Petraeus Affair; Real Life Soap Opera or Smoke Screen Hiding Something Much More Sinister?

jr 2012/11/13 13:10:12
Smoke Screen
Affair
Other
Like something straight out of a James Bond novel complete with intrigue, extortion, covert affairs, we are witnessing our CIA degrade into a national joke. Once a serious operation protecting the lives of American citizens, we now see being used as a smoke screen to hide corruption at the highest levels of our federal government. As the truth bubbles up through the coverup of the Benghazi massacre, we are seeing desperation in our government officials as they use any means they can find to distract and hide their nefarious activities.

Excerpts, Please Read more @ teamnetworks.net
But Broadwell’s father said Sunday his daughter is the victim of
character assassination and implied the bombshell story is just a smoke
screen for something bigger.

“There is a lot more that is going to come out,” said Krantz, claiming
he was not allowed to elaborate. “You wait and see. There’s a lot more
here than meets the eye.”

Read More: http://teamnetworks.net/~teamnetw/index.php?do=/bl...

• Cindy64~AFCL 2012/11/13 16:10:12
    Smoke Screen
    Cindy64~AFCL
    +19
    I believe 100% all of this Petraeus Affair Crap is just more to COVER UP about BENHAZI !!! Obama-slime does NOT WANT THE TRUTH TO BE KNOWN ABOUT BENGHAZI!! I am sure Petraeus is very much under a death threat from Obama and his EVIL GANG ! Because what dose he know, when did he know, and and this is why he ( Petraeus) is doing nothing !! Obama and his evil gang want to cover up their EVIL DEEDS along many that they have done!! The thing of it is we may never know!!!! ???? Petraeus is just another person.... being thrown under the bus!!  something stinks obama   something stinks obama   something stinks obama

• Marberico 2012/11/18 02:25:23 (edited)
    Other
    Marberico
    +1
    Benghazi “massacre” reminded me of the Bay of Pigs Invasion, known in Latin America as La Batalla de Girón, the Battle of Girón. I don’t know why it did. Yes, I don't know why Benghazi reminded me of the Bay of Pigs.

General Patraeus is not necessarily the sacrificial lamb used as smoke screen; he might be a collateral casualty in the cover up for a covert operation gone awry. I believe there is a reason that prevent sending reinforcement or launching an extraction operation.

If General Patraeus is indeed a smoke screen, what the smoke screen is supposed to hide does not necessarily sinister. It might be sinister or it might not be.
  • mary E Marberico 2012/12/04 08:12:11
    mary E
    +1
    As long as Americans believe anything is being hidden, we will assume it is sinister.
  • Marberico mary E 2012/12/05 06:47:00
    Marberico
    +1
    Quite reasonable.
  • Mytstar ~PWCM~JLA 2012/11/16 12:38:15
    Smoke Screen
    Mytstar ~PWCM~JLA
    +1
    Definitely hiding something more sinister.... there is a hidden agenda in there ...Just wait for it...and then we will all say... OH Now I see
  • Arel 2012/11/15 14:56:47
    Smoke Screen
    Arel
    +1
    You will start seeing more military being caught up in scandals before it is all said and done. Petraeus trusted the wrong peeps.......he got caught in the middle of a big cover up and will be another Oliver North but he will not be alone in this one.
  • doc moto 2012/11/15 07:30:55
    Smoke Screen
    doc moto
    HERE IS YOUR SMOKE SCREEN! AND YES, YOU HAD BEEN SOLD OUT!

DOES IT MATTER WHICH CAME FIRST, THE ROOSTER OR THE EGG? THE CHICKENS ARE WITH OBAMA'S EX-PASTOR, THE ONE THAT DAMMED AMERICA!

BHO DID NOT WIN THE ELECTION, HE STOLE IT, ITS NOT THE VOTERS, ITS THE ONES THAT COUNTED THE VOTES, YOU KNOW THE VOTES, BHO VOTES!!!
  • Bryn 2012/11/15 05:19:11 (edited)
    Other
    Bryn
    +1
    I have to say, I think it's a bit of both.

