Palin vs. Obama? Who is the better role model?
Very interesting facts on two very different ladies. Sarah Palin and Michelle Obama.By Dewie Whetsell, Alaskan Fisherman.
The last 45 of my 66 years I’ve spent in a commercial fishing town in
Alaska . I understand Alaska politics but never understood national
politics well until this last year. Here’s the breaking point: Neither
side of the Palin controversy gets it. It’s not about persona, style,
rhetoric, it’s about doing things. Even Palin supporters never mention
the things that I’m about to mention here.
1. Democrats forget when Palin was the Darling of the Democrats,
because as soon as Palin took the Governor’s office away from a fellow
Republican and tough SOB, Frank Murkowski, she tore into the
Republican’s “Corrupt Bastards Club” (CBC) and sent them packing. Many
of them are now residing in State housing and wearing orange jump suits
The Democrats reacted by skipping around the yard, throwing confetti
and singing, “la la la la” (well, you know how they are). Name another
governor in this country that has ever done anything similar.
2. Now with the CBC gone, there were fewer Alaskan politicians to
protect the huge, giant oil companies here. So she constructed and
enacted a new system of splitting the oil profits called “ACES.” Exxon
(the biggest corporation in the world) protested and Sarah told them,
“don’t let the door hit you in the stern on your way out.” They stayed,
and Alaska residents went from being merely wealthy to being filthy
rich. Of course, the other huge international oil companies meekly fell
in line. Again, give me the name of any other governor in the country
that has done anything similar.
3. The other thing she did when she walked into the governor’s office
is she got the list of State requests for federal funding for projects,
known as “pork.” She went through the list, took 85% of them and
placed them in the “when-hell-freezes-over” stack. She let locals know
that if we need something built, we’ll pay for it ourselves. Maybe she
figured she could use the money she got from selling the previous
governor’s jet because it was extravagant. Maybe she could use the
money she saved by dismissing the governor’s cook (remarking that she
could cook for her own family), giving back the State vehicle issued to
her, maintaining that she already had a car, and dismissing her State
provided security force (never mentioning – I imagine – that she’s
packing heat herself). I’m still waiting to hear the names of those
4. Now, even with her much-ridiculed “gosh and golly” mannerism, she
also managed to put together a totally new approach to getting a
natural gas pipeline built which will be the biggest private
construction project in the history of North America. No one else could
do it although they tried. If that doesn’t impress you, then you’re
trying too hard to be unimpressed while watching her do things like
this while baking up a batch of brownies with her other hand.
5. For 30 years, Exxon held a lease to do exploratory drilling at a
place called Point Thompson. They made excuses the entire time why they
couldn’t start drilling. In truth they were holding it like an
investment. No governor for 30 years could make them get started. Then,
she told them she was revoking their lease and kicking them out. They
protested and threatened court action. She shrugged and reminded them
that she knew the way to the court house. Alaska won again.
6. President Obama wants the nation to be on 25% renewable resources
for electricity by 2025. Sarah went to the legislature and submitted
her plan for Alaska to be at 50% renewable by 2025. We are already at
25%. I can give you more specifics about things done, as opposed to
style and persona. Everybody wants to be cool, sound cool, look cool.
But that’s just a cover-up. I’m still waiting to hear from liberals the
names of other governors who can match what mine has done in two and a
half years. I won’t be holding my breath.
By the way, she was content to return to Alaska after the national
election and go to work, but the haters wouldn’t let her. Now these
adolescent screechers are obviously not scuba divers. And no one ever
told them what happens when you continually jab and pester a barracuda.
Without warning, it will spin around and tear your face off. Shoulda
You have just read the truth about Sarah Palin that sends the media,
along with the Democrat party, into a wild uncontrolled frenzy to
discredit her. I guess they are only interested in skirt chasers,
dishonesty, immoral people, liars, womanizers, murderers, and bitter
So “You go, Girl.” I only wish the men in Washington had your guts, determination, honesty, and morals.
First Lady Michelle Obama’s Servant List and Pay Scale
TheFirst Lady Requires More Than Twenty Attendants (Thats 22 Attendants to be exact)
1. $172,200 – Sher, Susan (Chief Of Staff)
2. $140,000 – Frye, Jocelyn C. (Deputy Assistant to the President and Director of Policy And Projects For The First Lady)
3. $113,000 – Rogers, Desiree G. (Special Assistant to the President and White House Social Secretary)
4. $102,000 – Johnston, Camille Y. (Special Assistant to the President and Director of Communications for the First Lady)
5. $100,000 – Winter, Melissa E. (Special Assistant to the President and Deputy Chief Of Staff to the First Lady)
6. $90,000 – Medina , David S. (Deputy Chief Of Staff to the First Lady)
7. $84,000 – Lelyveld, Catherine M. (Director and Press Secretary to the First Lady)
8. $75,000 – Starkey, Frances M. (Director of Scheduling and Advance for the First Lady)
9. $70,000 – Sanders, Trooper (Deputy Director of Policy and Projects for the First Lady)
10. $65,000 – Burnough, Erinn J. (Deputy Director and Deputy Social Secretary)
11. $64,000 – Reinstein, Joseph B. (Deputy Director and Deputy Social Secretary)
12. $62,000 – Goodman, Jennifer R. (Deputy Director of Scheduling and Events Coordinator For The First Lady)
13. $60,000 – Fitts, Alan O. (Deputy Director of Advance and Trip Director for the First Lady)
14. $57,500 – Lewis, Dana M. (Special Assistant and Personal Aide to the First Lady)
15. $52,500 – Mustaphi, Semonti M. (Associate Director and Deputy Press Secretary to The First Lady)
16. $50,000 – Jarvis, Kristen E. (Special=2 0Assistant for Scheduling and Traveling Aide to The First Lady)
17. $45,000 – Lechtenberg, Tyler A. (Associate Director of Correspondence For The First Lady)
18. $43,000 – Tubman, Samantha (Deputy Associate Director, Social Office)
19. $40,000 – Boswell, Joseph J. (Executive Assistant to the Chief Of Staff to the First Lady)
20. $36,000 – Armbruster, Sally M. (Staff Assistant to the Social Secretary)
21. $35,000 – Bookey, Natalie (Staff Assistant)
22. $35,000 – Jackson, Deilia A. (Deputy Associate Director of
Correspondence for the First Lady)(This is community organizing at it’s
There has NEVER been anyone in the White House at any time who has
created such an army of staffers whose sole duties are the facilitation
of the First Lady’s social life. One wonders why she needs so much
help,at taxpayer expense, when even Hillary, only had three; Jackie
Kennedy one; Laura Bush one; and prior to Mamie Eisenhower social help
came from the President’s own pocket.
Note: This does not include makeup artist Ingrid Grimes-Miles, 49,
and “First Hairstylist” Johnny Wright, 31, both of whom traveled aboard
Air Force One to Europe .
FRIENDS…..THESE SALARIES ADD UP TO SIX MILLION, THREE HUNDRED SIXTY
FOUR THOUSAND DOLLARS ($6,364,000) FOR THE 4 YEARS OF OFFICE????? AND
WE ARE IN A RECESSION????? WELL….MOST OF US ARE. I GUESS IT’S OK TO
SPEND WILDLY WHEN IT’S NOT YOUR OWN MONEY?????
See Votes by State
News & Politics