Pelosi : We don't have a spending problem. It's a deficit problem

doofiegirl BTO-t- BCRA-F ~PWCM~ 2013/02/11 01:25:58

House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) on Sunday called sequestration “a bad idea all around” and urged a balance of spending cuts and closed tax loopholes to avoid it.

Pelosi rebuffed GOP calls for the sequester replacement to focus exclusively on targeting more spending cuts and entitlement reforms.

“It is almost a false argument to say we have a spending problem. We have a budget deficit problem that we have to address,” she told Fox News’s Chris Wallace on Sunday.

Pelosi added that the deficit and debt are at “immoral levels” and “must be reduced.”

Read More: http://patriotupdate.om/2013/pelosi-almost-a-false...

• HOMBRE 2013/02/12 16:10:03
    HOMBRE
    +4
    Psychiatrist: Leftists are mentally ill

'Strikingly irrational beliefs and emotions' cited by clinical psychotherapist
    With Nancy Pelosi repeatedly telling audiences about hearing voices of deceased women, and Barack Obama regarded by many as dangerously narcissistic, here comes a veteran psychiatrist making the case that the mental-emotional world of leftists is actually tantamount to a mental disorder.

For more than 40 years, Rossiter has diagnosed and treated over 1,500 patients as a board-certified clinical psychiatrist and examined more than 2,700 civil and criminal cases, both state and federal, as a forensic psychiatrist retained by numerous public offices, courts and private attorneys. He received his medical and psychiatric training at the University of Chicago.
  • truthzx95 2013/02/11 19:45:55
    truthzx95
    +5
    And to think, this loon is the head of the democrats in the House of Representatives. Beliving in this idiot shows the complete lack of information the leftist idiots who vote democrat, really possess.
  • gogleer 2013/02/11 18:54:16
    gogleer
    +6
    What we have here is a Nancy Pelosi and likeminded idiot’s problem.
  • gimini210 2013/02/11 18:19:35
    gimini210
    +4
    As with most of the federal government, as long as there is one person out there working their butts off to become rich the feds will feel they haven't taxed them enough. Their idea of spending cuts is that those of us not in a federal job should not have enough to spend on what we think we need while congress members continue to become richer by the day. The regular citizens should not have crap in their bank or they are just too rich. Poverty is for all with the feds being exempt. Thus the need to destroy the rich and spend, spend, spend while blaming it on the criminally rich. After all, good investments and hard work should not pay off unless you are in the federal government and can do insider trading and steal from those of us who work hard to get ahead. All you need to do is look at the masses of wealth the federal government employees in congress and the White House have gained compared to the filthy rich, ignorant people investing their own money and working for their wealth to see the truth.
  • John Walker II 2013/02/11 18:15:03
    John Walker II
    +3
    There never was a loophole a congressman didn't like. Yet when she's raising attention to it she's vilified... nice.

All because she's a democrat, she's incapable of having any common sense?
  • doofieg... John Wa... 2013/02/11 18:23:01
    doofiegirl  BTO-t- BCRA-F ~PWCM~
    +3
    Name me One Dumocrat who has any commonsense, and thinks like Pelousi! You CANNOT spend you way out of debt! You just get deeper into debt!That remains true even if you are a Republican, an Independant, a Libertarian or have No political affiliation! It can Not be done! Of course, you Could declare bankruptcy, and start all over. But you Still pile up debt!
  • John Wa... doofieg... 2013/02/11 18:25:08
    John Walker II
    +1
    "Name me One Dumocrat who ..."

That right there tells me that no answer I give will be satisfactory to you.

Welcome to the religious right doofieg, where fanaticism reigns supreme over common sense.
  • doofieg... John Wa... 2013/02/11 19:20:34
    doofiegirl  BTO-t- BCRA-F ~PWCM~
    +2
    I said who doesn't think like Pelousi. There are a few------very few. And you must admit, Pelousi Is a DUMocrat!
  • John Wa... doofieg... 2013/02/11 19:23:44
    John Walker II
    As I've said, no answer I give will be satisfactory to you.
  • doofieg... John Wa... 2013/02/11 19:34:04
    doofiegirl  BTO-t- BCRA-F ~PWCM~
    +1
    Since you can't , or won't, give me one, I guess we'll never know.
  • tommyg ... John Wa... 2013/02/11 18:24:26
    tommyg - POTL- PWCM-JLA
    +3
    Isn't that what happened to Romney when he raised the issue of closing loopholes? Obama lambasted him.

Lets be consistent.
  • John Wa... tommyg ... 2013/02/11 18:26:25 (edited)
    John Walker II
    References please.

