O'Reilly Blames Gays, Abortion For The 'War On Christmas': Do You Agree With Him?

American☆Atheist 2012/12/08 04:22:10

• Shokk Me Please 2012/12/16 03:55:24
    no
    Shokk Me Please
    My dog's name is Reilly. She has more class. He is, like the rest, a paid meme spreading division generating tool. Purposeful distraction.
  • Veni Vidi 2012/12/11 12:29:26 (edited)
    no
    Veni Vidi
    How about we blame Christmas and religion for war on gays?
  • just some random guy 2012/12/10 03:23:48
  • Bacci 2012/12/09 14:02:36
    no
    Bacci
    Not unless the Gay person is a Militant Atheist as well. It's the big mouth, cry baby, whining Militant Atheists who are to blame.
  • Kookieless The Sexy Nihilis... 2012/12/09 07:30:32
  • elijahin24 2012/12/09 01:52:50
    no
    elijahin24
    Bill O'Reilly is a moron.
  • leslie 2012/12/08 21:40:20
    no
    leslie
    No He is a Pompous-ass Windbag that has nothing better to do than cause division and hatred among people.
  • Xerxes 2012/12/08 17:30:11
    no
    Xerxes
    He is a talking head; a shock jock; stringing certain terms together to elicit a certain response. Unfortunately can never rid ourselves of this, oreilly leaves there will be thousands in line to take his place and trade their dignity and integrity for money
  • iamthemob ~ the 444th Guru ~ 2012/12/08 17:08:34
    no
    iamthemob ~ the 444th Guru ~
    +1
    BECAUSE THERE IS NO WAR ON CHRISTMAS.
  • Rob Clary 2012/12/08 16:00:48
    no
    Rob Clary
    +3
    Bill is wrong as usual.
    I know a gay abortion doctor who offers 30% off every Christmas.
  • Chris- ... Rob Clary 2012/12/08 17:13:57
    Chris- Demon of the PHAET
    +1
    LMAO!!!
  • sue 2012/12/08 15:33:38
    no
    sue
    +2
    It seems to me that it doesn't take much to tip Christian's off their perch. They seem to be staying awake at night worrying what Non Christian's are doing. Why? Is it a They should be more like the Amish or the Hassidic Jews, and keep to themselves, consentrate on their God and leave those who don't believe or don't beleive to the extreme, alone.
  • realist 2012/12/08 14:58:45
    yes
    realist
    Anything that doesn't gel with the 'general' Christian interpretation of bible has contributed.
  • leslie realist 2012/12/08 21:40:03
  • elijahin24 realist 2012/12/09 01:53:51
    elijahin24
    Did you choose that name to be ironic?
  • realist elijahin24 2012/12/09 04:09:19
    realist
    Did you ask that question expecting me to react?
  • elijahin24 realist 2012/12/09 04:29:13
    elijahin24
    You did.
  • realist elijahin24 2012/12/09 04:40:44
    realist
    Oh no; i'm genuinely interested.
  • elijahin24 realist 2012/12/09 04:44:57
    elijahin24
    You call yourself "realist", while believing in a mythical war on a mythical deity, by people, many of whom also believe in that same mythical deity. So yes, I DO think it's ironic.
  • realist elijahin24 2012/12/09 04:48:26
    realist
    I wasn't genuinely interested fool, GTFO lol
  • elijahin24 realist 2012/12/09 06:56:35
    elijahin24
    Calling ME a fool? I see you're sticking with that "irony" theme.
  • realist elijahin24 2012/12/09 09:29:48
    realist
    Best leave your butt-hurt at the door
  • elijahin24 elijahin24 2012/12/09 18:01:24
    elijahin24
    Imagine my surprise that this tool is a blocker.
  • Shokk M... realist 2012/12/16 03:56:57
    Shokk Me Please
    Read the book.... Jesus it made me an atheist.
  • Bill 2012/12/08 14:39:58
    yes
    Bill
    Absolutely right. I watch him every time he is on. I saw that show and applauded his critique of the War On Christmas.
  • leslie Bill 2012/12/08 21:40:01
  • Bill leslie 2012/12/08 21:46:40
    Bill
    toidi
  • elijahin24 Bill 2012/12/09 01:55:00
    elijahin24
    +1
    Of course you do. Don't you find it strange that HE is the only person fighting this war? No, you probably don't, because you probably don't watch any actual NEWS.
  • Bill elijahin24 2012/12/09 15:45:36
    Bill
    I do. I watch Fox (FNC, FBN) all the time. Can't people display a customary Christmas tree without everyone else thinking it's some kind of marauding Crusade? It's just a display and not a conversion processing station for non-Christians.
    Go tell the Muslims that there can be no public display of Ramadan. They will hand you your head...literally. It's easy to pick out a target (Christians) who collapse when attacked and won't fight back. Very brave of you. Tell the Muslims that they should go to Subway and get something to eat during Ramadan...see what happens to you. LOL
  • elijahin24 Bill 2012/12/09 18:13:30
  • Bill elijahin24 2012/12/09 18:47:31
    Bill
    Go after the Muslims at the University of Michigan, then. They're using tax dollars, even though indirectly, through the university general fund, to bath their feet as part of a religious ceremony. Islam is being favored above other religions with taxpayer money. And it only costs $25,000. Go tell the Muslims to pull it out because it violates the separation of church and state. LOL You wouldn't live too much longer after that. But, at least, do try. Even if it's just an angry letter to the Muslim student body. Go ahead.

