptarch
    Other entrepreneurs will rise up and create viable businesses within the new model economy.

Because not everyone is a bitchy little crybaby who would rather take their ball and go home than actually pay their share to help keep this country great.
  • John "B... Heptarch 2012/12/11 21:41:47
    John "By God" American
    +1
    What about the politicians and bureaucrats, as well as others, who are responsible for putting the US in this position. How are they held accountable?

Incidently, I'd love to hear more about this new model economy?
  • Heptarch John "B... 2012/12/11 22:29:41
    Heptarch
    +1
    "What about the politicians and bureaucrats, as well as others, who are responsible for putting the US in this position. How are they held accountable?"

You're forgetting "capitalists" in that list. They're the ones that ran the economy into the ground in the first place with their unethical business practices.

Everyone, politicians, bureaucrats and capitalists, who have run this country's economy into the ground should be held accountable.

"Incidently, I'd love to hear more about this new model economy?"

I meant the new realities of the economy that the "rich" decided not to participate in. Obviously, if they want to take their ball and go home, there is both a new dynamic that precipitated that reaction and, after they leave, a new economy within which entrepreneurs can excel.
  • John "B... Heptarch 2012/12/12 04:13:45
    John "By God" American
    I'm highly skeptical, but I'll have an open mind and watch.
  • Heptarch John "B... 2012/12/12 04:36:35
    Heptarch
    +1
    That's the only rational position to take. No one can know for sure how things will turn out, but one thing we DO know is that if there's a way to make a buck within the system, someone will find it.
  • James 2012/12/11 21:08:38
    James
    +1
    Legalize, regulate, and tax vice.

Eliminate government military waste and emphasize the golden rule with other countries. Treat them the way we like to be treated and if they still want to be bastards, bomb them to hell.

Eliminate personal and corporate loopholes in the taxcode. All profits made in this specific country regardless of where it is currently being held at the moment is considered taxable income.
  • Contarded Guru Chickenhawk 2012/12/11 21:05:53
  • John "B... Contard... 2012/12/11 21:43:02
    John "By God" American
    +1
    Warren Buffet doesn't produce anything.
  • Contard... John "B... 2012/12/11 21:45:00 (edited)
  • John "B... Contard... 2012/12/12 04:24:32
    John "By God" American
    +1
    I have no love for the Wall Street scumbags, bankers et. al. who merely shift numbers and come of with new financial formulas, read derivatives, to screw the general public. Add to that the Federal Reserve and their worthless fiat money and the politicians drunk with spending and we have a perfect recipe for the calamity we are facing.
    obama has more former Wall Street pukes in his administration than any other president. I just see things continuing down the same path...
  • Contard... John "B... 2012/12/12 15:08:56
  • DefendnProtect 2012/12/11 20:18:42
    That could be a problem...
    DefendnProtect
    +3
    More debt and spending to solve a crisis of debt and overspending.

Hmmm.. something sounds off.

Let's take power and money creation back from the debtmoney cartel mafia, back to the people and local communities.
  • Rick Armin Defendn... 2012/12/11 23:22:44
    Rick Armin
    +3
    A good idea, but I wonder if the people and local communities ever had it. This from "The Two Nations", Christopher Hollis 1935

As soon as Independence had been won from Great Britain, the decks were clear for a second fight. That fight, as is usually found after a successful revolution, was the fight to decide whether independence was to be true independence or whether, after the change of names, the financial system was to re-establish over the new government that same control which it had exercised over the old. The protagonist of plutocracy, a surprisingly frank protagonist, was Alexander Hamilton. Among his proposals was one astonishing in its impudence even for the antagonist of such a cause. The Germans in our own day have carried to a fine art the technique of first defaulting on the interest of their loans and then, when as a result the bonds have slumped, buying them up at a fraction of their par value and thus getting rid of their debts for perhaps a quarter of what they originally borrowed. Things were not very different in Alexander Hamilton's America. In order to fight the war, Congress had raised certain loans and then had subsequently defaulted on their interest. As a result, of course, they stood very low and were only sellable at a fourth or a fifth pa...

