Parents furious after principal gives graphic sex descriptions to 11-year olds

doofiegirl BTO-t- BCRA-F ~PWCM~ 2012/06/16 16:31:43
Why can't children allowed to be kids until their parents are ready to tell them these things? Why is it that perfect strangers are allowed to become so intimate with them? Fox News reports on another hard lesson about “in loco parentis.”

Parents in a small Washington State community are infuriated after their 11-year-old children were given graphic descriptions of oral and anal sex during a sex education class led by an elementary school principal.

Fifth-graders at Onalaska Elementary School were supposed to get a lesson about HIV-AIDS, but the class discussion turned graphic when a child asked about other forms of sexual activity. The principal, who happened to be teaching the class, then told the children about oral and anal sex. “I’m one pissed off cowboy,” parent James Gilliand told Fox News Radio. “I didn’t appreciate them teaching my daughter – who is innocent of that – at all.” . . . http://radio.foxnews.com/toddstarnes/top-stories/parents-furi... Pannkuk and her husband sat their daughter down and asked her explain what she was taught in the class.

“You take a man’s penis and you put it in your mouth – that’s what the girls do to the boys,” their daughter told the couple. “The boys spread the girls legs apart and put their mouths down on the vaginas.”

Pannkuk said he became enraged as his 11-year-old daughter recounted what the principal had told the classroom.

“Steam was coming out my ears,” he said. “I was very, very upset. I understand that they need to teach these kids sex education – but 11-year-olds? I have a problem with that. The wife and I were very – very upset.”

Gilliland said another child explained to their parents that it “was basically like a lollipop.”

“There are a lot of pissed off parents besides this pissed-off cowboy,” he said. “I’ve been told they’re getting sexually active, younger and younger – maybe in the city – but not here in the country.”

But Supt. Fenter told Seattle’s Fox affiliate that parents were sent a notice informing them about the program – and that they had a right to review the curriculum. But he said, only three parents showed up.

Mrs. Pannkuk said she was aware of the class “but I didn’t know it was going to be that explicit.”

School officials did not return calls seeking comment.

Read More: http://americanvisionnews.com/3800/parents-furious...

• Don Leuty 2012/06/17 03:15:35
    Don Leuty
    +3
    I'm almost certain the parents were more shocked than the students. The shame is that sex education has been delegated to the education system because too many parents were irresponsible.

• Don Leuty 2012/06/17 03:15:35
    Don Leuty
    +3
  • pamela 2012/06/16 18:20:32
    pamela
    +1
    I remember when my son told me he had to take this class for a credit hour. I don't know what they call this class now, but my son's was called Health class. Health class and Sex class are 2 different things, and I can also remember, other parents as well as our local news stations trying to ban this this class, because it was to be based on HIV and Aids informants.
    But this principal should have his title stripped, from taking this lesson too far. Even should a child come up with a question on other forms of sexual activity, the answer should have been handled differently. Instead of being so graphic, the principle could or should have said, that there are other forms of sexual activity, and you will learn them as you go older, now is not the time to discuss this, and should you have further questions on this matter, discuss it with your parents.
    This is the parents job to be able to be open and discuss things like this in the privacy of your own home, NOT IN SCHOOL WITH STRANGERS !!!

It's no wonder the school officials didn't return any calls, they know what happened was wrong. This principal should lose his job, for taking it too far.
  • kmay 2012/06/16 17:17:09
    kmay
    +2
    There is more sex ed today than ever in public school and ways to eductae yourself online yet children are still getting pregnant, having sex earlier and earlier before they are emotionally ready and girls especially are being pressured into oral sex as young as 9. Obviously, comprehensive sex ed is not working!

