OUR VIETNAM GENERATION TRAILER

SCOOP--RIP, MY DEAR MAX 2011/04/20 14:34:14
Related Topics: God, War, 000, Peace
THIS IS A TRAILER TO A DOCUMENTARY ABOUT THE VIETNAM SERVICEMEN. GOD BLESS THE MEN WHO SERVED IN THIS WAR. THEY WERE TREATED VERY BADLY BY THEIR FELLOW CITIZENS UPON THEIR RETURN TO THE STATES. OVER 60,000 GAVE THEIR LIFE DURING THIS WAR. MAY THOSE WHO SACRIFICED THEIR ALL REST IN PEACE AND MAY THE SURVIVORS OF THIS WAR BE BLESSED ABUNDANTLY. IF YOU SEE A VIETNAM VETERAN, THANK HIM AND SHOW HIM SOME LOVE AND GRATITUDE.

• Dora Rachael 2011/04/20 14:52:53
    Dora Rachael
    +3
    While leaving the grocery store a few months ago, I saw a man with no legs in a wheelchair. I went up to him and asked if I could give him a hug. He told me he lost his legs in the Viet Nam war. I asked him if I could buy him lunch and he was so thankful that he started crying. He said nobody had ever done that before. It just broke my heart. I took him to I-Hop and he so enjoyed the meal and I got to know this awesome man who lost so much and is treated so badly. God Bless all of Viet Nam vets for keeping us safe and free. I will continue to help in any way I can. The vets deserve much more than what they get!

• CuppaT Child of God 2011/04/20 16:46:20
    CuppaT   Child of God
    +2
    I have a brother who served in Nam. He went in a 19 year old boy, away from home for the first time and came back a bitter, old man. He has never been the sweet person he was. He now has a short-fuse, drinks way too much and looks at the world as his enemy.
  • nonpassive2 2011/04/20 15:17:30
    nonpassive2
    +2
    THANKS SCOOP..THERE ARE MANY NAM VETS STILL SUFFERING. BUT, WHEN WE CAME HOME. THERE WASN'T ANY SUPPORT SYSTEMS LIKE THERE ARE TODAY. YOU WERE LITTERALLY..SENT HOME. THAT IS WHY THERE WAS SUCH A PROBLEM WITH ALCOHOL/DRUGS. SELF MEDICATING WAS ABOUT ALL SOME OF US HAD.
  • SCOOP--... nonpass... 2011/04/20 19:45:51
    SCOOP--RIP, MY DEAR MAX
    +1
    You are very welcome. I graduated in 1963 and had friends who were in this war. My heart goes out to them. I loathe the way you all were treated. You all were just following orders. The citizens should be upset with the politicians. Today, for example, if the politicians would get out of the way, our military could win all three of these wars in a short period of time and our brave men and women could come home to their families
  • nonpass... SCOOP--... 2011/04/20 22:51:54
    nonpassive2
    +2
    SOME WARS ARENT DESIGNED TO WIN. AS FAR AS I AM CONCERNED VIET NAM WAS A TESTING GROUNDS AND WE WERE NOT ALLOWED TO WIN. IRAQ, AFGHANISTAN AND NOW LIBYA.... WARS CAN'T BE WON BACKING UP.... TO MUCH P.C....
  • Dora Rachael 2011/04/20 14:52:53
    Dora Rachael
    +3
  • SCOOP--... Dora Ra... 2011/04/20 14:54:18
    SCOOP--RIP, MY DEAR MAX
    +2
    Your response brought tears to my eyes. God bless you for what you did for this man and God bless him for what he did for America. Thank you so much for sharing your story.
  • Dora Ra... SCOOP--... 2011/04/20 15:22:01
    Dora Rachael
    +2
    Thank you. I now make lunches and take them to this awesome man whenever I can find him. It just breaks my heart to see how the vets are treated. I volunteer at a vet hospital twice a week and I hope that the little bit I do, helps to make even a little bit of difference. I just wish I could do more.
  • johnnywoo Dora Ra... 2011/04/20 16:53:32
    johnnywoo
    +1
    May the good Lord bless you Dora!
  • Dora Ra... johnnywoo 2011/04/21 14:29:14
  • SCOOP--... Dora Ra... 2011/04/20 22:53:16
    SCOOP--RIP, MY DEAR MAX
    +1
    That is so wonderful and I commend you for what you are doing. God will bless you for these wonderful deeds.

2014/10/23 04:57:22