Paradoxical Quote of The Day From Ben Stein

Kat ♪.BTO-t-BCRA-F~PWCM~ 2012/09/28 13:27:53
"Fathom the hypocrisy of a government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured... But not everyone must prove they are a citizen." Now add this, "Many of those who refuse, or are unable, to prove they are citizens will receive free insurance paid for by those who are forced to buy insurance because they are citizens."

Think about it when you vote in November !

• Peewee ~PWCM~JLA 2012/09/28 13:34:22
    True
    Peewee ~PWCM~JLA
    +6
    I love Ben Stein! He always says it like it is. Maybe Obama will put his money where his mouth is and not check ID's at his campaign events.

• Sheri D Wahlen 2014/01/03 00:23:23
  • Simmering Frog 2012/11/27 03:02:12
    True
    Simmering Frog
    +1
    It appears Obamacare is a vehicle to destroy our country. And everyone seems helpless to do anything about it.
  • Footage 2012/10/01 16:45:24
    True
    Footage
    +2
    Brilliant! I love Ben Stein.
  • Swampdog PWCM 2012/09/29 16:23:03
    True
    Swampdog PWCM
    +1
    Outstanding and spot on!
  • retiredingeorgia 2012/09/29 08:41:08
    I'm a liberal, I don't understand.
    retiredingeorgia
    +1
    I just checked this choice to show that none of the 'dumbed down' libs have the ba//s to do it as they chose 'None of the above'.
    Ben Stein's quote is correct.
    Think if I relinquish up my citizenship I can get free everything and the vote too?

I'm sure not going to hold my breath (sorry libs) until I get it.
    Hold my breath
  • Radlad 2012/09/29 01:39:10
    True
    Radlad
    +3
    Yep! And once again they do not even have to prove they are citizens to vote.......
  • luvguins 2012/09/28 22:13:43
    luvguins
    +1
    He makes no sense as usual as many don't have a home or a vehicle to insure yet are not freeloaders. Another 47% attack, Ben?
  • flrdsgns 2012/09/28 21:37:59
    flrdsgns
    Just buy health insurance and stop whining about it
  • lurx: the soda jerk 2012/09/28 19:06:55
    lurx: the soda jerk
  • morris44 2012/09/28 18:30:45
    morris44
    +2
    The first sentence tries to relate two unrelated things. Dumb.

And the second sentence is misleading in the fact this already happens.
  • arkiii morris44 2012/09/29 16:02:01
    arkiii
    +2
    Morris44, let me explain it for you.....

the first sentence is stating current contradictory positions held by the government. The second sentence is stating what Obamacare plans to do when fully implemented.
  • morris44 arkiii 2012/10/01 20:18:37
    morris44
    If things are not related they cannot contradict.
  • arkiii morris44 2012/10/01 20:21:04
    arkiii
    they are related. they are both positions held by the government....
  • nathanc... morris44 2012/10/08 16:30:52
    nathanchristopherharris
    +1
    I think you are right, up to a point. And that is; they "Were" unrelated. However, "Obamacare" relates them, and therefore, the point and counterpoint are not disparate entities any longer. That's the Paradoxical hypocrisy of which he speaks.
  • redhorse29 2012/09/28 18:13:10
    True
    redhorse29
    +4
    Have seen this before. It is still accurate and well stated. Thank you for posting it.
  • Studied 2012/09/28 17:21:54
    True
    Studied
    +4
    Very well said
  • Moneyman 2012/09/28 16:09:28
    True
    Moneyman
    +1
    Well not exactly true but only because it's not a Ben Stein quote, but a great quote and makes since nonetheless.

http://www.snopes.com/politic...
  • wcake Moneyman 2012/10/01 18:00:36
    wcake
    +1
    Well, at least it says more about what is really happening though. Many People use other people's quotes many times. Like me, I use others quotes on my profile, because they mean something to think about. My favorite quotes I use often come from Mark Twain, George Washington and Thomas Jefferson.

Mark Twain at meeting in Hardford, Conn.
    LADIES AND GENTLEMEN: I feel very greatly honored in being chosen to preside at this meeting. This employment is new to me. I never have taken any part in a political canvass before, except to vote. The tribe of which I am the humblest member - the literary tribe - is one which is not given to bothering about politics, but there are times when even the strangest departures are justified, and such a season, I take it, is the present canvass. Some one asked me the other day, why it was that nearly all the people who write books and magazines had lately come to the front and proclaimed their political preference, since such a thing had probably never occurred before in America; and why it was that almost all of this strange, new band of volunteers marched under the banner of Hayes and Wheeler. I think these people have come to the front mainly because they think they see at last a chance to make this government a good government; because they thin...

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN: I feel very greatly honored in being chosen to preside at this meeting. This employment is new to me. I never have taken any part in a political canvass before, except to vote. The tribe of which I am the humblest member - the literary tribe - is one which is not given to bothering about politics, but there are times when even the strangest departures are justified, and such a season, I take it, is the present canvass. Some one asked me the other day, why it was that nearly all the people who write books and magazines had lately come to the front and proclaimed their political preference, since such a thing had probably never occurred before in America; and why it was that almost all of this strange, new band of volunteers marched under the banner of Hayes and Wheeler. I think these people have come to the front mainly because they think they see at last a chance to make this government a good government; because they think they see a chance to institute an honest and sensible system of civil service which shall so amply prove its worth and worthiness that no succeeding President can ever venture to put his foot upon it. Our present civil System, born of General Jackson and the Democratic party, is so idiotic, so contemptible, so grotesque, that it would make the very savages of Dahomey jeer and the very gods of solemnity laugh.

