PLEASE SHARE THIS: Why is Obama claiming he killed OBL when it was really the result of 15 years of intelligence gathering and training by Navy Seals?

TruBluTopaz 2012/05/02 01:42:18
I will pass this on
I have a comment
Read this please and pass it on. The self congratulatory of our current president is both disingenous and undignified. Most presidents would have the sense to honor the personnel that made this operation successful-especially since so many of them died, possible as the result of some early and public grandstanding on the part of the administration. This is from a former CIA head who has first hand knowledge of what went down. He dismisses the Obama assertions that nothing meaningful was going on during the Bush administration and calls the actions taken by Democrats dangerous and implicate them in the attempt to subvert our sovereignty.

"The path to bin Laden’s death didn’t start with Obama

By Jose A. Rodriguez Jr., Published: April 30The Washington Post

Jose A. Rodriguez Jr. is a 31-year veteran of the CIA and the author of “Hard Measures: How Aggressive CIA Actions After 9/11 Saved American Lives.”

As we mark the anniversary of Osama bin Laden’s death, President Obama deserves credit for making the right choice on taking out Public Enemy No. 1.

But his administration never would have had the opportunity to do the right thing had it not been for some extraordinary work during the George W. Bush administration. Much of that work has been denigrated by Obama as unproductive and contrary to American principles.

He is wrong on both counts.

Shortly after bin Laden met his maker last spring, courtesy of U.S. Special Forces and intelligence, the administration proudly announced that when Obama took office, getting bin Laden was made a top priority. Many of us who served in senior counterterrorism positions in the Bush administration were left muttering: “Gee, why didn’t we think of that?”

The truth is that getting bin Laden was the top counterterrorism objective for U.S. intelligence since well before the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks. This administration built on work pain­stakingly pursued for many years before Obama was elected — and without this work, Obama administration officials never would have been in a position to authorize the strike on Abbottabad, Pakistan, that resulted in bin Laden’s overdue death.

In 2004, an al-Qaeda terrorist was captured trying to communicate with Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, the leader of the terror organization’s operations in Iraq. That captured terrorist was taken to a secret CIA prison — or “black site” — where, initially, he was uncooperative. After being subjected to some “enhanced interrogation techniques” — techniques authorized by officials at the most senior levels of the U.S. government and that the Justice Department’s Office of Legal Counsel confirmed were consistent with U.S. law — the detainee became compliant. He was not one of the three al-Qaeda operatives who underwent waterboarding, the harshest of the hard measures.

Once this terrorist decided that non-cooperation was a non-starter, he told us many things — including that bin Laden had given up communicating via telephone, radio or Internet, and depended solely on a single courier who went by “Abu Ahmed al-Kuwaiti.” At the time, I was chief of the CIA’s Counterterrorism Center. The fact that bin Laden was relying on a lone courier was a revelation that told me bin Laden had given up day-to-day control of his organization. You can’t run an operation as large, complex and ambitious as al-Qaeda by communicating only every few months. It also told me that capturing him would be even harder than we had thought.

Armed with the pseudonym of bin Laden’s courier, we pressed on. We asked other detainees in our custody if they had ever heard of “al-Kuwaiti.” Khalid Sheik Mohammed, the mastermind of 9/11, reacted in horror when he heard the name. He backed into his cell and vigorously denied ever hearing of the man. We later intercepted communications KSM sent to fellow detainees at the black site, in which he instructed them: “Tell them nothing about the courier!”

In 2005 another senior detainee, Abu Faraj al-Libi, told us that this courier had informed him that Libi had been selected to be al-Qaeda’s No. 3 official. Surely that kind of information is delivered only by highly placed individuals.

A couple of years later, after I became head of the National Clandestine Service, the CIA was able to discover the true name of the courier. Armed with that information, the agency worked relentlessly to locate that man. Finding him eventually led to tracking down and killing bin Laden.

With some trying to turn bin Laden’s death into a campaign talking point for Obama’s reelection, it is useful to remember that the trail to bin Laden started in a CIA black site — all of which Obama ordered closed, forever, on the second full day of his administration — and stemmed from information obtained from hardened terrorists who agreed to tell us some (but not all) of what they knew after undergoing harsh but legal interrogation methods. Obama banned those methods on Jan. 22, 2009.

This past weekend, Sens. Dianne Feinstein and Carl Levin attacked statements made in May 2011 by me, former CIA director Michael Hayden and former attorney general Michael Mukasey regarding what led to bin Laden’s death. They misunderstood and mischaracterized our positions.

No single tactic, technique or approach led to the successful operation against bin Laden. But those who suggest it was all a result of a fresh approach taken after Jan. 20, 2009, are mistaken.

Read More: http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/the-path-to...

