Pat Robertson: Sikh Shooting Because "Atheists Hate God"

Mopvyzo 2012/08/08 10:20:58

• RosaLuxemburg 2012/08/09 13:52:34 (edited)
    Pat Robertson is way off base.
    RosaLuxemburg
    +21
    How can Atheists hate god? We do not believe god exists. It is hard to hate something which does not exist. Of course, we do hate what the belief in god or gods does to SOME people and the evil they do because of this belief. I admire the work that Pamela Taylor does and detest the actions of Osama bin Laden, yet they are (were) both Muslims and believe they are serving the same god

about_pamela_k_taylor

• P. Sturm 2012/09/15 08:13:34
    Pat Robertson is way off base.
    P. Sturm
    Uh ..., never mind, it's just too easy.
  • ghostrider 2012/09/07 02:02:40
    Other opinion
    ghostrider
    Hmmmmm ... can't hate something/one that doesn't exist.
  • Jrogers 2012/08/21 06:41:49
    Other opinion
    Jrogers
    Pat Robertson is Nuts! Should've thrown that in the mix
  • Dave 2012/08/16 05:25:59
    Other opinion
    Dave
    That is sooo incredibly funny -- Atheists DON"T believe in god! You can't hate something you have no relationship with.
  • elijahin24 2012/08/14 14:36:34
    Pat Robertson is way off base.
    elijahin24
    +1
    Pat Robertson is a Christian-Nationalist douche-bag. He's almost never right, and frankly, the world would have been better off if he hadn't been born.
    Pat Robertson is way off base.
    +1
    It is time to take this Alzheimer's idiot off the air before he really gets into more trouble than he already has.
  • DavidGustafson 2012/08/11 23:32:46
    Pat Robertson is way off base.
    DavidGustafson
    +2
    Pat Robertson is a perfect example of the old truism that it is better to remain silent and to be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt.
  • Charles... DavidGu... 2012/08/13 07:30:06
    Charles Braley
    +1
    Or ............. Even with his mouth shut, a fool is considered wise! :)
  • DavidGu... Charles... 2012/08/13 13:11:45
    DavidGustafson
    I like that...I shall add this to my cache of useful truisms.
  • Tariq 2012/08/11 18:27:22
    Pat Robertson is way off base.
    Tariq
    +3
    Many Sikhs have been persecuted because they were mistaken for Muslims. Progressive Muslims like myself are shunned because of what traditional Muslims do. We believe in equality for women, an end to discrimination and abuse of women and girls, we believe in acceptance of gay people, we believe in love and brotherhood of all people regardless of religion and good relations between religions. We want an end to violence, all violence. We will accept and support the rights of all, even Muslim apostates, atheists and other rationalists, and Baha'is and Sikhs. Please do note that many thousands of Sikhs in India and Pakistan have been slaughtered by Muslims. That is the terrible, bitter irony of them being persecuted for being Muslim. Baha'is in Iran and other Muslim countries have been similarly systematically killed and their shrines destroyed. My apologies for what my ignorant, bigoted Muslim brethern do.
  • Harriet Tubman 2012/08/11 18:21:08
    Pat Robertson is way off base.
    Harriet Tubman
    +1
    Around 50,000 Sikhs were slaughtered by the Muslim (Mughal) rulers of India (before the British conquest).
    "Lesser Sikh Holocaust March 10, through June of 1746 A.D. Seeking revenge for his brothers death, Mughal Lakhpat Rai orders all Sikhs in Lahore executed. With a company of 50,000 he pursues Sikhs through the countryside ambushing and slaughtering men, women and children. In about 14 weeks time, more than 7,000 Sikhs are killed, 3,000 captured and tortured to death. Some estimate 20,000 attain shaheed in the Chhota Ghallughara (Lesser Holocaust).
    Greater Sikh Holocaust February 3, 1762 A.D. Between 10,000 and 12,000 Sikh warriors are killed in battle. As many as 25,000 Sikh women and children martyrs are massacred and become shaheed in the Vadda Ghallughara (Great Holocaust)."
    http://sikhism.about.com/od/h...
    I join Tariq in sincere apologies to the Sikhs for the savagery of these Muslims. We have many evil deeds to atone for. As an American Muslim, I am proud that American Muslims (followers of Wallace Deen Mohammed) have always had excellent relations with other religions, Jews, Christians, Baha'is and Sikhs.
  • Robbie 2012/08/11 15:31:32
    Pat Robertson is way off base.
    Robbie
    +3
    There are good, socially concerned atheists who are humanists, there are good environmentally concerned atheists like naturalistic Pantheists, and then there are self-centered, elitist atheists like Ayn Rand and her disciple Ron Paul.
  • Michael 2012/08/10 04:11:03
    Pat Robertson is way off base.
    Michael
    +1
    The nicest thing I can say about Pat Robertson is he is a sociopathic traitor who hates America and all we have ever stood for. His arrogance is matched only by his lack of intelligence. The planet will be better off once it's rid of him.
  • The_Red-fox 2012/08/10 00:32:47
    Other opinion
    The_Red-fox
    that may not be right but neither are atheists
  • FormerConservative 2012/08/09 20:25:44
  • Avenged7 2012/08/09 16:55:30
    Pat Robertson is way off base.
    Avenged7
    +1
    Well that moron will say anything. Didn't he blame Gays for 9/11????
  • He'a: ka'ka:' 2012/08/09 15:24:43
    Pat Robertson is way off base.
    He'a: ka'ka:'
    +1
    He's an idiot.
  • gaylehelen 2012/08/09 14:20:39
    Pat Robertson is way off base.
    gaylehelen
    +1
    I don't understand why people consider this man still relevant. Just not so in my book.
    Pat Robertson is way off base.
    RosaLuxemburg
    +21

