One of the "perks" of a socialist country: GREEK NEO-NAZI PARTY SURGES IN POPULARITY. Is that surprising given the fact that the German socialist party was the Nazi Party?

tncdel 2012/09/21 02:12:43
See:
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/disturbing-development-greek-...German socialists Nazi Party

But let the Socialists tell it and they will swear Nazis aren't a Socialist party.

• Daring Blasphemer BN-0 2012/09/21 03:22:46
    NO, that isn't at all surprising [comment as you wish].
    Daring Blasphemer BN-0
    +5
    You are confusing ACTUAL socialism with Nazi's calling themselves socialist. You see Hitler rounded up and shot the actual socialists along with the communists and gypsies.
    It is an easy mistake to make. Also, a 'socialist' country as you are using the term (Totalitarian) would not allow the rise of ANY rival faction. You need a democracy or republic before dissident groups can rise without a civil war.

YES, that is surprising to me [explain why].
    some use symbols for good , others for evil
    example:
    wave flag for war
    custer's flag was waved for killing innocents that were lied to
  • Angi 2012/09/21 17:00:53
    Angi
    Neo Nazi groups operate in many countries. But Socialism is not Nazism. If you look at some reports Nazis resembled something more like a cult, and Hitler was considered something like a saviour figure. National Socialism is not Socialism, and Hitler rounded up people that were opposed to him, some of them were socialist.
  • Joe Shwingding BN-ZERO 2012/09/21 15:59:53
    Joe Shwingding BN-ZERO
    impossible to tie "socialism" with "nazism" no matter how acrobatic you are. Who was Germany's ally in WWII? Who's interests where they aligned with? Yeah ... having a hard time connecting the dots on Socialism now?
  • Claise 2012/09/21 10:12:09
    Claise
    go and educate yourself before you ask any questions!
  • KingdomNow 2012/09/21 05:10:54 (edited)
    KingdomNow
    I studied history...The German Nazis were socialists with nationalist/racist agendas. Hitler was a class warfare, anti-Capitalism proponent who hated Christianity but he said whatever it took to appeal to patriots in Germany.

Edit: The swastika had it roots in ancient mysticism and was popular as it was used to effectively deface the Star of David.
  • reaper 2012/09/21 04:37:37
    reaper
    +2
    once again, some moron believes nazis are socialists.
  • goatman112003 2012/09/21 04:18:13
    goatman112003
    The name was National Socialist German Workers Party. Of course it was socialist just like the Democratic party is today.
  • Heptarch 2012/09/21 04:16:48
    Heptarch
    +3
    It's surprising to me that you don't know the difference between Socialism and Fascism.
  • lurx: the soda jerk 2012/09/21 03:41:27 (edited)
    lurx: the soda jerk
    +2
    Fascism is the same as Socialism?

fascism socialism

A strong opponent of racism, in 1937 Chaplin decided to make a film on the dangers of fascism. As Chaplin pointed out in his autobiography, attempts were made to stop the film being made: "Half-way through making The Great Dictator I began receiving alarming messages from United Artists. They had been advised by the Hays Office that I would run into censorship trouble. Also the English office was very concerned about an anti-Hitler picture and doubted whether it could be shown in Britain. But I was determined to go ahead, for Hitler must be laughed at." However, by the time The Great Dictator was finished, Britain was at war with Germany and it was used as propaganda against Hitler.

http://www.spartacus.schoolne...

...oddly enough "The Great Dictator" was one of the films that got Charlie Chaplin in trouble for his left wing views from the House of Un-American Activities Committee, and he labeled as a communist and prevented from ever returning to the United States.
    Daring Blasphemer BN-0
    +5
    It was indeed and, like all socialist ideology, ended in a dictatorship.
  • Resp 2012/09/21 02:43:06
    Resp
    What "neo-nazi" party are you talking about? And who claims they are "neo-nazi"? The ADL?

Sounds like the ADL are Zio-Nazis.
  • Zuggi Resp 2012/09/21 03:07:13
    Zuggi
    +3
    The Golden Dawn. See: using Swastikas in their propaganda, calling themselves National Socialists, Heil Hitlers, etc....

They're neo-Nazis. There's no two ways about it.
  • Resp Zuggi 2012/09/21 06:28:11
    Resp
    National Socialism is not "Nazism".
  • Zuggi Resp 2012/09/21 13:41:44
    Zuggi
    ...
  • Zuggi 2012/09/21 02:40:34
    Zuggi
    +3
    Because the German socialist party was the Social Democratic Party, not the Nazi Party.
  • tncdel Zuggi 2012/09/21 02:53:02
    tncdel
    Nope. Two factions of socialism. Just like Shiite and Sunni Muslims are both Muslims.
  • Zuggi tncdel 2012/09/21 02:55:05
    Zuggi
    +3
    No. The Nazi Party didn't push socialist doctrines. Just like the People's Republic of China isn't really for the people, the National Socialist Party isn't socialist.
  • Veritas CLM *First Sedition* 2012/09/21 02:28:25
    Veritas CLM *First Sedition*
    +1
    You just opened up a can of worms with the nazi-socialism debate.
  • tncdel Veritas... 2012/09/21 02:56:52
    tncdel
    Another totalitarian socialist, Josef Stalin, started the false lie that the German socialists were rightwing.

The U.S.S.R. [Union of Soviet SOCIALIST Republic] was merely competing with their German socialist-brethren, similar to how Shiite Muslims fight with Sunni Muslims, even though both are Muslim factions.
  • Veritas... tncdel 2012/09/21 03:08:05
    Veritas CLM *First Sedition*
    Without making public my position, I don't really even want to be involved in that debate. I have had this same discussion with so many people over the years, that I am completely uninterested. I was not trying to take a point of view in my original post. I was just pointing out that the "Were Nazis socialists or not?" debate would be the result of asking the question in the manner it was asked.
  • Tee Quake 2012/09/21 02:26:04
    Tee Quake
    +2
    It's surprising and extremely disheartening to learn their are boneheads walking around today who fancy Nazism. I'm not entirely clear how that ties into socialism, but I do sense the connection. Nazis, antisemitism, radical Islam, etc., I see far more of a connection to raw evil, than anything else.
  • Razoreye001 2012/09/21 02:22:11
    Razoreye001
    +2
    you forget Hitler exterminated all socialists when he took power.
  • Rust 2012/09/21 02:14:50
  • tncdel Rust 2012/09/21 02:20:34
    tncdel
    Almost as often as do Muslims and Black Panthers, don't you think? :)~
  • Rust tncdel 2012/09/21 02:21:03

2014/09/21 14:18:29