Pro-Gun, Pro-’Life’ Republican Arrested For Domestic Violence

★~DoctorWhoGuru~★ 2012/03/19 18:23:43

Sunday morning, Tennessee State Representative David Hawk was arrested for an unspecified incident at his home involving domestic violence. Hawk remained in jail through Sunday night, awaiting arraignment Monday morning. There are no further details at the moment. Rep. Hawk has a wife and two daughters.

Rep. Hawk was among the Republicans that attempted to pass a bill that would have allowed gun owners to legally carry their sidearms into bars and clubs provided they don’t drink, the so-called “Guns In Bars” bill. Hawk and others cited the primacy of the Second Amendment while opponents cited the sheer stupidity of mixing guns and alcohol. Then-Governor Phil Bredesen, who vetoed the bill, said that carrying “a concealed weapon into a crowded bar at midnight on a Saturday night defies common sense.”

According to Wikipedia, Rep. Curry Todd, R-Collierville responded, “I won’t tell you what the governor can do with that piece of paper he just sent.” Rep. Todd was later arrested for driving drunk as well as carrying a firearm while drunk. Common sense, indeed.

Rep. Hawk has also sponsored a bill that would allow parents to push religion into the classroom (HB3745) as well as an anti-abortion resolution to amend the state’s constitution with the following language:

Nothing in this Constitution secures or protects a right to abortion or requires the funding of an abortion. The people retain the right through their elected state representatives and state senators to enact, amend, or repeal statutes regarding abortion, including, but not limited to, circumstances of pregnancy resulting from rape or incest or when necessary to save the life of the mother. (emphasis mine)

Translation: If we have enough religious fanatics in the legislature, we’ve given ourselves the right to deny an abortion to a woman even if she’s been the victim of rape, incest or even if she’s going to die without one.

I have to say, I’m looking forward to the details of how this gun loving man of God smacked his wife and/or daughters around and hearing his justification/apology for it. Nothing says “I should be trusted with a gun and the decisions a woman makes about her own body” than a man that lays hands on his loved ones.

Read More: http://www.addictinginfo.org/2012/03/19/pro-gun-pr...

• Elaine Magliacane 2012/03/19 19:38:44
    Elaine Magliacane
    +7
    Oh my, I guess this means ALL right wingers beat their wives... never heard of a Democrat/Socialist doing such a thing... have you? This story feeds the DEMONCrats HATE mongering... SO WHAT?

Top story in the whole entire US LAUGH
  • shadow76 2012/03/20 17:03:37
    shadow76
    +1
    Get a life!
  • shadow76 2012/03/20 17:03:08
    shadow76
    +1
    So now we have hear about everyone that is Republican and arrested? That is so ridiculous!
  • Viet Era medic 2012/03/20 06:20:36
    Viet Era medic
    +1
    yeah, I knew it wouldn't take the left very long to put this up. hell, as soon as I saw it on the news on my computer I figured you guys would do it...
    What about that idiot pothead Loughner or something like that. (spelling) he shot a congresswoman because she wasn't liberal enough to make him happy. he wanted more freebies, more handouts... more more. come on, sing your mantra with me; "we want more, we want more"... You're all a bunch of frackin' losers... Ya'll have your handsout. Get off your lazy a$$es and go to work.
  • elijahin24 2012/03/20 02:30:55
    elijahin24
    +3
    Imagine my surprise. Oh wait, no, not surprised at all. In fact, I couldn't be less surprised.
  • ruthannhausman 2012/03/20 00:33:59
    ruthannhausman
    +2
    No single political party, religious organization or anything else has an exclusive on nut cases or bad apples. Knowing the story of John Wayne Gacey, do you refuse to attend anything that includes clowns? Our own American history includes many, many famous individuals, noted for their contribution to the greatness of America, who were later found to have skeletons in their closets, which skeletons were promptly brought out for public display. Doesn't alter the rightness or wrongness of their accomplishments, just taints their credibility in the character department.
  • TheTruth1313 2012/03/19 23:30:53
    TheTruth1313
    +4
    And your point is? There are these kinds of losers on all sides of the political lines of division.
  • Fannie 2012/03/19 23:25:37 (edited)
    Fannie
    +3
    This country is full of crazy nutjobs..........he's needs to see the inside of a concrete jail house for a good block of time. It's true that most religious nuts beat and rape and abuse others.
  • Lydecho Rain (Лидия) 2012/03/19 23:22:10
    Lydecho Rain (Лидия)
    +2
    Not surprising.
  • Doran 2012/03/19 19:53:58
    Doran
    +3
    At least he isn't selling US guns to Mexican cartels and bombing countries (and people) without congressional approval. He didn't appoint Monsanto as food safety czar or sign a bill that would subject US citizens to indefinite detention. Sounds to me like this is pretty lightweight compared to what other politicians are doing.
  • Elaine Magliacane 2012/03/19 19:38:44
    Elaine Magliacane
    +7
  • JP Elaine ... 2012/03/20 04:35:03
    JP
    +1
    Look at what Ed Shultz did to his first wife. He is now the DNC spokesman!
    +2
    This guy David Hawk is not the first right wing nut case that slapped around his family. We had one here in Arizona too.
  • RJ~PWCM... sjalan 2012/03/19 20:39:19
    RJ~PWCM~JLA
    +3
    You had a left-wing nut case shoot a Congresswoman.
  • sjalan RJ~PWCM... 2012/03/19 20:57:36
    +2
    Jared Lee Loughner is a plain nut. By no means a left-wing nut. His reading material is all over the place. His mental state is totally disassociative making him incapable of decerning any form of political association.

