President Obama caught in a lie yet again....

BrianD3 2012/06/20 16:14:23
Several months ago we were told that President Barak Obama had no knowledge of the operation called "Fast and Furious." He and his staff swore on a stack of Bibles as tall as Michelle that he was not involved in and had no knowledge whatsoever of such an operation and yet, today, he has proven what we already knew. It was all a lie.

Today he has claimed executive privledge to protect documents related to the "Fast and Furious" operation. Why would he claim executive privledge for something he allegedly had no knowledge of or involvement with??

President Obama is claiming executive privilege in refusing to give certain documents to Congress concerning the "Fast and Furious" operation.

The Justice Department requested that Obama assert the privilege regarding documents concerning the botched gun-smuggling operation.

The news comes as House Republicans consider holding Attorney General Eric Holder in contempt over the Fast and Furious dispute.

In a letter to Rep. Darrell Issa, R-Calif., chairman of the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee, a Justice Department official said executive privilege applies to documents that explain how the department learned of problems with the investigation.

"I write now to inform you that the President has asserted executive privilege over the relevant post-February 4, 2011, documents," writes Deputy Attorney General James Cole. "We regret that we have arrived at this point, after the many steps we have taken to address the Committee's concerns and to accommodate the Committee's legitimate oversight interests regarding Operation Fast and Furious."

Republicans said they are stunned by the president's move, while Democrats on the Oversight committee accused GOP lawmakers of carrying out a political witch hunt.

"The president's assertion of executive privilege creates more questions," said Rep. Dan Burton, R-Ind. "That brings into question whether Eric Holder knew about it and how much the president knew about it."

In a letter written to Obama written on Tuesday, Holder said he was "very concerned that the compelled production to Congress of internal Executive Branch documents generated in the course of the deliberative process concerning its response to congressional oversight and related media inquiries would have significant, damaging consequences."

The White House made the move after Issa and Holder met late Tuesday evening for about 20 minutes in an unsuccessful, last-minute effort to head off today's hearing to consider whether to hold Holder in contempt. Holder told reporters following the meeting that he offered to provide the documents on the condition that Issa gave his assurance that doing so would satisfy two committee subpoenas and resolve the dispute.

Issa is particularly interested in seeing documents that shed light on why the Department of Justice decided to withdraw a February 2011 letter sent to Congress denying allegations of gunwalking.

Elijah Cummings, D-Md., the ranking member of the committee, noted that the Justice Department had already turned over more than 1,000 pages of documents and questioned Issa's motives.

"It seems clear that you had no interest in resolving this issue, and that the Committee planned to go forward with contempt before we walked into the meeting with the Attorney General," Cummings said.

The investigation into the operation was spurred after Sen. Charles Grassley, R-Iowa, inquired into whistle-blower allegations that the government had allowed the transfer of illegally purchased weapons that were found at the scene of the murder of U.S. Border Patrol Agent Brian Terry.

Grassley slammed the White House on Wednesday for the move.

"How can the president assert executive privilege if there was no White House involvement?" Grassley said in a statement. "How can the president exert executive privilege over documents he's supposedly never seen? Is something very big being hidden to go to this extreme?"

Read More: http://content.usatoday.com/communities/theoval/po...

• TruBluTopaz 2012/06/20 16:21:52
    He is a clumsy liar
    TruBluTopaz
    +13

He can't. So my assertion yesterday that Holder is holding out because Obama was involved from the beginning is now becoming far more likely. While Nixon just transgressed by trying to snoop on opponents, Obama has now involved himself in a programs that cost a federal agent his life and has hundreds of Mexican citizens their lives. Frankly if I was Pres. Calderon I would be demanding reparation and a public apology.

• LarryFine 2012/07/03 11:46:33
    He knows he is a liar and likes it
    LarryFine
    +2
    Just another indication of the disrespect and contempt he has for the American citizens.
  • meshell 2012/07/03 10:04:23
    He is so oblivious, he isnt even aware that he lies
    meshell
    seriously none of the above, obviously not a site for those that like the dude.. bye
  • dheydrick 2012/06/22 17:34:10
    He knows he is a liar and likes it
    dheydrick
    +4
    Liars and deceivers know they're liars. Over time, the lying just becomes easier for them. After a while, they themselves can't figure out who they've lied to or what they've lied about. Eventually it's just a domino effect of cover-ups.