http://www.debbieschlussel.co...
    EXCLUSIVE: So Long Church/State Separation: University of Michigan to Fund Muslim Footbaths
    That money is coming from the University of Michigan-Dearborn general fund. That means, if you are a taxpayer, you’re paying for them, as the general fund is made up of federal and state monies and paid tuition fees.
  • elijahin24 Bill 2012/12/09 19:53:00
    elijahin24
    I'll do that. Now you do something for me: Stop acting like you are persecuted. You aren't.
  • Bill elijahin24 2012/12/09 21:04:24
    Bill
    Good luck with your protest. Might I also say...........DUCK!!!!!!
  • elijahin24 Bill 2012/12/10 03:09:53
    elijahin24
    Good luck getting over yourself.
  • Bill elijahin24 2012/12/10 12:54:24
    Bill
    LOL You're the type that will protest wildly and say that the Muslims have every right to build that Islamic Cordoba Center (named after a city in Spain which the Muslims conquored and settled) in NYCC but are the first to be offended by a Christmas tree. You should just learn to get over it (and yourself.)
  • elijahin24 Bill 2012/12/10 17:01:51
    elijahin24
    Do you know what the difference is between the Cordoba Center, and the Christmas tree is? The Cordoba Center was going to be on PRIVATE property. And I'm not offended by the Christmas tree, when it is on PRIVATE property. You can do just about anything you want on private property.
  • Shokk M... Bill 2012/12/16 04:02:29
    Shokk Me Please
    Everyone should think about how silly it is to think that of all the humans who have lived, they just happen to believe "proper".... Fox news does it's job well, as does it's counterparts in the Muslim world..... Divide and obfuscate.
  • Bill Shokk M... 2012/12/16 13:52:28 (edited)
    Bill
    Christians just happen to believe. They don't need interference from people who do not believe as they do. There is not attempt to convert. Have you ever felt as if you wanted to convert or become MORE Christian because you saw a Christmas tree or manger scene?
  • Shokk M... Bill 2012/12/16 14:36:32
  • Bill Shokk M... 2012/12/16 16:02:31 (edited)
    Bill
    +1
    Not quite true. Sure, legislators follow a certain "moral" calling. Some oppose abortion on moral AND Christian beliefs. Some, such as Caroline Kennedy, try to push abortion BASED on their Christian (in this case Catholic) beliefs. Were tied on that one. I, too, believe in Science but there is a guidance and comfort that religion brings to some people other than us. It is innately important to put that moral guidance (or as you might say, "moral leash") in effect in a society. I do recognize that it can go overboard and also become an interference such as not being able to teach evolution in the schools and attempt to impose the bogus ideas of the Institute for Creation Research (Sullivan, Gish, et. al.) or Intelligent Design. These ideas and beliefs actually impede science and knowledge due to trying to impose simple, Biblical "concepts" and attempting to wrap them around science.
    The Bible as science? Naw. Because the Bible says that "he sat above the circle of the earth" does not impute religion to science. Besides, the earth is a sphere and that was discovered by non-Christian Greeks.
    I get your point and understand your fears about "fanatical" religious beliefs but there are times when you can let go (as I have) and not see every celebration put on by ANY religion as a thre...

I get your point and understand your fears about "fanatical" religious beliefs but there are times when you can let go (as I have) and not see every celebration put on by ANY religion as a threat to science or secularism.
    When it is "in your face", combat it. If it's just another passing day of celebration, let it go. Here is an example of "in your face" that I combated:
    A fanatical Baptist asked me, "Since God created man first and woman last, do you think that God loves men more and that women were created as an afterthought?" I immediately had an answer for him. I said, First, Aquinas will rightfully tell us that God has no past and no future and exists in the Eternal Present. Thus He is incapable, though all powerful, of having an afterthought. Second, God created the plants and animals before Man, so did he create Man as an afterthought and therefore He loves the plants and animals more than Man? Third, after all of His prior creations, He created woman, not from the dust as all the other things, including Man, but from the rib of the pinnacle of His creation, Man. Maybe God saved the best for last.
    It was an inarguable thesis. All he could say was, "Very good, Bill." and walked away.
    I didn't need name calling and invective. One needs reason and being able to argue against such as the formulation of the ICR. They are wrong and they know they are wrong but their belief system allows them to pursue these untruths for the SAKE of their beliefs. It's sad but it has to be dealt with rationally. Don't fall into their trap. All you will be mounting is an unwinnable Crusade.

2014/10/26 01:57:41