about_pamela_k_taylor
  • chaoskitty123 2012/08/09 13:16:53
    Other opinion
    chaoskitty123
    +1
    Well let's look at it like this. Pat Robertson is crazy but at least he waited until we knew who the shooter was before he made his usual crazy attacks. However, most on the political left did not wait before they deemed the shooter was a rightwing Christian and launched endless attacks. Now, when we know who the shooter was and that the political left was once again wrong, the political left is trying to find lunatics like Robertson to find yet another way to get at the Christian right and to cover their own asses because they made fools of themselves with their "shoot from the hip" hatefest.

I told you and others on the left numerous times to wait before you opened your mouths but as usual, you didn't and again you have your feet in your mouths.

Look, Pat Robertson is a lunatic but you give this man power in what he says because you were the ones who jumped the gun before you even knew the shooters name, his race, his political vies or his ideological views. Because you were wrong, Pat Robertson comes off as being correct.

Robertson is a crazy old fart who can't stand the fact that God made him with a tailbone so that he's a walking contradiction to everything he believes in.

However, if you guys on the left can jump the gun claiming the shooter was a Christian who hated...

However, if you guys on the left can jump the gun claiming the shooter was a Christian who hated Muslims... then who is crazier, Robertson for waiting to see who the shooter was, or the political left for identifying the shooter without knowing the first damn thing about him other than he shot a bunch of people.

As for Atheists hating God... have you seen what atheists have been doing? They openly speak in hatred towards Christians, they trade Bibles for porn, they burn Bibles, they attack Christians at every turn creating billboard signs ridiculing Christians... hell, there are hundreds of atheists on this site who speak nothing but hatred for Christians all the while attacking Christians as the haters?!

Atheists don't even know who they are because atheism only means you don't believe in God or Gods. However, almost all religions have atheists in them... there are even Christian Atheists.

Being an atheist does not mean you cannot be part of a religious faith and it's because most do not know this, they find themselves between a rock and a hard place.

So the shooters an atheist. The left who attacked him as a Christian now look like fools and idiots so that Pat Robertson becomes correct in what he says... not because he is, but because those on the political left who jumped the gun make him correct. While there are atheist Republicans, most are leftwing Democrats and so many of them attack Christians with such hatred you would think all people on the left are atheists when there are millions of Christians.

If you don't like Pat Robertson, then don't give him what he needs to attack the left with because if you have the right to attack rightwing Christians unfairly and with hatred for what you stereotype them as being... then people like this are no different attacking leftwing atheists unfairly and with hatred for what they stereotype the left as being.

Maybe we should first stop jumping the gun and telling leftwings to wait before they go on the attack knowing nothing about people who are accused of a crime... then when you know who they are and what they believe, you will be more correct when you criticize them instead of making yourselves look like idiots so filled with hate you jump the gun attacking an entire group of people for the wrongs committed by one... then you learn that one person actually has as much or more in common with your group so that everything you've said now applies to you!

