President Obama's Oil Production Lie

snipe 2012/03/04 20:08:37
And boy do the obots suck it all up!

With gas prices soaring on his watch, President Obama is eager to deflect attention from his record of blocking American energy production that would help address the pain at the pump and create jobs. As part of this strategy, the president is trying to take credit for an increase in domestic oil production – a claim he repeated this afternoon in Florida. It’s a nice talking point, but a highly misleading one.

Here are the facts: it is the significant increase in energy production on state and private lands – where Washington has limited control – that is largely responsible for the recent boost in oil production. According to a new non-partisan analysis of government data, oil production on private and state lands jumped by 14 percent during the last fiscal year. Production on federal lands, meanwhile, dropped by 11 percent. This trend is almost certain to continue given that the Obama Administration’s draft five-year drilling plan prohibits offshore drilling in new areas, and only allows lease sales to occur in areas that are already open.

As for any recent increases in oil production on federal lands, they can largely be attributed to the policies of previous administrations. The Natural Resources Committee has more on this and the president’s other dubious energy claims.

Often quick to assign blame, the White House is stingy about sharing credit. Take the president’s new budget, in which more than half of the proposed savings comes from the Budget Control Act and spending cuts the president opposed for months. In both cases, the administration is trying to take credit when it shouldn’t, distract from the size and scope of the problem at hand, and give itself a pass on coming up with much-needed solutions.

Rising gas prices drain economic confidence fast,” The Washington Post notes, “as most Americans feel pinched as soon as they fill up their next tank.” Americans deserve the truth about our energy challenges, and solutions that square with reality. That’s why Republicans unveiled the American Energy Initiative last year, and passed several bills to expand domestic energy production as part of the Plan for America’s Job Creators. Learn more at http://jobs.GOP.gov.

http://www.speaker.gov/Blog/?postid=281672

• marylou5 2012/03/04 20:26:29
    marylou5
    +11
    Another BIG lie to add to all the others that Obama feeds to the liberal media, the robot reporters, and journalists, who have lost all integrity and spew it as fact.
    Time they grew a backbone!

• Seonag 2012/03/05 12:55:45
    Seonag
    +5
    Of course he's taking credit for wells on private lands that received approval during the Bush administration but didn't start actual producing until his administration.
  • Mark P. 2012/03/05 12:46:53
    Mark P.
    +3
    Rig count in the Gulf is down from what it used to be.
  • voice_m... Mark P. 2012/03/05 16:17:19
    voice_matters
    and yet oil production is up. giving obama the ability to say we do not need new oil rigs. seeing that the same people that are upset with goivernment interference in business are also upset that oil production is only up thanks to private business.
  • Radlad 2012/03/05 12:08:13
    Radlad
    +1
    I knew that!
  • DavE 2012/03/05 11:38:08
    DavE
    +4
    The only truthful reason Obama has for sheep to re-elect him is that he's not finished lying yet.
  • JingerJewels 2012/03/05 09:25:16
    JingerJewels
    +5
    And why are we surprised by another lie coming from Odimwit and his Mafia http://www.africaw.com/forum/...
  • Pete 2012/03/05 09:25:00
    Pete
    +3
    So what else is new, lie after lie, this carpetbagger has not told the truth or kept any of his campaign promises, and has taken us so far into debt I'll never live long enough to see a balanced budget! Next he is going to attack S.S. and Medicare, it is just his style. Remember all this carp come November, and let's elect someone that will pull our great country back up to where she belongs.
  • voice_m... Pete 2012/03/05 16:33:44
    voice_matters
    libby you really like to ignore the facts don't you. lets do firts the lies of yours. first the lie that he has told a lie. where is the lie seeing you can not back anything. next lie about his not keeping his promises. so libby the promises he has kept that you ignore. lets see he promised to give up socialiazed healthcare and we have obamacare. he promised to increase taxes and we have higher taxes. he promised to increase energy costs and they have increased. so maybe you should look at the promises that he has kept.

now libby your belief of a balanced budget seeing no one is trying to balance the budget stop with your hate and follow the facts.

