President Obama Speaks at Conference on Conservation

Mopvyzo 2012/03/03 11:04:36

Effective conservation is about more than protecting the environment, it's about strengthening the economy. March 2, 2012.

Read More: http://www.sodahead.com/united-states/Barack-Obama...

• Swampdo... Tedster 2012/04/01 20:31:05
    Swampdog PWCM
    Out of ideas? Crank up the name calling!
  • Tedster Swampdo... 2012/04/03 08:25:25
  • Swampdo... Tedster 2012/04/04 19:20:20
    Swampdog PWCM
    And there you have it!
  • Tedster Swampdo... 2012/04/05 03:28:25
    Tedster
    And who said we couldn't agree?
  • Stix 2012/03/03 16:41:15
    Stix
    Boring...
  • Captain-Morgan 2012/03/03 16:26:09
    Captain-Morgan
    +3
    SAME OLD SAME OLD SPEECH.... A TALKING HEAD WITH NO BRAIN... HE JUST READS WHATS ON THE SCREENS AROUND HIM...
  • dayowayne 2012/03/03 16:01:09 (edited)
  • TerryAgee 2012/03/03 15:54:22
    TerryAgee
    Good for him!
  • Andy 2012/03/03 14:59:53
    Andy
    +2
    What he is conserving... his power over the people and Congress. Does he really care... don't think so.
  • Racefish 2012/03/03 14:55:45
    Racefish
    +2
    "2010 the first time dependence on oil was under 50%."

Right! It was too expensive. On top of that, many people were out of jobs, the economy was down, so the need wasn't there.
  • Tuna 2012/03/03 13:39:29 (edited)
    Tuna
    +2
    The LIBS and their conservation, LOL. Why didn't they conserve the cars that used to get 40-60 miles per gallon? and VERY affordable? Can't do that now with all the conservation they have done, LOL !!!!!!
    . dodge omni k cars mg midget
  • dayowayne Tuna 2012/03/03 15:38:59
    dayowayne
    Horse power is another thing. Why do you need 600 HP to go to work?
  • Tuna dayowayne 2012/03/03 15:41:03
    Tuna
    I don't know anybody who drives a Lambo or a Ferrari to work; insurances won't let them.
  • dayowayne Tuna 2012/03/03 16:23:52
    dayowayne
    http://www.cadillac.com/cts-v...
    Sorry it's only 550 HP.My point is most production cars built today have alot of HP. My wifes six cyl. car has more HP than the same make in the 80's with an 8 cyl. With the advancments that have been made in the past 10 years if you cut the HP we could have cars that get 50 or 60 MPG.
  • Tuna dayowayne 2012/03/03 16:59:54
    Tuna
    +1
    It's the same mistakes we made back in the 70es with the 426 hemi, 427 Corvette, 429 Boss Mustang; we are repeating the same mistakes with the same results; over and over again hoping for different results. You can buy a VW these days with 455 H.P; a VW?
  • ed Tuna 2012/03/03 17:44:46
    ed
    +1
    some like the power they posess
  • Tuna ed 2012/03/03 17:55:41
    Tuna
    I do; wow people think these days that a 250 hp rice burner is powerful; they wouldn't know what to do with a 426 max wedge pegged out.
  • Tedster Tuna 2012/04/03 08:29:28 (edited)
    Tedster
    I'll take the hemi over the wedge all though I've driven both. My bro had a 64 Plymouth Belvedere with a 426 wedge in it. My current ride has 505 hp and does the qtr in 11.7 stock, much faster than anything stock in the 60's.
  • Tuna Tedster 2012/04/03 11:04:39
    Tuna
    The 440-6pack was the best street machine; the hemis were fine in a straight line if TUNED right but that 440-6pack was a beast.
  • Tedster Tuna 2012/04/04 08:46:04 (edited)
    Tedster
    Yeah, I used to race a guy w/ a GTX with some bolt ons that ran low 13's and knew a guy w/ a 70 Challenger w/ a 440 tri-power you describe but never got the chance to run him.

