Oregon Department Of Justice Investigating Bakery Owners After They Decline To Make Same-Sex Wedding Cake… Should this business be required to make Homosexual wedding cakes ?

CAPISCE 2013/02/03 13:44:36
Hell NO
yes
must have missed it, when did we start passing liberal blasphemy laws?
GRESHAM, Ore (KGW) — The Oregon Department of Justice is looking into a complaint that a Gresham bakery refused to make a wedding cake for a same sex marriage.

It started on Jan. 17 when a mother and daughter showed up at Sweet Cakes by Melissa looking for the perfect wedding cake.

“My first question is what’s the wedding date,” said owner Aaron Klein. “My next question is bride and groom’s name … the girl giggled a little bit and said it’s two brides.”

Klein apologized to the women and told them he and his wife do not make cakes for same-sex marriages. Klein said the women were disgusted and walked out.

“I believe that marriage is a religious institution ordained by God,” said Klein. “A man should leave his mother and father and cling to his wife … that to me is the beginning of marriage.”

At the advice of their attorney, the women are not speaking to the media, but they have plenty of support. Numerous people have blasted the Klein’s on the internet.

What Klein wants to make clear is that he and his wife do not hate homosexuals.
“They can buy my stuff,” said Klein. “I’ll sell them stuff … I’ll talk to them, it’s fine.”

What is not fine, according to Klein, is a marriage between people of the same sex. He will always stand by that conviction.

“I’d rather have my kids see their dad stand up for what he believes in then to see him bow down because one person complained.”

• Broken 2013/02/03 13:51:19
    Hell NO
    Broken
    +13
    Gays don't just want the right to marry, they want to shove it in your face and force you to comply with them and act as though their perverse lifestyle is simply lovely. As a former business owner, I know that they put a target on the heads of businesses that are not gay friendly to put you out of business. This is one more example of this kind of tyrrany. In Liberal Oregon, it would be absolutely NO problem for them to find someone who would willingly provide the service they wanted. They specifically want this place to shut down because they do not agree with gay marriage.

• sneekyfoot 2013/02/06 21:59:30
    yes
    sneekyfoot
    we could make them with real man-naze how would that be?
  • littlebuffalo55TBA 2013/02/05 21:47:18
    Hell NO
    littlebuffalo55TBA
    +1
    Just as gays should have rights so should small business owners! It more than appears this was a polite exchange. Many businesses refuse what they are not capable of or comfortable with for a variety of reasons everyday.
  • Car1u5~PWCM~JLA 2013/02/04 21:21:43
    Hell NO
    Car1u5~PWCM~JLA
    +3
    it is the bakeries choice.
  • skowcog 2013/02/04 15:03:13
    yes
    skowcog
    +1
    Gay people have been around since the beggining of time. I find this to be bad for business and also just a bit draconian.
  • BULLDOG... skowcog 2013/02/04 23:14:01 (edited)
    BULLDOGBlacksmith
    +1
    And forcing people to do things against their will is not draconian? gay people will always be around and people who disagree with their lifestyle will also be around. some people believe that forcing acceptance is fine I do not. you have the right to disagree and not accept others if you wish. it does not mean I agree with those who refuse to accept others as they are I simply believe in their right to believe as they wish.
  • skowcog BULLDOG... 2013/02/05 00:38:11
    skowcog
    Yes you are right you can't force anyone to accept something they don't believe in. He says he is setting an example for his children but I hope for this man sake and his childs, he never has a child that is gay. That child will be tormented for a good many years before he is able to accept himself.
  • CAPISCE skowcog 2013/02/04 23:34:01
    CAPISCE
    Really? Gay cavemen ? Prove it
  • skowcog CAPISCE 2013/02/05 00:18:27 (edited)
    skowcog
    You absolutely know that I can not. LOL! However, I contend that a certain part of any civilization has had gay people. I believe they are part of the whole picture of humanity. What I don't like about the gay community is that at every chance they get they shove their lifestyle in your face. That I can not abide by. They are trying to force people into accepting them and using the government to force acceptance. This kind of thing won't work in the long run it will only cause more division. In my world, those two gay people would go elsewhere and find someone that would and all would be right with the world.
  • CAPISCE skowcog 2013/02/05 00:42:17
    CAPISCE
    "You absolutely know that I can not." nuff said
    I say there were no Gays until the environment and society changed--Darwin sides with me other than cases of abnormality's, birth defects in nature
  • skowcog CAPISCE 2013/02/05 01:07:59
    skowcog
    Let me accept that premise for the purpose of dicussion,.. then what are we to do with them? They are here and are human beings should they not have a right to happiness and to not be discriminated against?
  • CAPISCE skowcog 2013/02/05 13:38:28
    CAPISCE
    I never said that, sure all people have a right to be happy. The problem with the Homosexual community is they won't be honest--everyone is born Gay is simply not true. Why is it such a problem for someone like Cynthia Nixon who admitted she was Homosexual by choice? I have lived long enough to have had many friends admit to me they are Gay/Lesbian by choice
  • skowcog CAPISCE 2013/02/05 14:51:14
    skowcog
    I don't doubt your experiences. And yes some is by choice especially in the Lesbian community. But for a lot it is not. I went to art school and have lived a lot of time in cities, a good percentage of my friends were Gay. Not one of them said to me it came to them as a surprise. Most knew that they were different ( not knowing such a thing as being Gay) even as children. Maybe it is a anomaly, a 2% of total population, anomaly. They seek acceptance albeit aggressively, which I am not down with but nonetheless these anomalies have always existed. What I don't like is that they are always pushing themselves on everyone. Really a Gay parade what for? It seems silly to me especially at this date in history.
  • CAPISCE skowcog 2013/02/05 15:05:20
    CAPISCE
    I lived in Philly, NYC, Detroit, and Tampa---in my experience it's closer to 50%, keep in mind many younger Homosexuals feel pressure from the Homosexual community to claim they were born Homosexual, as they get older they get honest.
    I will go a step further---I personally know 6 people now married with Children who at one time in there youth swore they were born Homosexual
  • skowcog CAPISCE 2013/02/05 18:53:19
    skowcog
    I actually don't know anyone that was but isn't now. I know a lot of women that were hetero and are now homosexual. Which is still difficult for me to understand. That is actually a shocking revelation. Maybe in todays climate that is the case. Most of my empirical evidence comes from the 80's, pre-Aids. So maybe things are different now. I can't imagine wanting to be gay. It is a difficult life to always be outside the norm.
  • CAPISCE skowcog 2013/02/06 01:40:46
    CAPISCE
    You must not have many friends----believe what you wish
  • skowcog CAPISCE 2013/02/06 02:08:40
    skowcog
    I have plenty of friends!

