POLITICS: Has John McCain Lost His Mind (Part II)?

Edward Barrera 2010/05/11 19:57:26
We continue to chronicle the metamorphosis of Arizona Senator John McCain here at SodaHead.

When we last saw the one-time maverick, he had tossed every shred of integrity he once had all for a few votes.

In his continued, sad attempt to distance himself from a sensible approach to illegal immigration, including pushing for amnesty, he has now, with a Navy baseball cap screwed tightly on, become John "Complete That Danged Fence” McCain.

• Lisa~in~Texas 2010/05/12 00:14:42
    John McCain is...
    Lisa~in~Texas
    +17
    Not really president material, but SO much greater than the one who got into office for one reason alone (which wasn't his knowledge, integrity or experience).

At least McCain is trying to do something.

Those of you in favor of amnesty haven't thought it through.

Imagine ....You have $100 for the week. You give $30 of that to taxes. You have your own family, a home, a car and expenses. Do you *really* want an unlimited number of people tapping in to your $70? Get real.

• LUMU 2010/05/22 02:39:36
    John McCain is...
    LUMU
    just sad.

considering his age, poor health, and abundence of money, I just can't understand why he is so willing to embarrass himself, and why he is so desperate to be re-ellected. The only motivation I can think of is sour grapes. Is he really so petty? apparently so.

it's a shame.... so many people really looked up to McCain. Now he has lowered himself to sucking up to the likes of Palin, stood firm with a party he knows in his heart is acting out of political posturing instead of any interest in what is best for this country or her people, and reversed his own stance just to make political hay. It is pathetic to watch.
  • Linnaeus 2010/05/15 17:09:49
    John McCain is now pandering in a desperate attempt to win votes.
    Linnaeus
    Now that I've moved to AZ I will get the opportunity to vote against this guy again.
    Its sad, because six years ago I would have voted for him.
  • METALheadMom 2010/05/13 16:26:54
    John McCain is...
    METALheadMom
    far from insane.
  • Smokey 2010/05/13 13:21:06 (edited)
    John McCain is...
    Smokey
    WEAK. Now many of you people thought that a McCain/Palin ticket would be the answer to our troubles? Listen, I'm NOT happy with the current administration, but the other option scares the heck out of me.
  • snipe Smokey 2010/05/13 14:33:54
    snipe
    +1
    And just how, pray tell, could they have been any worse than what we have now? I can understand why you're happy with Obama since he signs your paychecks, but good grief man can't you see what it's going to be like in a few years once all of Obama's plans come to fruition?
  • Smokey snipe 2010/05/13 16:46:26
    Smokey
    +1
    oops, typo... I meant to say, "I'm NOT happy with the current administration."

Sorry,

Smokey
  • Smokey snipe 2010/05/13 16:48:38
    Smokey
    +1
    snipe,

The CEO of the company I work for signs my paycheck, and prior to that Uncle Sam signed my paycheck while I served HONORABLY in the United States Army. And I'm a War Veteran too. I don't look for HAND outs or the Federal Government to bail me out!

Take care snipe! Like I previously stated, I made a typo. I'm not happy with this current administration either! But, I'm also not a fan of John McCain.
  • snipe Smokey 2010/05/13 18:19:29
    snipe
    I didn't think McCain was the right man for the job either. After reading some of your posts in the past I thought you worked Federal Gov, sorry.
  • XZQZQ 2010/05/13 11:56:57
    John McCain is...
    XZQZQ
    The shifting political winds are blowing against the Progressives....France, Germany, and the UK all have conservative governments now, and we are sure to follow....I suspect that Sen. McCain's political career is ending....he could have been President, if only he had aggressively stood up for the USA, and called out Obama as the lying phony that he so obviously is.....however, Sen. McCain didn't want to 'offend anyone'....
  • chanelshirt 2010/05/13 11:29:45
  • coolmilitary 2010/05/13 09:43:09
  • Get crazy with the cheese-whiz 2010/05/13 08:53:12
    Get crazy with the cheese-whiz
    ahhh. But to lose something, that would imply that you once had it :)
  • Red Ruffansore 2010/05/13 04:07:52 (edited)
    Red Ruffansore
    Yes he has lost his mind but it was years ago and had to do with the application of bamboo to the cranium in an oriental rendition of wipe out. It's just now becoming apparent to the average idiot class voters we have as to what the meaning of RINO is.

He should have been gone ages ago and if Arizona stuffs this stiff necked tin eared idiot back in for another term then Arizona deserves to slide across the rio grande and make it official.

McLame is for amnesty, McLame does NOT want to build the fence. McLame is NOT for sending the illegals back. This poll and question was NOT clear to the average person who is not well versed in McCainism's which means say one thing and do another.
  • XZQZQ Red Ruf... 2010/05/13 12:02:11
    XZQZQ
    Being aware of Sen. McCain's politics, I was ill-prepared for how appealing he was, when he was introduced as the Republican Presidential nominee.....I was saddened at what a pathetic race he ran.....Obama ran rings around him....
  • Lestat 2010/05/13 04:03:25
    John McCain is...
    Lestat
    +1
    He is absolutely right complete the Danged fence !!!!!
    If people want to migrate to the united states I'm all for it, But they should have to do it legally and through the proper channels. Not just sneak in like thieves in the night...

As for amnesty i say HELL NO!!!!! You sneak into this country now I'm going award you for doing something that has been deemed Illegal by our laws?!?!?!

