"Paul says US `slipping into a fascist system'..." Do you agree?

XENON23 2012/02/20 08:42:58
Related Topics: US
Yes I agree
No I do not agree

Read More: http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_PAUL?SIT...

• Caged Lion 2012/02/20 18:37:54
  • Kane Fe... Caged Lion 2012/02/20 18:51:14
    Kane Fernau
    +4
    Hitler banned religion, capitalism and unions
  • BwaHa Caged Lion 2012/02/20 19:52:22
    BwaHa
    +1
    Well, I don't like the word fascist to describe our system, but the whole patriotic nationalism, war hawks, religious, pro-capitalist, anti-union, and liberal left elements scare me to death.
  • Caged Lion BwaHa 2012/02/20 19:55:10
    Yes I agree
    +3
    But his actions would not make it any better.
  • hari 2012/02/20 18:05:49
    No I do not agree
    hari
    +1
    its momentary and time will change by end of this year
  • sammanilla 2012/02/20 17:59:57
    Yes I agree
    sammanilla
  • Richard Hungwell AKA Relent... 2012/02/20 17:27:35
    Richard Hungwell AKA Relentless
    +4
    I feel that it is not necessarily slipping into fascism, but rather being torn apart by some pulling toward corporatism and others toward socialism. I don't believe that people actually want our country to be corporate or socialist, but when they are faced with the side of the political spectrum that they tend to disagree with, they recoil in the other direction often times going to far. Yes, believe it or not their is such a thing as being to conservative and to liberal. I think people just need to find a mutual balance between the two.
  • 2012 Obama 2012/02/20 17:22:12
    2012 Obama
    Fascism is a radical authoritarian nationalist political ideology.

1-Fascists seek rejuvenation of their nation based on commitment to an organic national community where its individuals are united together as one people in national identity by suprapersonal connections of ancestry, culture, and blood through a totalitarian single-party state that seeks the mass mobilization of a nation through discipline, indoctrination, physical education, and eugenics.

That fits the tea Party Conservative agenda that has tried to unite their followers under their interpretation of the constitution and have claimed any one that disagrees with them is un-American. Rallies, talk shows and speakers like Palin and beck use severe indoctrination techniques through shame, hate and fear rhetoric.

2- Fascism seeks to purify the nation of foreign influences that are deemed to be causing degeneration of the nation or of not fitting into the national culture.

That fits the TP Conservatives that are outwardly hostile to all foreign countries except Israel and believes all Muslim and non Christian nations are evil.

3- Fascism promotes political violence and war, as forms of direct action that create national regeneration, spirit and vitality.

That fits the TP Conservatives that are always calling...

That fits the TP Conservatives that are always calling for war against muslims and Iran. The TP openly supports death penalties and violence against their perceived enemies.

4-Fascists commonly utilize paramilitary organizations for violence against opponents or to overthrow a political system.

Oathkeepers and TP militia grew tremendously under TP rhetoric and Ron paul's son belongs to one of these paramilitary groups. They are anti-government and promote violence as a first solution.

5- Fascism opposes multiple ideologies: conservatism, liberalism, and two major forms of socialism—communism and social democracy.

The Tea Party claims conservatism but would never give up their socialist SS, medicare and other services.

6- Fascism claims to represent a synthesis of cohesive ideas previously divided between traditional political ideologies.

The TP takes some ideas from Fiscal Conservatism, and Libertarianism and a huge amount of neo-con and white supremacist ideology and combines them.

8- To achieve its goals, the fascist state purges forces, ideas, people, and systems deemed to be the cause of decadence and degeneration.

The entire 2010 elections was evidence that the TP intends to purge anyone that stands in their way at the local and state level and intends to purge the country and world of immigrants, non-Christians, Gays, women that have power, minorities, schools, and Blacks

So Ron and Rand are leaders of the Fascist Tea Party and now he wants to call everyone else fascists. Hitler used that same ploy when he said eliminating Jews was good for the country and patriotic and supported by Christianity and Catholicism.
  • observer 2012 Obama 2012/02/20 17:56:51
    observer
    +2
    "That fits the TP Conservatives that are outwardly hostile to all foreign countries except Israel and believes all Muslim and non Christian nations are evil."

So, they are hostile to all European countries, Japan, South Korea, India, Canada, Australia, all African countries, etc., etc., etc.?
  • 2012 Obama observer 2012/02/20 17:59:33
    2012 Obama
    All you have to do is listen to the rhetoric of the TP to see they are hostile to all other countries and lambaste all other religions, cultures and societies except their own.
  • observer 2012 Obama 2012/02/20 18:07:03
    observer
    +2
    I don't listen to anyone's rhetoric. Since you do, you know if they are hostile to all the countries that I've listed. Are they hostile to, for example, France or India?
  • 2012 Obama observer 2012/02/20 18:14:51
    2012 Obama
    +1
    Are those countries stealing their "American" jobs- of course they are hostile to India. They lambasted the French for going after Ghadafi in Libya and claimed Obama was leading from the rear.