I also have a gay step-son. Who I am very proud of not because of who he chooses to love, but because he is a man of integrity and ethics. He comports himself in a manner that any parent would be proud of, but I know from talking with him at length that he didn't want to be gay. He just is!
  • CAPISCE skowcog 2013/02/06 14:11:35
    CAPISCE
    Like I said some people are born Homosexual---it's an X Y Chromosome disorder. If you don't like the word disorder I'm sorry but the alternate word is more offensive in my opinion
  • olylift 2013/02/04 09:37:52
  • MadMax 2013/02/04 01:04:42
    Hell NO
    MadMax
    It's his choice to be a dumbass and turn down money.
  • Christena Withers 2013/02/03 23:43:22
    yes
    Christena Withers
    Per Oregon law (§ 659A.403) regarding the prohibition of discrimination in a place of public accommodation, “…all persons within the jurisdiction of this state are entitled to the full and equal accommodations, advantages, facilities and privileges of any place of public accommodation, without any distinction, discrimination or restriction on account of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status or age if the individual is 18 years of age or older. … It is an unlawful practice for any person to deny full and equal accommodations, advantages, facilities and privileges of any place of public accommodation in violation of this section.” See http://www.oregonlaws.org/ors...
  • CAPISCE Christe... 2013/02/04 04:51:54
    CAPISCE
    Public accommodations !
  • THE One... Christe... 2013/02/04 18:00:32
  • EDWARD G 2013/02/03 21:41:31
    Hell NO
    EDWARD G
    +4
    There is no constitutional right to a wedding cake. At least not yet/
  • CAPISCE EDWARD G 2013/02/03 22:36:36
    CAPISCE
    lol
  • shane 2013/02/03 20:49:03
    Hell NO
    shane
    +2
    Its a better business practice to expand instead of limit your clientele, but it is his business and he should have the liberty to run it as such. That is the beauty of Free Market Capitalism.....He can make his own choice and the public can choose not to support his business again. The legal system should just leave it to the market to judge.
  • The Aging Yankee Liberal Do... 2013/02/03 20:11:34
  • Casey 2013/02/03 19:41:07 (edited)
    Hell NO
    Casey
    +2
    What a horrible waste of time and tax-payer money. Has Oregon solved all of their hard crime problems and this is all they have left to do? Look, its a private business. They can serve whoever they want. One can disagree all they want but it's still their right. How about you vote with your dollars and take them elsewhere?
  • James 2013/02/03 19:23:35
    Hell NO
    James
    +2
    The government has no business messing around with business.
  • kfallslady 2013/02/03 18:54:33
    Hell NO
    kfallslady
  • ed 2013/02/03 18:12:51
    Hell NO
    ed
    +1
    they can look but that's it
  • Rick 2013/02/03 17:44:33
    Hell NO
    Rick
    +2
    If it was my business these idiots and State/ Fed gov can KMFA!!!!
  • Thom Payne Rick 2013/02/03 17:47:59
    Thom Payne
    +1
    If your A was Fing then you wouldn't have a problem with same sex marriages.
  • Rick Thom Payne 2013/02/04 02:40:27
  • Thom Payne Rick 2013/02/04 13:18:20
    Thom Payne
    Ever consider that no one wants to hear from your ignorant ass?

According to the Bible, we are all sinners and are not to judge unless we want to be judged.
  • THE One... Thom Payne 2013/02/04 18:01:15
  • Thom Payne THE One... 2013/02/04 18:29:11
    Thom Payne
    And you.
  • THE One... Thom Payne 2013/02/04 18:31:35
  • Thom Payne THE One... 2013/02/04 23:54:13
    Thom Payne
    No, says someone who recognizes when he is speaking to the ignorant (willfully uninformed).
  • THE One... Thom Payne 2013/02/05 13:11:37
  • Thom Payne THE One... 2013/02/05 19:35:12
    Thom Payne
    No, my definition of ignorance is someone who specifically ignores facts in lieu of misinformation, deception, spin and outright lies.

See: THE One.

2014/11/23 20:18:03