PICTURE WORTH A THOUSAND WORDS

SunShine 2012/08/10 13:31:11
Taken at FT. HOOD MEMORIAL SERVICE... another crotch salute by
obama..

Ft Hood Memorial Service

• Phyl *In God i Trust* 2012/08/17 06:24:02
    Phyl *In God i Trust*
    +1
    He doesnt do .....just stand there like dum as...
  • hazel 2012/08/17 06:17:18
    hazel
    +2
    Makes my blood boil...stupid moron fool Obama
  • Red Branch 2012/08/16 16:08:17
    Red Branch
    +2
    But it makes him feel so good when his hands in that position.
  • SunShine Red Branch 2012/08/17 05:53:40
  • doofiegirl BTO-t- BCRA-F ~... 2012/08/13 13:14:22
    doofiegirl  BTO-t- BCRA-F ~PWCM~
    +4
    If it's not about Odimwit, it doesn't count If it s not about obama
  • Omnix 2012/08/13 05:11:52
    Omnix
    +2
    Urban Legends debunked this one...

This image is from the 2009 Memorial Day Ceremony, and President Obama wasn't saluting at that minute because they were playing "Hail to the chief". Since he IS the chief, it would be wrong for the President to salute himself. He did put his hand over his heart while reciting the Pledge of Allegiance and the playing of the National Anthem.

Here's the video: http://www.c-spanarchives.org... (You'll see the President place his hand over his heart within the first minute, and several more times after that).

But, why do people believe that anyone has to place his hand over their heart during the playing of the national anthem? Yes, I know the practice is codified in the US Flag Code (USC 4), but it is NOT a crime to not "salute" during the playing of the National Anthem.

To me, placing my hand over my heart is an indication of a promise or pledge, which I do when reciting the Pledge of Allegiance. During the Nation Anthem, though, I don't see the need - I'm not pledging or promising anything. Now, I'm a veteran, so I hope you'll believe that I'm loyal to my country; but that doesn't mean that I have to follow (or even agree) with every practice people came up with.

Keep in mind that between 1923 and 1942, the Bellamy salute was the n...
    Urban Legends debunked this one...

Keep in mind that between 1923 and 1942, the Bellamy salute was the national standard. This salute is performed by holding your outstretched arm with your palm down (although they briefly changed it to palm up) - similar to the Nazi and Italian Fascist salute. If that was still the salute, would you salute the flag during the pledge and the playing of the national anthem?
  • SunShine Omnix 2012/08/13 06:30:36
  • Omnix SunShine 2012/08/22 06:53:18
    Omnix
    Yes, I've read the Flag Code (USC 4, 18, & 36), although I didn't mention all of them. The point is, it is NOT A CRIME if one chooses not to follow these codes. The Flag Code is simply a collection of guidelines, which is why the statutes says "should" not "must". It's statutory law, but it's not legal binding. If you read USC 36, you'll note that it states no federal agency has the authority to issue 'official' rulings legally binding on civilians or civilian groups. Therefore, since Barack was legally a civilian in the picture you posted, the Flag Code is not "binding". Remember, the Flag Code is NOT based on Constitutional law, but NOT saluting IS protected as "free speech".

Also, the Flag Code empowers the President of the United States to alter, modify, repeal or prescribe additional rules regarding the Flag. And, since he was the President at the time the picture at the head of this page was taken, he was not only a civilian, he also had the power to change the Code.

Finally, the Flag Code states 'No disrespect should be shown to the Flag of the United States of America.' In my opinion, in all of these pictures, Barack is standing up, with his hands clasped in front (not unlike many people do in prayer), so that's adequate respect. You might not like him personally...

Finally, the Flag Code states 'No disrespect should be shown to the Flag of the United States of America.' In my opinion, in all of these pictures, Barack is standing up, with his hands clasped in front (not unlike many people do in prayer), so that's adequate respect. You might not like him personally or some/all of the things he does; but he's not disrespecting the flag. State laws supersede the US Flag Code, so it is possible he was violating some state law - but I highly doubt it, and I don't REALLY care.
  • SunShine Omnix 2014/05/06 00:44:11
    SunShine
    besides.. what you said above it b.s. .. at the time that picture was taken, in early 08, while running for the democratic party candidacy, he WAS NOT chief of anything.. AND no it is not respect..
  • CAVLULH . Omnix 2014/05/05 22:47:07
    CAVLULH .
    +2
    Where is the Link to the following: Here's the video: http://www.c-spanarchives.org... (You'll see the President place his hand over his heart within the first minute, and several more times after that). This is a page with all kinds of photos and info, wheres the direct link...
  • BUCCANEER~POTL~PWCM~JLA 2012/08/12 23:01:00
  • doofieg... BUCCANE... 2012/08/13 13:19:52
    doofiegirl  BTO-t- BCRA-F ~PWCM~
    +4
    Except trouble, that is
  • Jan 2012/08/12 16:17:10
    Jan
    +5
    He's dispicable
  • kaZappoo 2012/08/11 02:38:14
    kaZappoo
    +5
    nothing new here .. he did the same salutes before he was elected !
    +5
    Pictures like these make the martial-law scenario that much less credible. How does he expect to call upon them when he disrespects them like this?
  • Diane Spraggs Yates 2012/08/10 17:42:21 (edited)
    Diane Spraggs Yates
    +4
    Words that back that picture CO speech 8/09/2012 --- Repeat Obama’s “success” with the auto industry with the rest of U.S. industries. Well. An Obama recipe for industrial “success”:

1. Bankrupt the industry with union labor, government regulation, and bad management.

2. Steal the bondholders’ ownership and make the government the owner of the industry, perhaps giving away part of it to a foreign competitor, you know, like giving Chrysler to Fiat.

