Pelosi Trashes the "Free Riders"..what does this tell you?

Space Invader 2012/06/29 01:18:24
breitbart tv nbsphollywood nbspgovernment pelosi trashes uninsured free riders

Now that the Supreme Court has concluded that Obamacare is a tax, House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi has trashed the uninsured--those whom the Affordable Care Act was supposed to benefit--as "free riders." Pelosi, speaking to Audie Cornish of National Public Radio, explained that new taxes were necessary because some (many?) of the uninsured actively choose not to buy health insurance, even though they can afford it.

Pelosi's change in attitude towards the uninsured is a complete about-face from the rhetoric that she and the Democrats used in pushing for the massive legislation in 2009-10. Then, Democrats bombarded Americans with heart-wrenching stories--many of them false, particularly those told by President Barack Obama--about the 30, 40, or 50 million people without health insurance. Those who pointed to research that over 40 percent of the uninsured were "voluntary" were dismissed as heartless corporate shills or racists.

Today, Pelosi tells us that the uninsured deserve our contempt because they impose a cost on all of us when they show up injured or ill in the hospital. They are "free riders," she said, and the new taxes in Obamacare are needed to solve the problems they create. That almost sounds like a conservative argument--but it does notexplain why the health insurance system has to be overhauled for the other 300-million-plus Americans.

The truth is that Pelosi does not care about the uninsured. Nor does she care about raising taxes, which she is happy to do. And the wealthy, insider-trading Pelosi surely does not believe her rhetoric about how House Republicans who plan to repeal Obamacare are mere tools of the insurance industry. What her remarks reveal is the true agenda of Obama and the Democrats: control of health care, of the economy, of the lives of others.

• Freeranger 2012/06/29 01:39:44
    Freeranger
    +8
    Pelosi is not only demented, she's one of those "free riders" of Congress as a career politician, living off regular Americans

• ☆stillthe12c☆ 2012/07/06 22:01:28
    Pelosi never gave a damn
    ☆stillthe12c☆
    You have to forgive her she suffers with mental illness.
  • Elz 2012/07/02 01:03:30
    Elz
    i dont know her.
  • Tennessee3501 2012/07/01 19:01:27 (edited)
    Tennessee3501
    +1
    She is a heartless conservative Republican 1 % er pretending to be a liberal Democrat in liberal San Francisco. She is like Victor Victoria. A woman pretending to be a man who pretends to be a woman! LOL !
  • shotgun the 3rd 2012/06/29 17:40:13
  • The Gipper~PWCM~JLA 2012/06/29 15:02:02
    The Gipper~PWCM~JLA
    +1
    Isn't she up for re-elction this fall...
  • Tenness... The Gip... 2012/07/01 19:03:40
    Tennessee3501
    +1
    Yes, but her district is in the heart of liberal San Francisco! There is no real opposiiton.
  • The Gip... Tenness... 2012/07/01 19:15:39
    The Gipper~PWCM~JLA
    +2
    Then that comment is a bit strange coming from her...
  • Tenness... The Gip... 2012/07/01 19:49:26
    Tennessee3501
    +1
    It is a new strategy of the Democrats. It has been discussed on TV. They are trying to argue that Obamacare will prevent "freeloading" such as we have under the present system where rich white kids too cheap to buy insurance go to the emergency room of a local hospital and get medical care that we all have to pay for.
  • The Gip... Tenness... 2012/07/02 13:23:50
    The Gipper~PWCM~JLA
    +2
    Yeah right! I bet the dems have a great deal for us on some waterfront property in Florida too!
  • Tenness... The Gip... 2012/07/02 14:17:05
    Tennessee3501
    Yes, they want to sell us the land in Tampa where the Republican convention will be held!
  • WhereIsAmerica? ~PWCM~JLA 2012/06/29 13:18:10 (edited)
    Pelosi never gave a damn
    WhereIsAmerica? ~PWCM~JLA
    +2
    She is a witch, and I despise the Californians who make us have to put up with that wench (not all Californians, but definitely the ones who vote for that thing).
  • heirsoftheking 2012/06/29 13:16:14
    Pelosi is a liar
    heirsoftheking
    +3
    Pelosi is trash! Put her in the garbage where she belongs!
    Landfill
  • DavidSullivan 2012/06/29 12:40:46
    DavidSullivan
    +3
    Pelosi is a typical liberal ,,,
  • Patric 2012/06/29 10:54:20
    Pelosi is a liar
    Patric
    +2
    that face is stretched so far, so often,
    it has turned in to a 2 face ..

