Priest: "I'm in Love With a Woman" Should Catholic priests be allowed to know "women" in the Biblical Sense?

-sasman- 2009/05/10 02:25:16
NO!  Priests are "married" to God!
Of course, why can't they have a consenting adult relationship with a woman.
If it's okay (sort-of) for them to diddle the altar boys...
He's in love and he doesn't care who knows. The persecuted priest came clean during an interview with Spanish-language station Univision on Friday and gave a few details into what was going on in his head when he risked his prominent place in the Catholic Church for love.

"I have always been a man and there are pants under this robe," Cutié said. "I don't feel bad about falling in love. I knew God was watching me."

So was a photographer, who snapped about 30 pictures of the priest and his lady love, 35-year-old Ruhama Buni Canellis, on a beach in some compromising positions. One pic had Cutié with his holy hands all down Canellis' bathing suit bottom.Cutié, 40, and Canellis have had a thing going on for about 10 years, he said.

Univision only aired portions of the interview, which will be put on display in its entirety later. Cutié is also expected to make an appearance on the Early Show on Monday.
He stepped down from his post as both head of St. Francis de Sales Catholic Church and administrator of the Archdiocese of Miami's radio programming.

During much of the interview, Cutié reiterated his desire to continue to be a priest, although that goal is pretty much shot unless the Catholic Church reverses on centuries of tradition.
Priest aren't allowed to have wives or any other romantic dealings with women, thus the vow of celibacy.
Still, the ever-popular and charismatic Cutié has voiced his opinion that it may be time for change.

"I will be a priest until the day I die," he said. "There are different ways to be a priest."

SOURCE: http://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local/Priest-Im-in-Love-With-a-W...

• Philo-Publius 2009/05/10 03:09:31
    Philo-Publius
    +3
    I'm just so goddam happy it's with an adult woman this time that I am beside myself with elation...

...yeah, go ahead... do whatever you want.

• Joe 2009/06/26 12:59:23
    Joe
    +1
    They should be able to get married and have a full life.
  • Divided States of America 2009/05/12 01:10:14
    Divided States of America
    +1
    I got a laugh put of the third choice.The real truth of this is that the church would end up with the priests land and ect.,not some woman or family.This was set up centuries ago,not that it means much today.Catholics are the only ones it think[i really don't know]that are this way. As if someome that doesn't have sex is closer to god.
  • thekidflash 2009/05/11 14:21:34
    thekidflash
    +2
    The more you repress something as strong as a sex drive, the more energy goes into bad things, like screwing kids.
  • Lunacat 2009/05/10 16:18:26
    Lunacat
    +2
    That whole Catholic hierarchy should just pass into oblivion.
  • The Lorax 2009/05/10 13:31:09
    The Lorax
    +2
    People get weird when they deny their sexuality. It doesn't say anything in the Bible about being a celibate monk (except that Paul recommends staying single if you want to travel around), and Catholic tradition goes against several scriptures like not calling anyone father or having a spiritual middle man, forbidding anyone to eat meat... the story of Peter being the first pope is made up, based on a misreading... How can you give family counsel when you never put up with your wife's PMS?
  • hollyjo The Lorax 2009/05/10 15:19:15
    hollyjo
    +3
    Amen. Finally, someone got it. The Bible doesn't say a monk or priest can't be married.That is something that is self-imposed and it doesn't work.
  • The Lorax hollyjo 2009/05/10 15:51:37
    The Lorax
    +2
    It takes a certain asexual asceticism most people don't possess. It's not how we're hard-wired.
  • VICTORIA 2009/05/10 05:47:02
    NO! Priests are "married" to God!
    VICTORIA
    +2
    The priest may be somewhat weak, and a bit of a hypocrite- but he is in the untenable position of trying to reconcile two irreconcilable elements.

He took a vow- and that is a lifelong committment, and it is noble that he wants to honor it.

Celibacy is an unnatural state for humans-
    He is compounding his sin(from his peprspective) by not marrying the woman also.

Being asked to make a choice between the god and one's normal desire and need(not want) for sexual companionship and beyond has created many a tragic story in the churches history.