• Mr. T 2012/05/02 01:52:04 (edited)
    I have a comment
    Mr. T
    +6
    Obama LOVES the "rockstar spotlight" and will do or say anything to stay in it. Give credit where credit is due....lots of luck with that. Obama is a COMPLETE POS.

• Quazimoto 2012/05/11 20:30:47
    I have a comment
    Quazimoto
    Here is a clue....
    narcissist
  • Bob S 2012/05/03 14:48:01
    I have a comment
    Bob S
    +1
    He always takes the credit. ACTUALLY HE IS A PUPPET OF THE RADICAL LEFT WING.
  • Mr Wayne 2012/05/03 13:43:34
    I have a comment
    Mr Wayne
    +1
    I'm fairly certain the obvious fact that he has no accomplishments that he can be proud of has already occurred to you.
  • TheTruth1313 2012/05/03 07:31:58
    I will pass this on
    TheTruth1313
    +2
    Why? Because Obama is an opportunist little scumbag that will do, say and attempt to take advantage of anything to remain the liar in chief. It is time to kick this socialist dog out of office. Make the pledge!!
  • The Black Dagger 2012/05/03 07:26:43
    I will pass this on
    The Black Dagger
  • mrdog 2012/05/03 07:08:05
    I have a comment
    mrdog
    +2
    Fact is he gave the order...bubba bill failed to do it.... regardless of his politics it was
    the correct call...bark
  • TruBluT... mrdog 2012/05/03 12:04:56
    TruBluTopaz
    +1
    Of course the fact that intel never spotted OBL would have nothing to do with that would it? Bush should have just randomly sent drones everywhere like Obama has done.
  • Bob S TruBluT... 2012/05/03 14:49:13
    Bob S
    Obama will kill but not waterboard. Where is his logic...
  • mrdog TruBluT... 2012/05/03 16:00:15
    mrdog
    strange comment for me...bark
  • Balladeer-PWCM-POTL 2012/05/03 05:55:11
    I have a comment
    Balladeer-PWCM-POTL
    +2
    because this Piece of dung from Chicago wants to stay POTUS so he will claim ANYTHING to sell himself and the rubes will buy it wholesale
  • JoeM~PWCM~JLA 2012/05/03 05:42:27
    I will pass this on
    JoeM~PWCM~JLA
    +1
    The intel and training goes back to Clinton and Bush. Obama had almost nothing to do but not get in the way.
  • Ashley 2012/05/02 12:47:39
    I will pass this on
    Ashley
    +3
    Is Pres Obama claiming credit for the failed banks, poor economy, high unemployment, high gas prices, etc? That all comes with the territory.
  • Beat Magnum True Hero 2012/05/02 09:30:12
    I have a comment
    Beat Magnum True Hero
    +1
    I don't know. Why did Bush dress up and play Fighter Pilot, declaring that the Iraq war was over about 10 years before the troops ever came home?
  • TruBluT... Beat Ma... 2012/05/02 22:38:00
    TruBluTopaz
    +4
    Please tell me you are aware that the Mission Accomplished banner was for the returning crew members who had been out on a mission for more than four months. Otherwise, you come across as just another worthless non-reading liberal. Also, if one flies in a helicopter to a ship, one is expected to wear the appropriate attire, which isn't a suit and tie. Get a clue.
  • TheR 2012/05/02 06:47:18
    I have a comment
    TheR
    http://www.prisonplanet.com/i...

Actually why is anyone claiming this as some sort of distinctive act? Not only are the Seals complete Morons which took 15 years to do, but also the President, because BinLadin didn't even do 911.

BinLadin Photo
  • TruBluT... TheR 2012/05/02 22:39:43
    TruBluTopaz
    +1
    Seals didn't do the reconaissance. That was up to the NSA, FBI, CIA and military intelligence. Seals, Rangers and other elite forces are working off the plans of others. I can guarantee you that Obama had no part in organizing, researching or otherwise implementing the plan, In fact many reports say that he wasn't informed until the failsafe line had been crossed because it was orchestrated by Clinton and Panetta.
  • CUDDLY BUT STILL CRABBY 2012/05/02 05:11:59
    I have a comment
    CUDDLY BUT STILL CRABBY
    +1
    It's the only positive news we've had from this worthless president. He's hamming it up like he actually pulled the trigger. According to Hussein, this is the person most responsible for the OBL killing (if indeed it occurred at all, I've never seen ANY evidence of it)

