Orson Scott Card blasts Dems and reporters: Is journalism dead?

Angie 2008/10/22 21:17:48
Orson Scott Card's column was brilliant. Damn those journalists!
I disagree with Orson Scott Card's column.
I think that Orson Scott Card's column...
Orson Scott Card wrote a fiery column for the Rhinoceros Times where he accused journalists of liberal media bias. I had no idea that this science fiction writer (Ender's Game, Speaker of the Dead) was also a political writer! Orson Scott Card may be a Democrat, but he does not hold any punches when he criticizes his party for contributing to the current financial crisis. His main target are the journalists, who he claims are more concerned about making their political party look good than about informing the public of the truth.

Read the Orson Scott Card article here. Republicans, don't say I never did anything for ya. =)

• Southern Man 2008/10/23 11:09:33
    Southern Man
    +4
    it must be about the truth........ in the end the truth will always come to lite

• I think that Orson Scott Card's column...
    ┌∩┐(◣_◢)Delibean ಠ_ಠ
    +1
    Havent read his column yet, but he is an amazing writer, arguably one of our times best.
  • Solarisann 2009/04/05 17:15:05
    Solarisann
    +2
    I agree. Wow, I knew Orson Scott Card was brilliant author, but I never knew he had good tastes in politics.
  • Angie 2008/10/29 23:14:00
    Angie
    I think Card makes some valid points, but I wouldn't go so far to say that journalistic integrity is anywhere near non-existent. Check out this somewhat amusing video of Bill Burton vs. Fox News:

• Bill - Buffalo Soldier 2008/10/29 01:34:25
    Bill - Buffalo Soldier
    +2
    Is excellent, really excellent - Now, let's see how much he is savaged - his tax records, and entire life ala Joe the Plumber.
  • fedupwithit 2008/10/24 23:44:39 (edited)
    fedupwithit
    +1
    I have no idea who this guy is. Now Joe Klein, John Alter, and Johnny Apple world renowned NY Times reporter (political) (Ref: The Boys on the Bus) are journalists I would trust about what's going to happen.
  • Solarisann fedupwi... 2009/04/05 17:16:17
    Solarisann
    +1
    Orson Scott Card is the best author ever.
  • crazylady 2008/10/23 23:18:51 (edited)
    crazylady
    +2
    It appears that there is one honest Democrate that will speak out and tell it like it is.

I am so sick of the media.

Obama is throwing a 2 million dollar election nite party. This money could have went to a worthy cause such as cancer research , etc. We may have found a cure. I am a Democrate, but thanks to Obama, Pelosi, Frank,Dodd I will no longer respect the Party .
  • fedupwi... crazylady 2008/10/24 23:49:17
    fedupwithit
    +1
    Here, let me help you crazylady: (LOL)
    Democrat; night; Democrat; Frank, and Dod; no capitalization here, it's: party.
    If you are a Democrat, then I'm a Republican.....NOT. LOL
    Check it:
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/2...

capitalization party democrat republican lol check httpwww msnbc msn comid2
  • Ana 2008/10/23 18:27:47 (edited)
    Ana
    +2
    You are 100% right! the mainstream media is totally biased. It has lean to the far-left. Journalism is dead and with it, healthy diversity of ideas. It is starting to look a lot like fascism...Why did Obama retrieve his thesis at Columbia? What did it contain? Why is Michelle Obama's thesis also "Missing in Action"? What information within those documents they don't want us the people to know? Why doesn't the media research about Barck Obama's Muslim faith and radicalism? What are they afraid to find? All these questions are unanswered. Journalism is dead! Vote McCain Palin!
  • sam i am~i am sam! 2008/10/23 15:50:48
  • rushforpres 2008/10/23 14:04:45
    rushforpres
    +2
    He makes good points.
  • Let Freedom Ring 2008/10/23 13:47:11
    Let Freedom Ring
    +3
    Turncoats are what they are! Using the airwaves to their advantage and not reporting the truth, only what "they" wish us to believe! In a sense, they are no better than Acorn!
    Deceivers!
  • ┌∩┐(◣_◢... Let Fre... 2009/07/11 03:50:14
    ┌∩┐(◣_◢)Delibean ಠ_ಠ
    +1
    both parties have been guilty of this act. I dont approve either way.
  • Bewildered~Proud Republican 2008/10/23 13:33:31
    Bewildered~Proud Republican
    +3
    The liberal media have been in obama's back pocket for awhile. Money talks.
  • Seonag 2008/10/23 13:12:52
    Seonag
    +2
    I've e-mailed the link to all my friends. Maybe there is hope for the 'press' and 'media' if more people like him speak up!
  • Southern Man 2008/10/23 11:09:33
    Southern Man
    +4
  • Gwama- Patriot † In God We... 2008/10/23 03:13:45
    Gwama- Patriot  † In God We Trust †
    +2
    The article was so right on ! I had to share it with freinds at work that are for Obama! cards column brilliant damn journalists article share freinds work obama
  • big di 2008/10/23 00:28:46
    big di
    +3
    ...WAS brilliant. But I'm not gonna go so far as to damn all journalists because many of them do have a distinctly liberal bent (heck, I've done a fair bit of writing for publication myself). Media personalities, because they have the public's attention, have an obligation to their profession to report in as unbiased a fashion as they can. There is a difference between NEWS and OP-ED (opinion/editorial), and journalists have a duty to make sure their listeners/viewers/readers KNOW which of the two they are "absorbing."
  • feretta 2008/10/23 00:07:25
    feretta
    +1
    is too unknown to me.
  • Linnaeus 2008/10/22 23:54:08
    Linnaeus
    +1
    I don't know about the column; it does seem that recently the corporate media have realized that it is in their own best interest if the Republicans are forced out of office. This constitutes an absolutely enormous change.

