Pat Robertson Rails AGAINST Adoption

☥☽✪☾DAW ☽✪☾ 2012/08/22 02:19:06
Pat Robertson

Here`s your good Christian Family Values! `Cause damaged kids are no fun, leave `em to rot in the orphanage. Nobody needs to be 'loved' like this.

Okay, let me see if I have this straight; birth control is a sin, abortion is murder, even in the case of a raped 12-year-old, and now, at least according to Pat Robertson, adoption is off the table.
A viewer of Robertson’s show, The 700 Club, wrote to the show for advice on dating problems. She wrote,
I’m the mother of three adopted girls. I find the men I date are okay when I tell them I have three daughters, but when they find out they are adopted, and from three different countries and not my own biological children, they don’t want to date anymore.
Whether I tell them upfront or after a couple of dates, all the men are reacting the same way. They say that they would be okay with it if the girls were biological children and came with child support. Why are these men reacting this way?upfront couple dates reacting girls biological children child support reacting Robertson’s co-host reacted the way most human beings would react, by calling the men “dogs.” Robertson, however, did what he does best. He blamed the situation on the woman and on the fact that she adopted children (emphasis from Veracity Stew).

“A man doesn’t want to take on the United Nations, and this woman’s got all of these various children, and blended family. I mean, what is it? You don’t know what problems there are. I’m serious. I’ve got a dear friend, adopted some little kid from an orphanage down in Columbia, child had brain damage…you know, grew up weird, and you just never know what’s been done to a child before you get that child; what kind of sexual abuse has been, what kind of cruelty, what kind of food deprivation, etc., etc., etc. So, you’re not a dog because you don’t want to take on that responsibility.

“You don’t have to take on somebody else’s problems. You really don’t. You can go help people, you can minister to people – we’ve ministered to orphans all over the world – thousands of them. We love orphans, we love helping people. But that doesn’t necessarily mean that I want to take all the orphans around the world into my home.

“OK, let’s get to the next question…I’m in trouble…”
Here’s the video:

The answer to the viewer’s question was probably not in the fact that she adopted “the United Nations.” In fact, she answered her own question with this line, “They say that they would be okay with it if the girls were biological children and came with child support.” The answer, not surprisingly, is that the men she is dating don’t want to support her children.

Pat Robertson
Of course, statistics don’t back Robertson up. Adopted children are as happy, as well-raised and as healthy as biological children. More significantly, adopted children are always wanted. Unfortunately, one cannot say the same for all biological children, especially with some women forced to become baby factories.
Pat Robertson  insane

Read More: http://www.addictinginfo.org/2012/08/17/pat-robert...

• rand 2014/03/17 13:50:04
    rand
    i don't support demonizing others, but if you're going to do it, Pat Robertson is as good a choice as any. He panders to fearful, unthinking, self-righteous, intellectually limited suckers.
  • Nameless 2012/08/26 15:47:11
  • Tic-Toc 2012/08/26 07:28:50 (edited)
    Tic-Toc
    +1
    He is the type of guy is Jesus came up behind him and tapped him on the shoulder he would jump back and say Satan Be Gone from here. Then go running down the street claiming he had just been Mugged by a Jew.
  • Matt 2012/08/23 20:47:44
    Matt
    +1
    I'm not one to talk. I feel the same way about women who have too many pets. funny cat lady
  • DutchHeretic Native non-Ame... 2012/08/23 17:42:52
    DutchHeretic Native non-American
    +1
    Pat Robertson is an idiot
  • ☥☽✪☾DAW... DutchHe... 2012/08/26 17:42:24
    ☥☽✪☾DAW ☽✪☾
    Ever notice how no Right wingers ever denounce him