If you want to come to The UNITED STATES do so legally and most citizens will not have a problem with you. Don't sneak into the country and demand Rights that you are in no way entitled to...
  • Dogman 2010/05/13 02:41:20
    John McCain has not lost his mind. He's now become enlightened on illegal imm...
    Dogman
    +2
    John McCain has seen the light! Keep it up
  • chuck 2010/05/13 02:40:02
    John McCain is...
    chuck
    Had to have one to lose one... Go away Senator.........
  • Gracie ~Gun Totin' Gracie~ 2010/05/13 01:22:42
    John McCain is...
    Gracie ~Gun Totin' Gracie~
    +3
    Well' maybe he is seeing the error of his ways.
  • MarinerFH 2010/05/13 01:13:08 (edited)
  • krayzrick 2010/05/12 22:05:36
    John McCain is...
    krayzrick
    +2
    ...history. Retire.
  • amazinggrace 2010/05/12 20:24:18
    John McCain is...
    amazinggrace
    +4
    Not going to get my vote.
  • Bcounted 2010/05/12 19:29:01
    John McCain is...
    Bcounted
    +8
    Illegal immigration is so out of control there cannot be a resolve that appeases all, never the less, this huge problem that is overtaxing our services must be faced and fixed, I applaud Arizona for having the balls to enforce the federal law and attempt to preserve its services for citizens. We simply cannot ignore this problem any longer
    Bcounted
  • XZQZQ Bcounted 2010/05/13 12:03:02
    XZQZQ
    +1
    Agreed.
  • Louisa - Enemy of the State 2010/05/12 19:20:29
    John McCain is...
    Louisa - Enemy of the State
    +5
    John McCain was finished, washed up, BEFORE he received his parties nomination. He is so inconsequential that it matters little what he says.

I voted for McCain and it was an easy choice (McCain/Obama) but I hope to never be put in that situation again.
  • jay 2010/05/12 18:07:55
    jay
    +4
    McCain is a disgusting RINO weasel.

*BARF*
  • mr jiggs jay 2010/05/12 21:17:36
    mr jiggs
    +5
    Like this ???
    SmileyCentral.com
  • jay mr jiggs 2010/05/12 23:21:52
    jay
    +2
    LOL thanks for the laff
  • mr jiggs jay 2010/05/13 14:03:22
    mr jiggs
    +1
    Anytime Jay !!!
  • XZQZQ jay 2010/05/13 12:03:58
    XZQZQ
    He is a good man consistently on the wrong side of almost any political issue, imo...
  • Lanikai 2010/05/12 17:37:42 (edited)
    John McCain is...
    +4
    I do NOT like mcshame

Finally trying to do the right thing. But it is a little too little, too late. He co-sponsored an amnesty plan with Kennedy during Bushes term and the voters issued a resounding NO. He has repeatedly called for an amnesty plan that would fine the illegals, let them stay, on the promise that they get their paperwork done, not even becoming citizens, just getting legalized papers. UGH, he is a hack, greedy for power, desperate to be pres, and totally irrelevant in todays political climate.

We need true leaders, and true Americans, not the sell our freedoms cheaply, give our nation away, socialist schmucks we have now.
  • JustTheFacts 2010/05/12 17:34:02 (edited)
    JustTheFacts
    +3
    where he really needed to flip flop was on his decision to NOT expose the Street Thug Social Worker during the campaign for what he is instead of playing nice. The US would be in a much better position right now under his leadership.
  • phoenix... JustThe... 2010/05/12 22:46:50
    phoenix AFCL
    +2
    The fix was in between McCain, Hillary & BO.... Hillary had all the dirt.. she pulled back. After they all had the Bilderberg meeting, it was a done deal. McCain worked very hard to NOT get elected.
  • cat 2010/05/12 17:32:26
    cat
    +3
    Only one thing to say "What profit the man who gains the world but loses his soul?"
    And the worst thing also is along with his soul he is going to lose his senate seat.
    There is no stopping this...There is no crying in baseball....
  • Get cra... cat 2010/05/13 08:57:20
    Get crazy with the cheese-whiz

Are you crying? Are you crying? ARE YOU CRYING? There's no crying! THERE'S NO CRYING IN BASEBALL!
  • cat Get cra... 2010/05/28 21:49:01
    cat
    he he he, Thanks for the pic. I liiiikkkke it.
  • Tombo 2010/05/12 17:02:14
    Tombo
    +4
    Yes! John McCain can and should fllp/flop at least one more time; he should flip/flop his progressive, liberal, big government ass the hell out of Washington..FOR GOOD! votes john mccain fllpflop flipflop progressive liberal government ass washington
  • Lanikai Tombo 2010/05/12 18:17:22
    +1
    Bravo, well said.
  • Tombo Lanikai 2010/05/19 18:54:22
    Tombo
    Thank You, Sir!

Bows
  • Hawkeye 2010/05/12 17:00:43
    John McCain is...
    Hawkeye
    +4
    Amnesty was TRIED before in '86 and ALL it did was to COMPOUND the Illegal Invasion problem ever since....
    Apparently.. there are SOME people who continue to believe in SLAVERY in this country..
    McCain will NOT save his carreer by finally listening to his constituents JUST before an election..
    Palin couldn't resurrect his dying political carreer in '08 and a wall won't do it in 2010..
    Hey McCain..SAY hello to Bennett for us..
    Collins,, Snow and Graham.. YOU'RE NEXT...
    ROFLMAO.....
  • XZQZQ Hawkeye 2010/05/13 12:06:32
    XZQZQ
    'Collins,, Snow and Graham.. YOU'RE NEXT...' I hope so.....

2014/09/02 07:15:12