POLITICS: What Are America's Top Problems?

SodaHead Politics 2010/05/13 13:08:12
I think the economy and jobs are our top problems.
I think immigration, especially illegal immigration, is our top problem.
I think ...
In the wild world of U.S. opinion, terrorism, weeks after the botched NYC car bombing, was ranked lower than immigration when it came to what people thought were the country's top problems.

According to Gallup, switching places at one and two were similar-themed topics: economy and jobs. At the same time, Americans grew more likely to name immigration (including illegal immigration) as the nation's most important problem, moving that issue into fifth place.

The heightened concern about immigration comes as a new Arizona law designed to address illegal immigration has drawn nationwide attention. There is increased concern both across the country and across the political spectrum. However, increased mentions of immigration are most pronounced in the Western states, surging from 2% in April to 16% in May, as well as among Republicans and conservatives.

"Americans continue to view unemployment as one of the nation's leading problems, but they put slightly less emphasis on it today than they did in April. At the same time, the percentage of Americans citing immigration as the top problem has swelled from 2% to 10%. The even steeper increases seen among Republicans and conservatives highlight a major aspect of that concern -- the belief that illegal immigration needs to be curtailed."

Read More: http://www.gallup.com/poll/127949/Jobs-Drops-No-Am...

• susanmom 2010/05/13 14:14:04
    I think ...
    susanmom
    +11
    I think our government is broken and the current administration and congress are doing everything in their power to further contribute to the demise of this once great country. An example of one of our many problems, one that has received much attention as of late, is of course, illegal immigration.

It is well know that the Arizona law known as SB 1070 has thrust this issue into the spotlight once again. And once again, it has polarized the conservative and progressive residents of this country, as well as both state and Federal government officials from the top down.

I ask each of you as Americans only, regardless of your ideology, to click on the picture below and read the sign(s) that these demonstrators are carrying. I also ask you to put aside race for a moment as it is NOT an issue that directly relates to the ongoing illegal invasion. Now, using common sense only and putting aside all other distractions, can anyone, in truth, defend the actions of those depicted? issue relates illegal invasion common distractions truth defend actions depicted

• Minuteman1969 2010/06/07 12:27:12
    I think ...
    Minuteman1969
    The REAL problem in America is the 435 politicians who would lie to their own mama to get a vote... They vote for automatic pay raises for themselves; massive pork barrel spending in the middle of a deep recession, for their cronies; they create problems and take crass advantage of disasters and crises to peddle their agendas; all the while the American people suffer and drudge on. It's time for them to GET OUT OF OUR HOUSE. http://www.GOOOH.com

crises peddle agendas american people suffer drudge house httpwww goooh
  • clock 2010/05/17 00:02:56
    clock
    our main problems in order:

complacency of the average american to defend his freedom
    impending bankruptcy
    terrorist mass destruction attack
    excessive litigation
    corporations owning the government
  • satel82 2010/05/16 01:41:24
    I think ...
    satel82
    Missed one. What about the government?
  • Steve O 2010/05/15 08:03:22
    Steve O
    All of the other problems in our country are directly related to the economy.
  • Europa 2010/05/15 01:51:36
    I think ...
    Europa
    Pure and unadulterated greed in corporate America.
  • American Reformed 2010/05/14 20:01:19
    I think ...
    American Reformed
    The biggest problem is partisanship. The two party system is further dividing this nation and yes both sides are guilty of this. There was a time and it wasn't that long ago, when this country could come together to put our best minds and ideas forward and compromise and work together to solve our pressing social issues.

