Prayer for Our Military

Sunny 2010/01/16 06:50:05
The average age of the military man is 19 years. He is a short haired, tight-muscled kid who, under

normal circumstances is considered by society as half man, half boy. Not yet dry behind the ears,

not old enough to buy a beer, but old enough to die for his country. He never really cared much for

work and he would rather wax his own car than wash his father's, but he has never collected

unemployment either.

die country cared work wax car wash fathers collected unemployment

He's a recent High School graduate; he was probably an average student, pursued some form of

sport activities, drives a ten year old jalopy, and has a steady girlfriend that either broke up with him

when he left, or swears to be waiting when he returns from half a world away. He listens to rock and

roll or hip-hop or rap or jazz or swing and a 155mm howitzer.

world listens rock roll hip-hop rap jazz swing 155mm howitzer

He is 10 or 15 pounds lighter now than when he was at home because he is working or fighting

from before dawn to well after dusk. He has trouble spelling, thus letter writing is a pain for him,

but he can field strip a rifle in 30 seconds and reassemble it in less time in the dark. He can recite

to you the nomenclature of a machine gun or grenade launcher and use either one effectively if he

must.

He digs foxholes and latrines and can apply first aid like a professional. He can march until he is

told to stop, or stop until he is told to march. He obeys orders instantly and without hesitation, but he

is not without spirit or individual dignity.

He is self-sufficient.

He has two sets of fatigues: he washes one and wears the other.. He keeps his canteens full and

his feet dry. He sometimes forgets to brush his teeth, but never to clean his rifle. He can cook his

own meals, mend his own clothes, and fix his own hurts.

If you're thirsty, he'll share his water with you; if you are hungry, his food. He'll even split his

ammunition with you in the midst of battle when you run low.

He has learned to use his hands like weapons and weapons like they were his hands.

He can save your life - or take it, because that is his job.

He will often do twice the work of a civilian, draw half the pay, and still find ironic humor in it all.

He has seen more suffering and death than he should have in his short lifetime.

He has wept in public and in private, for friends who have fallen in combat and is unashamed.

suffering death lifetime wept public private friends fallen combat unashamed

He feels every note of the National Anthem vibrate through his body while at rigid attention, while

tempering the burning desire to 'square-away ' those around him who haven't bothered to stand,

remove their hat, or even stop talking. In an odd twist, day in and day out, far from home, he defends

their right to be disrespectful.

square-away bothered remove hat talking odd twist home defends disrespectful

Just as did his Father, Grandfather, and Great-grandfather, he is paying the price for our freedom.

Beardless or not, he is not a boy. He is the American Fighting Man that has kept this country free for

over 200 years.

price freedom beardless boy american fighting country free 200 years

He has asked nothing in return, except our friendship and understanding. Remember him, always,

for he has earned our respect and admiration with his blood.

And now we even have women over there in danger, doing their part in this tradition of going to War

when our nation calls us to do so.

As you go to bed tonight, remember this shot. . .

women danger tradition war nation calls bed tonight remember shot

A short lull, a little shade and a picture of loved ones in their helmets.

calls bed tonight remember shot lull shade picture loved helmets

Prayer wheel for our military. Please share this after a short prayer.

lull shade picture loved helmets prayer wheel military share prayer

Prayer Wheel

'Lord, hold our troops in your loving hands.
Protect them as they protect us.

Bless them and their families for the selfless acts they perform for us
in our time of need.
Amen.'

When you read this, please stop for a moment and say a prayer for our ground troops in Afghanistan , sailors on ships, and airmen in the air, and for those in Iraq , Afghanistan and
all foreign countries.

Of all the gifts you could give a US Soldier, Sailor, Coastguardsman,
Marine, or Airman, prayer is the very best one.

afghanistan foreign countries gifts soldier sailor coastguardsman marine airman prayer

• Dwight Mann 2010/01/16 12:02:34
    Dwight Mann
    +7
    A debt can never be repaid, by men who enjoy the fruits of your sacrifice. God Bless each and everyone of you. . .

debt repaid enjoy fruits sacrifice god bless

• linny 2010/01/19 04:39:44
    linny
    +1
    I love our troops.
    Wish that I could take thier place.
    They seem to young to me.
    I thank I have had so many bumps in the road that I always know someone is behind my back.
    And I hope the know the same thing.
    3 friends and your lucky. That is all you get.
    I love them and wish there was a way I could help them.
    Also people should hear what they say when they come home. So many want to go back.
    And so young. So brave.
    Most will never live in a house over 300,000 dollars.
    They just us a favor.
    To bad the gove don't understand. And the goverment better hope what goes around will not comes around!
    And if it does. The Goverment will have to explain!
  • Sunny linny 2010/01/19 05:02:27
    Sunny
    I would take their place, too. Who would suspect a 60+ grandmother of being a danger to Al-Queda? I may not run as fast or climb as well as I used to but I still can shoot pretty well. LOL