nancy pelusi is a stretched , 2 face lie liberal...
  • WhereIs... Patric 2012/06/29 13:19:51
    WhereIsAmerica? ~PWCM~JLA
    +3
    She has always been 2-faced, and she lives high off the hog while exploiting the poor that she "pretends" to care for...there is none worse than her ilk.
  • Old Timer 2012/06/29 10:44:06
    Pelosi is a liar
    Old Timer
    +3
    From a leader that is from THE BIGGEST FREELOADER STATE in this country.
  • WhereIs... Old Timer 2012/06/29 13:20:14
    WhereIsAmerica? ~PWCM~JLA
    +2
    And she is the biggest freeloader of them ALL.
  • A.Oscar 2012/06/29 10:04:44
    A.Oscar
    Health care (basic) should be the responsibility of Government; but everybody should contribute to a fee in the accord to your income, either you use or not, than insurance could be the accord to your money. In Canada every three months we pay a fee; not that much, if you do not work or pension type be low pay not pay either. You could choose your doctor and in hospital you shore your card contributing. We should realized many people take advantage of everything, that is way, for the poor and middle classes the Government should take responsibility for citizens health. Americans should realized when vote for a Political Party, any Government in the world are made to govern the country and take care of all citizens in many ways, special health care, and nobody should pay taxes on basic food either, like bread, vegetables, some kinds of meat and fish after certain price. But many Governments only to give power and wealth, inclusive many wars, watch out everybody for me both of the one’s are now in disputed no damn good to greed. Try vote for Ron Paul.
  • WhereIs... A.Oscar 2012/06/29 13:23:10 (edited)
    WhereIsAmerica? ~PWCM~JLA
    +2
    The way things go here in the USA, the worker bees get soaked to pay for the sloths or those who through no fault of their own can't find jobs because the economy sucks (I have nothing against those who want to work, but everything against those who scam the system).

Not only that, I don't want the government making my healthcare choices for me, you may consider that a good thing, but when I look at the way they can't even run a post office and exploit that, I don't think so...it is downright scary. I don't need looney liberals sticking their nose in my personal life, go pound salt control freaks!

Also, any American who is not totally freaked about the IRS collecting the money for the healthcare plan ought to go have their head examined.
  • concerned 2012/06/29 07:18:10
    Pelosi is a caring person
    concerned
    A tax you don't have to pay when you have insurance ...
  • WhereIs... concerned 2012/06/29 13:25:44
    WhereIsAmerica? ~PWCM~JLA
    +1
    BS, total and complete BS, our healthcare has already gone up 25% because of Obamacare, and now it will go even higher, so DON'T tell me I don't have to pay you liar, I am already paying through the nose and I have no illusions that it will not get MUCH worse if you out of control Liberal control freaks are not stopped.
  • Space I... WhereIs... 2012/06/29 14:49:38
    Space Invader
    +2
    wait; I walked into a store; and a clerk asks me if I want a pack of Wrigley's Spearmint Gum; I say,,"no thanks '; the clerk then said; "that will be 2.50 for taxes...............
    that's what is going to happen(that was maybe a little extreme; maybe not)..that is the devil that was let out of the bottle yesterday...
  • WhereIs... Space I... 2012/06/29 18:40:53
    WhereIsAmerica? ~PWCM~JLA
    +2
    I agree, don't these liberals ever think?
  • Eccles 2012/06/29 05:53:33
    Eccles
    +3
    She gives me the creeps don't like this woman at all.
  • Rick 2012/06/29 03:17:12
    Pelosi never gave a damn
    Rick
    +4
    We should all refuse!!! Just another tax on all of us and freebies for moochers, illegals, the 8 million that just got amnesty, and that will support the liberals to get more free stuff. It is just plain old redistribution of wealth to get votes!
  • WhereIs... Rick 2012/06/29 13:26:08
    WhereIsAmerica? ~PWCM~JLA
    +2
    We need to vote them OUT!
  • Elleryqueen 2012/06/29 03:12:27
    Pelosi is a liar
    Elleryqueen
    +4
    Not only is she a liar, but if her brains were in a humming bird she would be sucking a dogs @ss for morning glory.
  • PeterB 2012/06/29 02:40:16
    PeterB
    +3
    Nancy who? Wake me when she has something intelligent to say>
  • retiredingeorgia 2012/06/29 02:28:09 (edited)
    Pelosi never gave a damn
    retiredingeorgia
    +3
    Actually, not only doesn't she give a damn, she's a liar too. Come to think of it, old nancy is the trash here.
    damn shes liar yhink nancy trash
    Pelosi never gave a damn
    +3
    She has severe mental issues
  • Ozzyboy 2012/06/29 01:59:24
    Pelosi is a liar
    Ozzyboy
    +4
    She doesn't pay for her own health care - doesn't that make her a free rider off the backs of taxpayers? That is worse than the ones she is trashing. What a simpleton.
  • MarinerFH 2012/06/29 01:48:00
  • WhereIs... MarinerFH 2012/06/29 13:27:29
    WhereIsAmerica? ~PWCM~JLA
    +2
    A lot of young people (I know some of them personally) try and try but can't find jobs. What would REALLY help is if they could work, they certainly want to, but Obama could give a *uck less about REALLY fixing the problem.
  • MarinerFH WhereIs... 2012/06/30 20:34:00
  • TruBluTopaz 2012/06/29 01:46:02
    Pelosi never gave a damn
    TruBluTopaz
    +4
    The ACA will not fulfill the promise of full access to insurance. This is nothing more than an attempt to hide countless federal programs to divert personal wealth into the public coffers for the use of GOVERNMENT to spend....and not on the poor or the uninsured.
  • WhereIs... TruBluT... 2012/06/29 13:28:36
    WhereIsAmerica? ~PWCM~JLA
    +2
    Exactly, just look at the Post Office, I rest my case.
  • TruBluT... WhereIs... 2012/06/29 17:29:40
    TruBluTopaz
    +1
    But here's what Obama said about the postal service in explaining the difference between private and public jobs.....
  • olylift 2012/06/29 01:45:38
    olylift
    +3
    She should be shot for treason.
  • Freeranger 2012/06/29 01:39:44
    Freeranger
    +8
  • COCO Freeranger 2012/06/29 02:28:00
    COCO
    +3
    Yes,and profiting from the inside trading.

2014/12/22 09:55:35