It doesn't matter if this man were an atheist or a theist... what he did is evil and you don't need to be a theist to understand or apply that label to someone if it's true.
  • getu chaoski... 2012/08/13 20:45:46
    getu
    A good argument, but the ones that need this message have short attention spans; you will have to condense it into 30 words or less... After that they just go into recorded loop mode.
  • psiEnergos 2012/08/09 08:50:07
    Other opinion
    psiEnergos
    +1
    Does anybody actually still listen to this moron (I mean besides the media)?
  • Rob Williams 2012/08/09 07:17:23
    Pat Robertson is way off base.
    Rob Williams
    How can we hate something that doesn't exist?
  • handimom 2012/08/09 04:47:52
    Pat Robertson is way off base.
    handimom
    +1
    This kind of bs is why I have never and will never like Pat Robertson or people like him.
  • Jacob Torres 2012/08/09 04:31:40
    Pat Robertson is way off base.
    Jacob Torres
    +1
    I'm glad to see Pat Robertson take such an interest in Sikhism. Maybe now he can renounce his hateful brand of evangelical Christianity.

In any case, if I had to strand myself in a room with an armed Richard Dawkins or an armed Evangelical, I think it would be an easy choice.
  • TexasMentor54 2012/08/09 04:28:24
    Other opinion
    TexasMentor54
    +1
    Pat Robertson is a moron.
  • wildcat 2012/08/09 02:45:21
    Pat Robertson is way off base.
    wildcat
    +1
    Does he even realize he is saying this crap out loud.
  • carlton999 2012/08/09 02:13:00
    Pat Robertson is way off base.
    carlton999
    +1
    Pat is a moron.
  • ehrhornp 2012/08/09 02:01:33
    Pat Robertson is way off base.
    ehrhornp
    +1
    I just wonder what Pat consumes. Obviously it is one heavy substance. The only one who really hates God is Pat Robertson as Pat does not believe in loving one's neighbor as themselves. Pretty pathetic for supposedly a man of God. Prima facia evidence that God does not exist is that Pat would have been picked for anything.
  • Freedom 2012/08/09 01:45:49
    Pat Robertson is way off base.
    Freedom
    +1
    This guy is usually off base. People always try to rationalise these situations. Many times you can't. Sometimes people just go crazy and do terrible things.
  • SunnyOne 2012/08/09 01:45:31
    Pat Robertson is way off base.
    SunnyOne
    +1
    He's a nutbag, all right.
  • Ashley Pierson 2012/08/08 23:52:27
    Pat Robertson is way off base.
    Ashley Pierson
    +1
    Being an atheist, he was WAY "off base".
  • Jasmine 2012/08/08 23:48:03
    Pat Robertson is way off base.
    Jasmine
    +1
    I've never known Pat Robertson to NOT be way off base. This guy is delusional.

pat robertson is weird
  • Pakki 2012/08/08 23:21:36
    Other opinion
    Pakki
    +3
    Sounds like Robertson has judged every Atheist.
    Not very Christian of him.
    I'm glad he is not Jesus.
  • InoYamanaka 2012/08/08 22:45:28
  • chicago 2012/08/08 22:15:39
    Pat Robertson is way off base.
    chicago
    +4
    As Ghandi said:

“I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.”
  • Catnip "Guru" ∞ 2012/08/08 22:01:03
    Pat Robertson is way off base.
    Catnip "Guru" ∞
    +2
    What is he babbling about?
  • Leprachaun999 2012/08/08 21:51:32
    Other opinion
    Leprachaun999
    +3
    Pat Robertson is an idiot. If there is a Devil it's him.
  • Leprach... Leprach... 2012/08/08 21:53:21
  • yogiOK 2012/08/08 20:16:45
    Other opinion
    yogiOK
    +2
    I don't think that anyone, including Pat Robertson, can make a statement as to why this happened, but I do believe that atheists target Christianity more than any other religion. In fact, they seem to go out of their way to do it, even if the opposite of "belief" is "indifference." I am a Christian, yet I get responses all the time from atheists who say that "You must also believe in lawn gnomes," or some ridiculous statement like that. Okay, it is ridiculous to me, and why would an atheist care what I believe?!

2014/10/25 05:35:25