‘Patriotic’ Marine “Arrested” For Facebook Posts By FBI And Secret Service – Held In Psychiatric Hospital For Anti-Govt Posts?

~ The Rebel ~ 2012/08/18 19:37:08
The Police, FBI and Secret Service swarmed in and took Brandon Raub to John Randolph Metal Hospital. This patriotic Marine had posted 5 posts on the Dont-Tread-On.Me blog linked below. Just glancing over them they seem to be of the religious and patriotic fight for truth and justice. He used the blog to have people join his FaceBook group and even did and promoted a Richmond Liberty March.

Apparently questioning the government is a mental condition. Brandon was immediately brought to John Randolph Mental Hospital. The use of psychology was very common to political tool the Soviets and the Nazis to silence political opposition. Look at what Vladimir Putin is doing in Russia.

I hope to get more details as they develop and eventually I hope to thoroughly de-brief Brandon as soon as he can.

Join the Insider mailing list at the top right hand side of the blog for email updates.

Here are the 5 articles from Brandon Raub on the Dont-Tread-On.Me site.

Property, Liberty, Jesus, and Our Country

What God Tried To Do

Richmond Liberty March

Economics 101

The Richmond Liberty Movement

Be Sociable, Share!

Read More: http://dont-tread-on.me/?p=21770#more-21770

• marie 2012/08/20 00:53:01
    marie
    +3
    that is a bad sign,what the hell happened to freedom of speech.. back in the colonial days people weren't hospitalized for badmouthing the government...they also weren't told they couldn't have guns or other things. no offense to anyone but our government has over stepped its bounds and needs to back down!
    +3
    Unconstitutional. Get him out of this political Inquisition.
  • John Storz 2012/08/19 16:16:47
    John Storz
    +2
    Pathetic
  • JERSEYDUDE 2012/08/19 08:03:22 (edited)
    JERSEYDUDE
    +3
    things are turnin real fascist real quick...maybe its time to leave i dont know anymore
  • MrsJJS 2012/08/19 07:25:20
    MrsJJS
    +3
    I can empathize with this young man’s frustration with the state of affairs as yet again we are faced with another presidential election where neither of them are the best person for the job. We’re getting an option of “more of the same”, or “more of the same”. And I can understand how such frustration can become so overwhelming it will push you to the breaking point, which clearly it has in his case, but violence is never the answer. I hope he gets the help he needs and not persecuted for his mental health issues.
  • TheTruth1313 2012/08/19 07:12:51
    TheTruth1313
    +3
    Typical gestapo tactics perpetrated by the Dictator in Chief.
  • Mikey 2012/08/19 04:36:54
    Mikey
    Sure. We're always talking about looking for the warning signs that somebody is coming unglued before they shoot up a public place, but look how you people glorify someone like that when they fit your political agenda. Tell you what. Why don't YOU go give him three hots and a cot at your place. Surely you wouldn't mind having a "patriot" with a gun rocking back and forth in your living room at night. How 'bout it?
  • Don Leuty 2012/08/19 03:33:34
    Don Leuty
    +2
    Such subversive propaganda must be quelled... or the people will learn the truth and make it known.
  • SJG 2012/08/19 03:14:34
    SJG
    The Randolph Mental Hospital is just the place for him. He needs help.
  • Me 2012/08/19 02:58:36
    Me
    +1
    geezzz
  • Odinsown 2012/08/18 23:58:17
    Odinsown
    +4
    When I first heard about this I was worried, after reading his pages I was more worried. The man was voicing his frustration and after having talked to a few of his friends he had a good support system that would have kept him from doing somethibg stupid. We need to stand with all people who are arrested or detained unjustly.
  • NOT14U2 2012/08/18 23:19:42
    NOT14U2
    +2
    Libertarians or constitutionalists will always be harassed, by the mainstream belief system, created by the true leaders of tyranny , Media and Mainstream politics hand in hand .
    Oh No I got to go someone knocking at the door.
  • gvc 2012/08/18 22:47:39
    gvc
    +1
    This young man has two Facebook accounts, one is very innocuous, the other shows a TOTALLY different side.
    He seems to be living under a great deal of stress and anger. While his post on don't-tread-on-me seem to be from a clear thinking young man who is concerned about the direction of his Country, his recent post on Facebook reveal something frightening, and a possible disconnect with reality.
    As much as it pains me to admit it, they may have prevented this young man from doing something REALLY STUPID! My thoughts and prayers are with him and his family!
  • American 2012/08/18 22:01:08
  • gvc American 2012/08/18 22:34:13
    gvc
    +2
    There is NOTHING wrong with this mans facebook page. His rights as a citizen have been violated. Nobody needs to stand down, we all need to be standing UP for our fellow citizen. You and I could be next!
  • gvc American 2012/08/18 22:41:08
    gvc
    +3
    Ahhhh he has 2 Facebook accounts. Actually, he does seem to be becoming a bit un-spooled. I think you gave him some great advice actually.
  • ~ The R... American 2012/08/19 00:59:02
    ~ The Rebel ~
    +3
    There certainly had to be a better way for them to handle this...
  • John Storz American 2012/08/19 16:43:59
    John Storz
    +1
    He didn't need your help, he needed to be heard. NOW he needs your help... as a vet myself, I'm disgusted with your nonchalant attitude about an American citizen being detained for exercising his right of free speech.
  • American John Storz 2012/08/19 16:58:26
  • Wyveryx 2012/08/18 21:52:41
    Wyveryx
    +1
    If you think this person is using free speech, head to his FB page.