Wrong choice of attempts to compare.
  • RJ~PWCM... sjalan 2012/03/19 21:00:10
    RJ~PWCM~JLA
    +4
    Nice try, but wrong. Within hours of the shooting, the libs took out their "blame the tea party" playbook without knowing diddly. Too bad for you that he was quickly identified as a "left-wing pothead".
  • sjalan RJ~PWCM... 2012/03/19 21:15:06
    +2
    He was id's as a pathological liar with a disassociative personality disorder. I got that directly from the clerk of the court who happens to live down the road from me.

Your attempt to spin this is a total failure.
  • RJ~PWCM... sjalan 2012/03/19 21:47:18
    RJ~PWCM~JLA
    +3
    Nice try, but you're simply acting in the completely predictable way you libs act. It's so transparent it's laughable.

And as an obedient pre-programmed lib, you even through in the obligatory "I have special first-hand knowledge" lie! LOL!!!
  • sjalan RJ~PWCM... 2012/03/19 22:13:04
    +2
    I would suggest your far more foolish than I thought you were. I am what is called an educated citizen. I do not follow the norms of party politics.

I am a fiscial conservative, A social liberal and a libriatarian when it comes to government. I also look to our US Constitution as a living document that acts as a guide to the courts in their path of determining proper decision of partisian politics .

In the case of Loungner he has been diagnoised by medical professionals and the courts have accepted that diagnois.

Since it is obvious you consider this Lies and my association with knowegable people on the subject lies, you make your point of being a first place idiot in the eyes of any who would read this exchange.

Live your brainwashed position but don't expect anyone here to believe you have any sense of reasoning behind your statements.

I would suggest you read the 9th Circuits determination on Loungner's emergency appeal, to help the Tuscon Circuit courts ability to determine his compentancy to stand trial. The formal diagnois is schizophrenia with bi-polar disassociative disorder. And was formally declared unable to stand trial until such time as he regained or medication was found that would render him competent to stand trial.

http://www.ca9.uscourts.gov/d...
  • RJ~PWCM... sjalan 2012/03/19 23:35:17
    RJ~PWCM~JLA
    +3
    You can call me all the names you want and stamp your feet up and down and hold your breath till you turn blue, if it all makes you feel better.

What you can't do is change the facts.

The shooter was a left-wing wack job, who shot Giffords because she wasn't left-wing enough for his sick mind.
  • Dogzebra~PWCM~JLA 2012/03/19 18:56:01
    Dogzebra~PWCM~JLA
    +6
    What is the point of this liberal drivel? Most places cops are now required to arrest someone if some third party 'thought' that someone was threatened and then reported it as DV to the cops.
  • RJ~PWCM~JLA 2012/03/19 18:39:17
    RJ~PWCM~JLA
    +4
    We can just imagine the conversation in the White House:

Axelrod: Barry, a pro-gun Tennessee state representative was just arrested for domestic violence!

0bama: Uhhhmm. Okay.

Axelrod: Well?

0bama: Well what?

Axelrod: Well - you need to activate that executive order you signed the other day, and suspend the 2nd amendment!

0bama: Uhhhhm. Okay. Executive order?

Axelrod: (rolls eyes) You know, Barry. That piece of paper that George dropped off for you to sign the other day. Remember?

0bama: Oh, yeah, right!
  • Eddie_DOMA_is_dead 2012/03/19 18:32:38 (edited)
  • Andy 2012/03/19 18:26:34
    Andy
    +4
    There are ill acting people... on either side of the aisle. He was wrong...and will suffer the consequences

2014/09/02 02:24:11