For Barack Hussein Obama, I'm glad all of the deceit in this administration is finally catching up to him. All of this couldn't be happening at a better time. There are only so many lies, deceit, and scandals you can cover up . . .

=============================...
    Obama Lies

I will walk on that picket line with you, if workers are denied the right to bargain.

In his 2012 State of the Union Address, President Obama said that American oil production is the highest that it’s been in eight years.

I’ve done more for Israel’s security than any President ever.

Virtually every Senate Republican voted against the tax cut last week.

“Every idea that we’ve put forward are ones that traditionally have been supported by Democrats and Republicans alike.”

Obama met highly qualified out of work teacher Robert Baroz.
    He wasn’t out of work and Obama never met him.

GOP Responsible for Obama Jobs Bill Not Passing.

You have 80 percent of the American people who support a balanced approach. Eighty percent of the American people support an approach that ...

=============================...
    Obama Lies

You have 80 percent of the American people who support a balanced approach. Eighty percent of the American people support an approach that includes revenues and includes cuts. So the notion that somehow the American people aren’t sold is not the problem.

These are obligations that the United States has taken on in the past. Congress has run up the credit card, and we now have an obligation to pay our bills.

Jobs Bill Paid for.

Then you’ve got their(GOP)which is dirtier air, dirtier water, less people with health insurance.

I cannot guarantee that those checks go out on August 3rd if we haven’t resolved this issue. Because there may simply not be the money in the coffers to do it.

USA producing more oil than ever before.

Fence between US and Mexico is “Practically Complete”.

Rich doesn’t pay their fair share.

Mitt Romney would deny gay people the right to adopt children.

Obama claimed the SCOTUS decision in Citizens United v. FEC, “open[ed] the floodgates for special interests — including foreign corporations — to spend without limit in our elections.

No signing statements to nullify or undermine congressional instructions as enacted into law.

No “boots” on the ground in Libya.

Reform will also rein in the abuse and excess that nearly brought down our financial system. It will finally bring transparency to the kinds of complex, risky transactions that helped trigger the financial crisis.

All Americans WILL BE were, “surprised, disappointed and angry” about lockerbie bomber.

I will not rest until the BP Oil Spill stops.

The health care bill will not increase the deficit by one dime.

If you like the health care plan you have you can keep it.

“Under our plan, no federal dollars will be used to fund abortions, and federal conscience laws will remain in place.”

ObamaCare Fee is not a new tax.

We have run out of places in the US to drill for oil.

Now suddenly if you don’t have your papers and you took your kid out to get ice cream, you can be harassed, that’s something that could potentially happen.

Doctors choose amputation because they get better compensation. Greedy Doctors taking out tonsils for more money.

The Health Care Package will pay for itself

Republicans don’t have a single idea that’s different from George Bush’s ideas — not one.

We shouldn’t Mandate the purchase of health care

Obama says he’ll save average family $8,000 in gas

I am immediately instituting PayGo “Pay as you go”
    Said during a speech immediately after the Trillion Dollar “Shovel Ready” bill.

I got the Message from Massachusetts.

We began by passing a Recovery Act that has already saved or created over 150,000 jobs.” – caught cooking the books and now changed to ‘jobs supported’ versus ‘created/saved’.

Number one, we inherited a $1.3 trillion deficit. … That wasn’t me.” – Congress, under Democratic control in 2007 and 2008, controlled the purse strings that led to the deficit Obama inherited. Obama supported the emergency bailout package in Bush’s final months — a package Democratic leaders wanted to make bigger.

Collective salvation.

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States.

Cut Deficit in Half by end of first term.

Health Care deals will be covered on C-span.

As President I will recognize the Armenian Genocide.

Recovery Act will save or create jobs.

Unemployment rate will be 8.5% without stimulus.

No Earmarks in the $787 Billion Stimulus.

I happen to be a proponent of a single payer universal health care plan.

We have launched a housing plan that will help responsible families facing the threat of foreclosure lower their monthly payments and refinance their mortgages.

I am not somebody who promotes same-sex marriage.

Guantanamo bay to be closed within a year.

Won’t Raise taxes on those making less than 250,000 per year.

No more wiretapping of citizens.

Mr. Ayers as “a guy who lives in my neighborhood,” but “not somebody who I exchange ideas from on a regular basis.