Blessings Upon You
  • ElizabethWilliams 2010/05/14 15:55:17
    ElizabethWilliams
    I think .. " Cleaning out our White House with all of its corruption, from the bottom up to the top," would be a good place to start.. Then do the same thing on every local level, of every branch, of every facet, should be next ( if they have not left volunitarily on their own by then), march them all to the streets, strip them naked, remove all their possessions from their protected entities.. taking them to the desert to be dropped off.
    Then, start using some disinfectant on our country to remove ll traces of their corruption ... No more pensions, no more retirement benefits, no more EXCELLENT insurance's, no more homes located all over the world, and no more CREDIT to be paid every again, by : THE PEOPLE... Take America back... WAKE UP !!!!
  • davyd god loving patriot 2010/05/14 14:40:51
    I think ...
    davyd god loving patriot
    global socialism, governments and unions and corporations will be the big winners and the average people will get screwed, already started. You always see global this and global that and who pays, us.
  • Elizabe... davyd g... 2010/05/14 16:01:26
    ElizabethWilliams
    +1
    " Global ..." Good subject .. To be come global, means one every thing.. That, is the truth of the matter(s) here.. Since the European Union began, from the Lisbon Treaty being tinckered with, and Ireland finally singing onboard, it is destiny for the United States to be next .. That was not going to be an easy task ... but still, was part of the " arrangement of things.... !" The U.S. has to collaspe! The currencies, the religion's, the government's, the things that used to seperate all of us by title's, is being GLOBALIZED.
    One World Government; One Global Religion; One World Currency; all operated, by.. the United Nations... A self explanatory situation.. Just youtube it.. It is all there..
  • davyd g... Elizabe... 2010/05/15 15:18:29
    davyd god loving patriot
    What really got my attention was one of the Bush daughters saying she wanted to get into global healthcare, what the hell is going on, when did America become a country of followers, have the progressives twisted the truth so much that Americans have become idiots and just let these socialists ruin our future without even a sigh. The danger is here, and it's in your home
  • Elizabe... davyd g... 2010/05/17 21:10:22
    ElizabethWilliams
    +1
    What is going on here is ... going on all around the world.. The Elite are globalizing us.. They want One World Bank, One World Government, One World Religion, .. well, to put it simple, everything happening is all about " CONTROL."
    For anyone reading this, we are in for the ride of a lifetime.. What we are going to be experiencing will be the first and last time, in our lifetime.. The governmnet will soon be calling out Martial Law because of Civil Unrest.. And why would they do that ? Because they know, the PEOPLE of this nation are NOT going to forever more continue to take their CONTROL, by merely allowing them to do, ' whatever.." It will come to a point in time, when the people finally say "enough is enough .. !" But, until that moment in time, the problems that will be forced upon us, will be in a way, our own faults, because all we have done is: COMPLAIGNED, yet have not even tried to do anything about it.. When the government passes the FEMA Act, it was a moment that became a point of no return for the American People.. Fema has been given so much power and authority, we do not stand a chance...ONCE martial law is called out.. FEMA has been training CLERGY, to start using their church to get the message out, that will help the government gain CONTROL... of US...You a...
    For anyone reading this, we are in for the ride of a lifetime.. What we are going to be experiencing will be the first and last time, in our lifetime.. The governmnet will soon be calling out Martial Law because of Civil Unrest.. And why would they do that ? Because they know, the PEOPLE of this nation are NOT going to forever more continue to take their CONTROL, by merely allowing them to do, ' whatever.." It will come to a point in time, when the people finally say "enough is enough .. !" But, until that moment in time, the problems that will be forced upon us, will be in a way, our own faults, because all we have done is: COMPLAIGNED, yet have not even tried to do anything about it.. When the government passes the FEMA Act, it was a moment that became a point of no return for the American People.. Fema has been given so much power and authority, we do not stand a chance...ONCE martial law is called out.. FEMA has been training CLERGY, to start using their church to get the message out, that will help the government gain CONTROL... of US...You and I.. They are going to be playing on the " Moral Majority" by using the Bible Scripture, Roman 13. Just in case you are not familar with it, it is to tell us, to " ..submit to the authority..." If you have a difficult time believing this, Youtube ... fema clergy response team. And if that does not give you a few days of reading and disbelief, then, go a step further, and youtube .... fema.. Just that one word, will create a dropdown list, that speaks volumes... God Bless America ...and May God have mercy on us..
  • davyd g... Elizabe... 2010/05/21 22:39:25
    davyd god loving patriot
    Is it only us that sees this, it really amazes me that everyone are like sheep being led to the slaughter, and they like it, singing the praises of nobama and his criminals. It's getting worse
  • Elizabe... davyd g... 2010/05/25 19:48:19
    ElizabethWilliams
    WOW... Thank You.! It is more than amazing how most people are both blind and deaf, and most of all, not even curious about the things effectig their life and future ... The 'sheepals' will be slaughtere too ... SO sad.
  • Elizabe... davyd g... 2010/05/25 20:01:50
    ElizabethWilliams
    BINGO !!!! America has changed from what it once was .. But that was their mission.
    +1
    Economy, jobs and deficit spending are all three one and the same. Obama and this regime are totally incompetent on all three issues. They care more about fairnessand social-economic redistribution than people.
  • Elizabe... wtw 2010/05/17 21:17:19
    ElizabethWilliams
    +1
    Obama, Bush, Bush Jr., Clinton, Nixon, Ford, Carter, ... nearly every president that we have had ... are not voted into office... They are trained and appointed, by the ELite, the Illuminati ... Through the direct appointment of a ' bloodline ' , WE, the People, were just made to think, we played a part of who was in control of us and our country.. This was one of the less signifcant SCAMS our government has used to keep us under their thumbs, and have continued to made them more wealthy, being their " bill Payers."
  • wtw Elizabe... 2010/05/18 02:39:55
    I have heard that crap for years--and you know--I am not so sure it isn't true! The problem is proving it. The lack of a real press or media makes it nearly impossible for us to find truth. We may already have been sold out and under their control completely.
  • Elizabe... wtw 2010/05/25 19:49:52
    ElizabethWilliams
    +1
    Simple... Just " GOOGLE IT." And then to keep researching a subject on the Internet is still pretty simple, while we still have access to one..
  • michael 2010/05/14 02:58:14
    I think ...
    michael
    high unemployment, student loans, housing costs, and healthcare are the highest on the domestic side and on foreign policy side---Iran, Pakistain, Iraq, Yemen, Somila, Afghanistain, Saudi Arabia, Jordon, and the Perisan Gulf states are under sometype of threat plus North Korea
  • Elizabe... michael 2010/05/17 21:23:04
    ElizabethWilliams
    The things you have mentioned are issues of importance to us as people who love and are concerned about our country .. But, they are not, nor will they ever be issues of concerns to, this administration, nor any of the past.. Their agenda does not call for such concerns.. Their agenda does however, call to keep everything on track for the big picture of things. For example: The New World Order, the New Era, Globalized religion, globalized government, globalized currency, a one world bank ... and that is just a few of the things they have had on their menu for a very long time ..
  • Elizabe... michael 2010/05/17 21:36:56
    ElizabethWilliams
    Hate to tell you this, however, I will be gentle.. Domestic or Foreign ... wars and rumors of wars .. ? Well, these things are merely surface decoys. What you see on the mainstream media is all for the sake of, " programing the people.." There are no truths in what they tell us, it will only be the things they want to program us to think/believe, and know.. But all of those things have a different reason and purpose for knowing..and all such information is solely, the government's greed and control, of, and for, their futures.
    In June of '05, Bush signed an "Agreement" with the government's of Mexico and Canada,
    making the United States of America... the North American Union, and the 3 countries, a Tri-National Union, without borders... We are supposed to be supplying the army for these unionized countries thru the UN, and what they plan to do with the remainder of our military, that I don't know.. But at: http://www.spp.gov will tell you more about what they want you to know ..
  • Steve Boston 2010/05/14 01:21:15
    I think ...
    Steve Boston
    +3
    1. Political correctness.
    2. President Obamuppet’s administration.
    3. The Economy.
    4. The government school system.
    5. Illegal immigration.
    6. Uncontrolled and mismanaged Terrorist infiltration. (See #1)
  • Elizabe... Steve B... 2010/05/17 21:48:00
    ElizabethWilliams
    I know ... not think;
    1) Remove our system of government
    2) Remove our currency system and fiat money
    3) To take more control of the people by removing Libertie's and Freedom's
    4) Remove the U.S. Constitution
    5) Bring U.S. into the New World Order
    6) To Globalize Currency
    7) To Globalize Religion
    8) To Globalize Government's
    9) Create Terrorism lies, terms, and title's to accomodate their plans of secrecy
    10) To raise False Flags
    11) To tell lies and assign covert operations, using Jackel's and Secret Societies to take and be in control of other governments, and point fingers and tell the news in a totally different perspective, to suit their agenda's...