Amazing. We were protecting them at one time and now they are doing it for us.
  • Gary 2010/01/19 03:04:52
    Gary
    +2
    The good soldier goes where he's told to go and does what he's told to do. That's duty.
    He can only hope that his sacrifices are not in vain, that some good will come out of them.
    One can only hope that when the soldier finally does come home to stay that he can look back with pride and know that he did his best, that he followed orders and did the right thing. The pity is that too often he knows that his sense of obligation to duty has been abused by someone way above him, by some ambitious president maybe. That soldier has been betrayed. His country has been betrayed. But he still has his honor.
  • Sunny Gary 2010/01/19 03:25:42
    Sunny
    +1
    And the love and support of the American people
  • tootien 2010/01/19 02:37:25
  • sweetguy45 2010/01/18 03:39:59
    sweetguy45
    +2
    A-men.
  • Pegasis 2010/01/18 01:26:07
    Pegasis
    +2
    What we owe these youg men and women can never be adequately expressed or repaid. May God bless them all.
  • Gun665 2010/01/17 15:26:29
  • linny Gun665 2010/01/19 04:42:23
    linny
    +1
    Got to give them the credit they deserve.
    A pat on the back for all of them. And they do more than our goverment!
    Wow...
    shame, shame shame.....
    so much for the gove and the free meals
    +2
    There they are Lord. I don't known if you even know they are any more. You seem to have left us here in America "pretty high and very dry" Destitute I would say. The news papers tell that it's gonna get worse. I suppose with your back turned on us t will. But Lord if we deserve it so be it, but we have boys and girls in the field trying to scrape together enough fire power to protect Our Country (such as it is and has become).
    Please, give our new President some common sense, humility and teach him to be a real praying man to you, but if that will not be then; protect us by your might and with Your hand.
    Please, we do pray for these in the field to be in your close protection. Let the sniper be gone when they get there and the suicide bombers not pack their stuff right. Be sure their hearts are on you and bring thm all home in victory to a renewed country they did not leave.
    Amen!
  • Gr8hope 2010/01/17 01:29:30
    Gr8hope
    +2
    May God bless and comfort you and your families.
    In gratitude for your sacrifice and bravery,
    Amen.
  • Don 2010/01/17 01:14:07 (edited)
    Don
    +3
    AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    And then the President has the Nerve to ask them to pay for their HC...
    After they STAND on the walls watching over US...IMO,They should get a New Home.A New Life.PAID living Expenses for at least 1 full yr.FREE HC.Every Person that Sees a Vet,Should Walk up,Shake their Hands and say with a Greatfull Heart-"THANKYOU"...
  • imtoast 2010/01/17 00:52:54
    imtoast
    +3
    Amen. My daughter and son-in-law are military. They've been in since they were 18 years old. Right now my son-in-law is TDY in Afghanistan and my daughter is stationed in Japan. They will be coming back to the states in the summer for a month. I can't wait.
  • Rikki 2010/01/16 21:05:52
    Rikki
    +3
    God Bless and keep each and every one safe.
  • Torchmanner ~PWCM~JLA 2010/01/16 20:50:51
  • Beccy 2010/01/16 20:13:41
    +3
    Thank you for sharing
  • pamela 2010/01/16 20:11:51
    pamela
    +4
    Such a beautiful post to remind us all what our military is all about. These brave and deserving young men and women, are not children anymore. They have lived a life much harder than the average person.
    For our good and brave soldiers of the USA, GOD BLESS YOU ALL. MY PRAYERS FOR YOU ARE UNENDING. Long live America and the memories of all soldiers that have fought ans still fighting foe us and our country. unending live america memories soldiers fought ans fighting foe country
  • rwayne72160 2010/01/16 19:17:04
    rwayne72160
    +4
    I don't have much use for his kind of music if it's that hip hop noise, but my prayers are with those kids too.
  • metal.762 2010/01/16 18:55:02
    metal.762
    +3
    All day every day.
  • jimiwhitten 2010/01/16 18:24:31
  • Don jimiwhi... 2010/01/17 01:17:25
    Don
    +2
    10,000 raves to you for this!!!
  • Kane Fernau 2010/01/16 17:49:42
    Kane Fernau
    +4
    ALWAYS!!!
  • Irember911 2010/01/16 17:22:19
    Irember911
    +2
    Every day several times a day.
  • ILEE ~ 2010/01/16 17:03:53
    ILEE ~
    +2
    Always close to my heart & in my prayers!
  • Barbara Hasler 2010/01/16 16:52:13
    Barbara Hasler
    +3
    My deep heartfelt thank you to all of our troops. They risk their lives to give me freedom for something as simple as writing this. Think about it. May God's grace shine down on all of them.
  • Dora Rachael 2010/01/16 16:20:59
    Dora Rachael
    +5
    I say a prayer every night for the men and women in the armed forces and their families. Thank you for protecting our freedoms. God bless and protect all of you.
  • krayzrick 2010/01/16 15:33:38
    krayzrick
    +2
    Thank you all for my Freedoms.. freedoms
  • judy ann 2010/01/16 14:46:19
    judy ann
    +4
    I pray every night.

I thank God for our freedom and the blessings he has given this nation.

I pray for the gov. of this nation to do the right things for our people.
  • sweetguy45 judy ann 2010/01/18 03:42:42
    sweetguy45
    +1
    I also prey that we can keep our freedoms and our own government won't try taking our freedoms from us.that would be a real tragedy for our government because many people would fight back.
  • govlastpeoplefirst 2010/01/16 14:30:34
    govlastpeoplefirst
    +2
    Everyday I say a prayer for all our soldiers. Thank you.
  • SickOfBigGov 2010/01/16 13:59:52
  • gizamondo 2010/01/16 13:13:27
    gizamondo
    +4
    Thanks to the men and women in our armed forces. We know and appreciate your sacrifices as you defend Democracy and our great nation. Thank you and may our prayers be with you and your families.
  • Dwight Mann 2010/01/16 12:02:34
    Dwight Mann
    +7

• dee 2010/01/16 07:30:44
    dee
    +4
    Thanks to you for offering your lives for our country. You're all heros.

2014/11/26 17:18:40