I had a uncle who was one of the, who was part of the first American troops to go into Auschwitz and liberate the concentration camps.

Obama campaign would accept public funding.

Minimum Wage will increase to $9.50/hr.

Ann Dunham spent the months before her death in 1995 fighting with insurance companies that sought to deny her the coverage she needed to pay for treatment.

Didn’t know Jeremiah Wright was Radical.

Would have the most transparent administration in History.

We will go through our federal budget – page by page, line by line – eliminating those programs we don’t need, and insisting that those we do operate in a sensible cost-effective way.

I have visited all 57 states.

I’ll get rid of earmarks.

When a bill lands on my Desk, The American people will have 5 days to review it before I sign it.

My father served in World War II.

Have troops out of Iraq by March 31, 2009.

Seniors Making less than 50,000 will not have to pay taxes.

Would not vote for any bill supporting troop funding without a firm withdrawal commitment from the Bush Administration.
    He has done nothing but continue the Bush admins strategy and to explain how the “surges total failure” has now become his greatest achievement.

Present Votes Are Common In Illinois.

I Won Michigan.

I won Nevada.

I don’t Have Lobbyists.

My Campaign Had Nothing To Do With The 1984 Ad.

I Have Always Been Against Iraq.

My Wife Didn’t Mean What She Said About Pride In Country.

Barack was never an ACORN trainer and never worked for ACORN in any other capacity.

I Barely Know Rezko.

My Church Is Like Any Other Christian Church.
    =============================...

"Oh what a tangled web we weave, when first we practice to deceive" Sir Walter Scott

The only thing worse than the fact that Obama is the best liberals have to offer is the fact that he'll still get votes in November after juggling so many scandals and spewing so much deceit. Unbelievable.
  • BrianD3 dheydrick 2012/07/03 11:09:52
    BrianD3
    +1
    well said
  • ScottyG - Faqueue 2012/06/21 23:02:52
    ScottyG - Faqueue
    +3
    They say if you tell enough lies, you start to believe them. He's been lying forever so all his lies are also his truths.
  • BrianD3 ScottyG... 2012/07/03 11:10:11
    BrianD3
    +2
    the lies frame his reality
  • ScottyG... BrianD3 2012/07/03 15:40:04
    ScottyG - Faqueue
    +1
    Boy do they ever. Why nobody ever read his book "lies of my father" (Not sure about title but sounds right me) I can't understand.

If the RNC had bothered to read it and question his life, we would NOT have him as POTUS.

I blame the DNC AND RNC for not vetting him.
  • Bob Drasner 2012/06/21 20:15:48
    He is a liar
    Bob Drasner
    +4
    Most of his lies are scripted and he simply reads them to us ... the rest of his lies are when he is winging it... those are usually pretty clumsy because he can't think on his feet. The truth is, he is an idealog and he simply doesn't care ... enough dumbass people will believe him no matter what he says...
  • MR. 2012/06/21 18:45:55
    He is a liar
    MR.
    +4
    MR. PRESIDENT,...(THE TRUTH WILL SET YOU FREE!)
  • Obama F... MR. 2012/06/21 21:22:20
    Obama Failed Soda Head Chief Opi
    +2
    Ha! like he ever do it!
  • 4570GOVT 2012/06/21 15:59:32
    He is a liar
    4570GOVT
    +3
    I have been following this VERY closely for over 2 Years . Holder has been STALLING for 18 months to give answers -OR - give up documents ! I have watched as the Acting Head of the B.A.T.F. " Had To Sneak Into The Capitol ON CHRISTMAS EVE Last Year " Because Holder Had FORBID ANY BATF -OR- DOJ PERSONEL From Answering Questions Before Congress . ( he said that he " Wasn't Going Down Alone " for this ) .
    The BATF " BLEW THE WHISTLE " On This ........ and said that They Were ORDERED To Turn Lose 2000 Guns To Drug Gangs With NO TRACKING . These Orders Came From The Highest Levels Of government !

