Progressive Gun Grabbers Gone Wild

☆astac☆~PWCM 2013/01/02 03:07:02

… once a gun is required to be registered, it is virtually confiscated. The government will know who possesses which firearms and where those arms are stored. And when they desire physical possession of those weapons (which history tells us is inevitable), they can then order the citizenry to voluntarily turn in their weapons.

This has happened over and over again throughout all of recorded history.

The left’s gun grabbers believe that the Newtown massacre gives them a ghoulish yet golden opportunity to permanently undermine citizens’ Second Amendment rights.

Exhibit A is California Senator Dianne Feinstein’s promise to introduce a bill which will supposedly stop “the spread of deadly assault weapons.” Her bill would go far beyond the so-called “assault weapons ban” passed in 1994, but which Congress refused to reauthorize in 2004.

Tyrants and tyrant wannabes know that gun confiscation enables them to more quickly subjugate their society’s otherwise resistant elements, enabling them to consolidate their power more quickly and ruthlessly.

Read More: http://frontpagemag.com/2012/tom-blumer/gun-grabbe...

• FAWKES' NOOSE ~ ΔTX 2013/01/02 03:36:52 (edited)
    FAWKES' NOOSE ~ ΔTX
    +20
    The last attempt at gun control and confiscation in the United States was The Assault Weapons Ban Re-authorization Act of 2008 sponsored by Republican Mark Kirk (R-IL) and Co-Sponsored by 4 Republicans: Michael N. Castle (R Del.-1), Mike Ferguson (R N.J.-7), Ileana Ros-Lehtinen (R Fla.-18) and Christopher Shays (R Conn.-4).

It was not passed by the Democratic Controlled 110th Congress.

http://www.opencongress.org/b...

Bet you feel pretty stupid now, huh.

• Beccy 2013/01/03 00:09:14
    +1
    Funny how they usually have a law already written before on of the staged events happen?
  • Todd The Libertarian 2013/01/02 21:39:16
    Todd The Libertarian
    If we do not let the tea wackos speak for us,we can turn this on the Dems.Alot of liberals like guns.
  • Surly Curmudgen 2013/01/02 16:54:05
    Surly Curmudgen
    +2
    The second amendment is man's attempt at paraphrasing GOD'S work. Every living creature down to the most helpless will fight to defend it's life. Even a baby in it's first trimester will fight to escape the forceps in the hand of an abortionist trying to tear it apart. Self defence is an integral part of being alive. For those who are intent on depriving me or mine of the tools of defence there are only two possible results of that attempt, either you are dead or I am dead. Can you grok that?
  • mich52 2013/01/02 16:51:37
  • JT For ... mich52 2013/01/02 17:46:49
    JT For Political Reform
    +1
    You first.
  • Hopscotch 2013/01/02 15:29:06
    Hopscotch
    View this video before you make up your mind.... http://www.upworthy.com/the-n...
  • whitewulf--the unruly mobster 2013/01/02 15:17:03
  • JT For ... whitewu... 2013/01/02 17:47:45
    JT For Political Reform
    +1
    Because the gang members who were smart enough to figure out how to vote probably voted for her. LOL!
  • santa6642 2013/01/02 14:41:21
    santa6642
    +2
    As far as I am concerned , I will not comply with any law I feel infringes on my RIGHTS.
  • JT For Political Reform 2013/01/02 14:36:53
    JT For Political Reform
    +2
    This is exactly what they did in Germany, forced everyone to register every gun, then they had a record of where to go to confiscate it at a later date, if they came a knockin and you didn't give it up, you got sent to the internment camps and probably eventually were used for heating purposes, they had to keep the ovens working ya know.
  • whitewu... JT For ... 2013/01/02 15:23:45
  • realist 2013/01/02 13:43:26 (edited)
    realist
    +4
    Dianne Feinstein seriously looks like a B-Grade horror movie where a serial killer wears someone else's face as a mask.