say anything about a Republican they scream liberal but the moment one of thiers says something stupid they are like Welllllllll ( Silence )
  • Dan ☥☽✪☾DAW... 2012/08/26 20:12:46
    Dan
    +1
    Sorry, but I was adopted. I'm a conservative and I denounce everything the SOB stands for.
  • Tic-Toc ☥☽✪☾DAW... 2012/08/26 23:22:25
    Tic-Toc
    Ever Notice How people are quick to reach a decission without knowing any or very little of the fact. (read my post above)
  • misterz 2012/08/22 17:17:03
    misterz
    +2
    Another village missing its idiot. Dunce Cap Pat Robertson
  • Pam 2012/08/22 14:11:01
  • Leo 2012/08/22 13:18:53 (edited)
    Leo
    +2
    I thought he would be working on steering that hurricane away from the Republican convention. Or are they too liberal for him?
  • Clay Slayer 2012/08/22 13:18:50
    Clay Slayer
    +3
    Another Delusional asshat,,, he needs to take his medications....
  • Sean 2012/08/22 12:58:30
    Sean
    +3
    Has this colostomy bag not died yet?
  • Mike Miller 2012/08/22 12:45:45
    Mike Miller
    +3
    Here he goes again with his weekly, totally absurd rant. This man is NOT Christian and he is NOT compassionate. He does not care about anyone but himself and worse, he is sitting there telling people who might actually adopt and save a child not to. He continues to amaze me as he finds new lows to go. I always say he cannot get any worse than what he just did and then it's next week and I am proven wrong again. Why is it these kinds of evil people live so darn long?
  • Tic-Toc Mike Mi... 2012/08/26 07:38:56
    Tic-Toc
    +1
    I can just picture it now.... He dies and goes the the Pearly Gates, He knocks and St. Peter answers. He would looks at St. Pete and say... Is God Home, I will only talk to him directly...
    St. Pete goes and gets God and explains what is going on... God goes to the Gate and Looks at Pat and then turns to St. Pete and Winks... Turns his face back to Pat and say... Sorry, Ass-Holes aren't allowed here. LMAO
  • bettyboop 2012/08/22 12:33:08
    bettyboop
    +4
    I have never been a fan of Pat Robertson.
  • dear•LT13☻ bettyboop 2012/08/22 13:24:58
    dear•LT13☻
    +3
    who is?
    That guy is losing it!
  • dear•LT13☻ 2012/08/22 11:06:43
    dear•LT13☻
    +3
    wait....
    no abortion, but no adoption either??
    WTF?
    How does that work exactly?
  • Leo dear•LT13☻ 2012/08/22 13:20:32
    Leo
    +2
    Street urchins.
  • dear•LT13☻ Leo 2012/08/22 13:24:15
    dear•LT13☻
    +3
    I see... perhaps he still thinks we can send them to Australia or something... (what a maroon!)
  • katy.isodo 2012/08/22 07:06:55
    katy.isodo
    I read what was said, and while I completely love that some can adopt kids and deal with the issues that go along with adopted children - it's not for everyone and to say automatically that someones a 'dog' because they are aware of themselves enough to know that's not a situation that they are suited for.. eh. I support adoption as the better option but know I probably wouldn't be good at it myself - there are many who would be.
  • Clay Sl... katy.isodo 2012/08/22 13:21:42
    Clay Slayer
    +2
    Adoption is not much different than having your own,, we adopted two to go along with our three and there were no problems outside the ordenary that we didnt have with our natural children.. You love them,
  • katy.isodo Clay Sl... 2012/08/22 18:37:38
    katy.isodo
    And I'm glad you had that experience, not every adoptive family does. It can depend on the children you adopt, where you adopt them from, as well as age.. a lot of things come into play with that. Even if for you it was the very same, it does not mean it is something that is meant for everyone.
  • Clay Sl... katy.isodo 2012/08/22 19:24:44
    Clay Slayer
    +1
    OH I agree,, I was just pointing out that robertson is a asshat...
  • katy.isodo Clay Sl... 2012/08/22 23:30:06
    katy.isodo
    Eh, I've not see the entire interview, nor do I know him all that well. I think interviews can be done in such a way that the person can come across wrong no matter what they do - he may have said it wrong, but I think he was just trying to get the point across that not everyone can adopt, and that adoption can come with hardships and to expect men to want to carry that responsibility just because - or they are asses.. eh.
  • Clay Sl... katy.isodo 2012/08/23 14:19:40
    Clay Slayer
    Adoption is an option,, must be examined at every angle by the persons willing to take that step,, I know people that have adopted severely mentally handicapped children... sure it is trying,,, Howevewer they have the strength of character to handle the job they took on.... Robertson has always had crazy religious ideas... He is a Joke ...
  • katy.isodo Clay Sl... 2012/08/23 14:25:21
    katy.isodo
    I've read a bit about him and I guess I disagree with you on Robertson, he's a very strong minded Christian and while I may not agree with all of his ideas or principles - I can respect him for having them. Granted I've not read a lot by him, and I tire pretty quickly of any 'anti Christian' backlash.
    What it really comes down to is how he was pointing out these men that leave at the thought of adopted children aren't automatically scum just because they don't want that added responsibility - I think it's actually big of them to know that.
  • ☥☽✪☾DAW... katy.isodo 2012/08/23 14:29:24
    ☥☽✪☾DAW ☽✪☾
    +1
    how can you side with a man who said this