As soon as Independence had been won from Great Britain, the decks were clear for a second fight. That fight, as is usually found after a successful revolution, was the fight to decide whether independence was to be true independence or whether, after the change of names, the financial system was to re-establish over the new government that same control which it had exercised over the old. The protagonist of plutocracy, a surprisingly frank protagonist, was Alexander Hamilton. Among his proposals was one astonishing in its impudence even for the antagonist of such a cause. The Germans in our own day have carried to a fine art the technique of first defaulting on the interest of their loans and then, when as a result the bonds have slumped, buying them up at a fraction of their par value and thus getting rid of their debts for perhaps a quarter of what they originally borrowed. Things were not very different in Alexander Hamilton's America. In order to fight the war, Congress had raised certain loans and then had subsequently defaulted on their interest. As a result, of course, they stood very low and were only sellable at a fourth or a fifth part of their par value. Alexander Hamilton, the Secretary of the Treasury, gave private information to his financial friends, who therefore bought up the loan at its low market figure. He then announced that the Government would redeem it by paying off the present holders at par plus accrued interest, with the price-level considerably lower than that of the time of the contraction of the debt. In order to pay them off, he raised a new loan from the New York bankers, thus saddling the new country with a permanent National Debt, which he confessed to thinking necessary in order that finance's mastery of its policies should be unshakable. "He wishes it never to be paid," explained Jefferson at the time, "but always to be a thing wherewith to corrupt and manage the legislature." He thus bound, as Calhoun afterwards put it, "more strongly to the Government that already powerful class by giving them, through its agency, increased profit and a decided control over the currency, exchanges and the business transactions of the country."
  • Defendn... Rick Armin 2012/12/12 00:17:29
    DefendnProtect
    +3
    LOL they were pretty honest about how they would exploit the people.

In several countries like Germany you still got local currencies.

However the centralized power monopoly 'gov' can still go into debt and force tax in their 'currency' onto the people for the benefits of the warmongering & foreclosing plutocratic elites.

The not so honest debt guys nowadays are doing foreclosing and utter depression all over again just like the thirties. Would be something if we could get rid of it imo.
  • Rick Armin Defendn... 2012/12/12 03:06:07
    Rick Armin
    +3
    It would be something, but I don't know how it can happen. I can tell you that a lot more people are upset about it than when I first started fighting TPTB, but as you can see on SodaHead, they are upset, but most are still clueless. They are still mesmerized by the "left" vs. "right" and Dem vs. Rep dog and pony shows (Itchy and Scratchy shows for you younger people). They are still ranting about Communists, Socialists, and Fascists without realizing that all three have been heavily financed by the global money barons. Each of these is just a slightly variant form of the ultimate capitalist monopoly in which the State owns or controls everything and the capitalists own or control the State.
  • John "B... Rick Armin 2012/12/12 04:30:00
    John "By God" American
    Right on the money, Rick!!!
  • ⚥Κόζμω ... Rick Armin 2012/12/13 08:19:31 (edited)
    ⚥Κόζμω Græme اليا Mongrain
    +5
    MoneyMad
    "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies" – Thomas Jefferson NolanChart
    Keep in mind, don't go too near ANY corner, they're traps.
    IMNSHO, top is Anarchy, Bottom is Aristocratic Totalitarianism, Left is Eco-Luddite & Right is Fundamentalism, better to float around the middle to keeps things balanced.
  • Rick Armin ⚥Κόζμω ... 2012/12/13 17:11:26
    Rick Armin
    +2
    You might find this interesting. You can always scroll down my rants on my own experience to Antony Suttons words on the left/right and the Hegelian dialectic as promoted by, among others, Skull & Bones.

http://lostliberty1.wordpress...