as for the election we know that romney is just like obama so no need to vote for him. ron paul wants to destroy america with his isolationist policies so no need to vote for him. then santorum thinks ending gay marrirage and abortions will help america. so when we take those three out we only have newt and the tea libs will not vote for anyone that has a hiostory of workign for america not against it. the only chance we have to help america now is to make sure true republicans are elected to the senate and the house to work for america.
  • Pete voice_m... 2012/03/05 19:47:16
    Pete
    +1
    Wow, Thanks for the heated answer,,,,,,,,,,,,,I'm really glad you got it out of your system. I guess the way I wrote my opinion it came accross as a "Libby", far from it, Believe it or not, you pointed out everthing I and millions of others feel. We Got hope and Change,,,Chicago Style, my home town., now we have to change it back. Thanks again for pointing out all or president has done for us. There is still hope, on our great country anyway!
  • voice_m... Pete 2012/03/05 20:07:41
    voice_matters
    libby still waiting for the lies and the promises he has not kept.
  • Pete voice_m... 2012/03/05 20:43:23
    Pete
    +2
    That will be the other shoe being dropped!
  • voice_m... Pete 2012/03/05 21:14:37
    voice_matters
    thanks libby
  • snipe Pete 2012/03/05 20:46:24
    snipe
    +1
    Want some advise pete? Ignore that fruitcake voice m. He calls everyone a libby and is a die hard oboma supporter. He'll just keep arguing and he never makes any sense. He always shows up on my polls with his insane comments.
  • Pete snipe 2012/03/05 21:25:09
    Pete
    +2
    I was going as him next if I had to vote for the carpetbaagger next, I don't want to but thanks for the warning! It feels funny being a liberial now, how do I un do it!!!LOL!
  • seadog6... snipe 2012/03/07 12:51:22
  • snipe seadog6... 2012/03/07 20:21:21
    snipe
    +1
    Good idea.
  • seadog6... Pete 2012/03/07 12:50:49
  • JingerJewels 2012/03/05 09:21:22
    JingerJewels
    +5
    And why are we surprised
  • AL 2012/03/05 08:34:20
    AL
    +6
    LOL! This must be some kind of a sick joke? Since Obama and his own sec. of energy Steven Chu have adimitted they WANT the price of our gas and oil to SKY ROCKET already in fact!
  • DebraJMSmith 2012/03/05 08:29:39
    DebraJMSmith
    +1
    Thanks for the info.
  • TheTruth1313 2012/03/05 07:36:21
    TheTruth1313
    +1
    Wait! The media lied to cover for Obama?!? Hell you say!! Obama has all but come out and said that he wants to raise the price of oil and gas. There are things that can be done such as remove oil from the trade-able commodities list, but, we all know that Big Oil has already bought and paid for our so-called "leaders" to do no such thing. The sad fact is that there truly is no reason for the high price of oil and gas other then corporate greed and government corruption.
  • Rodney 2012/03/05 06:34:29
    Rodney
    +2
    I might just add one thing. I got into a similar debate yesterday. The actually production for the last two years is all within historical norms.
    Here's a link for our usage.
    http://www.eia.gov/dnav/pet/h...

Here's a link for our imports
    http://www.eia.gov/dnav/pet/p...

Here's the link for our domestic production
    http://www.eia.gov/dnav/pet/h...

You will find on this last link that our domestic production is still below the 1999 and before numbers.
  • redhorse29 2012/03/05 05:46:07
    redhorse29
    +1
    This says it pretty well. Is this the kind of man we want to re elect? I am tired of his wealthy liberal progressive elitist big government bullying.
  • voice_m... redhorse29 2012/03/05 16:39:22
    voice_matters
    who is he bullying? he has not tried to stop any drilling on private lands. tell me how he has bullied you.
  • Chelsea 2012/03/05 05:06:00 (edited)
    Chelsea
    +3
    All that is left of American Obama supporters...........

disillusioned obama supporters

poster of pelosi and liberalism logic
  • sbtbill 2012/03/05 05:05:15
    sbtbill
    Gas prices are about the same as in the summer of 2008. The world is using more gas. It is going to keep doing that. Other countries are smart enough to use other fuels and push mass transit. We better do the same because gas is only going to get more expensive. Anybody who says otherwise is a liar or a fool.
  • Chelsea sbtbill 2012/03/05 05:07:55
  • MadAsHEck sbtbill 2012/03/05 06:14:38
    MadAsHEck
    +2
    Actually we are usaing less gas etc., which is why we are exporting finished product at an increased rate.

Problem is that like all things, the cost of Finished product is controlled by the cost of Raw materials. In the case of Petrolium prodicts that is Crude Oil, and its price is controlled by Global Speculators, and OPEC. both of whic are not friends of the USA.