I think there really was an ongoing affair AND that it is being used as a smoke screen from something far more nefarious.

This could very well be a scenario like this article depicts:

http://www.eutimes.net/2012/1...

Or it could be a simple affair, that once was found out by hussein, he used the affair as a smoke screen to try to divert people's attention away from the Benghazi Tragedy. I think heads should begin to roll, but I'm not holding my breath waiting for it to happen. hussein seems to wiggle his way out of everything with a lie and uses others to lie for him too.

For the first time in my adult life, I am ashamed, disgusted, appalled, and feel a great dislike for a potus.

I continue to pray, because that is about all I can do, that God is watching over all of us, even those who put this devious, evil, and lying bastard in office. I pray that God will be a constant in this country. I don't fear what b. hussein obama can do to us, I fear what God can do to him and his ilk. They need prayers too.

http://images.sodahead.com/pr...

http://www.eutimes.net/2012/1...

http://images.sodahead.com/pr...
  • Jackie 2012/11/14 21:04:46
    Smoke Screen
    Jackie
    +1
    "According to syndicated columnist Charles Krauthammer, Petraeus told the House Intelligence Committee on September 14, three days after the attack, that it was "a spontaneous protest against the film ' Innocence of Muslims.'''

Appearing on FOX News' "Special Report," Krauthammer said the Obama administration was holding the affair over Petraeus' head for that testimony: "As long as they needed him ... everybody was silent. And as soon as the election's over, as soon as he can be dispensed with, the sword drops and he's destroyed."

But it now appears that Petraeus isn't going quietly into the night. With his legacy in shambles, and little to lose, FOX News is reporting that the former CIA director wants to testify at tomorrow's intelligence committee hearings."

Hopefully Petraeus will tell all now that they have abandoned him and killed his career as surely as they abandoned the 4 Americans in Benghazi and insured their death.
  • Flowers 2012/11/14 13:51:08
    Smoke Screen
    +3
    In the election of November 6th, the Democrats were the ones highlighting social issues because they had nothing to say regarding the economy that made sense. That along with fraud won them the election! Why not use the same diversion here as it proved successful then. Besides, they have Eric Holder to smooth things over and cover their backsides!
  • redhorse29 2012/11/14 07:16:29
    Affair
    redhorse29
    +2
    I want to believe this is a big cover-up. But it is realistically an affair. The timing and facts being slowly dripped out to the public make our highest military and political leaders look like idiots.
  • bye redhorse29 2012/11/14 17:20:10
    bye
    +2
    Still it does not add up. Why would the General lie about the video? To congress I mean he could do a closed door session..claim national security eyes only stuff not say..oh video did it no worries..
  • mightymouse49 2012/11/14 06:59:22
    Smoke Screen
    mightymouse49
    +4
    obama has already defunded the military and now he is dismanteling the military. Remember his first term when he said he would have his own civilian military "just as powerful and just as well funded" ?
  • Marberico mightym... 2012/11/17 22:21:16
    Marberico
    +1
    I wish we had a president like that in our country, to rein in the military, especially the army.

