PRAVDA CALLS OBAMA A COMMUNIST!!

SunShine 2012/11/27 16:04:30

The famed Russian news site “Pravda,” which ironically was formed as the official Communist publication of the former Soviet Union, recently released a scathing opinion column entitled, “Obama’s Soviet Mistake,” in which the author unabashedly labels the U.S. president a “Communist without question promoting the Communist Manifesto without calling it so.”

The author, Xavier Lerma, goes on to note how Obama’s “cult of personality” has mesmerized the ignorant in America, who will follow the hope and change icon in much the same way as ”fools” still praise Lenin and Stalin in Russia.

“Obama’s fools and Stalin’s fools share the same drink of illusion.”

Adding an interesting twist to the article, the author juxtaposes President Obama with Vladimir Putin, noting that the Russian president has been sounding more and more like “Ronald Reagan” or other “conservatives in America” who seek to promote smaller government and lower taxes. Lerma attributes the following remarks to Putin regarding the country’s taxes and the economy:

“…we are reducing taxes on production, investing money in the economy. We are optimizing state expenses.

The second possible mistake would be excessive interference into the economic life of the country and the absolute faith into the all-mightiness of the state.

There are no grounds to suggest that by putting the responsibility over to the state, one can achieve better results.

Unreasonable expansion of the budget deficit, accumulation of the national debt – are as destructive as an adventurous stock market game.

During the time of the Soviet Union the role of the state in economy was made absolute, which eventually lead to the total non-competitiveness of the economy. That lesson cost us very dearly. I am sure no one would want history to repeat itself.”

Reading Putin’s speech “without knowing the author,” begins Lerma, “one would think it was written by Reagan or another conservative in America.”

“The speech promotes smaller government and less taxes. It comes as no surprise to those who know Putin as a conservative,” Lerma writes with irony.

After referring to liberalism as a “psychosis,” Lerma blasts ”O’bomber” over Fast and Furious and goes on to state:

He is a Communist without question promoting the Communist Manifesto without calling it so. How shrewd he is in America. His cult of personality mesmerizes those who cannot go beyond their ignorance. They will continue to follow him like those fools who still praise Lenin and Stalin in Russia. Obama’s fools and Stalin’s fools share the same drink of illusion.

The author questions if Americans have ever read history and concludes that American schools have been “conquered by Communists long ago,” paving the way for a revisionist history that would only lead to the election of a Communist president in the U.S.

“President Vladimir Putin could never have imagined anyone so ignorant or so willing to destroy their people like Obama much less seeing millions vote for someone like Obama,” Lerma quips. But the American president wasn’t the only one to draw the author’s ire. He also noted the pervasive influence of the ACLU and the eroding of America’s Christianity — something that was, of course, also a key tenet of the Soviet Union:

The red, white and blue still flies happily but only in Russia. Russia still has St George defeating the Dragon with the symbol of the cross on its’ flag. The ACLU and other atheist groups in America would never allow the US flag with such religious symbols. Lawsuits a plenty against religious freedom and expression in the land of the free.

Russian News Outlet Pravda (Previously the Official Press of the USSR) Labels Obama a Communist in Scathing OpEd“Christianity in the U.S. is under attack as it was during the early period of the Soviet Union when religious symbols were against the law,” Lerma notes astutely.

In terms of all of the U.S. States that have filed petitions to secede from the union, Lerma coins these Americans” hostages to the Communists in power” who will eventually need to rise up in the face of “tyranny.” Lerma concludes with a powerful comparison of the suffering endured for nearly a century under the oppression and brutality of the USSR and quotes Don Mclean’s famed song, “American Pie”:

Russia lost its’ civil war with the Reds and millions suffered torture and death for almost 75 years under the tyranny of the United Soviet Socialist Republic. Russians survived with a new and stronger faith in God and ever growing Christian Church. The question is how long will the once “Land of the Free” remain the United Socialist States of America? Their suffering has only begun. Bye bye Miss American Pie!

