One Trillion Dollars ($1,000,000,000,000)....Do you know how much $ that really is?

EagleEye 2009/03/21 16:14:19
I had no idea it was so much money....How do I get some of it!
Holy Cow (no pun intended)....Maybe we should think twice before printing that money!
Print it....the more the better....soon China will own all our money...then declare it worthless...and China goes broke...we win!
Wow...this is a bad idea...I had no idea how much money that really is!
Here's an easy way to figure it: If you spend One Million Dollars ($1,000,000,000) a day from the day Jesus Christ was born....you would only have spent $733 Billion Dollars ($1,000,000,000 x 365 x 2009 yrs = $733,285,000,000,000).

Do you think our government is crazy? (Not a political statement, but a practical one)

• Veeka 2009/04/03 21:55:02
    Veeka
    +1
    shoot they need to come up off more than the stimulus money they giving out
  • JivinGene 2009/03/24 03:36:28
    JivinGene
    +1
    doesnt really matter, it is more than i will ever see in my life time
  • Bear 2009/03/22 00:24:59
    Bear
    but if you stack $100 bills toward the moon will $1 trillion be enough?
  • rockso 2009/03/21 22:52:48
    Print it....the more the better....soon China will own all our money...then d...
    rockso
    +1
    Maybe we finally need to hit rock bottom so those who do all the endless spending (congress and US citizens) will realize that it doesn't grow on trees.
  • FLBabe 2009/03/21 22:14:22
    Holy Cow (no pun intended)....Maybe we should think twice before printing tha...
    FLBabe
    +1
    I've never seen a Congress and Administration so hellbent on spending money we don't have. This cast of clowns is even worse than the last, although, we have had basically the same Congress since 2006. Now maybe Americans will understand the term Tax and Spend Liberal. They are even worse than Tax and Spend RINOS, because the Libs are hypocrites about it. I'm glad I'm not associated with either party, because there is barely a difference in public and NONE WHATSOEVER behind closed doors.

rinos libs hypocrites glad party barely difference public closed doors
  • suz 2009/03/21 21:33:10
    suz
    +1
    It's just hard to believe how much they are spending..we have to stop this now!
    TEA'd off Americans urged to participate in peaceful protest
    A pro-family organization is planning TEA parties nationwide on April 15, ‘09
    but the events, designed to send a strong~PEACEFUL message
    to the White House and Congress.
    The rallies are called Taxed Enough Already, or TEA, parties that will be
    held in 1,000 cities across the nation. People are being asked to
    gather at their city hall during the lunch hour-invite friends & family
    on Tax Day. Similar gatherings have taken place in cities across the U.S., as tens of thousands have turned out to protest wasteful government spending and President Barack Obama's "stimulus" package.

Don Wildmon, founder and chairman of the sponsoring American Family Association,
    says the TEA parties have touched a nerve with average Americans.

"There's a tax rebellion coming if Congress and the president do not deal properly with this," says Wildmon. "I think that President Obama has gotten himself a problem that is above his pay grade -- and we're just hoping that people will respond."

In a press release, Wildmon says Washington's economic solution thus far could have detrimental effects on families for generations. "We cannot spend our way out of debt," states the...""

to the White House and Congress.

In a press release, Wildmon says Washington's economic solution thus far could have detrimental effects on families for generations. "We cannot spend our way out of debt," states the AFA leader, "and we find it immoral to pile debt on our great-grandchildren."

The April protests are inspired by the Boston Tea Party in December 1773, an incident which protested British taxation on the American colonies without representation in Parliament. An Internet site for the rallies is TeaPartyDay.com.
  • Silverback 2009/03/21 21:19:15
    Silverback
    +1
    Even with the little slip (Your result shoudl be 733 trillion) I agree with you. Congress is playing with our money and our future likes it Monopoly Money and I for one am beyond anger. Count me as an enraged taxpayer.
  • EagleEye Silverback 2009/03/22 01:22:54
    EagleEye
    Not so....Billions have between 9 - 12 zero's!
  • Silverback EagleEye 2009/03/22 05:16:10
    Silverback
    +1
    ($1,000,000,000 x 365 x 2009 yrs = $733,285,000,000,000).
    in the above from your statement you multiple 1 billion (1,000,000,000) by 365 by 2009 instead of 1,000,000 (1 million) that moves your results over by three decimal points and makes the result trillions. Plug in 1 million and it will come out right.

