Pole Dancing Classes for Children: Inappropriate or OK?

SodaHead News 2011/06/13 08:44:14
A Northampton, England, dance studio offers pole dancing classes to children as young as 3 years old. Is this OK?

Kidscape director Claude Knights said: "Exposing children to pole dancing at such a young age carries a great risk. The children will innocently enjoy copying the raunchy moves they learn, but be completely unaware of the sexual messages these send out which inevitably can have dangerous results."

Private school educated Miss Wilford, 30, from Islington in North London, said she started the classes six months ago because of demand from the children of mothers she teaches to pole dance.

She said: "They wanted to join in because it is such fun. There is nothing sexual about it. I am trying to remove the stigma from pole dancing and show that it actually helps children keep fit and learn balance, much like gym classes. Nothing has meaning apart from the meaning someone attaches to it."

Are pole dancing classes for children inappropriate or OK?

Read More: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2002697/Li...

• Juliet 2011/06/13 09:07:53
    Inappropriate
    Juliet
    +9
    how can she attempt to remove the stigma? pretty sure a half naked woman grinding and sliding up and down a pole is very sexual

• Khan 2013/12/23 18:10:59
    Inappropriate
    Khan
    Hi. Love u
  • yvajcner 2011/09/29 21:08:46
    Inappropriate
    yvajcner
    Pole dancing, while it takes a lot of stamina, is NOT ok for kids. It's sexual and graphic.
  • marc 2011/09/21 19:29:48
    Inappropriate
    marc
    but it might have reverse effect.
  • natalia_isabel 2011/07/27 12:58:14
    Inappropriate
    natalia_isabel
    Pole dancing is a sensual type of art, its more suitable for adults. But then people use to look and to attract people in a sexual way, and thats when it goes wrong.
  • California Jones 2011/06/22 11:06:49
    Inappropriate
    California Jones
    You have to ask?
  • TruBluTopaz 2011/06/22 03:10:53
    Inappropriate
    TruBluTopaz
    +1
    I put this right up there with people who let young, young, young girls listen to Kesha and emulate the way women dress and act in music videos. It seems like just a way to groom them for bad behavior.
  • RogerRover 2011/06/22 01:03:28
    Inappropriate
    RogerRover
    Entirely. We can do much better.
  • Euphrosyne 2011/06/18 03:55:54
    Inappropriate
    Euphrosyne
    Pole dancing as a form of exercise should only be for adults as they can understand that it is not for a sexual purpose, young girls however may not understand this so well and when they get a boyfriend, might want to impress him with their "moves". If you want your kid to be fit then teach 'em how to play Volleyball or get them interested in certain sports. Pole dancing is definitely not something you would teach to young children.

It's funny though because I've been seeing a lot of late night commercials of a new exercising video that involves pole dancing and it has young women dancing sexy. I love how the commercial says "Great way for you ladies to 'show off' to your man".
  • beckylee 2011/06/16 00:50:51
    Inappropriate
    beckylee
    +1
    ridiculously inappropriate
  • cjet 2011/06/15 20:25:35
    Inappropriate
    cjet
    I understand that it's a good way to keep fit but some lines shouldn't be blured. There are pleanty of other ways for kids to get fit.
  • OK
    ღ.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ.ღJordan-Louiseღ.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ.ღ
    I think it is OK as long as it is for exercise and fun only.

Pole dancing is NOT all about being a stripper and doing sexy moves, it is actually a great way to tone up and build up your muscles (leg musles in particular).

Most people just know it in the bad way though, but in actualy fact pole dancing is a great way to lose weight, and it's fun too!

So in my eyes 'pole dancing' for children is OK as long as it is not sexual in any way shape or form (yes this is possible).

And if it is a girls-only environment, then the children are less likely to be looked at in the wrong way - so this way they can have fun, but be safer at the same time from those who think pole dancing is sexual only
  • ღ.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ... ღ.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ... 2011/06/15 02:14:21
    ღ.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ.ღJordan-Louiseღ.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ.ღ
    http://www.poleverized.com.au/

http://www.allpoledancing.com...

Exercise Benefits of Pole Dancing

Burning Calories - can burn as many as 250 calories which is similar to a good gym session

Builds Muscle and Tones - supporting your entire weight with one arm can be challenging and will build your upper body. It also helps strengthen your stomach muscles and you can, if you go regularly expect to see increased muscle definition in your bottom, arms and thighs