Heads Should Roll !
  • Obama F... 4570GOVT 2012/06/21 21:23:03
  • Wahvlvke 2012/06/21 15:50:18
    He knows he is a liar and likes it
    Wahvlvke
    +5
    I'm waiting for someone to catch him telling a truth ... a real truth and not a libertard fantasy.
  • Space Invader 2012/06/21 15:42:23
    He is a clumsy liar
    Space Invader
    +5
    the only reason BHO has the right to claim EP is if the Office of the President has a part in it
  • Franklin 2012/06/21 13:46:13
    He is a clumsy liar
    Franklin
    +5
    poor little Obama , he lost track of his own lies ...it was all just to much for his sorry little ass - lets give him some time off ....like the rest of his life off !
  • uguess 2012/06/21 09:10:07
    He is a liar
    uguess
  • aneed2know 2012/06/21 09:06:52
    He is a clumsy liar
    aneed2know
    +3
    okay where is the lie, you said he is caught in a lie, where is it?
  • BrianD3 aneed2know 2012/06/21 10:32:00
    BrianD3
    +2
    dont be obtuse
  • aneed2know BrianD3 2012/06/21 10:36:27 (edited)
    aneed2know
    +2
    the only obtuse person here is you, you said that he was caught lying yet you provide any information about it?

You gonna block now?
  • BrianD3 aneed2know 2012/06/21 13:22:11
    BrianD3
    +3
    have I blocked you yet? dont be pathetic.

Obama invoked executive privilege to protect himself and holder and the only reason to do that is because he lied. Keep on excusing him no matter how outrageous he acts.....talk about blind
  • Jeremiah BrianD3 2012/06/22 00:53:23
    Jeremiah
    +4
    Executive Privilege in itself does not equate to lying, or Bush 43 lied at least six times.
  • Obama F... Jeremiah 2012/06/22 11:24:15
  • Jeremiah Obama F... 2012/06/22 15:11:22
    Jeremiah
    +3
    He was acquitted by the Senate, remember?
  • Obama F... Jeremiah 2012/06/22 15:14:54
    Obama Failed Soda Head Chief Opi
    +2
    still a liar
  • Jeremiah Obama F... 2012/06/23 23:07:50
    Jeremiah
    +3
    Who is still a liar?
  • Obama F... Jeremiah 2012/06/23 23:16:25 (edited)
    Obama Failed Soda Head Chief Opi
    +2
    You may not always agree with his political analysis but Dick Morris, perhaps better than anyone willing to talk about it, knows his Clinton-ology. Morris reminded us that Eric Holder played a leading role in one of the most infamous events of a presidency filled with infamy: the pardon of billionaire fugitive Marc Rich. Morris dubbed candidate Obama’s decision to select Holder as one of three people charged with vice-presidential vetting his “first clear, serious mistake.”

Rich, of course, was the commodities trader who fled the country in 1983 to escape prosecution for tax evasion, racketeering, and trading with the enemy. Rich’s attorneys circumvented normal procedures, took the pardon to the White House attorneys, and gained pardon for their client, whose wife just happened to be a friend and major donor to the Clinton library, the Democratic Party, and Clinton’s legal defense fund. A firestorm ensued as did congressional investigations in which Democrats as well as Republicans excoriated the Clintons’ conduct.

http://pjmedia.com/blog/obama...
  • Jeremiah Obama F... 2012/06/25 02:58:30
    Jeremiah
    +2
    Morris was close to Clinton, but not to Obama. Clinton did indeed pardon Marc Rich, which has nothing to do with Obama. Holder followed his orders, as he is trying to do now.

Morris has his opinions, with which I mostly disagree. He is one of the Fox talking heads, and I'm sure Roger Ailes is pleased with him. I probably agree with him on the Rich pardon, but then I was never a big fan of Bill Clinton's, who came from the Democratic Leadership Council, a center-right think tank.

I didn't like the way the Republicans went after Clinton on the impeachment thing, but at least the Senate had the good sense to acquit him on such a phony charge. The three impeachment leaders, Newt Gingrich, Tom DeLay and Henry Hyde, soon left the House under less than noble circumstances.

You gave me a four-year-old RW blog. What am I supposed to do with it in 2012?
  • Getting... Jeremiah 2012/07/05 17:26:08
    GettingBarried
    +2
    So it is acceptable to lie to a congressional investigator since, as you point out, "the Senate had the good sense to acquit him...". What exactly was phony about the charges?
  • Jeremiah Getting... 2012/07/05 17:42:30
    Jeremiah
    +1
    If your memory goes back that far, the entire episode began as a witch hunt in the Whitewater land dealings. Ken Starr was brought in at great taxpayer expense to investigate it.