Have you ever heard the TP speak positively about any other country ?

Their whole ideology is America is only for whites and all other religions, cultures and societies are evil if they do not act like American Christian Conservatives.
  • observer 2012 Obama 2012/02/20 18:24:31
    observer
    +2
    "Their whole ideology is America is only for whites"

Who exactly said that? And when?

How does India steal American jobs?
  • 2012 Obama observer 2012/02/20 18:33:47
    2012 Obama
    +1
    You are going to have to attend some TP rallies and listen to the speakers as I have. Listen to Glenn Beck, Rush Limbaugh and Sarah Palin and you will see what the TP message is. They don't openly say they are only for whites (some do) but take a look at their agenda, look at who is attending and listen to the speeches and you will see that is their ideology.

I did not say India steals American jobs and that is a common refrain heard at TP rallies that Obama is Kenyan and has let other countries steal American jobs.
  • BwaHa 2012 Obama 2012/02/20 20:16:36
    BwaHa
    +2
    So you know because????

Are you a closeted TP'er? LOL... are you going to their rallies? Truly? Are you one of Glenn Beck's, Rush Limbaugh's and Sarah Palin's secret admirers? You seem to claim you know their thoughts, their ideals, their "agendas". That implies you're paying a lot of attention to what they're saying if what they're saying is even remotely accurate to how you're interpreting it. So, if you're paying that much attention to them they must be getting their message across to you, again assuming your interpretation of their messages is accurate... which I truly doubt. I think your interpretations cater to your own deceptive and biased takes on any of the Tea Party's ideologies, agendas and thoughts.

Nothing wrong with that... you're only human like the rest of us. You just have different opinions and try to assert those opinions on others without justifying any of them with factual information. Not saying it's not there... I don't know if it is or not... I'm just saying your posts have no substance.
  • 2012 Obama BwaHa 2012/02/20 20:25:40
    2012 Obama
    +1
    I study the TP just like many do to understand their abnormal and hateful thinking.

The TP represent the worst of human nature when imbeciles are lead merrily along by corporations to do their bidding and if you are one of them I feel very sorry for you!

The evidence is all around you here on SH but you won't see it because you are one of them!
  • BwaHa 2012 Obama 2012/02/20 20:04:11
    BwaHa
    +2
    WOW!!! Speaking of rhetoric!

"Their whole ideology is America is only for whites and all other religions, cultures and societies are evil if they do not act like American Christian Conservatives."

You make a bold, totally unsubtantiated claim and won't even bother to provide where you cropped that piece of gibberish from!
  • 2012 Obama BwaHa 2012/02/20 20:07:03 (edited)
    2012 Obama
    +1
    I don't need a source other than my own eyes and ears. I have attended the rallies and belong to several TP forums and this is the majorities ideology.

The only one gibbering here is you and where is your sources to discount what I have said ?

Just look at the posts here on SH by the TP Cons for all the evidence you need!
  • BwaHa 2012 Obama 2012/02/20 20:00:36
    BwaHa
    +2
    Your post just goes to show everyone who reads it that anyone can post any of their absurd, half baked thoughts to a forum without bringing into question any relevant supporting information for any of their irrelevant, maligned diatribe.