Those who recall the days of the former Soviet Union, or who have friends and family members who fled a life of degradation, will see much truth in Lerma’s words. Even envisioning the now-famous “Hope” and “Change” campaign posters, which elevated Obama to a cult of personality, strikes fear and anxiety into the hearts of those who lived through eerily similar propaganda behind the iron curtain. It is ironic that this opinion column, so scathing of Communism and so keenly perceptive of how history is repeating itself in President Obama, comes to us from the publication that was formed to be the official Communist mouthpiece of the former Soviet Union itself.

Perhaps that is what lends it all the more weight.

Now should one be mindful of the fact that the author of this opinion column also considers Vladimir Putin a “conservative”? Yes, however, more disturbing still is that Lerma finds Putin conservative in comparison to Obama. Opinions on Putin vary greatly among those living in Russia in much the same way as Americans differ in opinion con President Obama. What’s more, Lerma’s personal views on Putin do not necessarily negate that there is merit to his observations on President Obama. Russians who have witnessed the trappings of the former Soviet Union either during its height or in its aftermath, tend to speak from a place of personal experience — something that warrants careful consideration. Based on our Google search of the author, he does appear to be a Russian columnist for Pravda who also maintains his own conservative-leaning blog.

Shortly after TheBlaze published this article citing Pravda’s opinion column, author David Frum posted a hair-trigger response on his Daily Beast Blog, accusing TheBlaze of agreeing with Pravda on President Obama. Frum disparages Lerma’s “journalistic” credentials and goes on to focus solely on Lerma’s opinions on Vladimir Putin, as well as the Pravda author’s reference to attacks on Christianity in America. Frum does not address any other points raised by Lerma concerning the cult of personality that has been build around Obama, nor the parallels Lerma sees between present-day America and the former Soviet Union. Frum also appears to miss the irony that was the true crux of this Blaze article: That the former official mouthpiece of the Communist Party believes Obama is a Communist and that Putin is Conservative by comparison. That, of course, was the point

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/russian-news-outlet-pravda-pr...

• ☆GrayBeard☆ ~PWCM~JLA~ 2012/11/27 16:45:10
    ☆GrayBeard☆ ~PWCM~JLA~
    +21
    The word правда (pravda) in Russian means "truth". During the time of the Soviet Union, the cynical Soviet citizen called it, "все кроме истины", or "everything but the truth". It was a propaganda tool for the Central Soviet, the Politburo. While people stood in lines for hours to get their ration of bread, a few meager potatoes, or a pair of shoes they could read in Pravda how wonderfully the forced Soviet economy was doing. The press is still not free in Russia, though I agree with the author I shall still take this opinion piece with a grain of salt.

In 2007 I was in Kyiv, Ukraine; American politics was a huge block of time on the BBC (also decidedly anti-American) 24 hour news cycle. A good friend of mine is an editor for Голос України (Voice of Ukraine), back during the time of the USSR, he worked for TASS and Pravda. One evening I had dinner with he and his wife and while we sat talking the conversation turned to politics and our elections. He told me (to paraphrase), "that man Obama is a Marxist. He will not tell you he is a Marxist but from his mouth I hear the same words said by The Party." I figured if anyone would know, it would be him, having lived through it. I have viewed Obama in that light ever since.

“We cannot expect the Americans to jump from capitalism to...

“We cannot expect the Americans to jump from capitalism to Communism, but we can assist their elected leaders in giving Americans small doses of socialism until they suddenly awake to find they have Communism.”
    – Soviet Leader Nikita Khrushchev, 1959.
    We are there.