Not a reasonable choice to be offered.
    The choice to leave vocations is not one many can accomplish with any degree of ease.
    Poor guy.
  • Philo-Publius 2009/05/10 03:09:31
    Philo-Publius
    +3

• hollyjo Philo-P... 2009/05/10 15:23:13
    hollyjo
    +3
    What else can I say.AN ADULT CONSENTING WOMAN. I am ecstatic.
  • ctuagentdown 2009/05/10 02:51:06
    ctuagentdown
    +2
    they need some good news let them have legal sex with grown women
  • grandlady 2009/05/10 02:42:26
    grandlady
    +1
    It is normal and human to have a relation with a woman, as Jesus son of god had his relation with a Magdalina and it is normal act of humans and should be respected. That is make life to go on. How can you priest for God if you do not know everything and feal it.
  • padraig grandlady 2009/05/10 03:26:36 (edited)
    padraig
    It is normal for men to have relations with women, specifically in the context of marriage.

However, I don't believe Jesus had relations with any woman, mainly because: There is no such corroborating account by more than one person;
    and, if he had wanted to have women to 'know' (as in the Biblical sense), he would have treated women according to the tradition of the time, i.e., as property, for his pleasure.

Jesus treated women as if he wanted them to think that he cared for them, and that they were equals in his ministry (as an example, he spoke to them directly). We are not property in God's Kingdom, but 'heirs' in the Kingdom to come. I Peter 2:9, and I Peter 5:4.
  • VICTORIA padraig 2009/05/10 05:41:11
    VICTORIA
    +1
    No offense, but how many corroborating accounts can you find of more than one person that you have had relations with any woman?
    My point is, thatit would be a very difficult thing to corroborate, assuming that is what you wanted.
  • padraig VICTORIA 2009/05/10 14:22:51
    padraig
    +1
    No offense taken by your insightful question.

If you were as famous as Jesus Christ was, with as many intimate accounts being given of your life by several people, and with thousands witnessing your ministry, trial, and death, it should be pretty difficult to hide such an affair no matter how secretive.

Those who sought to discredit him were many, and they dug 'deep' to find any incriminating evidence. In the end, he was executed on a vague, and flimsy, accusation.
  • cds padraig 2009/05/10 17:04:05
    cds
    +1
    I must ask padraig. What do you believe of the Gnostic Gospel of Philip?

The Gnostic Gospel of Philip describes Magdalene as "the one who was called [Jesus'] companion," claiming that he "used to kiss her on her [mouth]."
  • VICTORIA padraig 2009/05/10 19:32:02 (edited)
    VICTORIA
    You are right about that. Good point.
  • The Beaver 2009/05/10 02:41:15
    The Beaver
    +2
    They tend to get away with a little too much as it is..what does this really matter in the grand scheme of things?
  • -sasman- The Beaver 2009/05/10 02:48:18
    -sasman-
    +2
    I think it will be the beginning of a big bruha-ha in the Catholic Church. They are pretty embattled over the shell game of moving pedo-priests around. Should be sort of interesting. I don't know if it's still true, but at one time, the Catholic Church was the richest private organization in the world. Lots of skull & bones in their closets...
  • The Beaver -sasman- 2009/05/10 02:52:13
    The Beaver
    +3
    Yep, it's always interesting when these priests are exposed. I have no respect for them anymore, they are no better than anyone of us.
  • The Sane One 2009/05/10 02:37:10
    The Sane One
    +3
    They didn't raise a fuss when the priests were screwing kids-- but they are upset about them having sex with adults.

Kinda makes you think about the REST of what they are teaching.
  • S 2009/05/10 02:32:31
    NO! Priests are "married" to God!
    S
    They claimed to have taken a vow to God then stick to it....this is why i don't believe in all that nonsense that comes out the church...
  • -sasman- S 2009/05/10 02:36:31
    -sasman-
    Yes, they do take a vow of celibacy. But it's kind of like the song "What happens if you're married when the right one comes along?"
  • S -sasman- 2009/05/10 02:38:33
    S
    +1
    I guess so but then isn't it different for priest or at least leave the church before you actually go out there and do something... don't you think?
  • -sasman- S 2009/05/10 02:42:04
    -sasman-
    +2
    I think they should change the whole thing. It was probably a sincerely pure intent when it started, but it seems to have outlived its usefulness...
  • S -sasman- 2009/05/10 02:43:40
    S
    +1
    i guess
  • Divided... -sasman- 2009/05/12 01:23:54
    Divided States of America
    They should change it,I don't think it had anything to do with pure intent.The churches control of the priests land and money when he died.Just think for a second a priest in every small town,thats gotta add up to alot!
  • VICTORIA S 2009/05/10 05:41:55
    VICTORIA
    Yes I do

2014/10/25 17:04:35