Paul Supporters; If You Knew It Meant Obama Would Win, Would You Still Make Ron Paul A Write-In?

Pug For Huck 2012/06/17 00:20:17
Simple question requesting a simple answer. Feel free to explain your thoughts.

• rightside 2012/06/17 01:48:50
    No I wouldn't....Obama must go...
    rightside
    +21
    Neither Romney nor Paul were up there in my first choices, but Romney is a far better choice than bama.

• Gregaj7 WannaBe... 2012/07/04 16:39:58
    +1
    Ugly, ain't it?
  • WannaBe... Gregaj7 2012/07/04 18:56:02
    WannaBeRSC the Contrarian SOB
    +1
    Ugly, and somehow almost comical at the same time.
  • rocat WannaBe... 2012/07/04 21:30:35
    rocat
    +2
    ABORTS-

ANYBODY BUT OBAMA and ROMNEY the TAINTED STATISTS-
  • WannaBe... rocat 2012/07/05 07:59:36
    WannaBeRSC the Contrarian SOB
    +1
    Not bad, Ro. ;-)
  • Pug For... Gregaj7 2012/07/04 19:46:16
    Pug For Huck
    +1
    I don't agree with your original premise, but can see the possibility.

Do you think Ron Paul can unite if he were to win? Do you think he can actually accomlish what you think he can?
  • Gregaj7 Pug For... 2012/07/04 21:13:20
    What matters to me is a "Ron-Paul-Presidency" means that the Rothschild/Rockefeller International Banking Cabal is strongly stalemated for one term, since taking Paul out leaves Andrew Napolitano ascending from VP to President.
    There's also another effort at work that's growing:
    http://www.republicfortheunit...
  • tblackb 2012/07/03 18:45:30 (edited)
    tblackb
    +1
    if there are over a 1,000 Paul supporters on this site that along should be a reason for him to be a write-in.
  • ordman 2012/07/03 18:17:33
    No I wouldn't....Obama must go...
    ordman
    +2
    No I wouldn't you know it's that cut your nose thing.
    +2
    I'm not a Paul supporter but if he was the GOP candidate I'd vote for him in a second, he's a much better man than Obama. The Paul supporters that plan to write his name in are giving Obama a vote, they're fools and should know better than to give Obama more of a chance to ruin our great country.
  • Wally-M... none 2012/07/04 11:47:32
    Wally-Molon Labe!
    +1
    Why is it that you believe that a Romney prez is better then an Obummer prez? Why bother compromising yourself and your vote for zero gain.
  • Pug For... Wally-M... 2012/07/04 19:48:05
    Pug For Huck
    I can ask the exact same question to you about Obummer vs romney.

"Zero gain" seems to be the base point of this question.
  • none Wally-M... 2012/07/06 17:46:21 (edited)
    Because I don't see Romney as a socialist liar, he's had a job and knows how a business has to be run and the US is a business that should be run on a profit and loss system like any business, with a budget and a plan to not spend more than you take in.
  • Dwight 2012/07/03 18:13:58
    No I wouldn't....Obama must go...
    Dwight
    +3
    A write in campainge, or third party vote for Paul, will help Obama.

Which is why some Lib/Pros are rooting for Paul to run Third Party.
  • ☆ElenaDiamond☆ 2012/07/03 17:56:30
    ☆ElenaDiamond☆
    +3
    This should be interesting. I am not a ron paul supporter and I hope that the ones that do will understand what is at stake.
  • stormy rae 2012/07/03 16:44:36
    No I wouldn't....Obama must go...
    stormy rae
    +6
    But I wont be voting for Romney, if RP dont get the nod I already know where Im voting, and if that doesnt get rid of Obama then you better meet me in the streets cuz he has got to go. Preserve Liberty in 2012 its the only vote that makes sense... If you cant vote RP dont write him in, Gary Johnson will be on the ballot in all 50 states, which means half the work is done all we have to do is campaign hard for him and its not hard to convince millions that Obama has to go and them same millions dont trust Romney to pull the lever for him so with Johnson appearing at Paul Fest, there will be hundreds of thousands to get the word out fast...

none of the above vote for freedom

obama romney the same
  • David Hussey 2012/07/03 05:30:28
    Yes I would....Here's why....
    David Hussey
    +4
    I will vote for a platform that represents my beliefs, I would never cast a cote against someone.