My laptop is offline right now so I can't go looking for that info, since it's packed up in the back of my car and not online.
  • tommyg ... John Wa... 2013/02/11 18:29:05
    tommyg - POTL- PWCM-JLA
    +1
    Remember the debate when Romney brought up closing loopholes and Obama said "show me the math"?

The media killed Romney after that exchange.
  • John Wa... tommyg ... 2013/02/11 18:32:45
    John Walker II
    I think that was in reference to Romney's 'plan' which he never did provide the numbers to adequately support. Romney had this big, wonder plan.. but couldn't even tell his closest advisers the details of it but wanted everyone to believe he had one.

Yea, that kinda stunk a little.
  • tommyg ... John Wa... 2013/02/11 18:51:58
    tommyg - POTL- PWCM-JLA
    +2
    Isn't this the same with Pelosi? Have you seen her plan?

If it stinks for one, why not the other?
  • John Wa... tommyg ... 2013/02/11 19:25:23
    John Walker II
    +1
    I've yet to see her plan as this was the first mention of it that I've noticed, and I'm not in a position to research it right now. I'll have to do that tomorrow after work.

I've a full schedule today unfortunately.
  • tommyg ... John Wa... 2013/02/11 19:28:10
    tommyg - POTL- PWCM-JLA
    +2
    What's to research? She said the same thing Romney said.

Whether she has a plan or not, Obama said it wouldn't work and the media followed blindly.

But let me know what you find out. I'm guessing very little.
  • Hawkeye John Wa... 2013/02/11 19:38:22
    Hawkeye
    +2
    I don't see Pelosi's math either.. Turnabout is FAIR play..
  • John Wa... Hawkeye 2013/02/11 20:17:36
    John Walker II
    I have to read the transcript of that day's proceedings to know more.
  • Hawkeye John Wa... 2013/02/11 19:36:44
    Hawkeye
    +2
    " All because she's a democrat, she's incapable of having any common sense?"

No.. Of COURSE not.. NO sensible person would EVER say something as ludicrous as that.. THAT would be unreasonably unfair..

It MIGHT be said ,, however,, that because she has NO common sense,, she's a Democrat..

Now THAT is a common sense way of describing her..
  • John Wa... Hawkeye 2013/02/11 20:19:04
    John Walker II
    "I have a plan!"
    "What's the plan then?"
    "uhhh... I have a plan!"

Romney and Obama. Pretty sure you know that skit.

Don't claim you have a plan without being able to back it up. That's just common sense.
  • Hawkeye John Wa... 2013/02/11 20:44:54
    Hawkeye
    +1
    Then it SHOULD be common sense with Pelosi as well.. But NooOOOOoooo..

SHE has to PASS these bills before anybody gets a chance to find out what's IN them..
  • John Wa... Hawkeye 2013/02/11 20:47:46
    John Walker II
    Some reason I doubt that's how it played out in congress that day. But that's why I'm going to get a transcript of the session and read for myself...

Just out of curiosity, have you actually read those transcripts or are working off of third party information?
  • Hawkeye John Wa... 2013/02/11 21:02:17
    Hawkeye
    +1
    Transcripts??

I heard the WORDS directly coming from Pelosi during that interview.. Same with Romney..

WE don't how Romney's idea would have developed either,, AS was said before by someone else.. The idea was dismissed out of hand when it was Romney's..
  • John Wa... Hawkeye 2013/02/11 21:20:12
    John Walker II
    For some reason the first time the page loaded I didn't get the media embedded in the poll.

After listening to the entire clip twice, some key points...

- We've had plenty of spending cuts (she mentions education), but no growth.
    - No increase growth = no increase in revenue.
    - Republicans are focused on SPENDING CUTS only, not considering tax hikes.
    - Why subsidize big oil when spending is cut for education?
    - She's pushing for less cuts to education because the belief there is it's an investment into future revenue for the US.
    - She's pushing for the deficit to be addressed now, not later, as 15% of our budget is spent on the interest alone. She is suggesting by cutting subsidies as well, which republicans are not entertaining.
    - She's not pushing a particular plan, she's pushing for a change in priorities. That's very different then saying you got a plan and then don't back your words up with details.

I stand corrected, there never was a plan proposed, just a push to put tax hikes and a more balanced approach to fixing the deficit problem, which republicans want to solve by cutting spending without touching taxes.

15% is more then I want to pay as well. Any, and all, methods should be considered towards reducing that debt, which apparently is not of interest to house republicans. they just want spending cuts.
  • Hawkeye John Wa... 2013/02/11 21:35:16
    Hawkeye
    +1
    You JUST admitted that there were loophole cuts in Romney's plan EVEN if you didn't know the details.. NOW you're spouting off the left wing talking points coming from,, of ALL people,, Pelosi,, and claim the opposite and you see NO contradiction there..