I almost forgot that I had a 70 AAR cuda in a "Plum Crazy" color that came stock with a 340 six pack. They only made them in 1970 and made 1500 T/A Challengers and Cudas in that configuration so they could race them on some circuit? Maybe the Trans Am circuit?
  • Tuna Tedster 2012/04/04 11:09:58
    Tuna
    I had a Dart with the HP340, 4bbl, racing block. That thing was just as fast as my HP383 SuperBee. I know the AAR/TA well; very under-rated; the answer to the Z-28 and GT Mustangs that ran Trans-Am; but TransAm limited displacement to 302 C.I. until 1970 or 1971 when they upped it to 350 C.I. The Z-28 came out with the 350 small block, no match for the 340-6bbl.
  • Tedster Tuna 2012/04/05 03:27:23
    Tedster
    Good info, thx. My best friend had a '68 340 Dart with a Carter AFV (I think it was) and solid lifters. He ran 13.98 one night in it. If I recall correctly, the 340 Dart was faster than the 383 Dart model and would beat the crap out of a Roadrunner. I recall reading the car mags that a stock Roadrunner ran mid 15's. I loved the Z28 from the 60's w/ the 302. I remember reading the car mags about one they put a 1050cfm 3 bbl on and some 4.88's or 56's that ran low 13's back around 1969 or so. What a fun time that was back then. The cops would cuss you out and then let you go. I got caught after racing a 67 GTO 389 tri power and the cop wound up telling me about his racing days back in Oklahoma. Wouldn't happen today!
  • Tuna Tedster 2012/04/05 11:09:10
    Tuna
    At the Orlando World of Speed (dragstrip) Thursday nite was open to the public, "you race what you brung"; these black guys had an old Buick 225 they called the deuce and a quarter with the 455 CI Wildcat Buick engine. They beat everybody, Roadruners, Chevelles, Darts all but the 426 Hemis. That 426 hemi had to be tuned just right; nothing would beat it but if you didn't have those two AFBs perfect, they could be beat.
  • Tedster Tuna 2012/04/06 09:03:29
    Tedster
    Interesting. My mom had a 1965 Buick Electra 225 with a Wildcat 425 engine in it. As a kid I raced and beat Mercury 390 4 bbls and Roadrunners in it. It had tons of torque.
  • Tuna Tedster 2012/04/06 11:01:22
    Tuna
    These guys had that old 455CI jacked up; it was probably putting out about 500HP and torque that would pull a stump out of the ground. The torque, that's where the real performance was; putting ALL of that HP on the ground.
  • Tedster Tuna 2012/04/07 08:13:20
    Tedster
    Remember the 70 Buick GS Stage One with a 455 in it? I think it was rated at 375hp but was faster than most of the Vettes except perhaps the L88 which I think may have been quicker. The GS ran low 13's right off the showroom floor w/ an automatic in it. Not unlike those Buick Grand Nationals of the mid 80's. As I recall they were a .10 faster in the qtr and 0-60 than the Vettes.
  • Tuna Tedster 2012/04/09 11:20:01
    Tuna
    It was that 570lb.ft. of torque the GS had. The 426 Hemi was only about 500 lb.ft. Those mid-80es Corvettes were anything BUT a Corvette; the Grand National was 6 cylinder but it had a super charger.
  • Swampdo... Tuna 2012/03/04 04:52:57
    Swampdog PWCM
    I'm waiting for the flying car.
  • Tuna Swampdo... 2012/03/04 13:51:41
    Tuna
    +1
    I.m waiting for the one that folds up like a briefcase; Jetsons style.
  • Ray Senior Tuna 2012/03/08 14:48:08
    Ray Senior
    These items have nothing to do with the matter at hand. These are luxury items, not meant to drive to work necessarily. We purchase boats, RVs, skiing equipment, fishing equipment, hunting equipment etc. I've owned some of these things and I worked hard for them,but in this economy these luxuries are not practical, so I made adjustments; however, I've always dtiven a gas saver to work. Americans have always been spoiled, but the truth of the matter is, auto technology has never been our friend becsuse we've all know for years what kind of mileage we could get if the propet tevhnology was used. Look at trains, if we used that technology we could go from Alaska to Florida and back on a single tank of fuel in our largest pickup truck...so you do the math. Who stands to prosper by bogging down this technology?
  • RJ~PWCM~JLA 2012/03/03 13:22:08
    RJ~PWCM~JLA
    +5
    More taxpayer money wasted on what 0bama decides to waste it on.
  • ed 2012/03/03 12:50:35
    ed
    +5
    now where did I put that speech jammer?
  • shadow76 ed 2012/03/03 16:34:09
  • Swampdo... ed 2012/03/04 04:53:55
    Swampdog PWCM
    +1
    Hook the speech jammer to the teleprompter!
  • Dave 007 2012/03/03 12:41:49
    Dave 007
    +4
    How many times does he read amd re-read the speech that someone wrote for him.
  • Zippcodey Dave 007 2012/03/03 15:33:23 (edited)
    Zippcodey
    +1
    Barack Obama a Muslim/Christian and his liberal partners working for the Vatican's Social Reform/Justice Agenda: Jesuit-tutored, imposter president, Barry Davis

The new Speaker of the House is John Boehner and he is a Catholic too. He needs to be watched.