Unrelated of course, just pointing it out in case anyone else noticed.

movie serial killer wears elses mask unrelated pointing case noticed

On a related matter, this lady is insane.
  • wolf sloan 2013/01/02 12:53:32
    wolf sloan
    +2
    They haven't tried to register my crossbows yet.
  • mk, Smartass Oracle 2013/01/02 10:23:00
  • redhorse29 2013/01/02 08:37:59
    redhorse29
    +2
    Remember the liberal progressive elitist mantra - never let a mass human tragedy go without being used to push the liberal agenda. They are the party of smear and contempt yet coat themselves with a vernier of being all for the people. No. They are all about expanding government power, consolidating government under their control and wealth distribution at the lowest common level while they get rich.
  • Dave 2013/01/02 08:14:20
    Dave
    +2
    lol Tell me when this has happened "over and over through history"? Any gun that can shoot a multitude of rounds needs to be banned.
  • ☆astac☆... Dave 2013/01/02 13:14:59
    ☆astac☆~PWCM
    +4
    Progressives like you should be banned
  • Dave ☆astac☆... 2013/01/06 18:16:52 (edited)
    Dave
    Maybe we should try progressing as a culture instead of emulating "Mad Max" movies.
  • ☆astac☆... Dave 2013/01/06 18:44:38
    ☆astac☆~PWCM
    Well, we would have to get away from your evil ideology to do that
  • Denai~*~Game of Thrones Fan 2013/01/02 08:10:19
    Denai~*~Game of Thrones Fan
    +1
    Feinstein has wanted our firearms for so long now, she can't see anything sensible.
    What happened at Sandy Hook Elem. was horrible. To honor those children and adults we need to have calm heads, emotional knee jerk reactions to their deaths will not show them the proper respect.
  • TidBit 2013/01/02 08:05:34
    TidBit
    +1
    good luck with that, liberals.
  • Cher 2013/01/02 05:58:13
    Cher
    +2
    Yeah Diane turn yours in too yep we all know you have one..
  • Maria 2013/01/02 05:29:15
    Maria
    +2
    Without the right to bear arms to defend ourselves and our rights, we have no rights! ..
    The reason our Founding Fathers instituted the Second Amendment goes way beyond owning guns for recreational purposes. In fact, the main purpose of the right to keep and bear arms is to have the capacity to defend oneself against the attempted takeover of the country by a despotic government that chooses not to abide by the rules set forth in the United States Constitution. “One by land and Two by sea” could become a battle cry of the citizenry in the event our government becomes the same as the one our Founding Fathers fought against. They did everything they could to break away from a cruel and oppressive government. We the People in the 21st Century have that same option and duty. In the event our government becomes despotic or un-serving, the Constitution lays the foundation for the defense of our freedoms. Consider this; if the American Patriots of 1776 were not allowed to carry and bear arms, they would never have been able to mount a defense and gain independence from British rule. There would not be a bastion of freedom called the United States of America.
    We need to maintain the freedom to bear arms, regardless of the senseless violence that threatens our very way of life. It is t...

We need to maintain the freedom to bear arms, regardless of the senseless violence that threatens our very way of life. It is the ability to defend ourselves in the face of tyranny that ensures we remain a nation of free people.
    “When governments fear the people, there is liberty. "
    When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.” - Thomas Jefferson

Here is why he was correct:
    -----------------------------...
    America's Hunters. The World's Largest Army.
    The state of Wisconsin has gone an entire deer hunting season without someone getting killed. That's great, considering
    there were over 600,000 hunters that got permits this year.
    Allow me to restate that number.
    Over the last two months, the eighth largest army in the world - more men under arms than Iran; more than France and Germany combined - deployed to the woods of a single American state to keep the deer population under control.
    But that pales in comparison to the 750,000 who are in the woods of
    Pennsylvania this week. Michigan 's 700,000 hunters have now returned home. Toss in a quarter million hunters in West
    Virginia , and it is literally the case that the hunters of those four states alone would comprise the largest army in the
    world.
    And that is just FOUR states.
    The total population of registered hunters in America today ranges from 23 million to 43.7 million individuals. (Based on
    annual data provided by the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service.)
    As long as the American Hunter retains his right to Bear Arms, America will forever be safe from foreign invasion of troops.
    Hunting - it's not just a way to fill the freezer. It's a matter of national security.