The United States of America, because of GREED and POLITIC's... is Babylon the Great Harlot .. Everyone should leave this country before it is too late ...and we still have the chance .. Regardless, take heed. God Bless America and the people of this nation, and around the world.. Keep your faith, because that is about all we have left but - is going to be tested very soon ...
  • SEAL76 2010/05/14 00:46:36
    SEAL76
    This administration is doing a terrible job dealing with our high unemployment and taxes. The US companies that manufacture overseas because the bottom line is more important than the country that people have died for are also major causes of unemployment. The big banks suck too.
  • Elizabe... SEAL76 2010/05/17 21:57:36
    ElizabethWilliams
    It is NOT ... the business of " this Administration " to do one single thing that falls into the facet of .. a campaign promise, remedies for 'average people', nor of Administration's past... We have been placed on the "Fast Track," ( google it) to be ushered into...The New World Order ( Google it or youtube it) as part of the transition to..The New Era .. The only way that can possibly be accomplished is, to collaspe the government as we know it, and the currency system.. ( one of the biggest scams the government ever got away with ( go to: http://www/zeigestmovie.com and that will enlighten you about our money system and how they used it w/o any value ... paper=paper i.o.u.'s .. AND... who and what the Federal Reserve is ).. I was so surprised to discover how many people did not know and understand that, the federal reserve is NOT... a part of our government.. But it is 12 privately owned, tax-exempt banks, our government borrows money from, for the tax-payers to pay back ...
  • "Abe" 2010/05/14 00:39:39
    I think ...
    "Abe"
    +1
    #1 Problem - Obama and his administration