Ron Paul is hardly the answer but we already know obummer's definitely not the fix for what's happening. He's the reason. As for who is the answer??? I have no idea.
  • 2012 Obama BwaHa 2012/02/20 20:08:46 (edited)
    2012 Obama
    +1
    The supporting information is right here on SH in all the racist, bigoted, homophobic, religious zealotry rants of the tea party!
  • findthelight2000 2012/02/20 17:21:14
    Yes I agree
    findthelight2000
    +4
    Yes, we are already a Fascist Country, and if we add to that Ron Paul and the Libertarian Party's connections with the White Supremacists we see a very dangerous combination!
  • Lucy findthe... 2012/02/21 00:00:10
    Lucy
    I agree with you about white supremacists being dangerous, but libertarians and Ron Paul are for more freedom, not less.
  • findthe... Lucy 2012/02/21 00:34:53
    findthelight2000
    Not with their long history of connections with White Supremacists and further proof of that support in Ron Paul's voting history.
  • mich52 2012/02/20 17:04:22
  • Striker 2012/02/20 16:49:45
    Yes I agree
    Striker
    +5
    I love it when the debate turns to the various characteristics of Force.
    It's all Force, Collectivism covers the gamut and saves so much time from debating trivial differences. Force is the exclusive tool of Governments, which is why all always FAIL.
  • Prettie... Striker 2012/02/20 17:08:15
    PrettieReptar
    +1
    True however, imo, I think important for people to be able to spot which variant of force they are dealing with. Each has its own methods to reach its goal. Therefore, in order to interrupt it's flow or stop it, we must deal with each in a different fashion.
  • Striker Prettie... 2012/02/20 17:11:52
    Striker
    All methods are always used, so the differences become trivia. Trivia is such a waste of time.
  • Prettie... Striker 2012/02/20 17:18:59
    PrettieReptar
    +1
    I don't think so. For the reasons stated above. Not everyone sees things as clearly as you--some people need to be educated so that they recognize the threat and respond accordingly.
  • Striker Prettie... 2012/02/20 17:45:48
    Striker
    +1
    Nice way of putting it.
    Everyone these days is "educated". There are many millions of bits which will never be absorbed by the masses, nor even more than a few.
    In this instance, what matters is Force. One bleeds no matter how applied.
  • BwaHa Striker 2012/02/20 20:30:36
    BwaHa
    The question is to what level is everyone "educated"? You're statement's broad based at best. Prettie.. makes several very good points. You can't legitimately brush them to the side with your personal claim that they're trivial. That's avoiding the challenges to your original post that Prettie... brought to your attention. In other words, you're avoiding answering her or even addressing her counter claims with any logical discussion whatsoever.

I do disagree with one thing she posted. "Not everyone sees things as clearly as you--some people need to be educated so that they recognize the threat and respond accordingly."... I'm not sure you're seeing everything as clearly as you have people believing you do. Your mere avoidance suggests you're more ignorant than most yet you hide behind well rehearsed speaking points to disguise your ignorance.
  • Striker BwaHa 2012/02/20 20:34:52
    Striker
    Okay, you've showed your true colors. For the last time.
  • Prettie... Striker 2012/02/22 16:11:06 (edited)
    PrettieReptar
    All I meant by educate was help people see things that may not be apparent to them. Each of us has our own filter. Some people don't see things as clearly as others, that's all. I will say one last thing about this then leave it alone :)

An analogy. Let's use "disease" in place of force.

Disease: a harmful development. There are different types of disease, each of which has its own cause, conditions, symptoms and treatment.

Cancer and diabetes are both types of diseases.

Do you think a doctor would treat cancer the same as he treats diabetes? According to your logic, they are both diseases, so what difference does it make?

Edit: wording in first paragraph.
  • Striker Prettie... 2012/02/22 16:42:04
    Striker
    The thread is about fascism. Sure it is sick, but it doesn't turn this thread into a discussion of disease.
  • Prettie... Striker 2012/02/22 17:09:48
    PrettieReptar
    Ok. Have a good one.
  • freakoutnow... cuz mom's here 2012/02/20 16:23:25
    Yes I agree
    freakoutnow... cuz mom's here
    +7
    It's been heading that way at the national level since Theodore Roosevelt's tenre as President. FDR only accelerated the momentum. Then LBJ accelerated the momentum again. Obama accelerated the system again more then all the other Presidents before him combined. The momentum towards fascism has increase with almost every Presidency since Teddy with a few breaks here and there but notice that the greatest increases to that momentum almost always happens when a Democrat is in office. Both Republicans and Democrats are guility of this downward slope towards Fascism but the Democrats seem to be able to get away with it more and have the public approve of it. People need to wake before it's too late to slow/stop or even partially reverse some of the momentum.
  • Bear 2012/02/20 16:19:14
    Yes I agree
    Bear
    +5
    Review the growth of the Security state and budget since 9/11. Review the growth of the military state and budget since 9/11. Review how dissent against the state is dealt with. Now ask yourself if you trust your security and military officials to always do the right thing.
  • RJ~PWCM~JLA 2012/02/20 16:17:26
    Yes I agree
    RJ~PWCM~JLA
    +4
    Assuming he defines "fascism" as government control of industry - not **ownership**, but control.
  • tea for... RJ~PWCM... 2012/02/20 16:33:22
    tea for you
    +1
    It's opposite . Industry ownership of government dude , Your confused with communism /conservatism
  • RJ~PWCM... tea for... 2012/02/20 17:12:10
    RJ~PWCM~JLA
    +2
    No.

Fascists promoted their ideology as a "Third Position" between capitalism and Bolshevism.[252] Italian Fascism involved corporatism, a political system in which the economy is collectively managed by employers, workers, and state officials by formal mechanisms at the national level.[253]

2014/07/31 05:23:24