On November 10th, 1775, according to legend...the Marines were born as a detachment of the Navy. What do you say to a Marine on that date?

Rocky 2011/06/06 00:07:24
Oooooorah!
Semper Fi!
Happy Birthday....Marine!
One of the first things you learn in the Corps is the Birthdate of the Marine Corps. November 10th, 1775.Their primary job was to be sharpshooters on Naval Vessels, targeting high ranking individuals on enemy ships. A Marines primary designation is "A Rifleman!" The Marine who makes it past Basic and his/her final week...is marched onto the tarmac at Parris Island or USMC San Diego...and are designated United States Marines....a title for the few, the proud...The U. S. Marine!

• A sugar glider 2011/06/06 04:48:28
    A sugar glider
    +1
    my favorite marine is smedley butler. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/...

here are some quotes from the man:

"War is a racket. It always has been. It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives. A racket is best described, I believe, as something that is not what it seems to the majority of the people. Only a small 'inside' group knows what it is about. It is conducted for the benefit of the very few, at the expense of the very many. Out of war a few people make huge fortunes."

"I spent 33 years and four months in active military service and during that period I spent most of my time as a high class muscle man for Big Business, for Wall Street and the bankers. In short, I was a racketeer, a gangster for capitalism. I helped make Mexico and especially Tampico safe for American oil interests in 1914. I helped make Haiti and Cuba a decent place for the National City Bank boys to collect revenues in. I helped in the raping of half a dozen Central American republics for the benefit of Wall Street. I helped purify Nicaragua for the International Banking House of Brown Brothers in 1902-1912. I brought light to the Dominica...

here are some quotes from the man:

"I spent 33 years and four months in active military service and during that period I spent most of my time as a high class muscle man for Big Business, for Wall Street and the bankers. In short, I was a racketeer, a gangster for capitalism. I helped make Mexico and especially Tampico safe for American oil interests in 1914. I helped make Haiti and Cuba a decent place for the National City Bank boys to collect revenues in. I helped in the raping of half a dozen Central American republics for the benefit of Wall Street. I helped purify Nicaragua for the International Banking House of Brown Brothers in 1902-1912. I brought light to the Dominican Republic for the American sugar interests in 1916. I helped make Honduras right for the American fruit companies in 1903. In China in 1927 I helped see to it that Standard Oil went on its way unmolested. Looking back on it, I might have given Al Capone a few hints. The best he could do was to operate his racket in three districts. I operated on three continents."
  • Rocky A sugar... 2011/06/10 22:02:07
    Rocky
    Yes...and Smedley was 100% Marine. I appreciate the quotes...and give a rave for including it into your answer!
  • apachehellfire65 2011/06/06 03:53:37
    Semper Fi!
    apachehellfire65
    +1
    semper fi brother!
  • Rocky apacheh... 2011/06/10 22:00:47
    Rocky
    +1
    Semper Fi!
  • busyboots 2011/06/06 03:06:38
    All of the Above!
    busyboots
    +1
    Actually, I wasn't around yet on that date. lol
  • Rocky busyboots 2011/06/10 22:06:52
    Rocky
    Funny...neither was I...but I do know that I wish my Brother Marines a Happy Birthday on November 10th of every year!
  • Gooky 2011/06/06 02:34:21
    Happy Birthday....Marine!
    Gooky
    +1
    That's what they say to each other.Ooooooorah...I LOVE THE MARINES!!! ooooooorah love marines MARINE
  • James 2011/06/06 02:26:23
    All of the Above!
    James
    +1
    Half the Marines I spoke to about this don't know jack about this date (and half of them don't even care).
  • Rocky James 2011/06/08 13:02:00 (edited)
    Rocky
    James...I am a sixth generation Marine...and I remember my great grand father, who passed in 1969..always saying, "Happy Birthday, Marine" on November 10th, to my father. Daddy said it to me and my brothers and three sisters after we joined the Marines. It was something WE learned in Boot Camp. I can't imagine a Marine, man or woman who wasn't inculcated with that one fact...along with the mantra for your rifle!
  • James Rocky 2011/06/12 02:45:19
    James
    That may be so, but we're talking about people who were forced to be a Marine against their will for a war they thought they had no business being in the first place.
  • Jon 2011/06/06 00:32:18
    Oooooorah!
    Jon
    And every thing below in order! order marine corp bulldog
  • lulzifer 2011/06/06 00:27:10
    All of the Above!
    lulzifer
  • Rocky 2011/06/06 00:09:40
    All of the Above!
    Rocky
    +1
    Hmmm! I'd say Happy Birthday"...Marine! " first...then "Oooorah! "...and after their response.... would say "Semper Fi!"
  • Gooky Rocky 2011/06/06 02:37:01

2014/10/31 23:54:42