Presidential Election Dirty Tricks: Have you been affected by any political schemes?

Politics 2008/11/03 21:10:04
Yes, I've received a bogus flyer...
Yes, I've received threatening or fraudulent emails...
Yes, I've received phony political phone calls...
Yes, I've been affected by a political scam when...
No. I have never been affected by a political scheme
Voter persuasion, intimidation and misleading advertisements are nothing new in the political game during election time. However, in the days leading up to the 2008 presidential election between Democratic candidate, Barack Obama, and Republican candidate, John McCain, threats have reached new heights. The Voting Rights Act protects the rights of citizens, making it a prosecutable offense to mislead or intimidate voters, but pointing the finger at the culprit is the hard part.

During this 2008 presidential election, complaints have been filed about threats circulating, warning voters to be cautious when going to the polling stations. One such threat was spread in a predominantly African-American neighborhood in Philadelphia, warning citizens that they could be arrested at the polling station for any criminal convictions or even unpaid tickets. Email is another common medium for spreading bogus information which has affected many voting citizens, as well as receiving fake, but authentic looking, flyers at your door step.

• ML 2008/11/04 22:04:46
    ML
    +8
    Black Panthers blocked the doorway into a polling place near my home. One of the two men was brandishing a nightstick and using it to intimidate voters. The police took him away. His partner in crime was angry because their antics were caught by news cameras. They were blocking voters who seemed not to agree with their agenda - otherwise known as Barack Obama. Please God - let John and Sarah be victorious today! It's America's only hope for domestic peace!

• jacquie Angie 2008/11/04 14:26:10
    jacquie
    +1
    How naive can YOU be? Obama is nothing but trouble for us. He will raise your taxes, electricity will be going up that you may not have funds to pay the bill! He'll probably have Ayers on his Administrative Staff, as well as Farrakan who calls him the Savior! Evidently you have not done your homework on the candidates.
  • Cale jacquie 2008/11/04 14:58:00
    Cale
    How naive can YOU be to think that McCain is any better? ONE party, TWO names. Voting for either is voting for Oligarchy.
  • Pepou jacquie 2008/11/04 15:43:09
    Pepou
    +1
    Electricity will go up ? Morons like you who live in the Middle Ages should use candles. You have not done your homework on the candidates. You are just repeating the unfounded rumors which nobody (educated that is) believe in.
    Racists like you will shape up or ship out tomorrow.
  • Reno Roy Pepou 2008/12/04 00:18:37
  • Angie jacquie 2008/11/04 16:54:28
    Angie
    +1
    Sorry to break it to you, I've done plenty of research. I know that I'm getting a bigger tax cut under Obama than I would with McCain. I will also bet you a million dollars that neither Ayers nor Farrakhan will end up on Obama's administrative staff if he is elected. How confident are you now of your assertions?
  • Reno Roy Angie 2008/12/04 00:05:51
  • bluesky... jacquie 2008/11/20 13:24:16
    blueskyseas
    +1
    The controversy involving the two men wearing Black Panthers apparel at a local polling place in Philadelphia is getting national attention.Fox 29 (Philadelphia) spoke with one man, Jerry Jackson, on Tuesday afternoon who said he was a locally elected committee man and entitled to be at the polling place.
    "I'm the line manager out here. I'm the committee person for the 14th Ward, 4th Division," said Jackson, who was wearing a Panthers uniform.A spokeswoman for the DA's office said that office didn't receive a single complaint about voter intimidation at the location.No charges were filed in Tuesday's incident on Fairmount Avenue. As of about 4:30 p.m., police reported no major problems. The DA's office said it received half the calls it did in the 2004 presidential election.
  • MARK bluesky... 2008/11/25 21:31:11
    MARK
    I HAVE TAPE ( COPY) I'M KEEPING THE ORG.SHOW BLACK GUY'S SAYING THEY ARE GOING TO RAPE WHITE WOMAN IF ABAMA DOES NOT WIN.LOOK FOR IT ON DEC 1 ST.OBAMACRIMES.COM
  • Reno Roy MARK 2008/12/04 00:08:01

2014/12/18 04:06:01