Only by increaiing the availability of Domestic Raw material, (Cude Oil), can we take away the leverage the speculators and OPEC have over our country.
  • T J MadAsHEck 2012/03/05 07:30:19
    T J
    +1
    Can you repeat that? I just love hearing the truth out of the nonsense.
  • Kiosk Kid T J 2012/03/06 14:18:21 (edited)
    Kiosk Kid
    Quote what you think was nonense. When a Marxist Liberal can't argue with a person's message, they use the fallacy of Shooting the Messenger and attack the person making the argument. Of course, a fallacy is a breakdown in logic. You can call it Liberal logic or nonsense.
  • T J Kiosk Kid 2012/03/06 15:11:38
    T J
    blahblahblah. Marxist liberal? Really? Aren't you doing the exact same thing you're accusing me of doing? This post is basically an advertisement for the Republican Parties energy policy. Not to say there aren't some points, but the points are skewed to John Boehner's point of view, just like everything else on Sodahead.
  • Kiosk Kid T J 2012/03/06 15:36:57 (edited)
    Kiosk Kid
    You asked; "Aren't you doing the exact same thing you're accusing me of doing?" No I didn't use a fallacy like shooting the messenger. You couldn't argue with the person so you used an Ad Hominem fallacy.

I asked you to Quote what you think was nonense. I was trying to argue with your message.

However, all you did again was spew more accusations. You don't have any argument.
  • T J Kiosk Kid 2012/03/07 06:53:37
    T J
    "With gas prices soaring on his watch, President Obama is eager to deflect attention from his record of blocking American energy production that would help address the pain at the pump and create jobs." As I've said before, the president is not responsible for gas prices. And this post is an advertisement for the Republicans energy policy. Have you seen the links? Am I wrong? Now go ahead accuse of not having an argument, it's not like you matter anyway.
  • Kiosk Kid T J 2012/03/07 15:54:36 (edited)
    Kiosk Kid
    Oil production on public land has declined 14 percent under Obama.

“Domestic oil production may be at an all-time high nationwide, but the increase is primarily occurring on state and private lands rather than on federal land and waters, where production appears to have dropped significantly in 2011, according to the most recent government data.

Production of natural gas on public lands and waters in fiscal 2011 dropped 11 percent from the previous year, according to Interior Department data. Oil production dipped nearly 14 percent.

The reduction in oil production was most significant in the Gulf of Mexico, where it declined nearly 17 percent to 514 million barrels from 618 million barrels in 2010.”

http://eenews.net/public/Gree...

You didn't make an argument. You simply repeated your accusation; "As I've said before, the president is not responsible for gas prices."

Notice how I made an argument with facts. Facts never support party line crap. That is why Liberals can only spew accusations.
  • T J Kiosk Kid 2012/03/08 02:18:35
    T J
    Yaddayadda liberals yadda. Anyway, I find it funny that you forget to mention why oil production dropped in 2011. You also forget to mention that oil production is still higher than it was in 2007. Look, if you are going to bring facts, bring facts, not just what you like. How's that for an argument?
    http://www.whitehouse.gov/sit...
  • Kiosk Kid T J 2012/03/08 03:03:23 (edited)
    Kiosk Kid
    My reference was for 2011. Yours was for 2010, your was old news. Everything Obama touches turns to crap. Oil production on public land and water turned to crap in 2011.

From my reference; "The reduction in oil production was most significant in the Gulf of Mexico, where it declined nearly 17 percent to 514 million barrels from 618 million barrels in 2010.”

Therefore, 104 million barrels less in the Gulf of Mexico were produced in 2011 then in 2010 for a 17 percent decline.

Try to produce some recent facts.
  • T J Kiosk Kid 2012/03/08 03:13:48
    T J
    Actually I am. You didn't explain why the moratorium took place. Because of the oil explosion and a need to find a safer way to drill for oil. And as I've said before, oil production in 2011 is still higher than from 2007 and 2008. So I am using recent facts. Yours. Burn.
  • Kiosk Kid T J 2012/03/08 14:00:00 (edited)
    Kiosk Kid
    Let me slam you again with facts

Oil production on private land increased dramatically because of fracking. Therefore, oil production increased in spite of Obama.

The big increase was in the Bakken oil fields of North Dakota. Of course tree huggers don't like fracking either.

Oil production dropped 14 percent on public land in 2011. What did that have to do with oil drilling in the Gulf? It had entirely to do with Obama dragging his feet.

GM has stopped production of Obama's dream car, the Chevy Volt because nobody is buying the junk. The battery cost $10,000 dollars which would buy 2500 gallons of gasoline. At 25 miles per gallon you could drive 62,500 miles.

You can easily buy cars in the Volts class that get 40 MPG that would go 100,000 miles just on the cost of the volts battery. What a piece of junk.
  • AL sbtbill 2012/03/05 08:39:02 (edited)
    AL
    +2
    Obamas own sec.of energy Steven Chu just admitted the Obama administrations plan was to Raise the cost of our Oil and gas at the pump in fact!
  • Kiosk Kid sbtbill 2012/03/05 19:45:30 (edited)
    Kiosk Kid
    +1
    What do you suggest we use to power our vehicles? What is the alternative?

How many Mass transit system aren't government subsidized because they can't make a profit?

2014/07/31 23:57:55