Not trying to give you a hard time, but liberals are always on us over mistakes like this so we need to help each other stay on target. Just trying to help not be a critic.
  • EagleEye Silverback 2009/03/22 22:27:16
    EagleEye
    +1
    thanks...typo or just tired of all those digits...answers right - figures in Q. wrong!
  • Silverback EagleEye 2009/03/22 22:42:50
    Silverback
    +1
    Thats cool no problem. I did understand and can see the point you are making.
  • michellenicole(theveganvixen) 2009/03/21 20:25:58
    michellenicole(theveganvixen)
    +1
    :-o
    ??? I posted this too! Go look and see what it looks like next to a human lol gogogogo! :-P
  • Roxie 2009/03/21 18:21:12
    Roxie
    We can't go back and undo Reagonomics, The Trickel down theory or the wasteful spending and free lunce deals of Bush 2 so now the mess is ours to cleanup!
    Facts are facts! spending free lunce deals bush 2 mess cleanup facts facts
  • Mindles... Roxie 2009/03/21 20:46:22
    Mindlesspartyhack
    You don't think giving money to banks and corporations is trickle down economics.
    Who is the we that is fixing the mess?
  • Roxie Mindles... 2009/03/22 04:34:51
    Roxie
    Like Reagan/ Bush1/Bush too have done?????
    BWaaaaaaa!
    P reagan bush1bush bwaaaaaaa lease
  • Mindles... Roxie 2009/03/22 17:24:13
    Mindlesspartyhack
    still waiting for a reply
  • Spider20 2009/03/21 17:26:43
    Spider20
    Yep, I have a pretty good idea, and it's insane.........asking for more trouble........
  • beachbum 2009/03/21 16:56:49
    beachbum
    A trillion seconds (as in 60 of them in one minute) is over 31,500 years.
  • *Zoe*[HisLittleRose] 2009/03/21 16:32:42 (edited)
    *Zoe*[HisLittleRose]
    +1
    And our national debt is over 10 trillion dollars...crazy.
  • Margo 2009/03/21 16:28:32
    Margo
    +1
    A million only has six zeros in it. . .if you meant a billion, then that's 733 trillion dollars.
  • EagleEye Margo 2009/03/21 16:50:32 (edited)
    EagleEye
    +1
    Stay in school!........Yes a million has 6 zero's.....but after 999 million comes billions with 9-12 zero's...then my friend comes trillions 6 zeros 999 billions 9-12 zeros friend trillions
  • Margo EagleEye 2009/03/22 00:39:54
    Margo
    +1
    Here's replacing what you said with the numbers in extended form.

Here's an easy way to figure it: If you spend One Million Dollars ($One Billion) a day from the day Jesus Christ was born....you would only have spent $733 Billion Dollars ($One billion x three-hundred sixty-five x two-thousand nine yrs = $Seven-hundred thirty-three trillion two-hundred eighty-five billion). . .
  • Krystle 2009/03/21 16:20:21 (edited)
    Krystle
    +1
    Um well, if they are handing out test samples to people I am ready and willing to see how quick it takes me to spend it. I have loans that need to be paid back to school so help a student out. And I did have some clue it was out there.
  • Whackoslovakian ⇜ǷђÀ3†⇝ 2009/03/21 16:19:42
    Whackoslovakian  ⇜ǷђÀ3†⇝
    +1
    Yeah I know how much it is

Everyone is crazy XD This has been building up and up and up for yeeaaarrrsss
  • EagleEye 2009/03/21 16:17:55 (edited)
    EagleEye
    I was amazed at how much money that really is...maybe we should think before PRINTING several Trillion dollars of debt....what if it doesn't work?

2014/11/21 16:42:45