I'm DONE with you.. YOU are obviously indoctrinated and NOT open to honest debate..
  • John Wa... Hawkeye 2013/02/11 22:26:21 (edited)
    John Walker II
    You've taken the tone of someone who is indignant that they got caught in a bit of illogical thinking here, and yet refuses to admit it.

Perhaps if you opened your eyes and looked at the facts, and let the conclusion go to where it should instead of where you WANT it to go, perhaps then you can understand more than what your conservative task masters tell you to believe and push on others.
  • Hawkeye John Wa... 2013/02/11 22:37:05
    Hawkeye
    +2
    Not at all.. it's JUST that when you degraded the discussion into the usual Left Wing BS lies and attacks about what the Republicans will and will not do I find the whole thing boring and therefore meaningless to continue..
  • John Wa... Hawkeye 2013/02/11 22:57:22
    John Walker II
    Really, I was the one that degraded the discussion into left wing rhetoric?

All I did is list out most of the points that she made and put together one conclusion. If it's left wing BS, of COURSE it is. Which party is she with?

Did I say that was MY opinion? No.

However, to go back to your first comment on what I said on common sense, the direction she was going had some actual logic behind it, even if that approach is not the one that republicans are going for. It still had that thread of logic behind it that made it at least reasonable.

If Republicans are absolutely dead set against ANY thinking that goes against their agenda, then this country is well and truly lost.

The solution will require compromise by both parties. And judging by your reaction? Not possible.

I hope those in congress actually have a more open mind then some of the GOP's more fanatical followers.
  • 4570GOVT 2013/02/11 17:07:05
  • MtDuffer 2013/02/11 16:54:52
    MtDuffer
    +3
    Dah----What makes a deficit problem it's the spending problem. Now, I can understand why California students, in my day, was set back a grade.
  • Old Salt 2013/02/11 16:30:18
  • ManBearPig 2013/02/11 15:57:01
    ManBearPig
    +3
    we already added the tax increases... weve yet to see any spending cuts that have been agreed upon by both parties

and now they say tax loopholes are necessary when during the election they called them negligible when Romney says it... such hypocrisy
  • Space Invader 2013/02/11 15:37:40
    Space Invader
    +7
    must have had a shortage of brain food at the local supermarket..is this woman an idiot or what?
  • whitewulf--the unruly mobster 2013/02/11 14:54:48
  • Seonag 2013/02/11 14:38:56
    Seonag
    +5
    She is so full of it! But let's remember that she was the one who said the bill had to be passed in order to find out what was in it --- and the Affordable Care Act has quickly become the UNAFFORDABLE Care Act!
  • Hawkeye Seonag 2013/02/11 17:04:00
    Hawkeye
    +3
    Unaffordable not ONLY to those who are a part of it but for the industry as well.. NOW the UNIONS want to opt OUT of the exemptions they PAID the Democrats for because Obamacare has made it all but IMPOSSIBLE for ANY outside entity to fund the Healthcare system..

And America thought that Obama gave something up,, in the spirit of comprimize,, when the Socialist's left didn't get their single payer.. They're gonna get it anyway..
  • Seonag Hawkeye 2013/02/12 13:16:58
    Seonag
    +1
    I seem to recall Congressman Joe Wilson yelling "you lie" during the 2010 State of the Union regarding healthcare and being forced to apologize. Well, Joe was right, Nancy was wrong to make Joe apologize AND Obama owes Joe and the American Public an apology!

Some items in the Unaffordable Care Act dealing with Medicare have kicked in already. For a treatment I need, pre-approval is now required BEFORE EACH TREATMENT, while the doctor gets a total of $33.15 which includes my co-pay of $20. It's not worth the doctor's time, for the little bit he gets so he's dropping Medicare patients. In order to receive the treatments, I have to pay out of pocket. Nice job, Obama! Oh, and both my CMS premiums and supplemental premiums went up!
  • doofieg... Seonag 2013/02/12 13:48:00
    doofiegirl  BTO-t- BCRA-F ~PWCM~
    +2
    I only get 12 PT treatments a year now! I had 12 in one week last year! And ditto on the premiums
  • Seonag doofieg... 2013/02/12 16:31:15
    Seonag
    +1
    I just came back from my appointment and my doctor said he had 2 patients yesterday that went on a cash basis for the same reason. He's working with the patients on the fees. It will cost me $30 a month, but neither of us will have the hassles of dealing with the insurance company and pre-approvals. In my case, even though I had 30 days worth of approvals, the department doing the pre-approvals still has not updated my account (after 24 days) and advised that it would be another 5 to 10 days before it was updated. In the meantime, the doctor's submissions are being returned as 'not approved.' It's costing him more to do the resubmissions than what he's getting!

2014/08/23 01:36:05