Christian Catholic Pelosi

Christian Catholic Biden, holding honorary degrees from Jesuit St. Joseph’s University in Philadelphia and Jesuit University of Scranton

Bill Clinton who was a Baptist went to Georgetown, the oldest Jesuit University in the U.S.

-----------------------------...

Clinton goes to Georgetown University where he finds a mentor in Professor Carroll Quigley. Quigley writes: "That the two political parties should represent opposed ideals and policies. . . is a foolish idea. Instead, the two parties should be almost identical . . .The policies that are vital and necessary for America are no longer subjects of significant disagreement, but are disputable only in detail, procedure, priority, or method."

Now watch what Pelosi says and you will see that it is coming from Rome, it's what Clinton learned at the Jesuit Georgetown University.

Pelosi says, “To my Republican friends: take back your party. So that it doesn’t matter so much who wins the election, because we have shared values about the...

&

Christian Catholic Pelosi

-----------------------------...

Pelosi says, “To my Republican friends: take back your party. So that it doesn’t matter so much who wins the election, because we have shared values about the education of our children, the growth of our economy, how we defend our country, our security and civil liberties, how we respect our seniors.” Pelosi also said: "Elections shouldn’t matter as much as they do’ and warned that it would be problematic for the country if both parties do not have shared values."

Pelosi is the spokeswoman for Rome and the Catholic Bishops. That's why she did not retire they still need her. They are teaching Socialism to our kids in school. They do not really care about our liberties, our economy or defense of this country, they act like they care till they get their power, then see what happens, another Hitler Germany.

Pelosi: Catholic Church Secretly Wants Govt Contraception

House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi says the Catholic Church wants the federal government to enforce contraception because the church, by default, has failed to do so.

"Ninety-eight percent of women in childbearing age that are Catholic use contraception,” Pelosi, a Catholic, said in a speech at Texas A&M; University in College Station.

“So, in practice, the church has not enforced this, and now they want the federal government and private insurance to enforce it. It just isn't consistent to me," a CNSNews.com report quotes the California Democrat as saying.

Americans should pray for successful implementation of President Barack Obama's mandate that insurance companies provide healthcare plans with contraception, including sterilization and abortion-inducing drugs, Pelosi said.

"Abortion should be rare and safe," she said, so contraception offers women a logical choice.

"The same kind of science that can help women with the size and timing of their families is the same type of science that can help with infertility and other health issues that women face. So let's be prayerful of that and how we go forward on that," Pelosi said in response to a question from the audience.

The Catholic Church opposes Obama's mandate, scheduled to go into effect Aug. 1. All 181 Catholic bishops in the United States have denounced the regulation and the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops have called it "an unprecedented attack on religious freedom.” (Yeah right)

-----------------------------...

Al Gore is also a Catholic, he's pushing the Earth Warming agenda.

John Boehner is the new Speaker of the House, he is also a Catholic and needs to be watched closely on how he votes who he picks to hold certain positions and stuff.

Muslim/Christian Obama while living in Indonesia under the name of Barry Soetero even though a Muslim went to a Catholic School. Obama worked for the Catholic Churches in Chicago for the Campaign for Human Development in Chicago. He said the experience “led me into public service.” He also has ties to Georgetown. What's crazy about all this is Muslims and Christians are supposed to be enemies, don't believe it. Obama went to a Catholic School in Indonesia to learn Islam.

Elena Kagan nomination, Played Role In Hiding Obama's Birth Certificate. These people come out of one big circle. Kagan was the Solicitor General in the Department of Justice for the suits against Obama filed with the Supreme Court to show proof of natural born citizenship. He owed her big time. All of the requests were denied of course. They were never heard. It just keeps getting deeper and deeper, doesn't it? The Kagan's payoff is that she was voted in for the Supreme Court, there are now 6 Catholics and 3 Jews. She worked for Bill Clinton too.

Pelosi as Speaker of the House also played a part in Obama's running for President, when she knew he was illegal to do so. They had the right people in the right places to make it work.

The Vatican pushed Obama for being President, they gave Millions to ACORN. I believe the Vatican did the cover up and put out smoke screens on Obama's past. 56 or 58% of Catholics voted for Obama, and this countries Catholics are not as adhered to the Pope like other countries are, if they were not so independant the numbers would even have been higher. But Obama is a puppet for the Vatican's Socialist agenda for the world. Remember who backed Hitler and who is backing Obama.