After several years and millions of our dollars, Starr realized he had no case against the Clintons, and he had nothing to show for all that time and money. So he turned to sex for his big investigation. He finally came up with a phony charge of lying about sex, in a setting he had orchestrated himself.

Newt Gingrich, Tom DeLay and Henry Hyde jumped on the sex charge. Most House members thought it was ridiculous, but they were browbeaten into approving an impeachment charge.

Fortunately, no one in the Senate owed anything to Gingrich or DeLay, so Clinton was acquitted. All that time and money for nothing.

Clinton completed his two terms and walked away with approval ratings above 60%. Both Newt and DeLay left the House in disgrace. Newt was fined $300,000 by the House and DeLay spent three years in prison for corruption. Hyde did not run for re-election, and Starr ended up as president of Baylor University.
  • Getting... Jeremiah 2012/07/05 20:20:22
    GettingBarried
    +2
    In all that you have not really addressed my question. "He finally came up with a phony charge of lying about sex" does not qualify as anything but your opinion; unless there is some more details you can supply. I do recall the Whitewater thing and Hillary turning a huge profit on cattle futures miraculously. I also recall someone committing suicide and at least one person going to jail rather than tell her story. Slick Willy earned his moniker. Browbeating into approving an impeachment? Care to provide some more info on that? Senate was in fear of a coming election. Approval ratings mean so much. Clinton lived off an economy that was taking off as he arrived in office. He just casually steered the pleasure craft toward the falls we are going over now.
  • Jeremiah Getting... 2012/07/05 21:38:04
    Jeremiah
    +1
    We were in a recession when Clinton took office. He increased the top tax rate to 39.6%, and then the economy took off into the longest period of economic growth in the nation's history.

The Vince Foster suicide was not connected to Whitewater. Susan McDougal spent time in jail rather than answer Ken Starr's personal and irrelevant questions. She was later exonerated.

Clinton was acquitted on February 13, 1999. There was no election that year. You really don't know what you are talking about, do you?

Whitewater proved to be nothing at all. No charges, no convictions, nothing. That was why Starr decided to go after the sex angle. He had nothing.
  • Getting... Jeremiah 2012/07/06 01:50:58
    GettingBarried
    +2
    That's a lovely bit of misdirection. I guess you'll simply believe what you want as you again offer nothing. Well done. All Clinton had to do was not lie but he couldn't even do that. I was about to be a bit conciliatory in terms of that whole thing being a waste of time but it is pointless given your condescension. Since you appear to be a last word freak, go ahead slather on some more lefty tripe.
  • Jeremiah Getting... 2012/07/06 04:08:15
    Jeremiah
    +1
    In other words, you can't refute a word of what I said.
  • BrianD3 Jeremiah 2012/07/03 11:12:29
    BrianD3
    +1
    they say that they had no knowledge of the operation, I believe that they are hiding that lie. As you are well aware, executive privledge can and should be used to protect real information that is sensitive not just politically unsavory.
  • Jeremiah BrianD3 2012/07/03 15:10:17
    Jeremiah
    If you will check the history of Executive Privilege, you will see that it has been used for almost any purpose. Nixon used it as a cover-up, and Reagan and Bush 43 used it to prevent them from appearing foolish. I didn't realize you were the arbiter of when and how it can be used.

We have no evidence there was a lie. It wouldn't be the first time an agency or individual in an administration "went rogue." (See Oliver North)
  • aneed2know BrianD3 2012/06/26 05:11:47
    aneed2know
    +1
    okay where is the lie, executive privilege is not a lie, if that is the case every president that has ever used it lied.

you are the one sounding pathetic.
  • BrianD3 aneed2know 2012/07/03 11:13:22
    BrianD3
    +1
    in this case, executive privledge is being used to cover for the lie, do not tell me that you are that obtuse.
  • Jeremiah BrianD3 2012/07/03 15:12:26
    Jeremiah
    +1
    Again, we have no evidence of a lie. All Darrell Issa has proved with his grandstanding witch hunt is what a doofus he is.
  • BrianD3 Jeremiah 2012/07/05 10:42:45
    BrianD3
    +1
    to you perhaps. You are apparently not a good judge of what is happening here.
  • Jeremiah BrianD3 2012/07/05 16:58:53
    Jeremiah
    In your opinion. I think I see very clearly what is happening here.

2014/10/31 08:24:36