PETA President To Obama: Turkeys Suffered Just Like Blacks And Gays: Do you find this comment offensive?

CAPISCE 2012/11/21 02:39:54
no
The People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) sent a letter to the White House on Tuesday demanding President Obama skip the annual Thanksgiving turkey pardon.

While Obama will be preventing a turkey from being carved up, PETA called the ceremony outdated and accused the president of being in partnership with the “turkey-killing industry.”

In a letter, the animal rights group argues the annual White House ceremony “makes light of the mass slaughter of some 46 million gentle, intelligent birds.” It also says the annual event “portrays the United States president as being in some sort of business partnership with the turkey-killing industry.”

“You understand so well that African-Americans, women, and members of the LGBT community have been poorly served throughout history, and now I am asking you to consider other living beings who are ridiculed, belittled, and treated as if their sentience, feelings, and very natures count for nothing,” wrote PETA President Ingrid Newkirk in the letter

+11
    WOW .. just WOW ..
    a new low .. from such an UNETHICAL group of assorted nuts too ..

Someone .. go feed them a good slice of Turkey ..
    obviously .. there's an imbalance of nutrition that has affected their thinking ..

turkey dinner

• Vitalani 2012/11/29 03:28:37 (edited)
    no
    Vitalani
    Absolutely not. What's offensive is that it's true. Our ability to suffer compared to other animals is the same. Victims of factory farming have suffered just the same as blacks, Jews, homosexuals etc..
  • BILL 2012/11/28 20:27:10
    BILL
    I can't think of any Black or Gay people having their heads chopped off and Bread Stuffed up their Butt's
  • Sailor Jerry [Proud Liberta... 2012/11/27 03:04:24 (edited)
    no
    Sailor Jerry [Proud Libertarian]
    i'm sure nobody was even listening.
  • Jim 2012/11/26 13:14:50
    Jim
    Not only is PETA a terrorist organization, but now they are racist also.
  • JJ 2012/11/25 23:53:38
    JJ
    PETA has gone so overboard they have almost drowned in their own stupidity. I love animals of ALL kind, but there are certain animals God has told us to eat..and one of them is turkey. Why? For our health. It would behoove them to read the food laws in Leviticus.
    +1
    PETA, I've heard of them, they're kind of a little nutty group. I'm for animal rights but I don't get carried away with it like they do. I bet you some of the people in that organization have more compassion for animals than they do humans.
  • jere.chievres 2012/11/22 01:31:11
    no
    jere.chievres
    +2
    It's too stupid to be offensive!
  • Louis Shipman 2012/11/22 00:55:31
    no
    Louis Shipman
    +1
    I find it hard to be offended by idiots.
  • CAPISCE 2012/11/22 00:07:52
    CAPISCE
    +2
    Domestic Turkey brains are 1/3 the size of Wild Turkeys. They are dumb as dirt so tear me off a Drumbstick
  • Herbtheman 2012/11/22 00:04:05
    no
    Herbtheman
    how foolish
  • A. J. Kenner 2012/11/21 23:01:08
    A. J. Kenner
    +3
    PETA: People Eating Tasty Animals....I do that A LOT!!!!!
    PETA: People Embarassing the Tidewater Area....they say down in Norfolk, VA where PETA has its HQ.
    PETA: People Excreting Total Assininity....through the mouth, not the A**!!!!! ;D
  • moby 2012/11/21 21:45:27
    moby
    +2
    This is your brain on drugs, any questions? Pass the turkey please!
  • A. J. K... moby 2012/11/21 23:01:39
    A. J. Kenner
    YEAH MAN!!!!! ;D
  • wcake 2012/11/21 20:29:09
    wcake
    +2
    PETA thinks by using the comment would change anything... Nope with the kind of comment..idiots of PETA.
  • A. J. K... wcake 2012/11/21 23:01:56
    A. J. Kenner
    +1
    PETA "thinks?"
  • wcake A. J. K... 2012/11/22 00:33:53
    wcake
    Smile. I meant whatever they use the comments, they hope the comment would change somebody they target at would change its mind to agree with PETA's agenda.. I am an animal lover like many of them are, but I don't agree with their excessive harrassment methods.
  • J.L.Worley 2012/11/21 19:39:08
    no
    J.L.Worley
    +3
    Does the PETA president even know what he's talking about?
  • A. J. K... J.L.Worley 2012/11/21 23:02:26
    A. J. Kenner
    +2
    PETA's President is a She and no She dosn't.
  • J.L.Worley A. J. K... 2012/11/24 23:04:38
    J.L.Worley
    Oh did not know that.
  • Murph 2012/11/21 18:56:38
    no
    Murph
    +3
    No, it's PETA. Nobody takes those smoothbrains seriously.
  • A. J. K... Murph 2012/11/21 23:02:44
    A. J. Kenner
    +2
    They have brains?
  • saturdayschild 2012/11/21 18:55:25
    saturdayschild
    +2
    Turkeys have suffered more than blacks and gays.
  • A. J. K... saturda... 2012/11/21 23:04:14
    A. J. Kenner
    Yeah. Wild turkeys were not hunted by the Indians because they belived that the birds were possessed by Evil Demons and if the birds were killed and eaten, the Demons would possess those who ate.
    That Myth died out when the Whites arrived and hunted and feasted with no problem.
  • saturda... A. J. K... 2012/11/22 05:36:00
    saturdayschild
    your point?
  • Aksana 2012/11/21 18:46:11
    Aksana
    somehow yes!!!
  • Bassinman 2012/11/21 18:21:08
    Bassinman
    In her letter about the birds feelings, I am wondering as to which 'feelings' she is referring. Does she mean feelings as in 'pain', or feelings as in being hurt by all the 'turkey' comments made as jokes? She's probably dumb enough to think that a turkey has both types of 'feelings' since she believes that the turkey is treated similarly as a person (oppressed blacks, oppressed women, etc.). Maybe we should give the turkeys the right to vote so that they won't have to go through 'Turkey Suffrage' like women did and keep their feelings from being hurt, you suppose?