Our president, a retired army general, is doing reforms that surprised many people around the world. I think he needs to do more or he needs to be able to do more to rein in the army.
  • mightym... Marberico 2012/11/18 01:58:24
    mightymouse49
    +1
    America's military has always been loyal to the U.S. constitution and the American citizens. When obama substitutes our military for one of his own, loyal to only him, then America will be just another banana republic ruled by a marxist, socialist dictator. Is the Myanmar army your president's personal army? If so, then you already have a president like ours...or you will have by the time obama's 4 years are up.
  • Marberico mightym... 2012/11/18 13:48:19
    Marberico
    +1
    Thanks, for your reply. I guess i ought not say more about the army right now. Maybe after 2015-16.
  • mightym... Marberico 2012/11/19 00:18:14
  • mightym... Marberico 2012/11/19 00:21:55
  • Marberico mightym... 2012/11/21 15:56:50
    Marberico
    +1
    Peace, or should I say 'Sahlom!'?
  • Stan Kapusta 2012/11/14 05:06:49
    Smoke Screen
    Stan Kapusta
    +3
    First the media covered up Benghazi with Sandra news now it covering an affair that belongs as a side story.
  • Catnip 2012/11/14 04:17:28
    Smoke Screen
    Catnip
    +4
    Petraeus screwed around. So what! So did Clinton. So did JFK....While they were still in office mind you. It's just a distraction to take our minds off Banghazi!
  • bye 2012/11/14 03:48:55
    Smoke Screen
    bye
    +5
    Ok is it just me? Or isn't this supposed to be confidential? I mean the FBI and the CIA and everyone seems to be leaking like the Titantic!!!! I mean should this not be confidential. Should not Petraus should be allowed to just resign for personal reasons and walk away with his image intact??? I mean if it looks like a skunk, smells like a skunk, then..I see skunk!
    dead skunk
  • Nomie bye 2012/11/14 05:28:06
    Nomie
    +2
    You are right, which is another concern for this being a conspiricy (sp).
  • texasred 2012/11/14 03:45:45
    Smoke Screen
    texasred
    +6
    And our wonderful Secretary of State runs and hides again, just like she did with Benghazi.
  • Cindy64... texasred 2012/11/14 04:56:51
    Cindy64~AFCL
    +5
    Yep and she sure did RUN away indeed!!!
  • BUCCANE... texasred 2012/11/14 08:16:08
  • texasred BUCCANE... 2012/11/14 17:33:30
    texasred
    +3
    Yep... and the fools here will vote for her.
  • BUCCANE... texasred 2012/11/14 20:01:57
    BUCCANEER~POTL~PWCM~JLA
    +4
    Idiots!
  • texasred BUCCANE... 2012/11/14 22:22:19
    texasred
    +3
    I know. But they've already proved that in this last election.
  • rk 2012/11/14 02:34:05
    Smoke Screen
    rk
    +6
    OBAMA IS GOING TO BE IMPEACHED
  • Cindy64... rk 2012/11/14 04:57:20
    Cindy64~AFCL
    +5
    PRAYING FOR THAT !!
  • Nomie Cindy64... 2012/11/14 05:00:10
    Nomie
    +4
    Best comment. You are thinking the best...by focusing on God it this. I feel for each of their families, esp. the two men.
  • Cindy64... Nomie 2012/11/14 05:06:41
    Cindy64~AFCL
    +4
    Thank you well God is in control and he will take care of the evil ones. Yes i feel sorry for the ones being pushed under the bus!!
  • Nomie rk 2012/11/14 05:30:06
    Nomie
    +3
    Don't tease us like that. I waited in vain for four years to hear that. Impeach Obama
  • mightym... rk 2012/11/14 07:01:48
    mightymouse49
    +1
    Nice thought.
  • mightym... rk 2012/11/18 02:00:05
    mightymouse49
    When? Before or after he initiates his civil war?
  • richie 2012/11/14 02:08:38
    Smoke Screen
    richie
    +7
    A smoke screen covering Obama's ass!!
  • Cindy64... richie 2012/11/14 04:57:47
  • Aurora 2012/11/14 02:02:57
    Smoke Screen
    Aurora
    +5
    It's a slight of hand it was Obama's Benghazi, now it is Petreaus Affair, brought to you by the Obama takers.
  • Nomie 2012/11/14 01:30:12
    Smoke Screen
    Nomie
    +4
    Hey, I get to leave a comment: The page flipped away from me and then it said commenter did not l leave comment, or what ever.
    The timing is just way too 'convienent.' I wonder how much Bamma gave her. Character isn't on her side what with the e-mails. I feel for Patreas (course his name is not right here on this page, and I can't remember the spelling long enough) his family. He fell...I hope they will forgive him, and I hope the country will also.

2014/04/21 07:17:11