If I live to be 100, no amount of perceived "liberal media bias" could possibly make up for what the country experienced during the run-up to the invasion of Iraq in 2002/2003.
  • ray 2008/10/22 23:45:53
    ray
    +1
    Liberal journalists are not the only ones who should be ashamed of themselves. The "journalists" at Fox "News" feed the public lies, rumors, and "half-truths" in order to smear the Democrats. Personally I find the best source for news is the AP.
  • Solarisann ray 2009/04/05 17:18:39
    Solarisann
    Yes, but nobody in their right mind listens to Fox.
  • Hula girl - Friends not Fol... 2008/10/22 23:36:10 (edited)
    Hula girl - Friends not Followers
    +2
    It will only get worse if Obama gets in, have you seen the dish networks OBAMA channel where when a commercial comes on the message tells you to go channel 73.
  • MJ 2008/10/22 23:18:33
    MJ
    +1
    Journalism is biased and that can't be refuted. The question of whose bias you want to buy into is your own. Republicans blame the "liberal media" while Democrats blast away at the Rush Limbaugh's of the world. It's hard to blame Obama who is a first term senator when, as the article says, it was Chris Dowd and Barney Frank who introduced and ran this legislation through back in the 1990's (long before Obama was in Washington!).
  • Tiger Annie. AMERICAN. . w... 2008/10/22 23:11:45
    Tiger Annie.  AMERICAN. . waving the flag!
    +1
    More and more papers are closing or reducing staff and with the rise of the internet news, journalists are a dying breed. How sad. Glad I didn't go into journalism now.
  • DADDYFATS61 2008/10/22 22:07:56
    DADDYFATS61
    +3
    The media is a second campaign headquarters for Barack Hussein Obama,this not just against MCCAIN either it's against all opponents of Barack Hussein Obama.I'm a Democrat against Obama(Oh shit I'm the racist).

PUMAPAC DEMOCRAT---PartyUnityMyAss
  • crazylady DADDYFA... 2008/10/23 23:23:54
    crazylady
    I guess i must be racist also Darrell
  • Maverick 2008/10/22 21:43:58
    Maverick
    +2
    I cast my vote for Obama because I actually think he will be a better President than McCain not because I blame the republicans for our economic problems.
  • DADDYFA... Maverick 2008/10/22 22:12:19
    DADDYFATS61
    +2
    Maverick I firmly believe your wrong,BUT should Obama get elected I Pray your right,and I'm an agnostic.
  • crazylady Maverick 2008/10/23 23:26:47
    crazylady
    when will Democrate's get it thru their head the republicans did not create 90% of our economic problems. My fellow democrat's polesi, frank, dodd, and Omamas friend Raines are the ones.
  • Sammy the Hatchet 2008/10/22 21:36:33
    Sammy the Hatchet
    +1
    Its all true
  • jacktown kid 2008/10/22 21:32:47
    jacktown kid
    Sucks the Big DICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...
  • crazylady jacktow... 2008/10/23 23:27:39
    crazylady
    like you will!!!!
  • Smartass 2008/10/22 21:22:26
  • militarymomof2 2008/10/22 21:20:34
    militarymomof2
    +1
    One sided Liberals.

2014/07/30 07:16:28