If the US had the same gun-homicide rate as Canada, there would be 10,000 fewer gun deaths per year. That’s 3 “9/11″‘s every year, folks.

What does gun control have to do with the gun homicide rate other than provide solid evidence gun control does not work?

Mexico has a far worse homicide rate than the US despite having strict “gun control.” The American cities with the highest homicide rates also have the strictest “gun control.” Utah has loose gun control and little crime. The Swiss have a a rifle and ammo in every home and almost no crime.

This is a cultural problem not a gun problem.
  • Marvelous Wildfire 2013/01/02 05:09:55
    Marvelous Wildfire
    +2
    And the important point to remember: The Supreme Court has ruled that felons are *LEGALLY EXEMPT* from any and all gun registrations. (Haynes v. United States, 390 U.S. 85 (1968))
  • AL 2013/01/02 04:39:56 (edited)
    AL
    +3
    I wonder how the Government would know if we MIGHT have sold our registered guns LEGALLY to a privet party or NOT then?
  • Jim AL 2013/01/02 14:03:48
    Jim
    +2
    Agreed. There are also millions of guns out there like several I have that are not registered as I have had them prior to any mandated registration.
  • AL Jim 2013/01/02 21:21:01
    AL
    +2
    I have 3 registered hand guns right now, I plan on keeping my .22 for target shooting, my .380 for concealed carry-and sell my registered .357 mag. to a privet party! Then buy another one from a privet party later as well! I'm also looking for one that was sold pre any registration laws as well!Or a hand me down fire arm from one genertation to the next with no paper work on it at all!
  • dasimon1 2013/01/02 04:38:15 (edited)
    dasimon1
    +3
    Try and take my guns...........someone will have a third eye to look out of if they mess with me. They better bring body bags.........This is no joke and they want to mess with our rights ...160million gun owners may say come get me............Progressives need to take out the atheist and get a bible!
  • Technotrucker_exposingthetruth 2013/01/02 04:37:17
    Technotrucker_exposingthetruth
    +3
    Simple, don't register. Shall not be infringed seems pretty phreaking clear to me.
  • ☆stillthe12c☆ 2013/01/02 04:28:59
    ☆stillthe12c☆
    +1
    In my state you have to sign for ammunition which tell them what weapons you have or might have.
  • ☆astac☆... ☆stillt... 2013/01/02 04:48:45
    ☆astac☆~PWCM
    +3
    That is not good
  • ☆stillt... ☆astac☆... 2013/01/02 04:53:01
    ☆stillthe12c☆
    +1
    No it is not good at all. If I have a .308 registered and I buy 30.06 ammo that tells them something I do not want them to know.
  • beavith1 ☆stillt... 2013/01/02 05:22:31
    beavith1
    +2
    you can't trade with somebody else under some kind of grey market?
  • ☆stillt... beavith1 2013/01/02 05:43:30
    ☆stillthe12c☆
    +2
    I have done that before. Hard to trade for 32.20's. In fact you have to order them.
  • beavith1 ☆stillt... 2013/01/02 21:36:56
    beavith1
    +2
    huh...

you order some arcane caliber for someone else and they order your caliber for you....

i don't know. i'm sticking with 5.56...
  • hatter ☆stillt... 2013/01/02 13:13:22
    hatter
    +3
    Its time to reload your bullets.
  • ☆stillt... hatter 2013/01/02 18:24:18 (edited)
    ☆stillthe12c☆
    +2
    I only have dies for my .308 at this time.
  • Mark P. ☆stillt... 2013/01/02 13:23:36
    Mark P.
    +2
    I would be looking for a way to buy from out of state.
  • Charu ∞ijm♥∞ 2013/01/02 04:22:16
    Charu ∞ijm♥∞
    +8
    Control....pure and simple...
    Thank you Diane Phuckustein.....
    it ain't happening.
    NO GUN CONTROL NO GUN CONTROL
  • Rodney 2013/01/02 04:03:22
    Rodney
    +4
    I don't think they can garner the votes for such an action. There are a good number of democrats who support the 2nd amendment too.

2014/04/18 08:14:58