• Kızıl Umut 2013/10/14 16:28:24
    Kızıl Umut
    +2
    Communism isn't an utopia or something else! Communism is reality. Communism is dialactic materialism! We believe that the history is class struggle. There are two classes on world, proletariat and bourgeois. We can understand bourgeoises' angry! But don't remember, stalinism isn't communism. Stalin has betrayed Lenin's way. And used bolshevism for his burocratic dictatorship. He killed all of bolshevises. And just a man could defend true socialism against him. He was Trotsky. He was killed, but his ideas will live forever just as Marx and Engels. We believe fourth international, we believe workers' revolution and we believe true freedom. In true freedom, all people are free.. not just rich people. That's why communism is honour of humanity.
  • hatter 2012/12/13 04:17:12
    hatter
    +2
    yes it hurts to see so many people follow in the path of the red Russians. we used to have to hide our crosses on our necks to not let the reds know or they would be racist against us. so we fled to china only to be persecuted there by the red Chinese. so somebody rented a boat to go to Brazil. And we filled that boat with as many relatives as we could and now i'm a natural born American.
  • SunShine hatter 2012/12/21 05:08:39
    SunShine
    +2
    yes.. for their communism to work they must destroy our belief system and our faith in our religion.. that is why our society is now so very perverted and degraded.. why so many things that were once not even allowed as a topic of conversation is now thrown in our faces every day.. as common place normal behavior.. I will never accept that liberal teaching nor abortion nor changing the marriage laws..
  • Tic-Toc 2012/12/10 02:33:17
    Tic-Toc
    +1
    This actually makes me sick to my stomach
  • Scrappyang 2012/12/01 05:24:43
    Scrappyang
    +3
    Most of you are probably too young to remember Mr Kruschev saying the USSR would bury us from within and they sure are doing just that.
  • goatman112003 2012/11/29 05:27:33
    goatman112003
    +3
    When as a candidate he quoted Lenin and Marx, I knew then where he was coming from.
  • SunShine goatman... 2012/12/02 03:44:54
    SunShine
    +3
    and Anita Dunn.. her favorite person was Mao.. and Van Jones.. an admitted communist.. etc.. many many of them in that cabinet..
    +4
    Most of the world knows that Obama has strong socislist tendencies except for the US the people are shielded by the leftist media!
  • Constitution Believer 2012/11/29 03:52:30
  • AL Constit... 2012/11/30 09:23:35
    AL
    +3
    Tell Putin I can do alot more, AFTER I'm re-elected! How in the hell did Obama KNOW he was going to be re-elected, if he didn't plan on using Voter fraud to do it?
  • Constit... AL 2012/12/01 05:49:45
  • Annie~Pro American~Pro Israel 2012/11/29 03:12:01
    Annie~Pro American~Pro Israel
    +2
    Pravda got it right about Obama being a full pledged Marxist communist... On-the-otherhand, Putin was really rooting for Obama to win a second term. So, Putin is talking out of both sides of his mouth, whats up with that?
  • Constit... Annie~P... 2012/11/29 04:06:28
  • Annie~P... Constit... 2012/12/16 07:22:37 (edited)
    Annie~Pro American~Pro Israel
    +1
    Love your above post Peanut! Sure hope that impostor hangs himself, hope his media ALL hang themselves as well.
  • Constit... Annie~P... 2012/12/16 19:03:25 (edited)
  • lisaokapi 2012/11/29 02:57:33
    lisaokapi
    +3
    Calls it like he sees it. He should know
  • jimmy "In God We Trust" 2012/11/29 01:41:17 (edited)
    jimmy  "In God We Trust"
    +2
    Well I'm calling him a F@#%$%$# moron so do I get more points then Pavada.
  • Patriotic Gentleman 2012/11/28 23:49:49
    Patriotic Gentleman
    +2
    It takes one to know one!
  • shenendoah 2012/11/28 18:41:52
    shenendoah
    +4
    Probably one of the nicer things he's been called.
  • the spoiler 2012/11/28 18:02:00
    the spoiler
    +2
    Russia is just trying to divide this nation even more by wooing the ignorant
  • shenendoah the spo... 2012/11/28 18:46:55
    shenendoah
    +4
    Well, liberal, you should feel wooed.
  • the spo... shenendoah 2012/11/28 19:18:21
    the spoiler
    I said the ignorant, that would be you. " Our " President isn't a communist.
  • CommieH... the spo... 2012/11/28 21:10:41
    CommieHunter - AFCL- PWCM
    +6
    "Life's tough. It's even tougher when you're stupid"
    .. John Wayne..
  • the spo... CommieH... 2012/11/28 21:51:21
    the spoiler
    Is this the same John Wayne who was stupid enought to smoke, smoke, smoke until it killed him. He's right !
  • dawn the spo... 2012/11/29 00:01:00
    dawn
    +6
    the spoiler--Typical Liberal "logic"--kill an unborn child but don't dare smoke a cigarette. John Wayne was a TRUE American & was a REAL man--you must be a Communist yourself to diss an American icon, do you pee on the American flag in your spare time?
  • the spo... dawn 2012/11/29 00:13:17
    the spoiler
    John Wayne was an actor. What else did he do that made him such a " TRUE American ? Be carefull with what you say, Oh, I'm a typical American
  • CommieH... the spo... 2012/11/29 22:54:40
    CommieHunter - AFCL- PWCM
    +2
    Well,
    1. He was a LOT more successful than you
    2. He made more money than you
    3. He made more movies than you
    4. He won more awards than you
    5. He had more friends than you
    6. He was more famous than you
    7. He was a LOT more intelligent than you
    8. He wasn't a libturd like you
    9. He was an American, not a socialist/communist like you
    10. He'll be remembered for decades, whereas you'll be forgotten as soon as you're put in the ground