Beats The Winter Blues – the physical exertion makes your body release the happy hormones – endorphins making you feel better and more energetic
  • TruBluT... ღ.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ... 2011/06/22 03:13:33
    TruBluTopaz
    My daughter is actually a dance director. She choreographs lots of dances for kids from three to eighteen. Some competition will score raunchy moves or costumes down if they are not age appropriate. And by the way, why do these girls need a pole when most of them don't have basic modern or jazz dance moves down? All this does is promote an image that is not age appropriate.
  • Deb 2011/06/15 00:24:38
    Inappropriate
    Deb
    Disgusting, and so wrong on so many levels.....
  • Tab Bear[: 2011/06/14 21:54:02
    Inappropriate
    Tab Bear[:
    I just don't see how little kids need to have pole dancing classes.
  • big bobber 2011/06/14 17:56:29
    Inappropriate
    big bobber
    +1
    they are creating prey for child molesters and killers by making them look grown up and sexy..they are just as bad as brooke sheilds mom that had her play in a movie and was a nude teenage prostitute....what is wrong withthese people why cant they let them be kids and grow up normal?
  • XxitaliandrummerXx 2011/06/14 15:28:59
    OK
    XxitaliandrummerXx
    +1
    if u want ur kid to grow up like a stripers or pole dancer thats great for u when ur done u can give her the best spots to sell her body(sarcasuim)THATS JUST FREAKING MESSED UP
  • Michaelene 2011/06/14 15:26:37
    Inappropriate
    Michaelene
    +1
    I have had major arguments with friends over the way they have raised their daughters (mainly because I would not allow my own daughter hang with theirs)
    Suggestive clothing, singing dirty sex and drug songs, cheerleading with writing on their behinds so they pull up their skirts, etc.
    I believe that children should be kept safe from adult influences, they have their whole lives to act a fool like so many adults do.
  • YukikoT 2011/06/14 15:22:31
    Inappropriate
    YukikoT
    +1
    Duh! That's just encouraging pedophellic acts and literally preparing the children for their future... not so bright future :/
  • kit-Kat:P 2011/06/14 15:05:23
    Inappropriate
    kit-Kat:P
    i personally thought that americans were trying to stop that. am i right or am i completly crazy?
  • Mother nature is biased 2011/06/14 14:20:41
    Inappropriate
    Mother nature is biased
    However, it's understandable. Once you legitimize homosexuality and the many other sexual perversions that comes with it you also have people that advocate N.A.M.B.L.A. ideology infiltrate the socio-political sphere with their homo-pedophilia/hebephilia. It's inevitable.
  • S. Gompers 2011/06/14 13:28:48
    Inappropriate
    S. Gompers
    +1
    Completely.
  • 10997 2011/06/14 11:06:35
    Inappropriate
    10997
    +1
    NO, THAT IS DISGUSTING
  • tj ~(^-^)~ 2011/06/14 10:58:41
    Inappropriate
    tj  ~(^-^)~
    +2
    That's extremely inappropriate! 'Here's a good idea, lets teach children to be ho's from an earlier age!' Yeah, that sounds smart, tools.
    Why the hell would 50+ people click yes?
  • ღ.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ... tj ~(^... 2011/06/15 02:10:36
    ღ.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ.ღJordan-Louiseღ.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ.ღ
    Its not teaching them to be ho's unless they are dressing them in minimal clothing and teaching them overly sexual moves - then showing them to everyone.

Like I said in my response, pole dancing is actually a form of exercise too, and a good one at that, adults do it all the time (no not 'just' strippers, people in their own homes or in classes and such: for HEALTH reasons), so why should younger children not be able to do it.

just read my reply and you'll understand:

'I think it is OK as long as it is for exercise and fun only.

And if it is a girls-only environment, then the children are less likely to be looked at in the wrong way - so this way they can have fun, but be safer at the same time from those who think pole dancing is sexual only'
    Read
  • tj ~(^... ღ.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ... 2011/06/15 04:45:17
    tj  ~(^-^)~
    Than they really have to come up with a new name, because as soon as most people hear 'pole dancing' they think of stippers. Well, I do.
    I'd never send my child to one of these classes(if i had one), because
    1. Pole dancing
    2. There are other ways to get fit, that's what gyms are for, andout everytm
    3. I know what she could use those tricks for later on, and thats not something I'd want to think about everytime I dropped her of at class. :)
  • ღ.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ... tj ~(^... 2011/06/15 04:48:18
    ღ.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ.ღJordan-Louiseღ.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ.ღ
    I agree.

And it is your choice whether or not to send your hypothetical kids to pole dancing classes or not haha

And yes there are other forms of exercise, however this method is deemed to be extremely good, as it uses most of your muscles at the same time
  • beckylee ღ.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ... 2011/06/16 00:49:50
    beckylee
    pole dancing as a form of exercise for children is extremely inapproriate, and the parents who allow it should be shot. You're essentially teaching young girls to dance sexually, and though it may only be exercise at first, what happens when later they take these exercises elsewhere?
    It should be an adults-only exercise, because as adults you have a better understanding of what you're doing.
  • G 2011/06/14 09:05:15
    Inappropriate
    G
    +1
    We should probably stop teaching little girls that their most important skills are behaving like stupid whores if we ever want them to become intelligent contributing members of society instead of vacuous walking vaginas.
  • Rick 2011/06/14 07:52:39
    Inappropriate
    Rick
    +2
    50 pedophiles pressed the "ok" vote
  • nonnonsenseguy 2011/06/14 07:06:30
    Inappropriate
    nonnonsenseguy
    +1
    Is this dance studio owned by a child molester? Sick
  • hypnotic 2011/06/14 07:04:32
    Inappropriate
    hypnotic
    +3
    What happened to the old way of learnning dance? Do we really have to think this is O.K. Because its not! Its Tacky,What wrong with Jazz,Tap and Ballet?Thats real dancing!
  • Wonder Woman 2011/06/14 06:49:54
  • kresge 2011/06/14 06:31:14
    Inappropriate
    kresge
    Creepy!
  • holdenferall 2011/06/14 06:28:40
    Inappropriate
    holdenferall
    +1
    This is a joke, right?
  • ernest debrew 2011/06/14 05:33:56
    Inappropriate
    ernest debrew
    +1
    One strong way of attracting pedophiles, moron.

• meshell 2011/06/14 05:27:56
  • ernest ... meshell 2011/06/14 05:35:18
  • meshell ernest ... 2011/06/14 06:17:47
    meshell
    yeah. sorry dont understand your post
  • Playerazzi meshell 2011/06/14 07:51:46
    Playerazzi
    Ew.

(but she can come back in about ten years or so . . . . hope she's still a sweet young lady then)

2014/04/18 13:32:53