Much of the problems in politics relates to people voting against something instead of voting for something they actually believe in. The end result is we end up being offered a choice between two things you most want to stop, rather than being offered choices in what we wish to promote.
  • Pug For... David H... 2012/07/03 13:11:49
    Pug For Huck
    +3
    So voting against someone can't be voting for something??
  • David H... Pug For... 2012/07/03 23:59:10
    David Hussey
    +2
    Not really, for what is does is create a dynamic where a politician is only looking to be not quite as bad as the next guy. And if you will notice, in the campaign material these days candidates say very, very little of what they would do if put in power and spend most of their resources telling you why you shouldn't vote for the other guy. In my opinion it is a very poor way to end up with a functioning democratic state.

I'm probably doing a poor job of explaining these principles, to get a proper understanding I would suggest you read this work "The Dictator's Handbook: Why Bad Behavior is Almost Always Good Politics" by Prof. Bruce Bueno de Mesquita. It, or any of his published works, are incredibly insightful and quite enlightening.
  • Pug For... David H... 2012/07/04 19:55:13
    Pug For Huck
    Well, I don't fully agree. Romney has made it a primary goal to repeal Obamacare, and I think he's made that pretty clear, so I don't quite get your point of "saying very, very little". Obama doesn't need to say much; his intent is clear. Turn America to a socialist nation, fully.

Like any politician, you can only go by what you hear on the campaign trail. RP supporters have no more assurnce that RP will do what he's saying he'll do now than any other politician. I hope that all conservative candidates would, but pursuant to our current political climate, no party is immune from corruption and failure.

My vote, not matter who I vote for, will have little impact in returning our nation to a true democratic state, especially while the left is as far off kilter as they are. Obamacare is more dangerous than can truly be calculated now and must go. If Obama remains, there is no hope at all.
  • David H... Pug For... 2012/07/05 03:37:15
    David Hussey
    If you believe Obamacare to be so dangerous, how can you take seriously a candidate who imposed a near identical system on the people when he was Governor of a State? One would think that he cannot really think Obamacare is that bad, and has just taken that up as a campaign item of which he has no intention of getting rid of. And why would he, it is a boon to the insurance industry, just one more aspect of the corporate socialism the right so loves.

You are quite correct that we have no assurance that a politician will follow through with their campaign promises. And nobody demonstrates this better than Obama. He promised change, but all he delivered was the same agenda that Bush delivered.... only worse. All this stuff about Obama turning America into a socialist state is nonsense, he is pursuing the very same Reagan agenda that every president has for three decades.

I've never thought Paul could ever be elected, nor have I ever believed that if he was that anything would change. The Presidency is nothing but a figurehead, the real power lays in Congress and the policies are handed to each and every new administration by the same cabal of bankers, industrialists and of course the imperialist warmongers of the Council On Foreign Affairs.
  • Pug For... David H... 2012/07/07 02:22:51
    Pug For Huck
    Well for one, Romney did put that system in place, and is one of the primary reasons I'm not a Romney follower. I do, however, give credit for him realizing it was a mistake and it has set a course of bankrupcy for his former state. He has first hand knowledge of the danger and destructive nature of a socialist healthcare system and seeks to end the future demise that Obamacare will create. At the very least with Romney, we have someone who has at least voiced his intent to dismantle it. With Obama, you will have no assurance and his ignorance, willful or otherwise, will keep the bankrupcy of future generations on course.
  • David H... Pug For... 2012/07/07 03:19:23
    David Hussey
    There is nothing wrong with changing ones mind about something, it only shows the person is still capable of learning. I do however question the reason's behind Romney's change of heart, I have a feeling it is based on political expediency rather than on any held beliefs about the system in question.