#2 Problem - Congress in "totality"

#3 Problem - Apathethic and "politically" uneducated voters and non-voters

#4 Problem - Supreme Court of the USA

3 apathethic politically uneducated voters non-voters 4 supreme court usa

Then start from "scratch" using (and strictly adhering to) The Declaration of Independence and The Constitution of the United States.

supreme court usa scratch strictly adhering declaration independence constitution united

Just my opinion.
  • voice_m... "Abe" 2010/05/14 01:11:08
    voice_matters
    Alot of spam is all you have offered.
  • "Abe" voice_m... 2010/05/14 02:39:27
    "Abe"
    +1
    Spam tastes a lot better than left-wing Bullshit~~!!
  • voice_m... "Abe" 2010/05/14 03:01:36
    voice_matters
    But all you are giving us is spam and bullshit. enjoy your ignornat life
  • Elizabe... "Abe" 2010/05/17 22:05:03
    ElizabethWilliams
    There is NO Left.
    There is NO Right.
    There is NO Independent.
    There IS... an Agenda ...
    If you were really interested in this great country and what is going on, you could not be so blind and deaf ... No spam, no lies, but, now you have been told the truth .. And when more of the truth is facing you, I sure hope you deal with it much better than how you handeled the small stuff... Research do not assume... Cause you know nothing.
  • "Abe" Elizabe... 2010/05/18 01:54:15
    "Abe"
    Look Lady? - I spent 22 1/2 years of my life in the military and another 8+ years working for the Federal Government with (at times security clearances far beyond "Secret" information) - so I think I know a LITTLE "about polittics" and how the game is played. I've been there and been part of it. I'm a war veteran, also so I know what "war" is all about. But THANK YOU for your very fine "intellectual" dissertation about my "interest in this great country... (ad nauseaum)". I've done more "research" in my life than TWO people like you. I DO NOW SOMETHING~~!!

fine intellectual dissertation country ad nauseaum ive research life people
  • Elizabe... voice_m... 2010/05/17 22:01:51
    ElizabethWilliams
    Before you make such accusations... do some investigating. Because " Your Oppinion is way out in left back field .. " You obviously, do not have a cue what is going on, nor what any thing is about ... You sure have a ot of catching up to do .. Hope you can read.. Start with learning about our money system and the Federal Reserve .. After you understand how that SCAM was made such a success, then I suggest you continue on, so you know and understand, who really runs this country and the world... Cause it sure has nothing to do with " VOTING... " Good Luck ..
  • voice_m... Elizabe... 2010/05/17 22:29:20
    voice_matters
    SPAM BULLSHIT
  • Elizabe... voice_m... 2010/05/25 19:54:36
    ElizabethWilliams
    Why do so many have such a hard time with the TRUTH ? To simply reply,
    "Bullshit," when I know what I know.. And I know by your response that you
    have no idea.... about realities effecting your life and the world we all live in.
    Sad story... but belongs to so many.
  • voice_m... Elizabe... 2010/05/26 02:14:16
  • Ric O'Shea® 2010/05/14 00:37:45
  • Elizabe... Ric O'S... 2010/05/17 22:09:04
    ElizabethWilliams
    When, if ever, are you people going to get it.. If, you do not start researching some of these things to find out.. not what you THINK or ASSUME... but the TRUTH .. you will be come one that will perish .. Sorry, but there is not a long time remaining for investigating, cause you have so much to catch up on.. Good Luck, happy reading.. I suggest you begin Googling things... words, names, terms, questions... Also, there is youtube... Just go to youtube, and in the earch bar, just type your promary word, name, etc,, But I strongly suggest you do something besides believe things you hear as usual .. Sorry ..
  • voice_m... Ric O'S... 2010/05/18 00:42:34
    voice_matters
    But it is ok for that same attitude to vcome from the left?
  • MARTY 2010/05/14 00:35:52
    I think ...
    MARTY
    all of the above!
  • jumpboots 187th PIR 2010/05/14 00:26:23
    I think ...
    jumpboots 187th PIR
    +2
    It all depend what tomorrow brings.If the terrorist succeed that will be on the front burner, Unemployment,Economy,Our boaders,National security.Cutting taxes.Education.Should all be on the front burners. But their not Why? What was one todays headline ? Bailing out europe, and boycott Arizona What a joke...

2014/04/17 16:24:29