I might take your last diagram and work it into an edit of the blog post.
  • ⚥Κόζμω ... Rick Armin 2012/12/14 08:14:52 (edited)
    ⚥Κόζμω Græme اليا Mongrain
    +3
    You may recall IKE's "Military Industrial Complex"? There's mention that this has created an 'Iron Triangle'.
    iron triangle
  • Rick Armin ⚥Κόζμω ... 2012/12/14 22:31:27
    Rick Armin
    +2
    Neat chart, but it leaves out one element. It's the one Ike didn't talk about because it owned him too. Naturally, I'm referring to the bankers who have run this country since the beginning with only a brief lapse under Andrew Jackson.
  • ⚥Κόζμω ... Rick Armin 2012/12/14 23:29:56 (edited)
    ⚥Κόζμω Græme اليا Mongrain
    +1
    You could put BANKS as a forth corner above and perhaps LAW (legal & enforcement) below the plane of the triangle to get a double tetrahedron
    double tetrahedron
    It's easy for me to think SPATIALY (3D), many folks have trouble reading a flat (Planar) map. Or you can go back up to my (octahedron or double pyramid) diagram which has the BANK acting as an an AXIS between the Left & Right. Just found another diagram that expands on the Nolan Chart that you admired, ExtremeNolan
    you can find a blog providing details at http://asplundchart.blogspot....
    It helps to have a scorecard to tell what the players
  • ⚥Κόζμω ... ⚥Κόζμω ... 2012/12/14 23:42:29 (edited)
    ⚥Κόζμω Græme اليا Mongrain
    You could trim the corners (as all 8 extremes I regard as equally bad) to get an OCTAGON (Stop Sign), many fans of UFC know this shape.
    octagon
    I often wear a pentacle (5-point star) pendant and find most mistake it for a Star of David (6-points).
    pentacle
    star of david
    Are we the only ones left with some "higher functioning"?
  • John "B... ⚥Κόζμω ... 2012/12/15 05:57:43
    John "By God" American
    Excellent!
  • ⚥Κόζμω ... Rick Armin 2012/12/14 23:40:11 (edited)
  • Rick Armin ⚥Κόζμω ... 2012/12/15 02:01:57
    Rick Armin
    +2
    Another great diagram. Fits in well with this:

http://phreedomphan-lostliber...
  • ⚥Κόζμω ... Rick Armin 2012/12/15 08:10:48
    ⚥Κόζμω Græme اليا Mongrain
    +2
    Nice Blog, let's hope sane heads prervail soon enough to avert a catastrophic atrocity that can arrive from many (already known) fronts.
  • Defendn... Rick Armin 2012/12/13 17:49:01
    DefendnProtect
    +1
    Right right!
  • John "B... Rick Armin 2012/12/12 04:28:40
    John "By God" American
    +1
    I think Hamilton was a closet Loyalist, at least to that style of governance...
  • Rick Armin John "B... 2012/12/12 05:47:16
    Rick Armin
    +1
    You're right, John. Many revere him as one of the "Founding Fathers." I revile him as one of the "Founding Abortionists." They murdered Liberty in her infancy. The Constitution as it was reported out of the Convention and which he supported, was a blueprint for an unlimited, centralized tyranny. His gang pulled one of the first political dirty tricks on the people when they usurped the name "federalists." They were nationalists, but they knew the people wanted a federal government so they grabbed that name. That gave them the opportunity to label the true federalists as "anti-federalists."

He and his gang promoted that Constitution in the "Federalist" Papers and if it weren't for the alertness and wisdom of men like Jefferson, Melacton Smith, and Richard Henry Lee who forced the First Ten on Hamilton and his gang, we would have had what we have now from the start.
  • ⚥Κόζμω ... Defendn... 2012/12/13 08:16:15
    ⚥Κόζμω Græme اليا Mongrain
    +4
    "If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation then by deflation, the banks and the corporations will grow up around them, will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered. The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs" – Thomas Jefferson
  • John "B... ⚥Κόζμω ... 2012/12/13 13:24:02
    John "By God" American
    +1
    Among the many quotes from Thomas Jefferson that were so prophetic, that one blows me away the most!
  • Defendn... ⚥Κόζμω ... 2012/12/13 17:46:46
    DefendnProtect
    +2
    Excellent quote!
  • David H... ⚥Κόζμω ... 2012/12/14 08:18:09
    David Hussey
    +2
    Can't have a discussion of this without bringing Jackson into it....

"I too have been a close observer of the doings of the Bank of the United States. I have had men watching you for a long time, and am convinced that you have used the funds of the bank to speculate in the breadstuffs of the country. When you won, you divided the profits amongst you, and when you lost, you charged it to the Bank. You tell me that if I take the deposits from the Bank and annul its charter I shall ruin ten thousand families. That may be true, gentlemen, but that is your sin! Should I let you go on, you will ruin fifty thousand families, and that would be my sin! You are a den of vipers and thieves. I have determined to rout you out and, by the Eternal, I will rout you out."

~Andrew Jackson
  • John "B... David H... 2012/12/14 13:54:52
    John "By God" American
    +2
    And nobody learned...
  • ⚥Κόζμω ... John "B... 2012/12/14 16:30:37
    ⚥Κόζμω Græme اليا Mongrain
    +2
    Yep. "The problem with Capitalism are the capitalists, they're too greedy"
    – Herbert Hoover

Actually the problem is Corporatism, like gun, money can't do anything by itself.

2014/10/24 14:48:23