Like someone said below, if you think that James Holmes should have been looked into, or any other person who has committed atrocities should have been looked into before their acts, then you will see that this person IS being looked into.
  • John Storz Wyveryx 2012/08/19 16:50:57
    John Storz
    +1
    Lets hope that you never post anywhere how frustrated you are with the government and what you'd like to do about it then...
  • Wyveryx John Storz 2012/08/19 21:29:20
    Wyveryx
    there's a big difference from expressing one's frustration and calling for a revolution or worse.
    If they find nothing to substantiate the threats that he posted then they should release him.
    Just realize that you can't scream fire in a crowded area just because it's your right to free speech.
  • Striker 2012/08/18 21:49:04
    Striker
    +2
    I followed the links within your source. I saw nothing Brandon Raub said within those which suggested any reason for his arrest or commitment. I actually write more "terrifying" stuff than that every day on both my website and here on SH.

Congratulations on being the very first to actually deliver something of Raub's writing here to SH!
  • MandaLynne 2012/08/18 21:20:35
  • Kevin1111 MandaLynne 2012/08/18 21:48:34
    Kevin1111
    +5
    A voice of reason, MandaLynne. Still, they used to just keep an eye on these people until they actually took action. Now the government takes action against words. People ought to be able to talk about revolution all they want to. Death threats, though, do take it too far.
  • MandaLynne Kevin1111 2012/08/18 22:12:39
    MandaLynne
    +3
    I imagine they are being overly cautious in light of the events of this past month.
  • Mikey MandaLynne 2012/08/19 04:42:12
    Mikey
    Overly cautious? Okay, you tell me if you'd want this guy in the same theatre with you one night.
  • MandaLynne Mikey 2012/08/19 06:04:25 (edited)
    MandaLynne
    Nope - I do not. I did not mean overly cautious as in unnecessarily cautious, I meant as in being extra cautious with cause.
  • RobHom MandaLynne 2012/08/18 22:52:58
    RobHom
    +2
    MandaLynne...you have it right! I'm a combat veteran with a diagnosed severe case of PTSD....and even I don't talk that kind of trash. The constant babbling and use of religious references adds a dimension to his ravings that can cause a lot of consternation.

There is little doubt in my mind why they picked him up for pysche eval.....little doubt.
  • John Storz MandaLynne 2012/08/19 16:49:35
    John Storz
    +1
    I'm not entirely sure I'd be crying if he started a revolution...

Actually, Free Speech is supposed to protect him from being locked up like he is... be proud of yourself, you're defending giving away our rights in order to feel a little more safe. Do you also support the TSA when they strip search grandmothers and 4 year old girls looking for possible terrorists?
  • MandaLynne John Storz 2012/08/19 17:05:59
    MandaLynne
    +1
    Oh, quit being a drama queen. Just because I actually know the meaning of the right to free speech doesn't mean I don't abhor the actions of the TSA.

Yes, he has a right to speak out against the government without reprisal. However, if he is inciting violence or threatening the lives of others, that is not protected by the right of free speech.

Speech that promotes an unlawful end, such as a speech urging people to riot, is not protected. There are exceptions for “fighting words”, “terrorist threats”, “defamation”, “obscenity”, and “false advertising”. However, the exceptions are meant to be narrow.

One may not yell “Fire!” in a crowded theater - not because to do so is foolish or offensive, but because to do so would create a real possibility of imminent injury. Similarly, the “fighting words” exception only reaches words “which by their utterance inflict injury or incite an immediate breach of the peace.” Chaplinski v State of New Hampshire, 315 US 560, 572 (1942).
  • susan 2012/08/18 21:12:59
    susan
    +2
    Shades of Hugo Chavez. The Venezuelan people allowed it to happen there in recent years.
  • Maddog 2012/08/18 20:58:34 (edited)
    Maddog
    +6
    This is like something out of the "The Gulag Archipelago"! Any American who is not concerned about this is living in a dream world. It may be your door the jack-booted government thugs kick down next!

american concerned living dream world door jack-booted government thugs kick

• Red Maddog 2012/08/19 04:51:58
  • Dodgerfan 2012/08/18 20:44:43
    Dodgerfan
    +4
    Just listened to the entire interview and it only cements the Libertarian view that freedom is on the way out.
  • Mikey Dodgerfan 2012/08/19 04:44:10
    Mikey
    after he severs a few heads. Right. Why don't you let "Mr Freedom" room at your house?
  • Dodgerfan Mikey 2012/08/19 06:26:03
    Dodgerfan
    +1
    When the government comes to take you away without giving any reason and none was given to his family then it is not right. If he is suffering from post traumatic stress as someone else has posted then why didn't the government make it known to his family before taking action. His mother sounded well grounded and it doesn't seem likely there was any conspiracy within the family so why go to such lengths and make it look like Nazi Germany storm troopers when the whole thing could have been avoided?
  • Mikey Dodgerfan 2012/08/19 18:11:19
    Mikey
    But if he was an American whose name was Sayid instead of Staub I know most if not all of you people wouldn't give a rip so don't kid me. I know what kind of "patriots" I'm talking to.
  • Dodgerfan Mikey 2012/08/19 18:59:09
    Dodgerfan
    +1
    You don't know me and if a person of middle east descent was making statements about the way this government was operating I would applaud them. I'm not talking about the current administration particularly but what has been going on for longer than 4 years. We are losing our freedom through the same actions that the Nazis took in pre WW 2 Germany. The same names are being placed on some things like Homeland Security.
  • John Storz Mikey 2012/08/19 16:46:26
    John Storz
    +1
    Why not? It's not me he's ticked at, it's the leaders of our government...

2014/12/19 12:19:00