3. Shovel 100 billion dollars at the industry to save 60,000 domestic union jobs, but send the rest of the jobs and manufacturing overseas.

4. Make products (like the Volt) that no one is willing to buy, even when subsidized to the tune of $100,000.00 of taxpayer payoffs per unit.

5. Have the stock in the new company drop 42% during the next two years.

and repeat for each U.S. industry. Yeah, Obama, that should work REAL well,commusism has arrived !!!!!!
  • SunShine Diane S... 2012/08/11 04:24:59
    SunShine
    +3
    well said Diane
  • ☆WillThompson☆ 2012/08/10 16:18:24
    ☆WillThompson☆
    +1
    WOW! Speaks volumes.
  • Vnvet 2012/08/10 15:22:07
    Vnvet
    +6
    First off you have someone that doesn't give a rat's ass about you or your belief's much less the brave men and women that have fought and yes died in defense of your right's in this country.Unfortunitely their are appathic ,know nothing liberails in this country that are right there with this clown.Heck I'll bet he's not even in his college yearbook along without a true birth certificate and you really think that an associate of Bill Ayers will change his distain for a country of noodle heads that got con'ed into voting for this idiot that hasn't held a real job will change?.....Good Luck
  • santa6642 2012/08/10 15:10:35
    santa6642
    +5
    Dommie in office, the obamanation.
  • john Kills 2012/08/10 14:47:40
    john Kills
    +7
    the man hates America and refuses to show respect
  • Cindy64~PATRIOT WARRIOR 2012/08/10 14:29:16
    Cindy64~PATRIOT WARRIOR
    +8
    Obama the Anti-american has NEVER been proud of America. Nor has Mooch-shell. Obama has shown NO respect for America nor to the American people!! I will NEVER have any respect for this Anti-American, Anti-Christian, Anti-freedom, LIES 24/7 ,EVIL, MARXIST, MUSLIM , MUSLIM LOVER, ANTI-ISRAEL, TERRORIST, in the White House and who is the SHAME OF AMERICA!! He will be GONE in 2013 . America has had enough of the Joke president and we will kick his A$$ OUT!! Obama's forward CRAP is nothing but COMMIE BACKWARD CRAP!! OBAMA IS A TERRORIST OBAMA  HATES AMERICA
  • SunShine Cindy64... 2012/08/10 14:30:04
    SunShine
    +7
    thanks Cindy.. good graphics..
  • Cindy64... SunShine 2012/08/10 14:40:06
    Cindy64~PATRIOT WARRIOR
    +7
    Thank you dear just showing the TRUE Obama ...good post dear !! Go on to mine i did.... you will like it http://www.sodahead.com/unite...
  • Simmering Frog - PHART 2012/08/10 14:14:34
    Simmering Frog - PHART
    +9
    Why is this guy president?
  • SunShine Simmeri... 2012/08/10 14:25:36
    SunShine
    +9
    question of the century
  • Cindy64... SunShine 2012/08/10 14:32:01
    Cindy64~PATRIOT WARRIOR
    +7
    It sure is ...such TRUE words!!!
  • Cindy64... Simmeri... 2012/08/10 14:31:35 (edited)
    Cindy64~PATRIOT WARRIOR
    +9
    REALLY .....and why he still is in the White House!!! NOT for long though..... obama gone in 2013 obama gone in 2013 obama gone in 2013
  • SunShine Cindy64... 2012/08/11 04:26:57
  • Cindy64... SunShine 2012/08/11 16:01:16
  • SunShine Cindy64... 2012/08/12 02:34:32
  • Cindy64... SunShine 2012/08/12 03:43:18
    Cindy64~PATRIOT WARRIOR
    +3
    lol lol LOVE it Good one SunShine !!!! thumbs up
  • SunShine Cindy64... 2012/08/12 05:10:29
    SunShine
    +2
    I should have added.. and let us know where home is..
  • Cindy64... SunShine 2012/08/12 15:47:51
    Cindy64~PATRIOT WARRIOR
    +3
    lol lol ...hmmmmm i do think KENYA !!! LOL LOL OBAMA KENYA
  • john Kills Simmeri... 2012/08/10 14:50:27
    john Kills
    +1
    because idiots are allowed to vote and because " the people " are to cowardly to pick up their guns and demand he be removed
  • kaZappoo Simmeri... 2012/08/11 02:39:35
    kaZappoo
    +1
    ask the sheeples .....?
  • marylou5 Simmeri... 2012/08/15 03:26:12
    marylou5
    +1
    I'm going to go out of character, for me, and say..Some dumba$$es voted for skin color instead of intelligence? It's not racist if it is true...and it is!
  • Simmeri... marylou5 2012/08/15 04:56:30
  • marylou5 Simmeri... 2012/08/15 05:21:36
    marylou5
    :-)
  • Outta' Here. 2012/08/10 14:01:31
    Outta' Here.
    +3
    That, to me, is reason enough in and of itself to throw him (physically) out of office.

2014/11/28 12:22:53