"The political and commercial morals of the United States are not merely food for laughter, they are an entire banquet." Mark Twain.

"History has tried hard to teach us that we can't have good government under politicians. Now, to go and stick one at the very head of the government couldn't be wise". Mark Twain
  • Sheri D... Moneyman 2014/01/03 00:16:13
  • arkiii 2012/09/28 15:45:23
    True
    arkiii
    +5
    Very well thought out.....I love it and will share it ...........
  • Dwight PWCM 2012/09/28 15:12:30
    True
    Dwight PWCM
    +3
    Ben has boiled the situation down to essentials.
  • Harriet M Welch 2012/09/28 15:05:36
    Harriet M Welch
    +2
    It's amazing what ordinary people can do if they set out without preconceived notions.

Ben Stein
  • Purple Pinto ~PWCM~JLA 2012/09/28 15:04:47
    True
    Purple Pinto ~PWCM~JLA
    +5
    Ben Stein is a genius in his own right. Love the guy's insights.
  • socokid 2012/09/28 14:50:54 (edited)
    socokid
    +5
    It is absolutely NO surprise that the children posting here must block to keep their fingers in their ears, but was slightly surprised they ALL blocked me. Did 2nd grade let out early today? I posted my opinion, they responded with name calling and childish rhetoric.

1. Having healthy, educated citizens helps this entire country. Preventive care is less expensive than emergency visits. etc, etc...

2. In-person voter fraud is virtually non-existent in the US. The only thing we DO know it does, is stop people from voting.

Ben Stein lost every bit of credibility as an intelligent man after Expelled. Sorry. He's a clown.
  • Gravitas socokid 2012/09/28 15:31:53
  • socokid Gravitas 2012/09/28 15:55:24
    socokid
    Profanity, calling me names... like a 10 year old. *sigh*

Voter ID does absolutely nothing to stop people that make $1 for signing up Micky Mouse to vote. Laws are already in place for these things, and they work. Voter ID also does nothing to stop mail in voter fraud. Not, one, thing.

It is "whittled" down to "in person voter fraud", because that is the only thing VoterID laws affect, and in-person voter fraud is virtually non-existent in the US.

Eric Holder scam:
    First of all, this is a shock piece performed by a well known, right-wing extremist (ex-Breitbart). He also didn't ask for Holder's ballot, he asked if Holder was merely on the list. He did not use his ballot, but rather skipped out to "get his ID" and never came back. See "Project Veritas". The video was nothing more than someone almost committing major fraud (and would have been caught, and prosecuted) to instill fear into dumb people. Nothing more.

Anything else?
  • Gravitas socokid 2012/09/28 16:14:16
    Gravitas
    +4
    Outside of the fact that you're thoroughly delusional, drowning in denial and on the brink of taking leave of your senses?

Nah,... I think you have it just about covered.,
  • socokid Gravitas 2012/09/29 14:42:48
    socokid
    Rhetorical and derogatory.

Do you have anything of substance to say? A logical argument?

Nothing? *sigh*

OH well..
  • Gravitas socokid 2012/09/29 15:11:49
    Gravitas
    +1
    Already did that and I've wasted enough time on this page.

I could attempt to explain it even slower but it would only slide off your forehead anyway.
  • Kat ♪.B... Gravitas 2012/09/29 15:24:16
    Kat ♪.BTO-t-BCRA-F~PWCM~
    +1
    I blocked him, heard enough drivel.
  • Gravitas Kat ♪.B... 2012/09/29 15:38:06
    Gravitas
    It's the left coast insanity that I don't miss one bit.
    A once beautiful and prosperous state completely trashed by librul mentality.
  • THE One... socokid 2012/09/28 17:56:37
  • morris44 THE One... 2012/09/28 19:04:06
    morris44
    +1
    Ben Stein is a clown. He's a liar, and nothing more than someone who will do absolutely anything for money.

His fake documentary is just sickening.
    http://www.expelledexposed.com/
  • THE One... morris44 2012/09/28 19:07:54
  • morris44 THE One... 2012/09/28 19:46:17
    morris44
    +1
    Off topic.

I agree with what socokid said about Ben Stein.

Ben Stein is a terrible person.
  • THE One... morris44 2012/09/28 20:17:52 (edited)
  • morris44 THE One... 2012/09/28 21:03:07
    morris44
    +1
    I have no idea what you are referring to when you comment on some other persons comments and try to link them to me.
  • THE One... morris44 2012/09/28 21:04:44
  • morris44 THE One... 2012/09/28 21:17:10
    morris44
    +1
    Well, I don't have all day to follow all threads, like some people...

I think we should refrain from calling fellow sodahead's names, but pseudo celebs are fair game.
  • THE One... morris44 2012/10/01 12:11:13

2014/04/21 01:14:38