This PETA group is getting farther out into space every day. Maybe THEIR ancestors were the aliens who first colonized the earth and BUILT THE PYRAMIDS? Oh, no, someone would tell them, "You didn't build that!" Or better yet, they would say that to the Egyptians and King Ra.

Of course, we could all just eat Celery and Peanut Butter as our main course, and have pudding for dessert on Thanksgiving and Christmas so that the Pumpkins don't 'SUFFER'. Wouldn't want Charlie Brown to go to the Pumpkin Patch and find the 'Great Pumpkin' crying because of hurt feelings. Sorry, didn't mean to upset anyone, I meant to say, "The Holidays", not Thanksgiving and Christmas, because people don't want to hear Thanksgiving and Chris...

Of course, we could all just eat Celery and Peanut Butter as our main course, and have pudding for dessert on Thanksgiving and Christmas so that the Pumpkins don't 'SUFFER'. Wouldn't want Charlie Brown to go to the Pumpkin Patch and find the 'Great Pumpkin' crying because of hurt feelings. Sorry, didn't mean to upset anyone, I meant to say, "The Holidays", not Thanksgiving and Christmas, because people don't want to hear Thanksgiving and Christmas anymore, so I won't say Thanksgiving or Christmas after this one time - have a great Thanksgiving and a wonderful Christmas.

We should all be more PC these days so the 'Minority' can have it's way and America can become more of a 3rd world country. Oh yea, I forgot to say Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, may GOD bless us every one.
  • LeroyRogers 2012/11/21 17:26:58
    no
    LeroyRogers
    +2
    PETA - People Eating Tasty Animals
  • A. J. K... LeroyRo... 2012/11/21 23:04:36
    A. J. Kenner
    100%!!!!! ;D
  • Sinister Ken Doll™ 2012/11/21 17:13:36
    Sinister Ken Doll™
    +2
    please don't trivialize the suffering of people to the plight of a bunch of stupid birds.
  • CAPISCE Siniste... 2012/11/21 21:49:35
    CAPISCE
    lol
    +1
    OMG - HAD NO IDEA TURKEYS WERE DENIED THE VOTE, HELL I DIDN'T KNOW THEY COULD READ.
  • MsDianna 2012/11/21 17:09:03
    MsDianna
    +1
    yes a turkey isn't a person
  • MsTlynne 2012/11/21 16:46:05
    MsTlynne
    +1
    I FOR just about anything PETA is against. I can't stand those people with too much time on their hands. Animals ARE NOT PEOPLE.
  • BigEyedFish 2012/11/21 16:45:40
    BigEyedFish
    Yes but PETA is just using Obama's tactics against him!!
  • Peewee ~PWCM~ 2012/11/21 16:16:49
    Peewee ~PWCM~
    +1
    What a joke.
  • knothead Peewee ... 2012/11/22 15:12:18
    knothead
    +1
    You mean Obama?? But of course
  • Peewee ... knothead 2012/11/22 16:16:34
    Peewee ~PWCM~
    +1
    Both. PETA and Obama.
  • Bud 2012/11/21 16:13:38
    no
    Bud
    +1
    PETA members are just a little less intelligent than turkeys. Remember, turkeys have been known to drown themselves by looking up in a rainstorm. You cannot find these PETA comments offensive because it takes a brain to formulate offensive comments.

Bud
  • EvilMonkey 2012/11/21 14:41:34
    EvilMonkey
    +5
    I find PETA offensive. We should humanely euthanize all PETA members. Then we, along with gays and blacks can eat our turkeys in peace.
  • charles nelson 2012/11/21 14:39:45
    charles nelson
    silly, but harmless, very non violent.....I don't like stepping on ants either. Does that sound off the wall?

2014/11/24 16:19:14