..any more dumb ass questions libturd??
  • the spo... CommieH... 2012/11/29 22:57:13 (edited)
  • CommieH... the spo... 2012/11/30 02:02:57
  • the spo... CommieH... 2012/11/30 12:33:38
    the spoiler
    Say what you want but what I said is true, hurts doesn't it? Stay on topic, I did Idiot. I was showing you, according to you, what it takes to be a real american
  • SunShine the spo... 2012/11/30 16:52:09
    SunShine
    +1
    what truth? you think because you stated it that we would accept it as truth? lol.. you think that bragging makes you a real American?? wow.. you ARE messed up!!
  • the spo... SunShine 2012/11/30 18:00:23 (edited)
    the spoiler
    You bragged on John Wayne, I thought by your standards that that's what it takes to be a real AMERICAN. It's not bragging if you did it. It's called " Telling it like it is "
  • CommieH... the spo... 2012/11/30 19:54:07
    CommieHunter - AFCL- PWCM
    "Telling it like it is" -OR- telling it like you wish it was? Tell us about your tv show & back it up with some FACTS & maybe we'll believe you about the rest of what you claim.
  • the spo... CommieH... 2012/11/30 20:03:41
    the spoiler
    Ask me nice and I'll tell how to listen to my song on youtube.
    I was on a country & westen show on Sat. morning I had a group called the v-notes over 60 years ago
  • CommieH... the spo... 2012/12/01 01:25:02
    CommieHunter - AFCL- PWCM
    No, that's not necessary because it's plausible & I believe you. Before you "edited" your post above it appeared you were claiming a current tv show & possibly in prime time (which I would have made you prove lol)
  • the spo... CommieH... 2012/12/01 19:27:56
    the spoiler
    No no The TV show was local, back in the 50's and it lasted 4 wks at the most, just trying to give you a hard time ( hee hee ) but I was a recording artist for a long time
  • Tic-Toc the spo... 2012/12/10 02:43:45
    Tic-Toc
    So 20 years ago I had a group also, they were called:

Nicky-Nacker and His Nine Little Nose Pickers and our BIGGEST hit was the song titled:

"We'll Get You Yet, Ya Little Bogger"
  • SunShine the spo... 2012/11/30 23:00:51
    SunShine
    I never mentioned John Wayne..
  • the spo... SunShine 2012/11/30 23:02:57
    the spoiler
    +1
    Sorry SunShine
  • SunShine the spo... 2012/12/02 03:46:38
    SunShine
    accepted..

2014/07/25 01:33:26