His mother divorced and remarried another man, a Muslim from Indonesia. As a youngster in Indonesia, Barack Obama attended two schools and was registered at both as a Muslim. He received religious instruction in both schools as a Muslim, including studying the Quran. According to a childhood friend, Obama occasionally attended services at a local mosque.

Obama says he became a Christian in his late 20s. He now describes himself as Christian. Until recently, he spent two decades as a member of a Chicago United Church of Christ congregation that embraces Black Liberation theology. Somewhat like the Roman Catholic liberation theology of Latin America, the Chicago UCC church preaches elements of neo-Marxist class warfare. It combines these radical socialist elements with black racialism.

Obama’s Muslim upbringing has been detailed in a 2007 Los Angeles Times report (reprinted in The Baltimore Sun) headlined "Islam an Unknown Factor in Obama Bid." Middle East expert Daniel Pipes has studied the question of Obama’s Muslim faith and says he is “lying” when he says he was never a Muslim.

Obama's spokesman, Robert Gibbs issued a statement explaining that “Senator Obama has never been a Muslim, was not raised as a Muslim, and is a committed Christian.” (These people are nothing but born liars.)

MISS U.S.A., A MUSLIM/CHRISTIAN, JUST LIKE OBAMA.

The following is to prove that Obama is a Muslim/Chistian who went to a Catholic School when he was in Indonesia. Miss USA, Rima Fakih says she is a Muslim/Christian and she too went to a Catholic School.

Miss USA, 2010, Rima Fakih of Dearborn, Mich., a Lebanese immigrant, told pageant organizers her family celebrates both Muslim and Christian faiths. She moved to the United States as a baby and was raised in New York, where she attended a Catholic school. Her family moved to Michigan in 2000.

Obama the teleprompter reader:

Obama is a good teleprompter reader, but see the difference when he reads a speech off of a paper, he can only say two or three words and must then look to his paper for what is next. If he talks without a teleprompter or paper, then he just stutters around like Duh, Um, Ee.

If you will notice Obama never wants to answer questions after a speech, because he does not really know what he is talking about, and that should prove what I am saying that much more. Just watch him and how he acts. He kinda reminds you of a preacher you sit and listen to, but you can't ask any questions about the sermon, you take it as truth supposedly.

JON FAVREAU, OBAMA'S SPEECH WRITER. ------------------------=...

I found something else very interesting, Obama seems to depend on his speeches and why he uses a teleprompter. But it got me to thinking, who writes Obama's speeches? The answer to that is Jon Favreau (Catholic), the number one writer for Obama. He first started out with John Kerry (Catholic), when he ran for President. Obama met Favreau through John Kerry. John Kerry is in the same brotherhood as father and son George Bush, they all belong to the Skull and Bones, secret society. Jon Favreau went to Holy Cross College, A top liberal arts college the College of the Holy Cross is exclusively undergraduate, embraces a Catholic, Jesuit identity and was established in 1843. So where does Favreau get most of his information to write in the speeches? I believe it is from the Vatican that pushes their agenda and Obama is their puppet. If you remember when Obama was running for President they kept saying how smart the guy was, this was just for hype's sake. The real brains behind Obama is no other than the Vatican and Catholic Church, who helps to carry out certain agendas.
  • ed Dave 007 2012/03/03 17:42:41
    ed
    +1
    I think he has a trained teleprompter that reads them for and to him.
  • Jimbo 2012/03/03 12:22:35
    Jimbo
    +1
    Better tax credits for conservation should be written into law. If tax credits can be amortized over the life of an improvement, banks can loan homeowners/businesses to upgrade using less fuel. An example would be a $30,000 loan for new windows, doors, insulation, efficient mechanical systems, good for 25 years. A $500 credit per year would be over $10,000 of the cost paid with fuel savings more than making up the difference. A $1000 per year reduction in fuel costs with a credit saves money for the homeowner overall. Homes built with geothermal transfer would do even better. The less energy we use they better off is the environment and rise of fossil fuel costs.
  • RJ~PWCM... Jimbo 2012/03/03 13:23:00
    RJ~PWCM~JLA
    +2
    I'm curious. Can you explain in numbers what it means to "amortize a tax credit over the life of an improvement"?
  • Tuna RJ~PWCM... 2012/03/03 15:44:41
    Tuna
    +2
    You know the Democrats; whenever they give it's a gift that lasts forever.

2014/10/20 04:40:11