Who Lies for a living and uses the bible as a Weapon to preach hate how can you agree with someone like this
    or how his buddy blamed the 9/11 attack on Athiests , Pagans and Abortionists Rather than the Islamic Extermists highjackers

and these are some of many many many things he has said that are incrediably stupid
  • katy.isodo ☥☽✪☾DAW... 2012/08/23 14:37:55
    katy.isodo
    A few things here - one, I never said I sided with him - I'm just open to the possibility that his answers were taken the wrong way and I don't jump to conclusions based on one interview - the issue surrounding adoption is a pretty big one and I can form my own thoughts and views without his take on the matter, they may happen to slightly line up with what he said.
    He's got no control of what 'his buddy' says or thinks, or does. As for the first interview - what he's saying historically is true - that DID happen in Hati - did it cause an earthquake? I honestly don't know - I believe God to be a loving God and there are a lot of things I can't answer, nor do I try.
    I don't 'side' with anyone - I evaluate information from various sources and come up with my own conclusions.
  • ☥☽✪☾DAW... katy.isodo 2012/08/23 15:40:08
    ☥☽✪☾DAW ☽✪☾
    +1
    he said the hatians made a deal with the DEVIL how does he know this??? he Doesnt he made upa LIE to say the earthquake is a BLESSING he saying its a GOOD thing the Earthquake killed people

Even if PER SAY the haitians 500 years ago made a deal with satan for freedom from bondage
    lets see Satan Freed them from the Christians who enslaved them
    thats 1
    2. Why would God wait 500 years to punish innoncent people who have done ZERO wrong
    3 its hate to even suggest things like this
  • katy.isodo ☥☽✪☾DAW... 2012/08/26 04:02:26
    katy.isodo
    I don't know the answers to questions related to God, I don't think anyone can for certain - we can have beliefs and use what we do know to come up with certain ideas. Maybe he's right, maybe he's wrong.. I don't know. It is a known fact that Hati has been practicing various types of 'VooDoo" for many many years, even the people that live there will admit to this. Is there a way to conclude 100% that 500 years ago this took place? Not likely - but many other countries base historical facts on basically the same premise - we have a few known facts and we go by what we do have.
    Do I think God is punishing them? I do not believe so.. I believe rain falls on everyone so to speak, bad things happen in life - to everyone.
    I don't have to agree with him 100%, but nor do I have to think of him as a hateful person for having certain viewpoints that differ from my own. I think his words get twisted pretty easily - people who don't want to have an open mind, probably won't.
  • Dan ☥☽✪☾DAW... 2012/08/26 20:17:48
    Dan
    I agree with you! 100%
  • Tic-Toc katy.isodo 2012/08/26 07:40:48
    Tic-Toc
    I understand what you mean, but I do believe This was about Dumb Ass Pat, not about the guys she had dated.
  • katy.isodo Tic-Toc 2012/08/27 01:25:11
    katy.isodo
    I think it could probably have been stated better, but I also think the interview could probably have been done better as well. We really have no way of knowing if the guys she's dated are asses or not - we just know they didn't want to be involved in an adoption type situation.
  • littlebuffalo55TBA 2012/08/22 04:25:17
    littlebuffalo55TBA
    +1
    Lol....Pat "Rails"? I'm thinking he needs a ride on one!

So? What are Pats thoughts on a rescue from an Animal Shelter"?
  • wtxwoman 2012/08/22 04:05:07
    wtxwoman
    +2
    I don't get it, he must be getting senile or my information is wrong. I thought Robertson said he was the product of rape and was adopted out. Anybody???
  • D.C. Willis 2012/08/22 03:20:49
    D.C. Willis
    +6
    DAW,

Stop listening to this man!!!! It will cause you to lose faith in humanity!!!

Jefferson1
  • ☥☽✪☾DAW... D.C. Wi... 2012/08/22 03:31:03 (edited)
    ☥☽✪☾DAW ☽✪☾
    +5
    I don’t want to believe, I want to see.
    jjjjjjjjj
  • ☥☽✪☾DAW... D.C. Wi... 2012/08/22 03:32:33
    ☥☽✪☾DAW ☽✪☾
    +4
    Fat heads and narrow minds seem to go together.
    kkkkkkkkkkkk
  • ☥☽✪☾DAW... D.C. Wi... 2012/08/22 03:33:04
    ☥☽✪☾DAW ☽✪☾
    +5
    When I get inspired, I get excited because I can't wait to see what I'll come up with next.
    jjjjjjjjjjj

2014/07/29 10:45:42