While I'm not a fan of Obamacare, I do not see it as being among the primary issues which will lead to the insolvency and collapse of the Republic. In my opinion there are three key issues that neither Obama, nor Romney show any indication of dealing with.

1: Foreign policy that not only squanders the blood and treasure to the people but is criminal at best.

2: Globalization, the catering to the interests of multinational corporations who give not one damn for the prospects of Americans, seeking only to maximize profit at any cost.

3: An inherently corrupt financial system, one which for a century has been plundering the wealth of the land, of its people, by slight of hand.
  • Marie/M... Pug For... 2012/07/04 15:56:38
  • Pug For... Marie/M... 2012/07/04 20:07:10 (edited)
    Pug For Huck
    +1
    I'm getting quite a feel for where many stand and where they don't. Some opinions are well thought out, even though I may not agree with them, and I can see the point. I really can. And in theory/principle, I agree with them. But I in no way hold that Ron Paul is the answer either. I don't fully agree with RP supporters not caring that their vote could be used to keep Obama in, I will not hold that view. Even though it is their right, Obama must go. Four more years of Obama will put what RP supporters long for even farther from their reach. Maybe irreparably so.

I almost mourn for where we as conservatives have stood together for so long on this site and now we're so polarized. People are pissed at one another on both sides, can we bring it back together?

Thank you, Marie, and happy Fourth of July to you!!
  • Habibiti 2012/07/03 02:47:13
    No I wouldn't....Obama must go...
    Habibiti
    +6
    I do not support Obama. He has to go.
  • Farnsworth 2012/07/02 12:44:46
    Farnsworth
    +5
    Not a paul supporter. But I do believe I could see that Obama is the greatest threat and need to be removed. I could set principal aside to remove a danger to the country and it's people.
  • rocat 2012/07/02 06:47:02
    Yes I would....Here's why....
    rocat
    +7
    it is not about rp at all-

it is about one corporate whore or the other...
    no thanks-

i would vote for snooki...
    before either of those phony pony globalists-
  • WannaBe... rocat 2012/07/04 19:00:17
    WannaBeRSC the Contrarian SOB
    +2
    Oddly, Snooki seems to have a bit more personal integrity, compared to those posed as "front runners"...

Sorta makes one go;

"Hummm...."
  • rocat WannaBe... 2012/07/04 19:12:17
    rocat
    +2
    you are correct-

i hmmm...often-
  • WannaBe... rocat 2012/07/04 19:32:04
    WannaBeRSC the Contrarian SOB
    +2
    Been "Hummm"ing a bar for some time, now... 'bout done with that crap.
  • rocat WannaBe... 2012/07/04 19:43:50
    rocat
    +2
    try some other noise-

• WannaBe... rocat 2012/07/04 19:49:12 (edited)
    WannaBeRSC the Contrarian SOB
    +2
    Love MB's!
    Thanlks Bro. ;-)

Why do we never get an answer,
    When we're knockin' at the door?!

• Pug For... WannaBe... 2012/07/04 20:09:13
    Pug For Huck
    And she's into the "substances" like those posed as "third party hopefuls"...

"hmmm...."
  • rocat Pug For... 2012/07/04 20:17:33
    rocat
    +2
    *SIGH*
  • Pug For... rocat 2012/07/07 02:23:56
    Pug For Huck
    Indeed...
  • WannaBe... Pug For... 2012/07/04 20:24:05
  • Pug For... WannaBe... 2012/07/07 02:25:06
  • WannaBe... Pug For... 2012/07/07 03:54:42
    WannaBeRSC the Contrarian SOB
    Indicator #1;

End the Fed.

Indicator #2;

Limited federal government.
  • Pug For... WannaBe... 2012/07/07 11:03:43
    Pug For Huck
    This indicates I'm wrong? How?
  • WannaBe... Pug For... 2012/07/07 11:35:43
    WannaBeRSC the Contrarian SOB
    If you are backing either of the two party favorites, you are giving consent to the continuation of both enumerated above, and much more.

Thus, you abrogate your right of self determination, as well as making God's Law of non effect.

2014/10/31 08:02:17