gutsy
  • Builder CUDDLY ... 2012/05/02 11:35:38
  • CUDDLY ... Builder 2012/05/02 13:39:49
    CUDDLY BUT STILL CRABBY
    I suspect your percentages are NOT quite as high as that but keep on living in your fantasy.
  • Builder CUDDLY ... 2013/05/26 11:59:26
    Builder
    I guess I was proven right huh? lol
  • TruBluT... Builder 2012/05/02 22:47:40
    TruBluTopaz
    Really? You think that Obama has solved the problem? Well take a look at th e projections and then realize that government ALWAYS underestimated how much things cost. Anyone But Obama. 2012 unemployment map
  • Denny 2012/05/02 03:06:46
    I have a comment
    Denny
    Because he still thinks of this as a video game.
  • Evil 1 2012/05/02 02:40:00
    I have a comment
    Evil 1
  • wtxwoman 2012/05/02 02:37:20
    I have a comment
    wtxwoman
    +1
    I don't understand what you people are having such a hard time with. He is the sitting president and gave the final order to take bin Laden down, or so we are told. Everyone and their cats knows that Obama didn't actually go there and do the deed. Every president since the beginning of time has done the same thing.
  • TruBluT... wtxwoman 2012/05/02 22:49:18
    TruBluTopaz
    We are having a problem because this failed president pats himself on the back for everything. Frankly, it's given me new sensitivity to Michelle's plight. She must have to salute him every morning no matter how lackluster his performance.
  • wtxwoman TruBluT... 2012/05/03 00:33:53
    wtxwoman
    +1
    EVERY sitting president does the same thing.
  • jumpboots 187th PIR 2012/05/02 02:33:31
    I have a comment
    jumpboots 187th PIR
    +2
    He is trying and hoping that the American people will believe that it was his plan,and vote for him. He doesn't have a record to run on,so the DNC,MSM,and the freaks of Hollywood have told him to play the killing of bin Laden's up big time... And as you see that is what he is doing. FYI
  • Jackie 2012/05/02 02:31:57
    I have a comment
    Jackie
    +5
    barry didn't killobl Navy Seals did. barry is busy killing America
  • banzaibuckaroo 2012/05/02 02:21:28
    I have a comment
    banzaibuckaroo
    Saying Obama getting credit for killing Osama; is exactly like saying Reagan ended communism. It was all the timing.
  • wtxwoman banzaib... 2012/05/02 02:38:03
    wtxwoman
    +1
    Exactly! Good point!
  • USAF Vet banzaib... 2012/05/02 08:24:53
    USAF Vet
    +2
    Reagan did not end communism, communism is alive and well all over the world; Reagan essentially ended the Cold War. Pearl Harbor was timing as well.
    I have a comment
    +2
    On top of that it is now known that we got the information that led to OBL being killed was received via 'waterboarding" which means the hypo Oboma was happy to use what he termed illegally obtained intel to support a critical mission of which the hardest thing he did was yes "YES" Wow!
  • Daniel 2012/05/02 01:58:15
    I will pass this on
    Daniel
    +1
    That's what bothers me the most. He loved his friend. Now that the CIA has done their job against Obama's wishes he's going to use his friend's death to his advantage.
  • wtxwoman Daniel 2012/05/02 02:39:10
    wtxwoman
    You are talking about the wrong president. It is the Bushes that was friends with bin Laden and his family, not Obama.
  • Daniel wtxwoman 2012/05/02 02:49:33
    Daniel
    I see by your comment and the absurd statement you made to me, you didn't read the post. Obama tried to stop the search. He was left with no choice but to get out of America's way. Please don't compare this thing to presidents. He's a man who got to the office because he was black. Obviously based on this man's failures, any black man running would've one.
  • Builder wtxwoman 2012/05/02 11:40:06
    Builder
    It doesn't matter Daniel and people like him peddle lies. At one time Karl Roves paid people to spread them maybe Daniel hasn't heard Roves ran out of money. Maybe the Koch brothers will pay him!
  • wtxwoman Builder 2012/05/02 16:42:38
    wtxwoman
    +1
    I have a problem believing that grown people don't understand that both parties do what they can to be on top. The Koch brothers have their fingers in a lot of pies!
  • Patriot Unit 2012/05/02 01:52:34
    I have a comment
    Patriot Unit
    +5
    He has every right to make claim of helping to get UBL. But he only gave the Go Order. He sent the Seal Team in as Commander in Chief. Which is the job of the President, whomever it is. But his mind blowing EGO, and his IDEOLOGY does not allow him to include anybody other than him in the picture.
  • TruBluT... Patriot... 2012/05/02 01:57:09 (edited)
    TruBluTopaz
    +2
    Whatever happened to the story that the mission was ordered by Panetta and Clinton and only when they passed failsafe, did they tell the president? That sort of points to their doubts that Obama would keep the mission going.
  • Builder TruBluT... 2012/05/02 11:44:48
    Builder
    Wherer did you get this crap from? Fox news?

2014/12/20 09:47:40