Parents need to jump in, take control of their kids education and stop the indoctrination.
  • Gunner 2012/06/16 17:09:14
    Gunner
    +2
    I'da been angry too, and I would've raised my concern in no uncertain terms to the school board and school superintendent. Parents can get angry all they want, but unless they take action, issues like this won't change.
  • fluer 2012/06/16 16:51:49
    fluer
    +1
    As a teacher I have seen and heard some of the things these kiddos tell each other. Two 4th graders were of the opinion that using bleach to their privates after sex would avoid pregnancy. We also had a 12 year old girl pregnant this year. The parents seem to think their kiddos are not active or considering being active. But if the kiddos are asking then they need answers and somehow the parents are not talking to them. I don't approve of this at all, but how do you deal with kiddos who will ask other also uninformed kiddos and come up with answers like the bleach? Do you turn a blind eye? Do you write to the parents and hope you don't get sued for suggesting their daughter or son is active? I sent the two kiddos to the school nurse so she could talk to them. But when this sort of thing gets rampant then it is time to address it and you send out a letter to the parents and inform them. You don't know where these children will go, but if they ask then what? I will be honest it is the parents job but if they do not do it do you think that is OK and then if the child does get pregnant who could not feel some guilt?
  • doofieg... fluer 2012/06/16 18:48:23
    doofiegirl  BTO-t- BCRA-F ~PWCM~
    Why would you have to suggest the child was sexually active? Just state what you overheard, and tell the parent you thought they should know so they could handle it!
  • fluer doofieg... 2012/06/17 02:43:09
    fluer
    +1
    I did not suggest anything. I sent the two girls to the nurse. She talked to the parents after she talked to the girls. But if they are worried about how to avoid pregnancy it is a case where one would assume that it is smoke and fire. In our school the nurse is considered the one to deal with this sort of issue.
  • doofieg... fluer 2012/06/17 10:49:33
    doofiegirl  BTO-t- BCRA-F ~PWCM~
    My question was IF you had gone to the parents, Why did you think you would be suggesting they were sexually active? All that would have to be done was to report what you heard, and say that you thought the parents might like to be informed so that they could deal with it as they wanted.If they Didn't deal with it , it would be Their problem!
  • fluer doofieg... 2012/06/17 14:17:24
    fluer
    +1
    If I had gone to the parents I would have explained what I heard and that the girls were talking about this potentially fatal method of birth control and they need to have the birds and bees talk with their girls. But in my mind I would still feel guilt if the girls ended up pregnant or worse with some disease like HIV. But as I said in our school it is left to the medical professional to deal with issues like this and sadly it is an all too common occurance. If the parents were doing their job then it would not fall to the schools, but I find parents bury their heads in the sand and refuse to talk to their kiddos which is so sad when they are innundated with sexually suggestive materials daily. Again if they are old enough to ask then they need accurate information. But it should not be the schools.
  • Kat ♪ ~BTO-t-BCRA-F~ ♪ 2012/06/16 16:34:35
    Kat ♪ ~BTO-t-BCRA-F~ ♪
    +1
    Sounds perverted. Parents are letting this garbage go on. I'd pull my kid out of there and they'd know why.
  • TasselLady 2012/06/16 16:34:16
    TasselLady
    +3
    Some parents need to be educated themselves, much less teaching their kids. Look how many parents out there won't talk to their kids about sex and the "facts of life"? Those are the kids who fall through the cracks. If parents object to it then they need to get educated themselves first, find out the facts so they know HOW to teach their kids in the right way. Parents can have just as much misinformation as the neighbors next door.
  • doofieg... TasselLady 2012/06/16 18:41:44
    doofiegirl  BTO-t- BCRA-F ~PWCM~
    +2
    This may have been true back when I was a child! But Everything is sexually explicit now! You can't pick up a darned comic book that is not- and television is totally out outrageous! Parents themselves are either products of the new idea of sex, or have grandparents who started the whole mess (free love- make love not war --- the 60s bit). I find it incomprehensible that children could be exposed to all this , and parents Not step in !
  • TasselLady doofieg... 2012/06/16 19:47:05
    TasselLady
    +2
    It's very sad I agree. Unfortunately we are totally surrounded by it. That's when parents need to be educated. Some of them just WON'T talk about it because either they're embarrassed or they don't know how to teach it. I was lucky. My mother talked to me and my sister, and every now and then dad threw his 2 cents in. But at least we learned about it the right way, not the way it is now. Kids don't have a chance today. They're being taught that "everything goes", and that it should be blown up in movies etc for everybody to see. No wonder they get a warped view on it.

2014/09/02 07:11:34